Version 2.2 (July 21, 2012)
By request the x86 version now works on Windows 95 OSR2 and Windows NT 4.
Version 2.1 (December 22, 2011)
Fixed an uninstall problem specific to 64-bit Windows.
Added experimental support for tag WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE.
Version 2.0 (December 21, 2011)
Added decoding support for low sampling rates (BSID9 and BSID10).
Fixed some install problems specific to Windows 98.
Version 1.9 (July 16, 2011)
Fixed a decoding bug in AMD64 build when source is stereo.
Combined 32-bit and 64-bit assembly code into one module.
Version 1.8 (July 9, 2011)
Fixed corrupt MMX decoding when source is 5 channels.
Fixed silent audio on AMD64.
Version 1.7 (July 2, 2011)
Updated .inf and .bat files provided by ale5000. If you are using one of the batch files to install the codec on Windows Vista or higher, you must right click the .bat file and select "Run as Administrator".
Version 1.6 (March 19, 2011)
* Major rework of Visual Studio workspaces, but no significant code changes.
* Moved registry storage location to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwarefccHandlerAC3ACM
* New .inf and .bat files are provided courtesy of ale5000.
Version 1.5 (January 17, 2010)
* I've ported the code to Visual Studio 2005 and added a new (untested) 64-bit build. Installation instructions are in ReadMe.txt.
* I've switched to using 7-Zip to archive the source code package.
Version 1.4 (September 22, 2007)
* Fixed an A/V sync problem when encoding 44100 Hz AC-3.
* If you insert AC3ACM into a DirectShow filter graph as an AC-3 encoder, it chooses a default bitrate based on the number of source channels. The default is (96 * nChannels) kBit/s. I've added an option in the driver configuration dialog which allows you to change the default to (64 * nChannels).
Version 1.31 (May 13, 2006)
* Fixed an MMX bug in the decoding of 3/2 channel AC-3.
Version 1.3 (May 11, 2006)
* Added support for WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE PCM input for encoding.
* Default channel order for PCM input and output has been changed to FL,FR,FC,LF,BL,BR in accordance with Microsoft's recommendation.
* Added an option to disable MMX in the driver configuration dialog.
Version 1.21 (April 17, 2006)
* Added the fix from FFmpeg for a low volume issue in ac3enc.
Version 1.2 (October 22, 2005)
* Added sensible strings to the ACM encoder configuration dialog.
Version 1.1 (September 27, 2005)
* It turns out that AC-3 decoding was slightly broken in the previous version 1.0. This version 1.1 should be much more stable.
Version 1.0 (September 22, 2005)
* I've finally added AC-3 encoding support by adapting the "ac3enc" code from the latest ffmpeg. There is a LOT of room for improvement in the future, so don't expect too much at this stage. (Right now I'm just happy when it doesn't crash...)
Version 0.9 added the humble beginnings of a configuration dialog
Version 0.81 fixed a failure to recognize AC-3 in some AVIs
Version 0.8 stereo downmix of surround channels was b0rked
version 0.7 fixed install goof in Win98 (nothing serious)
version 0.6 fixed a bug where FL/FR channels were swapped
version 0.5 channel order is now FL,FC,FR,BL,BR,LF
version 0.4 updated liba52 code from latest CVS
version 0.3 fixed uninstall problem in WinXP
version 0.2 fixed most of the bugs in 0.1
version 0.1 buggy first release