Zoom Player is the most Powerful, Flexible and Customizable DVD and Media Player for the Windows PC platform. Using our powerful Smart Play technology, more image, audio and video media formats play with less hassle, increased stability and better performance. The proffesional/MAX versions costs from $40, see feature comparison.
Version:12.7 Free / 13 Beta 1
Released:Jan 10, 2017
12.7 Free / 13 Beta 1 (January 10, 2017)
Visit developer's site
Download Zoom Player 12.7 Free [27.4MB] [Win]
Download Zoom Player 13 Beta 1 [28.0MB] [Win]
Download Zoom Player old versions
--- What's new in Zoom Player v13:
View full changelog
* New media library plug-in system allowing 3rd party developers to create media library categories based on content information provided by the plugin.
* To demonstrate the capabilities of the new media library plug-in system, an open-source project has been created to implement a 'YouTube channel' media library category plugin. After specifying a YouTube channel's URL, the plugin automatically downloads the channel's category image, retrieves the channel's name and sets up the default category settings and layout best suited to display a YouTube channel.
The new plug-in is accessible on the Media Library category editor (Shift+"M") as an entry on a new drop-down list next to the "Create Category" button.
The code for the 'YouTube channel' media library category plug-in can be found on GitHub: https://github.com/bLightZP/Delphi-YouTube-Channel-parsing-plugin-for-Zoom-Player
* New subtitle download plug-in system allowing 3rd party developers to create plug-ins that download subtitles for your media library collection.
* To demonstrate the capabilities of the new subtitle download plug-in system, an open-source project has been created to implement an 'OpenSubtitles.org' subtitle download plug-in. The new plug-in is accessible on the newly re-designed Advanced Options dialog's "Subtitle" page (Playback / Video / Subtitles).
Note: OpenSubtitles.org limits anonymous downloads by IP, use the configuration dialog to specify a user name and password to bypass any anonymous login limits (registration is free and passwords are saved as MD5 hashes not as clear text).
The code for the 'OpenSubtitles.org' subtitle download plug-in can be found on GitHub: https://github.com/bLightZP/Delphi-OpenSubtitles.org-API-support-for-Zoom-Player
* New YouTube IFRAME (web based) player support, providing official YouTube playback. All YouTube URLs automatically use the new IFRAME player interface. You can disable the IFRAME player support in the options to force Zoom Player to use DirectShow for playback (Adv. Options / Playback > Use YouTube IFRAME video player to play YouTube content).
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Customization) that switches the media library's thumbnail view category list aspect ratio between Album Art (1:1) or Widescreen (16:9).
* New smart play profile for media files encoded with the DNxHD codec.
* New "Please Wait" window that pops when there are operations that are taking a long time (like fetching a YouTube channel's video list).
* The play history now saves media titles, making play history clearer, especially with network streams and media library plugins.
+ Pressing the "Open Media Library" button on the media library category editor now opens the media library with the current edited category selected.
+ The play history dialog will now display the recently played items first in the list.
+ The play history dialog should now open significantly faster (nearly instantly), especially with a play history database of over 10,000 entries.
+ The time display on thumbnails used to show videos with a duration of under 10 minutes as "09:30", this have now changed to show "9:30", saving a bit more of the thumbnail area.
+ When opening the media library, the last played position for the currently playing media is now updated straight away (previously it would update when the playing media was closed).
+ The Open URL function now tries to identify a URL in the windows clipboard. If a valid URL is detected, it automatically filled into the open url dialog, otherwise the last opened URL is shown by default.
- Fixed a very rare case where opening a media file could trigger a freeze if the background thread that grabs the media's duration was active.
- Play history should now restore position for URL streams.
- Fixed an issue where playing a SHOUTcast/ICEcast streaming station and then restarting Zoom Player would not allow you to resume playing the previous station from the playlist.
- The media library's category list would use the wrong aspect ratio thumbnail in some cases where the active category was password protected.
- Fixed an issue where the media library's path would not show any text at all.
- Accessing the media library's category screen could at times trigger an unnecessary reload of the category's content.
- Open the equalizer without ever opening the playlist editor could trigger a weird state where the equalizer always initially show up docked under the main window.
- Using the backspace key after using the media library's movie jukebox mode's file view now returns to jukebox movie view instead of thumbnail view.
- Adding media entries to the playlist using the media library's function menu did not add the media's title (only the file name/URL).
- The playlist editor's "Add streaming URL" button did not use the newer open URL dialog.
- Opening the fullscreen chapter/bookmark navigation interface did not pause playback when the setting to do so was enabled.
- Ejecting a drive/device while playing a stream would cause the stream playback to stop.
- When the media library is opened and the previously opened folder no longer exists, the media library will try to go up the folder tree to the first parent folder that exists.
- Fixed an issue when OSD messages would not appear if the "Use Exclusive Fullscreen with VMR9 Renderless mode (use with care)" setting was enabled in some cases.
This same bug caused screen-refresh issues with some of the fullscreen navigation pages under some conditions.
Home Theater PC made Simple
Zoom Player's fullscreen navigation interface is based on a simple 5-Key system (up/down/left/right/select). The 5-key system allows easy access and navigation to such interfaces as Media Library, File Browsing, Playlist, Color Control, Audio Equalizer, Chaptering, Play History and many more. The system's simplicity makes it ideal for users with no previous computer experience.
With Zoom Player, you can instantly Convert any PC into a Home Entertainment Center or Home Theater PC (HTPC) with no requirement for specialized hardware or operating system (Zoom Player runs on every version of Windows).
Utilizing Zoom Player's modular design and flexibility, you can easily design a safe viewing environment, limiting or extending functionality, making it ideal for both children and to the consummate professional.
Zoom Player's Install Center will scan your system for missing or outdated components and automatically present you with a list of recommended updates and patches. Using Zoom Player's Install Center technology, you can be sure your system is up to date with the most recent technological innovations without compromising security (all updates are digitally signed) while gaining access to a centralized location, removing the burden of manually searching for the latest updates yourself.
Technology meets Sophistication
Zoom Player installs easily, learning your computer's hardware and software setup. Using the innovative Smart Play technology, Zoom Player employs the ideal "play profile" for every session. This profile comprises the most suitable Audio and Video decoders matched with compatible components - a combination that guarantees a perfect viewing experience, time after time.
A tool for every need
Zoom Player addresses every aspect of DVD and Media control. Zoom Player plays media in every conceivable color composition, display type, playback speed and more. With Zoom Player you can create and manage personalized Media Libraries, virtual Chaptering and Bookmarks, cut and edit scenes with the Scene Cut Editor. Zoom Player employs customizable display characteristics and user defined presets, allows to Remote-Control all menu, navigation and playback functions via wireless (RF) or Infra-Red (IR) Remote Control units, and comes ready with a set of TCP/IP Commands to allow control of Zoom Player via the internet (or any TCP/IP based connection).
Customize, Modify, Reshape as you like
Use Zoom Player's flexible customization options to match your taste. Modify the Graphical User Interface, menus and splash screens. Change operation modes, control options, codec compatibility and many other features. Don't compromise. Make the system meet your EXACT needs.
Shape your desired viewing environment with ease using Zoom Player's modular design and flexibility. Extend or limit functionality as you wish. Personalize the interface, functions and viewing parameters to suit any type of use, any viewer - from a simple, safely monitored, children-friendly viewing tool to a sophisticated, no-limits powerhouse for professionals.
Flavors for All
Zoom Player comes in three flavors: Zoom Player Professional, Zoom Player Premium, and Zoom Player MAX Professional.
Acronyms / Also Known As
Notify me when software updated or report software
Email me when it has been updated
Report this tool (dead link/new version)
what a media player,in one word just fantastic because it can play any media files quickly and it has the best audio equalizer than any other media players and by doing custom settings you can also see the total full time of all media files just by adding them immediately at the playlist and what a sharp sound it gives by doing minimum low adjustments at the audio equalizer,it has also video equalizer but only thing it requires codecs installed in your PC to play all media files like K-Lite Mega Codec Pack
Feb 8, 2011 Version: 7.10.5
OS: WinXP Ease: 10/10
Honestly may be the most "powerful, flexible and customizable" DVD and media player in existence. Tons of options and customizations. Highest-quality media playback. Beautiful interface. Only the high purchase price holds this fine piece of software back. Highly recommended.
Sep 30, 2009 Version: 7.00 RC1
OS: Vista Ease: 9/10
This is a great video player. I used to use VLC media player, but I stumbled on this program about a year ago and fell in love with it. Simple to use, lots of features, doesn't seem to use a lot of system resources. The selling point for me was being able to adjust the aspect ratio/video size in full screen mode which you can't do with vlc.
Dec 13, 2007 Version: 5
OS: WinXP Ease: 9/10
At first, this looked like the player I was looking for: lots of formats and features (everything that I was looking for and some). But, it's expensive (to unlock the features I want) and it can't smoothly handle skipping around in the video (ff, rewind, skip fwd, etc) without a lot of video problems while it resynchronizes and tries to repaint the stream unless you're playing at 1:1 (why bother). I have a very fast system, including fast video (~6000 on 3dMark06). It's even worse if you have a cut file to make is skip over commercials (videos recorded off the air/cable, then processed through show analyzer).
I should note that if it wasn't for the video problems, I probably would have registered it -- even at (IMO) it's high cost.
Feb 25, 2007 Version: 5.00
OS: WinXP Ease: 5/10
I just wanted a player that had an adjustable stay-on-top skin window size. This did it for me.
Sep 9, 2004 Version: 4.03
OS: WinXP Ease: 8/10
|1 tool hits, Showing
= New tool since your last visit
= New version since your last visit
= New comment since your last visit
= New version
Type and download
NO MORE UPDATES?
= The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years.
NO LONGER DEVELOPED
= The software hasn't been updated in over 5 years.
= The software has been updated the last 31 days.
= Free software.
= Free software and also open source code.
= Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation.
= Free software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation.
= Also called shareware or demo. Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions.
= No demo or trial available.
= A portable/standalone version is available. No installation is required.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a Beta, RC(Release Candidate) or an Alpha / Nightly / Unstable version of the software.
= A direct link to the software download.
= Windows download version. It works on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.
= Windows 64-bit download version. It works only on 64-bit Windows.
= Mac download version. It works on 32-bit and 64-bit Mac OS.
= Mac OS download version. It works only on 64-bit Mac OS.
= Linux download version.
= Portable version. No installation is required.
= The software is bundled with advertising. Be careful when you install the software and disable addons that you don't want!
Visit developers site = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64-bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = Portable/Standalone version meaning that no installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
Portable version available = Download the portable version and you can just extract the files and run the program without installation.
Old versions available = Download old versions of the program.
Version history available = Complete changelog on our site.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com
Rating from 0-10.