Zoom Player is the most Powerful, Flexible and Customizable DVD and Media Player for the Windows PC platform. Using our powerful Smart Play technology, more image, audio and video media formats play with less hassle, increased stability and better performance. Pro/MAX versions costs from $40, see feature comparison.
14.5 (January 17, 2019)
Visit developer's siteDownload Zoom Player 14.5 [31.0MB] [Win]
Download Zoom Player old versions
"*" = New
View full changelog
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix
--- What's new in Zoom Player v14.5:
* Extended video streaming support for the following web sites:
Facebook (facebook.com)Vimeo (vimeo.com)Dailymotion (dailymotion.com)VK (vk.com)LiveLeak (liveleak.com)Break.com (break.com)Veoh (veoh.com)eBaum's World (ebaumsworld.com)VKMag.com (vkmag.com)Team Four Star (teamfourstar.com)GodTube (godtube.com)StreetFire.net (streetfire.net)Daily HaHa (dailyhaha.com)TCMag.com (tcmag.com)Bofunk (bofunk.com)
Some sites (e.g. facebook) may require you to enable the extended analysismode for the 3DYD filter through the Zoom Player Install Center.
* Automatic fullscreen navigation skin switching based on the display'saspect ratio.For example, by specifying a 16:10 and selected a Zoom Player navigationskin designed for 16:10 displays.(e.g. https://www.inmatrix.com/zplayer/nav/default1610.shtml)Note:Skin switching is currently only triggered when opening a navigationinterface.
* TheMovieDB.org media library scraping plugin has been enhanced and cannow return non-english meta-data (texts and images).
* The playlist editor (when using the default Onyx skin or the bundledAlba skin) now draws alternating line highlights making the playlisteasier to track visually.
* The playlist editor's right-click menu now features Colorize actionsthat let you easily color-code track(s) text and background colors.The color information is automatically saved and restored when usingZoom Player's default ZPL format playlists.
* New "PlayListData/Background2" skin script parameter that specifiesthe alternating playlist editor line highlight color.
* New "Thumb rendering threads" setting (Adv. Options / Interface /Fullscreen Navigation / Thumb View) to specify the number of CPU threadsused to render the thumbview display.Previously, this setting was hard-coded to use 2 threads, but now youcan specify any value from "Auto" to "16".Auto mode uses either 2 or 3 threads depending on your PC, butperformance can be improved further with additional threads on systemscontaining many cores or high bandwidth RAM.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback) that automatically tries to usethe YouTube IFRAME player if DirectShow playback of a YouTube streamfails.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Controls):"Next / Previous Track" plays the next/prev media in the same folder ifplaylist contains 1 file.This function behind this setting was previously always enabled.This setting remains enabled by default, but from now you can disablethis behavior from the advanced options dialog.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Controls) to mute the audio whenenabling Slow Motion or Fast Play.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Fullscreen Navigation / Customization) toforce the navigation list or thumb view to maximum width.Unlike the "full width" setting, this setting will make the navigationlist area take the display device's maximum resolution, which can causesome cosmetic issues (like the thumbnail highlight getting cropped).
* New "Support folders as playlist entries" Setting (Adv. Options /Interface / Playlist). This setting was previously hardcoded andis still enabled by default to support advanced playlist functionality.However, supporting folders as playlist entries triggers a spun-down HDDdrive to spin back up when a playlist is loaded. With this new settingdisabled, you can now prevent drives from accidentally spinning up.
* The advanced playlist control (accessible through the playlist editoror by pressing "J") now shows the number of items remaining in theplaylist as the search filters the playlist.
* New "Refresh" option (Media Library Category Editor / Configure Category)for YouTube channels and RSS Streams that refreshes the channel's Name & Thumbnail.
* New "exVidMoveHorz" and "exVidMoveVert" extended functions that movethe video area (fullscreen) or player window (when not in fullscreen)horizontally and vertically.Command line usage example:zplayer.exe /exfunc:exvidmovehorz,-200 /exfunc:exvidmovevert,-100
* New "fnToggleOverlayCover" function to toggle the "Video covers entiredisplay area" setting on and off.
+ Optimized the Media Library's thumbnail drawing code, increasing updatespeed and smoothness.
+ The Maximum number of scraping threads used by the media library hasincreased from 8 to 16.
+ The advanced playlist control's filter search was searching theentire playlist on each letter pressed, this caused a sluggishuser experience when dealing with very larger playlists (over30,000 entries).To enhance the user experience, the search action is now onlyperformed 350-400ms after the last key-stroke, ensuring thatthe user interface does not stall while typing.
+ When a media library scraped movie did not contain a backdrop image,the default background image is now used instead of a black screen.
+ Zoom Player now does a better job at extracting album art images frommedia files if the JPEG image contains junk in front of the actual image.
+ The Install Center now includes two configuration profiles for the3DYD YouTube Source filter that enable HD/4K streaming.
+ Visualization are now supported when the 3DYD YouTube Source filter isset to "audio only" output.
+ The Command & Control API now notifies when subtitles are enabled/disabled when using the "fnToggleSub" and "fnDisableDVDsub" functions.
+ Updated the PNG and zLib libraries to newer versions.
- TheAudioDB.com scraper plugin is now functional again after the API usedby the site moved to encrypted communication (https), breaking backwardcompatibility.
- TheAudioDB.com media library scraper can now better handle artist namescontaining the "-" character, for example "Alt-J - This Is All Yours"will now properly scrape.
- Starting Zoom Player with the "Do not check if a file exists when addingto the playlist" setting enabled no longer triggers spun-down HDD drivesto spin-up.
- The GuardDog feature tried to restart Zoom Player if Zoom Player'sload time was taking too long (due to HDD drive spin-ups or a networkdrive reconnection), from now the guard dog feature will only startfunctioning once Zoom Player has finished loading.
- When viewing the media library's TV/Movie in JukeBox mode, the backdropimages was not scaled and cropped properly on non-16:9 displays(e.g. 1920x1200 monitor) leaving black bars instead of filling withthe backdrop.
- Kinetic scrolling in the media library did not work well using a mousecursor, stopping when attempting to scroll multiple times while thekinetic movement was still in mid process.
- Fixed a possible TheMovieDB.org scraper freeze (could have causedslow-downs on exit or more rarely, a player freeze) when used incombination with the "Scrape using media derived title (insteadof file name)" category setting.
- The Media Library's Jukebox mode would not enable if the only file inthe folder was a playlist.
- Fixed a case where a media library scraped movie not containing abackdrop image showed a backdrop from another movie.
- When the "Scrape using media derived title (instead of file name)" categorysetting was enabled, under some conditions, the media's thumbnail would notdisplay after closing and reopening the media library.
- Playing media that contained certain special characters in the media'stitle caused multiple unplayable entries to appear in the play history.
- If a media title contained a 'line feed' or 'return' characters, it wouldcorrupt the play history.
- With the "Adv. Options / Interface / Position & Size - Auto-Size UserInterface to maintain Video Aspect Ratio (when resizing)" setting enabled,playing audio files with folder/album art could cause Zoom Player's mainwindow to display partially off-screen.
- The latest version of mediainfo DLL changed how it extracts cover artfor audio files, breaking Zoom Player support for displaying the albumart with some audio formats (mainly M4A).
- Better album art image extraction from audio files with ID3v2 TAGs whenthe image header included some junk data.
- When opening a media file by double-clicking from explorer (or otherfile managers), the currently playing track wouldn't highlight correctlyand show the playing position in the playlist editor.
- Using the "Stop" function while a JPEG/PNG image was loading, combinedwith a setting that closes the playing media when using the "Stop"function, caused the image to remain on screen under some conditions.
- Double-clicking an entry on the skin selection dialog could sometimestrigger an access violation error.
- When opening the playlist editor, under some conditions the bottomentries would not show up until the playlist screen was refreshedby a click or scroll.
- The "&" character wasn't showing up in the playlist editor.
- Pressing under the last item in the playlist editor did notvisually select the last item in the list. Then if you pressedthe "Enter" key, it would start playing the last item in theplaylist which was a bit confusing without the visual cue ofa selected entry.
- Fixed a crash when trying to play a video file with too manyexternal audio tracks. External audio tracks are now limitedto a maximum of 10 tracks.
- When the "Force the navigation list or thumb view display to full width"setting was enabled in combination with the "Use dynamically visiblescroll bar" setting, the thumbnail would not highlight correctly.
- Zoom Player will no longer try running MediaInfo.dll when playing a URL,removing the 'unknown error' message from the play information dialogs.
- Using the "^" character in a file name to force the media libraryscraper to ignore any text after this character did not work properlyin some cases.
- The "Mute audio during forward and backward seeks" setting was mutingaudio when attempting to seek forward/backward in a live stream evenin cases where seeking was not possible.
Home Theater PC made Simple
Zoom Player's fullscreen navigation interface is based on a simple 5-Key system (up/down/left/right/select). The 5-key system allows easy access and navigation to such interfaces as Media Library, File Browsing, Playlist, Color Control, Audio Equalizer, Chaptering, Play History and many more. The system's simplicity makes it ideal for users with no previous computer experience.
With Zoom Player, you can instantly Convert any PC into a Home Entertainment Center or Home Theater PC (HTPC) with no requirement for specialized hardware or operating system (Zoom Player runs on every version of Windows).
Utilizing Zoom Player's modular design and flexibility, you can easily design a safe viewing environment, limiting or extending functionality, making it ideal for both children and to the consummate professional.
Zoom Player's Install Center will scan your system for missing or outdated components and automatically present you with a list of recommended updates and patches. Using Zoom Player's Install Center technology, you can be sure your system is up to date with the most recent technological innovations without compromising security (all updates are digitally signed) while gaining access to a centralized location, removing the burden of manually searching for the latest updates yourself.
Technology meets Sophistication
Zoom Player installs easily, learning your computer's hardware and software setup. Using the innovative Smart Play technology, Zoom Player employs the ideal "play profile" for every session. This profile comprises the most suitable Audio and Video decoders matched with compatible components - a combination that guarantees a perfect viewing experience, time after time.
A tool for every need
Zoom Player addresses every aspect of DVD and Media control. Zoom Player plays media in every conceivable color composition, display type, playback speed and more. With Zoom Player you can create and manage personalized Media Libraries, virtual Chaptering and Bookmarks, cut and edit scenes with the Scene Cut Editor. Zoom Player employs customizable display characteristics and user defined presets, allows to Remote-Control all menu, navigation and playback functions via wireless (RF) or Infra-Red (IR) Remote Control units, and comes ready with a set of TCP/IP Commands to allow control of Zoom Player via the internet (or any TCP/IP based connection).
Customize, Modify, Reshape as you like
Use Zoom Player's flexible customization options to match your taste. Modify the Graphical User Interface, menus and splash screens. Change operation modes, control options, codec compatibility and many other features. Don't compromise. Make the system meet your EXACT needs.
Shape your desired viewing environment with ease using Zoom Player's modular design and flexibility. Extend or limit functionality as you wish. Personalize the interface, functions and viewing parameters to suit any type of use, any viewer - from a simple, safely monitored, children-friendly viewing tool to a sophisticated, no-limits powerhouse for professionals.
Flavors for All
Zoom Player comes in three flavors: Zoom Player Professional, Zoom Player Premium, and Zoom Player MAX Professional.
Acronyms / Also Known As
Notify me when software updated or report software
Email me when it has been updated
Report this software (dead link/new version)
Can't even play mkv and any movies in my harddisk. useless!
Review by yoi
Dec 14, 2018 Version: 14.4
OS: Windows 8 64-bit Ease of use: 1/10
Value for money: 1/10
No comments. Rating it only.
Review by Steve21
Jul 11, 2018 Version: 14.2
OS: Windows 10 64-bit Ease of use: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10
Splash Player 2 the best player for HD video!
Review by crap
Jun 5, 2018 Version: Crapy
OS: Windows 8 64-bit Ease of use: 1/10
Value for money: 1/10
No comments. Rating it only.
Review by Steve234
Jul 16, 2017 Version: 13.7
OS: Windows 10 64-bit Ease of use: 10/10
Value for money: 10/10
what a media player,in one word just fantastic because it can play any media files quickly and it has the best audio equalizer than any other media players and by doing custom settings you can also see the total full time of all media files just by adding them immediately at the playlist and what a sharp sound it gives by doing minimum low adjustments at the audio equalizer,it has also video equalizer but only thing it requires codecs installed in your PC to play all media files like K-Lite Mega Codec Pack
Review by parag19
Feb 8, 2011 Version: 7.10.5
OS: WinXP Ease of use: 10/10
Value for money: 10/10
|1 tool hits, Showing
= New tool since your last visit
= New version since your last visit
= New review since your last visit
= New version
Type and download
NO MORE UPDATES?
= The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years.
NO LONGER DEVELOPED
= The software hasn't been updated in over 5 years.
= The software has been updated the last 31 days.
= Download Free software.
= Download Free software but some parts are trial/shareware.
= Download Free software and also open source code.
= Download Free software and also open source code but some parts are trial/shareware.
= Download Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation.
= Free Download software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation.
= Also called shareware or demo. Free Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions.
= No demo or trial available.
= A portable/standalone version is available. No installation is required.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a Beta, RC(Release Candidate) or an Alpha / Nightly / Unstable version of the software.
= A direct link to the software download.
= Windows download version. It works on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.
= Windows 64-bit download version. It works only on 64-bit Windows.
= Mac download version. It works on 32-bit and 64-bit Mac OS.
= Mac OS download version. It works only on 64-bit Mac OS.
= Linux download version.
= Portable version. No installation is required.
= The software is bundled with advertising. Be careful when you install the software and disable addons that you don't want!
Visit developers site = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64-bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = Portable/Standalone version meaning that no installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
Portable version available = Download the portable version and you can just extract the files and run the program without installation.
Old versions available = Download old versions of the program.
Version history available = Complete changelog on our site.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com
Rating from 0-10.