What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
5 user region code comments
|November 09, 2019||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by Rodjo, August 05 2018:|
Originally Posted by theintrepidfox In AVForums. For the Samsung UBD M9500
You will need a remote control that has numeral buttons on it. Or use a smartphone APP
ps the Samsung remotes I used were AA59-00465A
This worked for me first try! ( it is slightly different to method used for UBD-K9500 model)
1. Ensure that there is no disc in the tray.
2. Switch the player off and then back on. This is necessary to reboot the
3. Wait until the main menu page appears and the player stops doing
4. Press the eject button to open the tray
5. Press the eject button to close the tray.
6. Wait while the player searches for a disc.
7. As soon as the "Insert Disc" message appears on the lcd display, do the following:
8. Press the RETURN button.
9. Enter 768849 on the number pad.
10. A code "4" should appear at the top right corner of the screen in a white box
12. Press the power button to turn unit off, wait 10sec and turn it on again.
13. Insert a DVD with different region to your own to ensure it worked.
STEP (9). Depending what region you live in substitute the numbers for the ones for your region ( the ones shown are for
region 4 - Australia etc.... (9) has been added to the end for the region free code
For people from other parts of the world, all region codes are as follows
1 – 2 9 3 3 4 (US)
2 – 5 7 5 3 8 (Europe)
3 – 5 6 7 3 2 (South East Asia)
4 – 7 6 8 8 4 (South America - AUSTRALIA)
5 – 5 3 8 1 4 (India, Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Africa) 6 – 2 4 4 6 2 (China)
9 - Region Free
Here is a list of DVD Regions and their corresponding countries:
R1 – Region 1: U.S.A., U.S. Territories and Canada
R2 – Region 2: Europe, Japan, the Middle East, Egypt, South Africa, Greenland
R3 – Region 3: Taiwan, Korea, the Philippines, Indonesia, Hong Kong
R4 – Region 4: Mexico, South and Central America, Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Caribbean R5 – Region 5:
Russia, Eastern Europe, India, Africa (excluding South Africa), North Korea, Mongolia R6 – Region 6: China
|Region code hack posted by Josh, December 29 2018:|
These steps doesn't work for me. I never see the "no disk" option during the hacking process
though I followed all steps correctly.
|Region code posted by William, January 12 2019:|
I have a Samsung UBD-M8500 Ultra Blu-Ray Player. There doesn't seem to be a specific hack to
make this region free. Been trying for days searching for something. Can anyone help? Would
also be good to be able to use the remote that came with it. I tried some smartphone apps, 5 of
them to be specific and none seemed to have worked to be able to input the code
|Region code posted by Filip020169, February 17 2019:|
...Whàt 'diplay'? There IS no (LCD- or other) display on the Samsung UBD m8500...
|Region code hack posted by Lee, November 09 2019:|
It works. Samsung HD 860 Previous comment says there’s no LCD display, can’t key in numbers. Actually can key in
numbers with (123) button
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.