Audacity is my favorite software I have ever used, IMHO!
I use it daily for absolutely everything - recording, mixing, remixing, ringtones.
Cleaning up audio, making better wuality mp3's, "fixing" songs, you name it!
In the past I have tried various flavors of Cubase - liked it, but difficult to use.
Logic.... what?!? More like ILL-Logic! Pro-Tools & others are just too expensive.
I gave up other audio editors altogtether for Audacity, not to mention it's
Fuh-REE-heeee (and so are the effects & plug-ins:)!!!!
The "Timestretching" (called "Change Tempo") function is the best I have EVER used!
I love Audacity so much, I'd actually pay for another (more functional) version!
(Nice segue into....)
The only "gripes" have, or better said "things I would change", are:
1. Cutting/pasting/editing seperate audio waveforms in the SAME track.
- Currently, you have to "Split" audio, creating another track you have to scroll (sometimes way...) down to get to, then "Move Track Up" to realign with other audio. When you have a lot of tracks, this slows things down, and can get confusing. Which brings me to my next point....
2. Colors of "tracks" - different than the standard blue, per track (editable?):
- A somewhat minor gripe, but it would help differentiate tracks by sight, rather than reading the (sometimes long) name of each track, causing you to possibly edit/change/delete something you didn't really want to.
3. Auto-Save - editable, or default every 5 minutes or so...
- Another very minor issue, but if you forget, or your computer locks up/crashes... all those time-consuming edits are gone.
Can't think of anything else bad to say about it, except...
That you have to have a computer to use it!
Can't I just think about it & edit things while I'm levitating around the universe?!?
Erm.... 'nuff said! ;@b
Review by djmoon
May 3, 2008 Version: 1.2.6
OS: WinXP Ease of use: 10/10
Value for money: 10/10