MusicBee is a simple, Powerful and Fast audio player. If you are looking for an application geared toward managing extensive music collections, easy to use and with a comprehensive feature set - MusicBee is that application. MusicBee makes it easy to organize, find and play music files on your computer, on portable devices and on the web.
- various bug fixes and some UI improvements
- google album artwork search updated to handle changes made by google
- fixes a bug with MTP device synchronisation for the "playlists with own folder" setting
- fix for importing podcasts that cant be matched to an existing subscription
- tag editor panel stays locked when saving using the "Edit: Save" hotkey
- snap feature for windows 10 was leaving a 7px gap with the edge of the screen
- podcast naming template for device synchronisation now supported
- exit from MusicBee was triggering dsp_iZOzoneFree to crash
- auto-dj error message when de-selecting a library source
- when the artwork storage preference is set to a file naming template, a number of auto-tag functions that download artwork were not setting the picture filename
- invalid filename char mapping now supports null replacement (as opposed to replacing with a space)
- when the left sidebar is configured to auto-hide, the popup panel now includes a pin icon so it can be permanently displayed.
- changing fields/ order or sorting in the Tools/ Tagging "other files to edit..." panel was also changing the fields in the Track Details view for the main panel
- configurations for each of the filters in the Tools/ Tagging "other files to edit..." panel is now preserved on restart
- album covers panel with tracks displayed at the bottom of the panel: incorrect prompt when deleting files from a playlist and not maintaining the panel state when refreshed
- artwork not always refreshed in the Album Covers & Album and Tracks view when updated externally to MB and rescanned in MB
- improved "Album Color Mix" view for the Now Playing panel
- Album Picture Only view in the compact player has been improved when displayed in a wide layout, plus a couple of layout bugs fixed
- Album Covers expanded panel now sorts tracks by title if no disc/track number is tagged
- force restart with certain menu/ tab configuration setting combinations with unskinned window borders
- enhanced Music Explorer so you can now browse and filter by artist/ genre/ year etc, and enhance text search within the new panel
- "resume playback" setting in the Player preferences now restarts a radio stream
- tweaks to the transparency of the right sidebar when overlayed on the feature picture in the Now Playing panel
- double click to start playback from windows explorer not always working when "resume position" is enabled
- auto-shutdown at the end of the track fixed
- playlist manager - now supports all the right click commands that were missing eg. play now, send to, etc
- double click on the playing track text for the main player and sidebar player should now work correctly
- fix window resizing issue for windows 10 and auto-hidden task bar
- fix layout bug for the main player panel with certain skin and font size combinations
- and various other minor bugs
all changes since v3.0 Update 1:
- main panel now keeps focus when closing the tag editor (docked in the main panel) and clicking the save button
- fix freeze on startup with a specific combination of artwork panel set to "Selected Tracks" and the artwork storage type
- some visual improvements for drag/drop operations eg. scroll bar shouldnt flicker when dropping a file and artwork repaint should flicker less
- manual file scanner was failing with certain directory structures
- auto-playlists now refresh when editing tag values that affect the auto-playlist
- double click on the thumb browser when artists displayed in the main panel was not working
- windows screen border snap was not aligning correctly for the mini-player on windows 10
- the computer node in the left navigator was locking on start up with certain settings
- the Now Playing Bar has been updated to be more similar to v2.5 and also the missing right click context menu for the album cover is implemented
- for the Album Covers layout, the expanded panel now uses blended colours from the album cover
- global search should now perform faster in many cases
- mouse wheel anywhere on the player controls panel now adjusts the volume (as was the case with v2.5)
- create a new playlist now resorts the playlists in the navigator panel
- cd ripper: improved "encode selected" and volume analysis handling for failed or rips with errors
- expanded panel layout handling for multi-disc or sub-header grouping is improved so each disc/group starts on a new line
- playlist file linkages displayed in the "Playlists" field in the main panel now load in the background so not locking the GUI for large playlists
- right click/ Search/ Locate in Playlist now loads in the background so not locking the GUI for large playlists
- gradient blending for the expanded panel has been tweaked and improved to reduce banding effect for some album covers
- the selected tracks in the "Files to Edit" filter panel were not always used for various menu commands and a "No selected tracks" message was displayed
- the 'Track difference more than 10 seconds' option was missing from the Duplicates Manager
- further tweaks to the Now Playing Bar - now the panel is filled with a blend from the album cover
- added support for showing a small album cover in the main player controls panel. Right click/ Panel Layout/ Show Album Cover
- when the Playing Tracks panel has focus, MB no longer forces the panel to scroll the current track to the top
- text search for individual tracks when using the Album Covers or Artists view is now supported and enabled from the search menu dropdown
- Collapsed Albums grouping now shows duration and size of the album when an album is collapsed
- addressed temporary freezes when selecting items in a filter panel (thumb browser, column browser, library explorer) and the main panel is showing artists that require an image to be downloaded
- the filter panel in the "Music Explorer" panel now only shows values from files in your library and also respects any library filter active in the tab
- faster loading of file/ playlist linkages eg. when you show the "Playlist" field in the main panel, use Search/ Locate in Playlist etc
NEW SOFTWARE= New tool since your last visit
NEW VERSION= New version since your last visit
NEW COMMENT= New comment since your last visit
Type and download NO MORE UPDATES? = The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years. NO LONGER DEVELOPED = The software hasn't been updated in over 3 years.
RECENTLY UPDATED = The software has been updated the last 31 days. Freeware = Free software. Free software = Free software and also open source code. Freeware/Ads = Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Free software/Ads = Free software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Trialware = Also called shareware or demo. Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions. Payware = No demo or trial available. Portable version = A portable/standalone version is available. No installation is required.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a BETA, RC(Release Candidate) and even a ALPHA version of the software.
Download (direct link) = A direct link to the software download.
Download (developer's site) = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64-bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = Portable/Standalone version meaning that no installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com.