NEW VERSION 3.0.6067
|MusicBee is a simple, Powerful and Fast audio player. If you are looking for an application geared toward managing extensive music collections, easy to use and with a comprehensive feature set - MusicBee is that application. MusicBee makes it easy to organize, find and play music files on your computer, on portable devices and on the web.
3.0.6067 (August 13, 2016)
Visit developer's site
Download MusicBee 3.0.6067 (direct link)
Download MusicBee 3.0.6067 portable (direct link)
Download MusicBee old versions
Click to enlarge screenshot
View full changelog
- various bug fixes and some UI improvements
- google album artwork search updated to handle changes made by google
- fixes a bug with MTP device synchronisation for the "playlists with own folder" setting
- fix for importing podcasts that cant be matched to an existing subscription
- tag editor panel stays locked when saving using the "Edit: Save" hotkey
- snap feature for windows 10 was leaving a 7px gap with the edge of the screen
- podcast naming template for device synchronisation now supported
- exit from MusicBee was triggering dsp_iZOzoneFree to crash
- auto-dj error message when de-selecting a library source
- when the artwork storage preference is set to a file naming template, a number of auto-tag functions that download artwork were not setting the picture filename
- invalid filename char mapping now supports null replacement (as opposed to replacing with a space)
- when the left sidebar is configured to auto-hide, the popup panel now includes a pin icon so it can be permanently displayed.
- changing fields/ order or sorting in the Tools/ Tagging "other files to edit..." panel was also changing the fields in the Track Details view for the main panel
- configurations for each of the filters in the Tools/ Tagging "other files to edit..." panel is now preserved on restart
- album covers panel with tracks displayed at the bottom of the panel: incorrect prompt when deleting files from a playlist and not maintaining the panel state when refreshed
- artwork not always refreshed in the Album Covers & Album and Tracks view when updated externally to MB and rescanned in MB
- improved "Album Color Mix" view for the Now Playing panel
- Album Picture Only view in the compact player has been improved when displayed in a wide layout, plus a couple of layout bugs fixed
- Album Covers expanded panel now sorts tracks by title if no disc/track number is tagged
- force restart with certain menu/ tab configuration setting combinations with unskinned window borders
- enhanced Music Explorer so you can now browse and filter by artist/ genre/ year etc, and enhance text search within the new panel
- "resume playback" setting in the Player preferences now restarts a radio stream
- tweaks to the transparency of the right sidebar when overlayed on the feature picture in the Now Playing panel
- double click to start playback from windows explorer not always working when "resume position" is enabled
- auto-shutdown at the end of the track fixed
- playlist manager - now supports all the right click commands that were missing eg. play now, send to, etc
- double click on the playing track text for the main player and sidebar player should now work correctly
- fix window resizing issue for windows 10 and auto-hidden task bar
- fix layout bug for the main player panel with certain skin and font size combinations
- and various other minor bugs
all changes since v3.0 Update 1:
- main panel now keeps focus when closing the tag editor (docked in the main panel) and clicking the save button
- fix freeze on startup with a specific combination of artwork panel set to "Selected Tracks" and the artwork storage type
- some visual improvements for drag/drop operations eg. scroll bar shouldnt flicker when dropping a file and artwork repaint should flicker less
- manual file scanner was failing with certain directory structures
- auto-playlists now refresh when editing tag values that affect the auto-playlist
- double click on the thumb browser when artists displayed in the main panel was not working
- windows screen border snap was not aligning correctly for the mini-player on windows 10
- the computer node in the left navigator was locking on start up with certain settings
- the Now Playing Bar has been updated to be more similar to v2.5 and also the missing right click context menu for the album cover is implemented
- for the Album Covers layout, the expanded panel now uses blended colours from the album cover
- global search should now perform faster in many cases
- mouse wheel anywhere on the player controls panel now adjusts the volume (as was the case with v2.5)
- create a new playlist now resorts the playlists in the navigator panel
- cd ripper: improved "encode selected" and volume analysis handling for failed or rips with errors
- expanded panel layout handling for multi-disc or sub-header grouping is improved so each disc/group starts on a new line
- playlist file linkages displayed in the "Playlists" field in the main panel now load in the background so not locking the GUI for large playlists
- right click/ Search/ Locate in Playlist now loads in the background so not locking the GUI for large playlists
- gradient blending for the expanded panel has been tweaked and improved to reduce banding effect for some album covers
- the selected tracks in the "Files to Edit" filter panel were not always used for various menu commands and a "No selected tracks" message was displayed
- the 'Track difference more than 10 seconds' option was missing from the Duplicates Manager
- further tweaks to the Now Playing Bar - now the panel is filled with a blend from the album cover
- added support for showing a small album cover in the main player controls panel. Right click/ Panel Layout/ Show Album Cover
- when the Playing Tracks panel has focus, MB no longer forces the panel to scroll the current track to the top
- text search for individual tracks when using the Album Covers or Artists view is now supported and enabled from the search menu dropdown
- Collapsed Albums grouping now shows duration and size of the album when an album is collapsed
- addressed temporary freezes when selecting items in a filter panel (thumb browser, column browser, library explorer) and the main panel is showing artists that require an image to be downloaded
- the filter panel in the "Music Explorer" panel now only shows values from files in your library and also respects any library filter active in the tab
- faster loading of file/ playlist linkages eg. when you show the "Playlist" field in the main panel, use Search/ Locate in Playlist etc
IMHO, just the most beautifully designed and complete audio player/manager in the whole world. As simple as that :)
|Posted July 22, 2016 by Ramon0.
|| Tool version 3.0.6015
using OS Windows 10 64-bit
| Ease of use 10
||Value for money 10
||Overall score 10
Just one word : PERFECT (honestly)
|Posted November 10, 2014 by OkeN.
|| Tool version 2.4.5404
using OS Windows 7 64-bit
| Ease of use 10
||Value for money 10
||Overall score 10
|1 tool hits, Showing
= New tool since your last visit
= New version since your last visit
= New comment since your last visit
Type and download
NO MORE UPDATES?
= The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years.
NO LONGER DEVELOPED
= The software hasn't been updated in over 3 years.
= The software has been updated the last 31 days.
= Free software.
= Free software and also open source code.
= Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation.
= Free software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation.
= Also called shareware or demo. Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions.
= No demo or trial available.
= A portable/standalone version is available. No installation is required.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a BETA, RC(Release Candidate) and even a ALPHA version of the software.
Download (direct link) = A direct link to the software download.
Download (developer's site) = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64-bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = Portable/Standalone version meaning that no installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com
Rating from 0-10.
Browse software by sections