Lightworks, an Academy and Emmy award winning professional-grade editor with over 20 years of history in the film and broadcast industry. Having cut hundreds of films such as Pulp Fiction, The Departed, Centurion and Shutter Island, it includes a full feature set of editorial tools -- from advanced trimming and media management, to stereoscopic support and realtime effects including multiple secondary colour correctors. Lightworks has an advanced effects pipeline, utilizing the power of your GPU. And with support for up to 2K workflows with realtime effects, it is the most advanced editing application available. Lightworks Pro costs $120/year, more features, see version comparison.
OS:Windows Mac Linux
14.5 (October 17, 2018)
Visit developer's siteDownload Lightworks 14.5 Windows [70.4MB] [Win]Download Lightworks 14.5 Windows 64-bit [ca 70.4MB] [Win64]Download Lightworks 14.5 Mac [Mac]Download Lightworks 14.5 Linux [Linux]
Download Lightworks old versions
Fixes and Features in Version 14.5
View full changelog
* "Cross Platform Fixes and Features"
* "Windows Fixes and Features"
* "Linux Fixes and Features"
* "Mac OS Fixes and Features"
Cross Platform Fixes and Features
* "New Features"
* Added export option to Reaper (Lightworks Pro only)
* Added support for Exporting/Transcoding/Rendering to Cineform HD/UHD AVI/MOV (Lightworks Pro
* Added varispeed information to FCP7 XML exports (Lightworks Pro Only)
* Added reverse varispeed information to XML exports (Lightworks Pro Only)
* Added export quality setting to the JPEG image sequence option (Lightworks Pro Only)
* Added export format option for Free users "H.246/MP4 (Free)"
* Added support for decode of Cineform codecs
* Added support for AC-3 audio in mp4/mov/m4v/m4a wrappers
* Added support of variable frame rate fles (.mov .mp4, .m4v)
* Added Histogram graph to the Video Tools panel
* Added Frame Rate search criteria to the Content Manager
* Added ability to "slide" an efect crossfade trim so that the trim can be moved up/down the timeline
without damaging the sequence as it currently does
* Added ability to drag a dissolve up of removing it like when right clicking and selecting "Remove"
* Added new Italians wording fle to the installer (Courtesy of Carmelo Batagglia)
* Added ability to scroll the sequence timeline without changing the current timeline marker position
* Added ability to adjust RED R3D RAW metadata parameters (.rmd)
Added individual clip R3D decode settings panel next to the Metadata panel in Log view
Added project wide R3D Decode settings to the Video tab of the project card
* Added 16-bit GPU precision replacing 10-bit
* Added ability to acknowledge project wide LUT setting on export
* Added ability to set a Ranged Cue Marker (Start and End point)
* Added ability to restore deleted clips from Milestones (which restores the entire clip with media link)
* Added preliminary support for Blackmagic RAW fles
On Windows: Open a command prompt with admin rights and do regsvr32 "C:\Program
Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\BlackmagicRawAPI.dll"
On Mac: Show the Resolve.app package contents and copy the BlackmagicRawAPI.framework
* Added new confg.dat parameters:
* Added new pixel-shader variables
foat _OutputFPS; // eg. 24.0, 25.0, 29.97, etc
foat _Length; // Length of the efect in secs
foat _LengthFrames // Length of the efect in frames
* Added support for media structures:
Added support for XDCAM HD folder structure
Added support for AVCHD folder structure
Added support for GFCAM folder structure
Added support for JVC folder structure
Added support for IkegamiFieldPak
Added support for GOPRO/FlipVideo/Canon folder structures
Added support for chunked Canon XF clips
* Enhanced the timeline "Appearance" option and changed the name to "Settings"
Added new "Behaviour" tab the timeline "Settings" panel
Added ability to Enable/Disable 'Safe' trimming (disabling safe trimming allows cuts to be
extended beyond its boundaries)
Added ability to set timeline 'segment_drag_size'(previously a confg.dat entry)
* Enhanced the Media tab of the Project Card
Added ability to set Proxy creation settings
Added ability to set Transcode settings (Now removed from the Import cogs menu)
* Added support for creating proxies from 60fps media
* Added 'Reveal > Media fles' on timeline segments
* Added right click "Render" option for clips in the sequence timeline in both layouts. Render button has
been removed from the timeline in Flexible layout
* Added new trimming functionality to prevent a trim being extended beyond the media available at the
head or tail
* Added support for Quicktime MOV fles with Alpha Channels
* Added an "Alignment" option on the BITC panel to prevent text appear in the wrong area
* Added ability for title efect text to appear as a comment in EDL's (32 character limit)
* Added ability to export a bin of contents to XML and JSON
* Added ability to trim on the VFX tab
* Added ability to copy multiple sequences in one go from a bin
* Added improved selection between bins in List and Tiles view
* Added improvements to the ELS messaging system
* Added keyboard shortcut command for "Step midnight sequence number"
* Added keyboard shortcut command for creating Sync(s)
* Added keyboard shortcut commands for 'clipboard insert/replace & next'
* Added keyboard shortcut function for making a new Content Manager
* Added keyboard shortcut commands "Next cut" and "Previous cut" that ignores: Marks, Cues, etc
* Added keyboard shortcut function for toggling timeline zoom
* Added keyboard shortcut key "Cue Marker (no prompt)"
* Added warning prior to resetting Key assignments
* Added ability to allow users to register an account while still running the automatic Free license
* Added support for handling .MOD and .TOD fles
* Added quality setting options for CineForm on the Export/Render/Transcode panel
* Added ability to create proxies for fles shorter than a second using I-Frame codecs (Cineform, AVCIntra)
* Added new feature to allow customisation of timeline mouse behaviour
* Added improvements for transcoded chunked XDCAM media
* Added support for AAC 32 foat audio
* Added more available space next to the sequence name on the viewer, so that clip name is not
* Added ability to make a batch of Syncs from ranged sequence Cue Markers
* Added ability to manage user export presets
* Added amount of space required for an Archive to the project backup panel
* Added BITC preferences to the "Preferences" folder moved from the project ED5
* Added ability to duplicate sequences and place them in a target bin (in one step) including a "new bin"
* Added ability to set H.264 proxy bit rate according to quality level setting
* Added the ability to right-click a clip and choose 'Make -> Sequence'
* Added the ability to make syncs from sequence segments
* Added ability to set the size of the thumbnails on the FX panel
* Added 8bit and 10bit options to DPX Image Sequence export
* Added ability to log black frames during export
* Added new ability to recreate missing linked media. "Media -> Repair"
* Added Apple ProRes XQ to decode formats
* Added deletion date to the milestones recovery panel (The displayed 'deletion date' will only be
correct for items deleted from now on)
* Improved audio transitions written into XML exports
* Improved media-fle defnitions for audio-only fles in XML exports
* Improved AAF error codes to give helpful messages
* Improved display of low resolution proxies for interlaced material
* Improved thumbnail rendering speeds for H.264 MP4/MOV fles
* Improved Audio Network media check
* Improved the "Create folders for clips" option on the Image Sequence export
* Fixed various issues surrounding media management
Media fles are now moved correctly
Proxy fles are now moved and not deleted
Index fles are now moved
* Fixed potential crash clicking Undo multiple times after deleting all the keyframes on a Curves efect
Audio waveform fles are no longer deleted when moving fles
* Fixed AAF export potentially failing if the sequence contains a dissolve at the very start
* Fixed potential crash importing an AAF containing dissolves
* Fixed Blend efect not removing the Alpha channel on clips that contain one
* Fixed colour shift when playing back DPX sequences
* Fixed invalid hyperlinks in the export log when the flename contains an '=' character
* Fixed copy/paste on Clipboard timeline not always work as expected
* Fixed potential crash moving mouse over a tile
* Fixed incorrect display of 960x720 anamorphic MP4 media
* Fixed Efects nodes not always reconnecting correctly after removing a node
* Fixed P2 AVC-Intra 'CONTENTS' folder causing all other media fles alongside it to be hidden
* Fixed 'Find clip to fll sequence' not working if the clip has 32 or more characters as the Reel ID
* Fixed deformed image and/or black frames on a clip after cancelling a transcode during fle import
* Fixed The 'Make subclip' key assignment not working on Prints
* Fixed Lightworks.archive restores not restoring all the media links
* Fixed Clipboard .ed5 growing very large over time afecting project performance
* Fixed Unicode text copied from a Lightworks text-entry box not being correct when pasted
* Fixed potential crash clicking undo after adding and grouping video tracks
* Fixed Unicode BITC text not showing correctly
* Fixed crash making an audio only Kemroll from audio only fles
* Fixed potential crash deleting a project with a corrupt .odb fle
* Fixed Incorrect duration/speed for image-sequences in 25fps projects
* Fixed auto switching from Edit to VFX tab when dragging out an inline efect to it's own FX track (Fixed
* Fixed crash after using 'Make source into sequence' (Flexible layout)
* Fixed creating a sequence of matches from the fnd matching clips panel from removing crossfades
* Fixed archives containing multiple copies of the same fle
* Fixed foating Bins appearing in Fixed layout when dragging them outside the interface window
* Fixed drag and drop of a Stereoscopic clip to a sequence not creating a sequence with a V1/2
* Fixed create-link imports requiring forcible extraction not being revealed in the interface
* Fixed odd behaviour importing a folder of clips more than once
* Fixed AAF from AVID Media Composer not importing with the correct start timecode for V1 clips
* Fixed potential crash changing the "Fullscreen preview monitor" setting
* Fixed dropped frames on playback and audio drifting out of sync
* Fixed the 'Make subclip' command not working for syncs
* Fixed user interface not ftting correctly on 1366x768 monitors in Fixed layout
* Fixed Fullscreen display not displaying a video when frst entering a project
* Fixed incorrect clip length in mi...
* Resolution, format and codec independent timeline
* Edit at 23.976, true 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, or 60 fps
* Advanced Multicam editing with unlimited sources
* Source/Record three-point editing
* Insert and Overwrite editing
* Replace, t to ll, backfill
* Drag-and-drop replace editing
* Extend and Split edits
* A/V Sync indicators on timeline
* Single-click re-sync of whole timeline
* Multi-colored markers for edits and clips
* Matchframe for clips and subclips
* Slip and Slide
* Remove and Delete
* Asymmetric, multitrack trimming
* Dynamic trimming during playback
* JKL trimming
* Trim window
* Timeline trimming
* Keyboard and numeric moving and trimming
* Close Gap
* Third Party Plugin Support
* Alpha Channel Matte Transitions
* Global Transitions adds effects between In and Out points
* Real-time effects in SD, HD and 2K
* Speed Tool for varispeed changes
* Keyframe graphs
* Transitions, effects, and filters included
* Unlimited effects user templates
* Copy and paste effect attributes to multiple clips
* Effects layers with node-based compositing tool
* Bezier curves with movable motion paths
* Numeric control and keyframe capabilities
* Real-time, hardware accurate video vectorscopes and waveform monitors
* Multitrack Audio Mixer with full bus routing and multiple mixes
* Keyboard and user interface customization tool with templates for Avid and FCP keyboard mappings
* On-screen console controls
* Voice Over tool for adding narration directly to timeline
* Multi-split screen Viewer for original shot comparison
* Shot Sync - sync two sources for playback comparison
* Customisable BITC timecode and film footage overlays in Viewer
* Real time Primary color correctors
* Real time Secondary color correctors
* Image control filters
* Subframe audio keyframing
* Real-time audio adjustments during playback
* OMF audio export with pan and volume levels
* Real-time, software-based audio normalization
* Onscreen multitrack mixing console
* External Mackie control surface support
* Real time fader automation
* Real-time audio filters and effects
* Mixed bit-rates and samples on timeline
* Audio level meters per track
* Pan controls
* Mute and solo controls
* Pre and Post Audio waveform display with realtime update
* Full-screen, real-time SD, HD, and 2K preview on single or secondary display
* Multiple timelines open simultaneously
* Unlimited undo levels
* Unlimited video and FX tracks
* User preferences that can be moved from system to system
* Customizable keyboard and user interface buttons
* Customizable real-time effects settings
* Customizable render settings
* Customizable layouts
* Customizable track layouts
* Full Unicode support
* Import RED media and DPX image sequences directly
* Include timecode and keycode in the same list
* Support for 35mm 3-perf, 35mm 4-perf, and 16mm-20 and mixed film formats
* View feet and frames in edit
* View keycode and ink number overlays on video
* 24-fps EDL import and export
* 24-fps EDL conversion to and from 29.97 fps
* Import ALE, FLX, and CSV files
* Track key numbers, ink numbers, video and audio timecode
* Output Cut list, Change list, Optical list, Pull list, Dupe list, Audio EDL
* Media management tools for moving, copying, and consolidating media at edit or project level
* Powerful search capabilities
* Rename Clips to match media and vice versa
* Maintain master clips across multiple projects
* Clip colors in edit (match by source, reel or timecode)
* Custom comment fields
* Automatic reconnect to high-resolution media
* EDL and AAF import and export for metadata exchange
* Instant Save – no need to save project
* Batch export
3rd Party Support
* Inscriber Titlemotion
* After Effects
* Premiere Plugins
* Digital Fusion
* MXF Op1a, MXF OpAtom, Quicktime and AVI
* DV25, DVCPRO 25, DVCPRO 50, and DVCPRO HD
* MPEG-2 I-Frame SD and HD
* Uncompressed SD and HD at 8 bit and 10 bit
* Avid DNxHD*
* Apple ProRes*
* RED R3D*
* DPX 10 bit* and 16 bit*
* Sony IMX
* Sony XDCAM HD*
* Sony XDCAM EX*
* Sony XDCAM HD422*
* Panasonic P2
* Image Import and Export as stills or sequences (DPX, BMP, TARGA, JPEG, GIF, PSD, TIFF, DPX, JPEG2000, PICT, QT Image, SGI, and PNG)
* Export presets for Apple TV, iPhone, iPod
* Broadcast Wave Format with drop and non-drop frame timecode options
* Import and Export OMF I and OMF II
* Import and Export AAF
* MDA support for Edit While Capture with Geevs servers
* Telecine 29.97i to 24p pulldown removal
* 30fps and 25fps import to 24fps project
* Frame-accurate capture tool with support for batch, clip, and on-the-fly capturing
* Frame-accurate insert and assemble edit-to-tape
* Serial device control (RS-422, RS-232)
* FireWire device control
* available separately at extra cost
Acronyms / Also Known As
Lightworks Pro, Editshare Lightworks,Lwks
Notify me when software updated or report software
Email me when it has been updated
Report this software (dead link/new version)
La versión free requiere registrarse cada 7 dias, no permite renderizar lo editado en el timeline y la exportación sólo puede hacerse a una resolución máxima de 720p. Como opción freemium es por lejos una de las peores.
Review by Paulus
Oct 11, 2018 Version: 14.0
OS: Windows 10 64-bit Ease of use: 1/10
Value for money: 1/10
I installed LightWorks 11.5.1 in Linux Mint 16 x64. It runs great and is a very feature rich NLE. Using the free version, you can only export to YouTube ready 720p h.264/aac mp4. Very good editor overall for free and works great in Linux....
Review by racer-x
Apr 6, 2014 Version: 11.5.1
OS: Linux Ease of use: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10
|1 tool hits, Showing
= New tool since your last visit
= New version since your last visit
= New review since your last visit
= New version
Type and download
NO MORE UPDATES?
= The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years.
NO LONGER DEVELOPED
= The software hasn't been updated in over 5 years.
= The software has been updated the last 31 days.
= Download Free software.
= Download Free software but some parts are trial/shareware.
= Download Free software and also open source code.
= Download Free software and also open source code but some parts are trial/shareware.
= Download Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation.
= Free Download software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation.
= Also called shareware or demo. Free Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions.
= No demo or trial available.
= A portable/standalone version is available. No installation is required.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a Beta, RC(Release Candidate) or an Alpha / Nightly / Unstable version of the software.
= A direct link to the software download.
= Windows download version. It works on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.
= Windows 64-bit download version. It works only on 64-bit Windows.
= Mac download version. It works on 32-bit and 64-bit Mac OS.
= Mac OS download version. It works only on 64-bit Mac OS.
= Linux download version.
= Portable version. No installation is required.
= The software is bundled with advertising. Be careful when you install the software and disable addons that you don't want!
Visit developers site = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64-bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = Portable/Standalone version meaning that no installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
Portable version available = Download the portable version and you can just extract the files and run the program without installation.
Old versions available = Download old versions of the program.
Version history available = Complete changelog on our site.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com
Rating from 0-10.