Zoom Player is the most Powerful, Flexible and Customizable DVD and Media Player for the Windows PC platform. Using our powerful Smart Play technology, more image, audio and video media formats play with less hassle, increased stability and better performance. Pro/MAX versions costs from $40, see feature comparison.
14.1 (February 1, 2018)
Visit developer's site
Download Zoom Player 14.1 [29.5MB] [Win]
Download Zoom Player old versions
"*" = New
View full changelog
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix
--- What's new in Zoom Player v14.1:
* Automatic support for native Windows 7-10 media library folder structure (previously only the more basic Windows XP-Vista library structure was supported).
* New setting (Adv. Options / File Format Association / File Extensions" to instruct Zoom Player to process ".m3u8" playlists. This setting is disabled by default as it can cause conflicts with services that require DirectShow filters to process this type of playlist format.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / File Tracker) to specify the download tracking plugins refresh rate.
This value only affects the media library and file browsing navigation interfaces, the download tracking navigation interface refreshes at a higher rate automatically. Please note that using a low number (under 10 seconds) may impact performance when tracking large file lists (over 10,000 entries).
* New setting on the Torrents download & tracking plugin to prevent it from passing file entries to Zoom Player that do not actually exist on the disk drive. This setting is off by default but can increase performance when dealing with a large number of torrents that were only partially downloaded.
* New setting on the Torrents download & tracking plugin to prevent it from passing file entries to Zoom Player that are marked as "do not download". This setting is off by default. Enabling this setting can reduce some computations and speed up the listing process but at the same time it prevents you from later changing the download priority on these files.
* New setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Audio / Visualizations) to enable Zoom Player's DSP filter only for visualizations.
* New setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Audio / Visualizations) to set an initial audio re-synchronization value for visualizations (Zoom Player's DSP filter is required for this setting to function).
* The last play position is now drawn over the thumbnail in TV Jukebox mode.
+ Windows 10 creators edition changed how fonts are rendered by enabling clear-type rendering at higher resolutions. Clear-type is a lot slower to draw and at resolutions above 1080p causes severe performance degradation in Zoom Player's fullscreen navigation interfaces. Previously, to solve this issue, you could set Zoom Player to override windows' font rendering. From this version, the setting is enabled by default (you can still change it manually under "Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Customization").
+ Zoom Player's default window size for the onyx skin was changed to present a default video size of 960x540 (up from the previous 604x340) and for the alba skin, the default video size was changed to 1280x720.
+ You can now press the escape key to cancel a 'play all files in folder' feature mid-action. Accidentally playing an entire drive could have caused Zoom Player to appear unresponsive.
+ You can now press any navigation key to cancel a 'play all files in folder' feature mid-action.
+ The download plugins synchronization has been completely rewritten, and should no longer cause any user interface slow-downs.
+ The torrents plugin has been greatly optimized, working much faster with large file lists.
+ The download fullscreen navigation interface should scroll much smoothly when dealing with a large number of files.
+ The YouTube (Channel/Search/Trending), Playlist and RSS Feed media library plugins have been optimized for greater performance.
+ Optimized core string handling routines, improving script parsing (e.g. Skin parsing) and other areas.
+ Media Library plugin result entries now display the media's title instead of the file name or URL in list mode (previously the title only showed in thumbnail mode).
+ A 'processing, please hold ...' message now appear when it takes Zoom Player longer to close due to background tasks (media scraping, download plugin sync) still being active.
+ Switching between fullscreen and windowed mode while the media library is opened should be cleaner and faster (less visual junk in the transition).
- Opening the media library, especially on 4K displays showed a low resolution image of the media library for a split second before displaying the full resolution version.
The double-draw event caused both the described visual glitch as well as a performance penality.
- Resizing the Zoom Player window while the media library was visible in thumbnail mode could cause the thumbnails to display in the wrong size.
- Selecting a custom Audio Renderer for audio visualizations did not work well (the wrong audio renderer was used at times).
- Loading a text file would not display the file name in the title area.
- Using the Stop function to close the playing media did not work if the playing media was a text file.
- Fixed a scraping bug where the ".nfo" file detection algorithm would fail with files/folders names containing unicode characters.
- Fixed a possible crash that would trigger sometimes on an initial run after a fresh install.
- Fixed a crash when playing a live video stream using MadVR as the video renderer and trying to use the pause button on the control bar.
- Opening the file browsing and download manager fullscreen navigation interfaces will no longer freeze for two seconds if the Torrents download plugin is enabled and qBittorrent isn't running.
- Opening the file browsing and download manager fullscreen navigation interfaces will no longer freeze for long periods if qBittorrent is seeding many torrents.
- The media library should no longer freeze for a few seconds when retrieving large file lists from qBittorrent using the Torrents plugin.
- The information dialog ("I" keyboard macro) did not show up when playing in fullscreen on a secondary monitor.
- The torrents download plugin was not recognizing a file's download priority correctly after the latest qBittorrent release.
- The torrents download plugin was listing files returned by qBittorrent but no longer existing on the disk drive in the root folder instead of their (no longer existing) path.
- The currently selected playlist editor entries would lose their selection if a playlist update was triggered after the listed media's duration has been scraped.
- Trying to play a streaming media URL that contained trailing spaces would fail. Trailing spaces are now trimmed (you can still use encoded space characters in the URL).
- The Lock-UI (user interface) feature used to prevent accidental clicks did not block some click and double-click actions.
- The Dolby Digital Plus audio format was not being displayed with an icon on the TV and Movie jukebox screens.
- The play position tool-tip was sometimes displayed in the wrong screen position on multi-monitor displays.
- MIDI audio playback should be more reliable.
- The media library's playlist plugin no longer shows an invalid duration value if the playlist entry has no duration.
Home Theater PC made Simple
Zoom Player's fullscreen navigation interface is based on a simple 5-Key system (up/down/left/right/select). The 5-key system allows easy access and navigation to such interfaces as Media Library, File Browsing, Playlist, Color Control, Audio Equalizer, Chaptering, Play History and many more. The system's simplicity makes it ideal for users with no previous computer experience.
With Zoom Player, you can instantly Convert any PC into a Home Entertainment Center or Home Theater PC (HTPC) with no requirement for specialized hardware or operating system (Zoom Player runs on every version of Windows).
Utilizing Zoom Player's modular design and flexibility, you can easily design a safe viewing environment, limiting or extending functionality, making it ideal for both children and to the consummate professional.
Zoom Player's Install Center will scan your system for missing or outdated components and automatically present you with a list of recommended updates and patches. Using Zoom Player's Install Center technology, you can be sure your system is up to date with the most recent technological innovations without compromising security (all updates are digitally signed) while gaining access to a centralized location, removing the burden of manually searching for the latest updates yourself.
Technology meets Sophistication
Zoom Player installs easily, learning your computer's hardware and software setup. Using the innovative Smart Play technology, Zoom Player employs the ideal "play profile" for every session. This profile comprises the most suitable Audio and Video decoders matched with compatible components - a combination that guarantees a perfect viewing experience, time after time.
A tool for every need
Zoom Player addresses every aspect of DVD and Media control. Zoom Player plays media in every conceivable color composition, display type, playback speed and more. With Zoom Player you can create and manage personalized Media Libraries, virtual Chaptering and Bookmarks, cut and edit scenes with the Scene Cut Editor. Zoom Player employs customizable display characteristics and user defined presets, allows to Remote-Control all menu, navigation and playback functions via wireless (RF) or Infra-Red (IR) Remote Control units, and comes ready with a set of TCP/IP Commands to allow control of Zoom Player via the internet (or any TCP/IP based connection).
Customize, Modify, Reshape as you like
Use Zoom Player's flexible customization options to match your taste. Modify the Graphical User Interface, menus and splash screens. Change operation modes, control options, codec compatibility and many other features. Don't compromise. Make the system meet your EXACT needs.
Shape your desired viewing environment with ease using Zoom Player's modular design and flexibility. Extend or limit functionality as you wish. Personalize the interface, functions and viewing parameters to suit any type of use, any viewer - from a simple, safely monitored, children-friendly viewing tool to a sophisticated, no-limits powerhouse for professionals.
Flavors for All
Zoom Player comes in three flavors: Zoom Player Professional, Zoom Player Premium, and Zoom Player MAX Professional.
Acronyms / Also Known As
Notify me when software updated or report software
Email me when it has been updated
Report this software (dead link/new version)
No comments. Rating it only.
Jul 16, 2017 Version: 13.7
OS: Windows 10 64-bit Ease of use: 10/10
Value for money: 10/10
what a media player,in one word just fantastic because it can play any media files quickly and it has the best audio equalizer than any other media players and by doing custom settings you can also see the total full time of all media files just by adding them immediately at the playlist and what a sharp sound it gives by doing minimum low adjustments at the audio equalizer,it has also video equalizer but only thing it requires codecs installed in your PC to play all media files like K-Lite Mega Codec Pack
Feb 8, 2011 Version: 7.10.5
OS: WinXP Ease of use: 10/10
Value for money: 10/10
Honestly may be the most "powerful, flexible and customizable" DVD and media player in existence. Tons of options and customizations. Highest-quality media playback. Beautiful interface. Only the high purchase price holds this fine piece of software back. Highly recommended.
Sep 30, 2009 Version: 7.00 RC1
OS: Vista Ease of use: 9/10
Value for money: 7/10
This is a great video player. I used to use VLC media player, but I stumbled on this program about a year ago and fell in love with it. Simple to use, lots of features, doesn't seem to use a lot of system resources. The selling point for me was being able to adjust the aspect ratio/video size in full screen mode which you can't do with vlc.
Dec 13, 2007 Version: 5
OS: WinXP Ease of use: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10
At first, this looked like the player I was looking for: lots of formats and features (everything that I was looking for and some). But, it's expensive (to unlock the features I want) and it can't smoothly handle skipping around in the video (ff, rewind, skip fwd, etc) without a lot of video problems while it resynchronizes and tries to repaint the stream unless you're playing at 1:1 (why bother). I have a very fast system, including fast video (~6000 on 3dMark06). It's even worse if you have a cut file to make is skip over commercials (videos recorded off the air/cable, then processed through show analyzer).
I should note that if it wasn't for the video problems, I probably would have registered it -- even at (IMO) it's high cost.
Feb 25, 2007 Version: 5.00
OS: WinXP Ease of use: 5/10
Value for money: 4/10
|1 tool hits, Showing
= New tool since your last visit
= New version since your last visit
= New comment since your last visit
= New version
Type and download
NO MORE UPDATES?
= The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years.
NO LONGER DEVELOPED
= The software hasn't been updated in over 5 years.
= The software has been updated the last 31 days.
= Download Free software.
= Download Free software and also open source code.
= Download Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation.
= Free Download software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation.
= Also called shareware or demo. Free Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions.
= No demo or trial available.
= A portable/standalone version is available. No installation is required.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a Beta, RC(Release Candidate) or an Alpha / Nightly / Unstable version of the software.
= A direct link to the software download.
= Windows download version. It works on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.
= Windows 64-bit download version. It works only on 64-bit Windows.
= Mac download version. It works on 32-bit and 64-bit Mac OS.
= Mac OS download version. It works only on 64-bit Mac OS.
= Linux download version.
= Portable version. No installation is required.
= The software is bundled with advertising. Be careful when you install the software and disable addons that you don't want!
Visit developers site = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64-bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = Portable/Standalone version meaning that no installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
Portable version available = Download the portable version and you can just extract the files and run the program without installation.
Old versions available = Download old versions of the program.
Version history available = Complete changelog on our site.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com
Rating from 0-10.