What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
11 user region code comments
|January 06, 2011||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by Janus Hartvig, July 23 2007:|
I used same procedure as freaky-deek in this post: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/sony-rdr-hx725/6879
The remote was a One For All Robusto 3 (URC-3435)
|Region code hack posted by Janus Hartvig, July 24 2007:|
Just want to add that I HAD to set the DVD to command mode DVD1 for this to work. I read in other forums that it would work in mode 3 as well, but not on my player.
|Region code hack posted by spoon261, August 24 2007:|
Sony RDR-HX870 Region Hack
I went to Argos and bought the One for all 6 (URC 7562)
Catalogue code 535/6209 £19.99
The user manual was wrong because it tells you to enter a 3 digit code when it only accepts 5 digits.
If you have another one for all remote, it may need the 3 digit codes, simply use the 5 digit codes below but remove the first two 0. So 00189 would be 189
If I say the DVD button blinks twice, it must do this, if it does not you must try the sequence again and again until it does blink twice.
1. select dvd device on remote
2. hold magic button until the DVD button blinks twice
3. enter device code 0533 (DVD button blinks twice)
program buttons 1..5 with the following codes:
1 - 00189
2 - 00255
3 - 00095
4 - 00221
5 - 00079
1. hold magic button until the DVD button blinks twice
2. press 994 (DVD button blinks twice)
3. press magic
4. enter 5 digit code from above
5. press button (1..5) where to program it (DVD button blinks twice)
6. repeat steps 1 to 5 for all keys.
This hack only works if you change the command mode to "1" on the dvd player FIRST (see user manual = page 149). Once hack has been completed, you can change back to command mode "3", if necessary. Of course you need to set both the DVD player and the orginal DVD player remote to command mode "1". After making it region free you can change them to command mode "2", "3" or leave it on "1"
have a go:
1. remove disk, put player on standby
2. press 1,2,3,4,5 - player starts up.
3. press 1,2,3,4,5 - player shuts down and the timer may say on or off.
|Region code hack posted by Magnus Hansson, September 08 2007:|
I used the instructions found at http://www.selen.org/sonydvd.html to use my laptop as a remote control to change the region code, my problem was that I had Windows XP on my computer and I could not run the program under XP.
I used the instructions found at http://www.bay-wolf.com/usbmemstick.htm to make a bootable USB disk with WIN 98, copied the remote program to the USB memory and booted. I could then start the remote program without any problems from my laptop.
It works perfectly!
|Region code hack posted by moidah, October 02 2007:|
Tried using this with the All For One Kameleon 5, but no joy. The setting up of
keys using 'Key Magic' should give the same result as previously posted
methods, but something is amiss. Tried with DVD Control set to 1, 2 and 3! :(
|Region code hack posted by AussieTim, October 05 2007:|
Clarification needed on spoon261 hack for Sony HXD870. In 4. it says "Enter 5 digit code from above." Which 5 digit code should I enter? Please expand on points 5. and 6. Do codes for remote buttons 1-5 need to be entered three times? Many thanks.
|Region code hack posted by alastair.mac, November 14 2007:|
Used the All for One 4 remote, URC7740, argos catalogue 534/4905 with this
|Region code hack posted by Kei, January 01 2008:|
Followed above instructions using One For All 4-way (URC-7740), and successfully applied hack to make recorder multi-region.
|Region code hack posted by MightyB, February 06 2008:|
Bought the All For One Robusto 4 (URC 3445), but no succes. Everything seemed to work out fine until the final entry of each code, which was only rewarded with one long blink, not two.
And there was no detectable result when I pressed the five keys afterwards, so obviously spoon261 is not kidding when he insists that the LED has to blink twice.
So, URC 3445 does NOT seem to work with this hack :(
|Region code hack posted by ylbramma, December 25 2010:|
|Region code hack posted by FRob, January 06 2011:|
Hi, just here to say that the hack worked for me in DVD1 mode. Also, I used a URC 3741 resp. URC 3740.
So this remote will work, too!
Here is the (slightly reworded) version of the code this info applies to:
1. Press DVD
2. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
3. Press 0533
4. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
5. Press 994
6. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
7. Press 00189 (if your OneForAll remote uses 4 digit or 3 digit codes, use less leading zeros)
8. Press 1 ( this sets it to key 1 - it flashes twice )
9. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
10. Press 994
11. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
12. Press 00255
13. Press 2 ( this sets it to key 2 - it flashes twice )
14. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
15. Press 994
16. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
17. Press 00095
18. Press 3 ( this sets it to key 3 - it flashes twice )
19. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
20. Press 994
21. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
22. Press 00221
23. Press 4 ( this sets it to key 4 - it flashes twice )
24. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
25. Press 994
26. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
27. Press 00079
28. Press 5 ( this sets it to key 5 - it flashes twice )
The remote is now programmed and ready to use, to make the RDR-HXD870 region free:
1. Use the original Sony remote that came with the player to bring the player out of standby, make sure there isn't a disc in it.
2. Press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the OneForAll remote. It will say "Timer Ok".
3. Player will shut down automatically.
4. Next time you turn on the player it will be region free for DVD playback.
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.