Zoom Player is the most Powerful, Flexible and Customizable DVD and Media Player for the Windows PC platform. Using our powerful Smart Play technology, more image, audio and video media formats play with less hassle, increased stability and better performance. The proffesional/MAX versions costs from $40, see feature comparison.
12.7 Free / 12.7 MAX (November 30, 2016)
Visit developer's site
Download Zoom Player 12.7 Free [Direct link 27.4MB] [Win]
Download Zoom Player 12.7 MAX [Direct link ~27.4MB] [Win]
What's new in Zoom Player v12.7:
View full changelog
* New Zoom Player settings Export/Import feature that saves all of Zoom Player's settings, profiles and configuration files to a single ZIP archive and can later on restore Zoom Player's settings from within Zoom Player itself (making it compatible with the Windows Store version of Zoom Player). Both settings are accessible through Zoom Player's advanced options dialog by pressing the "Help / Export" button.
The following settings are supported by the export feature: 1. Activation Key file. 2. Options dialog settings. 3. Smart Play profiles. 5. Skin color tinting profiles. 6. Equalizer presets. 7. Media library categories. 8. Play history cache. 9. Playback scheduler schedule. 10. Streaming station manager entries. 11. Custom right-click context menu script file. 12. Custom Media/DVD background images. 13. Custom Media/DVD keyboard mapping files.
* The smart play source filter configuration dialog now allows you to specify a partial URL instead (or in combination) with file extensions, allowing you to setup custom filters based on the site's URL. This allows using such filters as the "3DYD YouTube Source" to stream youtube content directly (https://ys.3dyd.com/).
* Two new category types have been introduced "TV Shows" and "Movies". Zoom Player tries to automatically assign previous categories to these new types based on the 'scrape content mode' previously assigned to the category.
* The media library filter icons that appear under the category list are now accessible using the keyboard by pressing the up or down arrow keys on the first/last category entry. Once activated, you can use the left/right arrow keys to switch between the filtering modes.
* The playlist editor and the playlist fullscreen navigation interface now show the current play position next to the actively playing track.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Customization) to switch the category layout between list and thumbnail view modes.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Thumb View) that controls how the thumbnail memory cache encodes the images. The default value is to store as JPEG images which uses the least amount of RAM. But for higher performance, especially on lower end CPUs, switching to RAW 24bit or 32bit will improve performance.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Settings) to control whether the Media Library's fullscreen navigation 'Media Scanner' is displayed.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Settings) to control whether the Media Library's fullscreen navigation 'Remove category folder(s)' is displayed.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Playlist) to prevent Zoom Player from trying to parse ".PLS" files and instead lets directshow choose a filter to parse the files. This improves SHOUTcast streaming reliability. If you use .PLS files as SHOUTcast stations outside the station manager, you will need to enable this setting.
* New "/MediaFilter:[Number]" command line parameter to set the media library's filter mode.
Valid values are: 0 = ALL 1 = Movies 2 = TV Shows 3 = Videos 4 = Audio 5 = Pictures 6 = Executables
* The media library's filter mode is now saved/restored when re-opening Zoom Player.
* With the "Continue to the next Playlist item when an invalid file is played (otherwise show error)" setting enabled, you can now press the Stop button to stop from continuing to the next Playlist item.
* The station manager has been enhanced with an integrated search box.
* New "fnPlayingToClipboard" function that copies the currently playing media file/URL to the clipboard.
+ Zoom Player should start between 10%-300% faster, especially if there are many items in the play history.
+ Optimized the default fullscreen navigation skin to require less resize operations improving load/open time and taking up to 20% less RAM.
+ Optimized the file name hashing algorithm which should improve performance in several areas.
+ When fullscreen navigation 'Safe Mode' is enabled, the media library's 'Media Scanner' and 'Remove category folder(s)' are no longer displayed.
+ Disabling the "Show media content specific to the media library's category type" setting now shows all media files in a category (previously it would show the content based on the category filter).
+ The selected entry on the station manager is now restored when re-opening the interface.
+ The station manager now lets you specify a "SHOUTcast" station type. Any station set as SHOUTcast are now opened as SHOUTcast streams even if the "Assume audio streaming (SHOUTcast, ICEcast) if no file ext. is specified in the URL (link)" setting is disabled.
+ SHOUTcast stations added from station browser or the fullscreen navigation station list are now automatically marked as SHOUTcast.
+ The Station Browser dialog entries no longer resets each time the dialog is closed and reopened.
+ The Add station dialog (station manager) remembers the last station mode (TV/Radio/SHOUTcast) used.
+ The default media library folder scraping blacklist has been cleaned up.
+ The "Assume audio streaming (SHOUTcast, ICEcast) if no file ext. is specified in the URL (link)" advanced options setting is now disabled by default and reset to default on initial run. This setting may be removed entirely in future versions as it conflicts with streaming video and is no longer necessary when playing shoutcast streams through the station manager or fullscreen navigation interface.
+ The playing track on the fullscreen playlist navigation interface has changed from green to blue.
- Removing every entry from the "Scrapers folder name blacklist" or "Scrapers file name blacklist" would crash and freeze Zoom Player.
- Resizing the media library window could trigger a crash or show an improperly-sized thumbnail.
- Fixed several memory leaks.
Home Theater PC made Simple
Zoom Player's fullscreen navigation interface is based on a simple 5-Key system (up/down/left/right/select). The 5-key system allows easy access and navigation to such interfaces as Media Library, File Browsing, Playlist, Color Control, Audio Equalizer, Chaptering, Play History and many more. The system's simplicity makes it ideal for users with no previous computer experience.
With Zoom Player, you can instantly Convert any PC into a Home Entertainment Center or Home Theater PC (HTPC) with no requirement for specialized hardware or operating system (Zoom Player runs on every version of Windows).
Utilizing Zoom Player's modular design and flexibility, you can easily design a safe viewing environment, limiting or extending functionality, making it ideal for both children and to the consummate professional.
Zoom Player's Install Center will scan your system for missing or outdated components and automatically present you with a list of recommended updates and patches. Using Zoom Player's Install Center technology, you can be sure your system is up to date with the most recent technological innovations without compromising security (all updates are digitally signed) while gaining access to a centralized location, removing the burden of manually searching for the latest updates yourself.
Technology meets Sophistication
Zoom Player installs easily, learning your computer's hardware and software setup. Using the innovative Smart Play technology, Zoom Player employs the ideal "play profile" for every session. This profile comprises the most suitable Audio and Video decoders matched with compatible components - a combination that guarantees a perfect viewing experience, time after time.
A tool for every need
Zoom Player addresses every aspect of DVD and Media control. Zoom Player plays media in every conceivable color composition, display type, playback speed and more. With Zoom Player you can create and manage personalized Media Libraries, virtual Chaptering and Bookmarks, cut and edit scenes with the Scene Cut Editor. Zoom Player employs customizable display characteristics and user defined presets, allows to Remote-Control all menu, navigation and playback functions via wireless (RF) or Infra-Red (IR) Remote Control units, and comes ready with a set of TCP/IP Commands to allow control of Zoom Player via the internet (or any TCP/IP based connection).
Customize, Modify, Reshape as you like
Use Zoom Player's flexible customization options to match your taste. Modify the Graphical User Interface, menus and splash screens. Change operation modes, control options, codec compatibility and many other features. Don't compromise. Make the system meet your EXACT needs.
Shape your desired viewing environment with ease using Zoom Player's modular design and flexibility. Extend or limit functionality as you wish. Personalize the interface, functions and viewing parameters to suit any type of use, any viewer - from a simple, safely monitored, children-friendly viewing tool to a sophisticated, no-limits powerhouse for professionals.
Flavors for All
Zoom Player comes in three flavors: Zoom Player Professional, Zoom Player Premium, and Zoom Player MAX Professional.
Acronyms / Also Known As
Notify me when software updated or report software
Email me when it has been updated
Report this tool (dead link/new version)
what a media player,in one word just fantastic because it can play any media files quickly and it has the best audio equalizer than any other media players and by doing custom settings you can also see the total full time of all media files just by adding them immediately at the playlist and what a sharp sound it gives by doing minimum low adjustments at the audio equalizer,it has also video equalizer but only thing it requires codecs installed in your PC to play all media files like K-Lite Mega Codec Pack
Feb 8, 2011 by parag19 Version: 7.10.5
OS: WinXP Ease: 10/10
Honestly may be the most "powerful, flexible and customizable" DVD and media player in existence. Tons of options and customizations. Highest-quality media playback. Beautiful interface. Only the high purchase price holds this fine piece of software back. Highly recommended.
Sep 30, 2009 by OAKside Version: 7.00 RC1
OS: Vista Ease: 9/10
This is a great video player. I used to use VLC media player, but I stumbled on this program about a year ago and fell in love with it. Simple to use, lots of features, doesn't seem to use a lot of system resources. The selling point for me was being able to adjust the aspect ratio/video size in full screen mode which you can't do with vlc.
Dec 13, 2007 by thejoker954 Version: 5
OS: WinXP Ease: 9/10
At first, this looked like the player I was looking for: lots of formats and features (everything that I was looking for and some). But, it's expensive (to unlock the features I want) and it can't smoothly handle skipping around in the video (ff, rewind, skip fwd, etc) without a lot of video problems while it resynchronizes and tries to repaint the stream unless you're playing at 1:1 (why bother). I have a very fast system, including fast video (~6000 on 3dMark06). It's even worse if you have a cut file to make is skip over commercials (videos recorded off the air/cable, then processed through show analyzer).
I should note that if it wasn't for the video problems, I probably would have registered it -- even at (IMO) it's high cost.
Feb 25, 2007 by davidk21770 Version: 5.00
OS: WinXP Ease: 5/10
I just wanted a player that had an adjustable stay-on-top skin window size. This did it for me.
Sep 9, 2004 by seanponsean Version: 4.03
OS: WinXP Ease: 8/10
|1 tool hits, Showing
= New tool since your last visit
= New version since your last visit
= New comment since your last visit
= New version
Type and download
NO MORE UPDATES?
= The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years.
NO LONGER DEVELOPED
= The software hasn't been updated in over 3 years.
= The software has been updated the last 31 days.
= Free software.
= Free software and also open source code.
= Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation.
= Free software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation.
= Also called shareware or demo. Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions.
= No demo or trial available.
= A portable/standalone version is available. No installation is required.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a BETA, RC(Release Candidate) and even a ALPHA version of the software.
Download [Direct link 15MB]
= A direct link to the software download.
= Windows download version. It works on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.
= Windows 64-bit download version. It works only on 64-bit Windows.
= Mac download version. It works on 32-bit and 64-bit Mac OS.
= Mac OS download version. It works only on 64-bit Mac OS.
= Linux download version.
= Portable version. No installation is required.
Visit developers site = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64-bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = Portable/Standalone version meaning that no installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com
Rating from 0-10.