Blu-Disc Studio is designed for an easy and quick authoring of Blu-ray discs with BD-J interactive menu. Using Blu-Disc Studio you can create complete discs for personal usage or export data for Rovi (Sonic Solutions) Scenarist® BD. Requires .NET framework 4.0. Russian support forum. Note! Manual registration to receive a free demo key. Blu-Disc Studio Lite is a free version that contains some restrictions regarding the original Blu-Disc Studio. See version comparison.
Version:3.5 / Lite 1.0.10
3.5 / Lite 1.0.10 (April 2, 2018)
Visit developer's siteDownload Blu-Disc Studio 3.5 [97.6MB] [Win]
Download Blu-Disc Studio Lite 1.0.10 [ca 97.6MB] [Win]
April 2, 2018 version 3.5 released:
View full changelog
* Added templates support: check menu File - "Export template" and "Import template".
* SWITCH and MultiAction are added to the First Play and Top Menu (use with care).
* Added "Merge projects..." feature - allows you to merge (import) a part of another project.
* Added an ability to create User Defined Functions (check the "Project properties" - "Advanced").
* Now you can disable the Top menu call for movies/playlists in the "Disabled actions" property (only for the "First Play" - "Play movie").
* Added copy/paste to the advanced animation edit window.
* Added support for forced subtitles.
* Added "Copy as static" and "Place at the bottom" to the "Copy to" window (objects copying).
* Added Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDown hotkeys - selects next/prev tree item.
* Added an ability to position text using baseline and middle coordinates (check the "Project properties" - "Menu").
* Now application uses relative pathnames.
* Simulation engine updated, debug log is structured and extended (check help for details).
* Options and Project properties redesigned.
* Action Matrix and Action list redesigned.+ Added help to the simulation window during "movie playback".
+ Relative pathnames.
+ Fixed SWITCH compile in the autoclose action.
+ Fixed cloning for the "Set property" and "Update current states".
+ Fixed stubs for the Play/Pause actions (used for the interactive titles if assign actions to the play/pause).
+ Fixed SWITCH and MultiAction conversion to the script for EverySecond and AutoClose actions.
+ Added "Detect chapter number by time in the Interactive title" to the Project properties -> Streams - allows to get the chapter number using media time instead of onMarkReached value.
+ Fixed problems with progress bar and application unload.
+ Fixed isPlayed method.
+ Debug log structured and extended.
+ Fixed script assigned to play/pause/ff/rwd/next/prev .
+ Now Activated state works with text and rectangle too.
+ Fixed anim-object compilation when used the same object more than in one page.
+ Added ability to use more than one movie in the wizard.
+ Added ability to use Intro without chapters.
+ Now the recent added bookmark becomes the current bookmark.
+ "Jump bookmark" fixed (didn't hide the main menu).
+ Bookmark time now rounds to one second.
+ index.bdmv removed from the copying of the files after "only JAR" compilation.
+ Fixed MoveToXY (Move to).
+ Added variables %cbm-movie name% and %timer-movie name% for "Set property" action - returns the current bookmark time and the current time for the specified movie.
+ Fixed current bookmark text in "Set property".
+ Now you can disable the Top menu call for movies/playlists in the "Disabled actions" property. It works only if the First play contains "Play movie" command only. And all "End action" commands should be the "Play movie" too.
+ Added CurrentBookmark, isLastBookmark and isFirstBookmark to the SWITCH custom conditions.
+ Added an ability to create User Defined Functions (Project properties -> Advanced).
+ Added "set clipping (rect)" to the "Set property" action.
+ The number of Enter animations/actions increased to 10.
+ Now all the first custom actions in SWITCH are always executed.
+ Fixed "set clipping" in the "Set property" action.
+ Added search and replace to the script edit window (Ctrl+F, Ctrl+H).
+ Added copy/paste to the advanced animation window.
+ Fixed getX/getY methods.
+ SWITCH and MultiAction added to the First Play and Top Menu (use with caution).
+ Added an ability to specify a movie for the Top Menu action.
+ Added "Reset movie resume" action to the SWITCH and MultiAction - resets the resume point for the specified movie.
+ Added "Restore data from storage" action to the SWITCH and MultiAction - restores the data from storage.
+ Added item type icon to the button in Jump menu/popup and Set object property.
+ Simulation engine updated - now EndAction should be called by the "End" key, added simulation for the actions assigned to Play/Pause/Next/Prev/FF/RWD (check help for details).
+ Added ability to switch off subtitles with the specified track number (support for the forced subtitles).
+ Added custom conditions to use with forced subtitles in the SWITCH.
+ Fixed detection of ac3/eac3.
+ Fixed the first playmark placement in the Scene window for playlists with InTime.
+ Fixed decoding of the beginning of the movie in the Scene window for playlists with InTime.
+ Added "Use baseline instead of top for text objects" and "Use middle instead of left for text objects" to the Project properties -> Menu.
+ Added showLog method to the Script.
+ Now you can specify a button after double clicking at Jump menu/popup action in the Action matrix.
+ Fixed scale animation for rectangle.
+ Now "Transparency effect" works in the scale animation.
+ Added "Merge projects..." to the File menu - allows merging (import) a part of the other project.
+ Now Jump menu/popup -> Enter action/animation shows only for assigned "Enter action/animation".
+ Added a hint to Advanced animation.
+ Added autosize for Action matrix cells (check Tools -> Options -> Interface).
+ Added "Paste and change" to the Action matrix. It tries to replace all other menus to the current menu during the paste.
+ Enhanced drag-n-drop for the videos/audios/subtitles from Library to the Project tree.
+ Updated SCN PSD import (fixed names and some command support added).
+ Added templates support: File -> "Export template" and "Import template".
+ Added "Copy as static" and "Place at the bottom" to the "Copy to" window (objects copying).
+ Fixed compilation for actions with "Execute before" flag.
+ Revised "Autoshow popup" flag compilation - now animation should be visible.
+ Added Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDown hotkeys - selects next/prev tree item.
+ Added "Default project folder" and "Default Template folder" to the Tools -> Options.
+ Tools -> Options redesigned.
+ Project properties redesigned.
+ Action matrix redesigned.
+ Action list redesigned.
* Create main and popup menus
* Make animated menus
* Customize transitions between movies (clips)
* Highlight current audio track, subtitles or episode
* Automatic scenes menu creation
* Seamless menu
* Build Blu-ray disc with internal muxer by DVDLogic Software
* Export to Rovi (Sonic Solutions) Scenarist® BD
Supported video, audio, subtitles and graphics file formats:
* Supported graphic formats: PNG images 32 bit (24 + 8), also allows to import graphics from Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
* Supported video formats: AVC (h264), VC-1, M2V (MPEG-2) with the resolution of 1920x1080, 1440x1080, 1280x720, 720x480 (576) and with frame rate of 23,976p, 24p, 25i, 29,97i
* Supported audio formats: AC3 (Dolby Digital), E-AC3 (Dolby Digital +), True-HD, DTS, DTS-HD
* Supported subtitle formats: SRT, BDN.xml + PNG, PES + MUI
To create a Blu-ray disc in Blu-disc Studio, you need:
* Prepare video and sound streams
* Prepare graphical assets
* Design Main Menus, Popup Menus with graphical assets
* Create transitions from one Menu to another
* Put video, audio streams and Menus together
* Compile project with built-in muxer or export to Scenarist® BD
Acronyms / Also Known As
Blu-Disc Studio, BluDisc Studio, Blu-Disc Studio MX, Blu-Disc Studio Lite
Notify me when software updated or report software
Email me when it has been updated
Report this software (dead link/new version)
New tutorial released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPjBdnSfCXc
This tutorial is for the latest beta versions.
The latest beta versions always available at:
* Blu-Disc Studio beta: https://blu-disc.net/get_beta.php?version=std
* Blu-Disc Studio MX beta: https://blu-disc.net/get_beta.php?version=mx
* Blu-Disc Studio MX Pro beta: https://blu-disc.net/get_beta.php?version=pro
Sep 11, 2018 Version: 184.108.40.2060
OS: Windows 7 64-bit Ease of use: 9/10
Value for money: 7/10
No comments. Rating it only.
Dec 29, 2017 Version: 3.1.6
OS: Windows 7 64-bit Ease of use: 10/10
Value for money: 10/10
I finally got the Blu Disc Studio Lite to work - with some help of the developers (thank you!). The software is a bit daunting for people who just want to put together a simple bluray disc and not some fancy all moving all roling James Bond type menu. But that is what you can do with Blu Disc Studio.
The Lite version has its limitations but is quite capable of creating your bluray disc - but you need to put some thought in the project. Then it allows you to make a disc without transcoding, with multiple audio and subtitles.
For those who want to try and not figure it all out again, I made a small user's guide for the Lite edition as "work in progress" but when interested, drop me a line as it is not online: theo de klerk @ gmx com (spaces become dots, except around the @)
Aug 26, 2016 Version: 220.127.116.11
OS: Windows 10 64-bit Ease of use: 5/10
Value for money: 7/10
Has anyone actually used the Lite version? It requires you to demux your .ts files - only for the tool to remux it.
The addition of chapters causes it to go into unresponsive mode for minutes only to turn up with a single chapter: the start. Any attempt to play, move, delete such chapters sends it into unresponsive mode for minutes again.
I'm running a 3 GHz Intel 4 Core processor with 4GB memory that may not be the fastest available, but has no problem running anything else.
Although it is one of the few BD creators that will not re-encode your video if not needed (and thereby pretty much maintains the size of the video file instead of doubling or quadrupling it in size), has multiple audio tracks and multiple subtitles, it is not intuitive by a long shot (in my book). Unfortunately some parts are unresponsive and thereby make this likely tool not very productive.
Aug 1, 2016 Version: 18.104.22.168
OS: Windows 10 64-bit Ease of use: 2/10
Value for money: 5/10
- Ability to create a main menus, popup menus and movies.
- Maximum of 4 audio and subtitle tracks in movies.
- Menu designer with the ability to use the full-color images (PNG 32-bit).
- Importing PSD-files.
- Ability to create scenes (playmarks)
- Automatically create a scene selection menu with presets.
- Ability to assign actions to up/down/left/right and Enter (y).
- Auto-assignment of transitions between the buttons.
- Assign sounds to buttons.
- Highlighting the current audio and subtitle tracks.
- Highlighting the current chapter.
- Assigning multiple actions to a single button (multiaction).
- Menu simulation (preview of the menu)
- Mux project into the Blu-ray compliant folder structure using tsMuxer.
You need to download ffprobe (from ffmpeg http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/) and tsmuxer (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168539) and specify it in the program options to be able to mux the project.
Simple menu without video/audio tracks: http://blu-disc.net/download/Test.rar (5,2 Mb). Unzip to the C:\Test.
Video and audio tracks for simple menu http://blu-disc.net/download/DEMO_menu_Movie.zip (474 Mb). Unzip to the C:\Test\Movie.
Aug 20, 2014 Version: 1.02
OS: Windows 7 Ease of use: 7/10
Value for money: 10/10
|1 tool hits, Showing
= New tool since your last visit
= New version since your last visit
= New comment since your last visit
= New version
Type and download
NO MORE UPDATES?
= The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years.
NO LONGER DEVELOPED
= The software hasn't been updated in over 5 years.
= The software has been updated the last 31 days.
= Download Free software.
= Download Free software but some parts are trial/shareware.
= Download Free software and also open source code.
= Download Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation.
= Free Download software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation.
= Also called shareware or demo. Free Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions.
= No demo or trial available.
= A portable/standalone version is available. No installation is required.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a Beta, RC(Release Candidate) or an Alpha / Nightly / Unstable version of the software.
= A direct link to the software download.
= Windows download version. It works on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.
= Windows 64-bit download version. It works only on 64-bit Windows.
= Mac download version. It works on 32-bit and 64-bit Mac OS.
= Mac OS download version. It works only on 64-bit Mac OS.
= Linux download version.
= Portable version. No installation is required.
= The software is bundled with advertising. Be careful when you install the software and disable addons that you don't want!
Visit developers site = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64-bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = Portable/Standalone version meaning that no installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
Portable version available = Download the portable version and you can just extract the files and run the program without installation.
Old versions available = Download old versions of the program.
Version history available = Complete changelog on our site.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com
Rating from 0-10.