What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
3 user region code comments
|April 09, 2007||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by Chris Riley, November 16 2003:|
1. The player should be powered on, the tray closed without any disc inside, the logo "DVD Video Samsung" visble on screen and the message No Disc must have already appeared.
2. Press the Subtitle key on the remote - nothing should appear.
3. Using the remote control, key in the code for your original rgeion (see hacks above):
Region 1 - 2, 9, 3, 3, 4
Region 2 - 3, 8, 7, 6, 7
Region 3 - 5, 6, 7, 3, 2
Region 4 - 7, 6, 8, 8, 4
Region 5 - 5, 3, 8, 1, 4
Region 6 - 2, 4, 4, 6, 2
4. A number should appear - this is the player's region number that was last programmed.
5. Press the number of the region you require, or 9 for region-free.
6. Open the player's tray using the front panel.
7. Press Standby on the remote control.
NOTE: for the V7000 model, push play and fast forward for about 10 seconds, then quickly press the Subtitle key as in step 2.
Alternative Cold Start if the above does not work
1. Power on your player.
2. Press and hold both the FF and Play buttons on the player.
3. After a short while you should be presented with a set of language options. Release the FF and Play buttons on the player.
4. You will now need to select a language option between 1 and 6.
|Other hack posted by Robert, December 22 2003:|
tried using this hack which works all the way up to the point that the machine wont save the new zone I've input, which is displayed on the screen.
|Region code hack posted by Declan, April 09 2007:|
Do the top hack, but don't open the disc tray or press STANDBY. Once you've inputted your code and selected the regional code that you want, press SUBTITLES again. Nothing interesting happens to the screen, but pressing SUBTITLES saves the code.
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.