What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
4 user region code comments
|September 08, 2006||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by leod, November 09 2004:|
DVP-NS300, DVP-NS305, DVP-NS400D, DVP-NS700, DVP-S330, DVP-S335, DVP-S360, DVP-S336, DVP-S525D, DVP-S530D, DVP-S535D, DVP-S536D, DVP-S725D, DVP-S735D
* Turn On the unit with the remote controller
* Wait until "no disc" appears in the unit's display
* Press Pause, 3, 1, 4, 1, 5, 9
* The word "CODE" should appear in the display
* Within five seconds, press the key that corresponds to the zone you want i.e. 0 for region free, 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2 and so on
* Again, within 5 seconds, press Pause and Power
If the above fails to work then you may wish to try the following:
* Put the player into Standby mode
* Press 1 and Return on remote for region 1, 2 and Return for region 2, and so on. Use 0 and Return to return player to default region settings
* Press P-Mode and Return to play DVD's with the selected region, auto-switching is Off
* Press Audio and Return for auto-switching On
* Press Angle and Return for MacroVision On
* Press Subtitle and Return for MacroVision Off
|Region code hack posted by tombraider, January 29 2005:|
I just got a SonyDVP-NS775V and tried the above described hacks, but no success.
Neither of the 2 hacks worked.
The player played DVD+R well (haven't tried DVD-R yet).
Who can help to find the right hack ???
|Region code hack posted by Ben Alabaster, June 06 2005:|
I'd like to comment that neither of these hacks worked for me either. I'd really like to find a hack for this player as half of my DVD collection is Region 2 - not much good when I live in Canada now.
Hope someone can help.
|Region code hack posted by dmaljunk, September 08 2006:|
This player, if purchased in the US for NTSC will play "patched" DVDs. Before you record PAL DVD on a DVD+R or DVD-R, use IFOEdit application to change regions from PAL to NTSC in all .ifo files and save. Then record using NEro or whatever else you use for recording. Works fine with region free PAL movies but not with a specific region PAL. Most PAL movies I came across were region free ("ALL") PAL.
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.