What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
7 user region code comments
|November 25, 2021||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by Ants, April 05 2018:|
The hack posted under BDP-S370 with one-for-all remote worked OK.
Just the trick is to disengage power entirely after entering 12345.
My model full number is BDP-S3700/SE. Used URC 7960.
|Region code hack posted by nicknesteruk, August 03 2018:|
No instructions how to get through set up to make dvd player region-free.
Tried different selections under set-up, but no preferences to make changes.
Not enough information to preform.
|Region code posted by RZ, May 03 2019:|
Can you elaborate on "Just the trick is to disengage power entirely after entering 12345."
Do you mean just unplug the player from the power-socket? Before or after StandBy?
|Region code hack posted by Stephen, September 15 2019:|
URC 7960 = Universal Remote Controller #7960
So this was a URC hack, and not a BDP-S3700 hack?
Still need the player back please
|Region code posted by Thomas, January 18 2020:|
Tried the S370 Hack with a URC 3940 One for all. But it does not work (German player). 0533 did not work. I used 20533 and could go on with the codes. But it doesn´t work although it should. Is there another way?
|Region code hack posted by Rufus, November 11 2021:|
Region free BDP-S3700 (US Model) for DVD playback only, BD untested.
Full procedure for a OneForAll remote is as follows:
1. Press DVD
2. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
3. Press 0533 (in my case 0533 didn't work for the OneforAll Model URC-3840 R01. The code was 21516,
you can test the right code by seeing if the arrow keys respond on the player main screen.)
Codes that matches your controller model can be found on OneForAll support site --
4. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
5. Press 994
6. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
7. Press 00189 (if your OneForAll remote uses 4 digit or 3 digit codes, use less leading zeros)
8. Press 1 ( this sets it to key 1 - it flashes twice )
9. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
10. Press 994
11. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
12. Press 00255
13. Press 2 ( this sets it to key 2 - it flashes twice )
14. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
15. Press 994
16. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
17. Press 00095
18. Press 3 ( this sets it to key 3 - it flashes twice )
19. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
20. Press 994
21. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
22. Press 00221
23. Press 4 ( this sets it to key 4 - it flashes twice )
24. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
25. Press 994
26. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
27. Press 00079
28. Press 5 ( this sets it to key 5 - it flashes twice )
The remote is now programmed and ready to use, to make the BDP-S350 region free:
1. Use the remote that came with the player to bring the player out of standby, make sure there isn't
a disc in it.
2. Press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the OneForAll remote. The Player will shutdown by itself.
3. Next time you turn on the player it will be region free for DVD playback.
|Region code posted by Remco, November 25 2021:|
Hi, just bought a One For All remote with a magic button and must have tried these instructions almost ten times to get my
SONY BDP S3700 region code free. I do get the RC to work with the SONY, but all these steps after that for some reason do
not make it work. Every time when I try, it ends not supporting my US DVD due to wrong region. I live in Holland and bought
the SONY here. I did not turn off automatically after the 12345, so I unplugged, as was said. Nada. Any thoughts on what I
could have done wrong?
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.