What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
7 user region code comments
|September 19, 2008||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by Autobot, March 13 2006:|
The hack I employed is exactly the same as the MDV458 listed elsewhere on the site. Of course, my unit is the MDV460, and I did the following:
Press "Power" to turn on the player.
- Press "System Menu" key to enter Set Up menu.
- Move to "Preference Page" using the left/right arrow keys
- Press the following sequence in the remote control: 135566
- A menu indicating "Region Code" will appear.
- Change region using up/down arrow keys. Region Code = 0 will play all regions.
- Press "System Menu" key to exit Set Up menu.
- Press "Power" to turn off the player.
Going forward the unit will play all regions. Enjoy.
|Region code hack posted by thedoc, May 07 2006:|
1. Press System Menu on Remote
2. Use Remote's Right Arrows to select "Preference Page"
3. Press 1-3-5-5-6-6 on Remote
4. Use Down Arrow to Change from Reg. 1 to Reg. 0
5. Press System Menu on Remote Again
6. Power off then back on
|Region code hack posted by thedoc, May 08 2006:|
Forgot to mention this player will convert the PAL signal to NTSC TV's with no
stretching or glitches whatsoever! A great picture!
|Region code hack posted by ancius, June 29 2007:|
I have Aug/2006 mfg. model and the hack worked fine but I'm now told that the model with a 2007 mfg. date has a different menu and the old hack doesn't work anymore.
|Region code hack posted by stingdubbading, July 02 2007:|
Just bought a DVD player today (July 2007) and tried the hack. Worked perfectly.
|Region code hack posted by My2˝Cents, July 16 2007:|
RE: ancius, 2007-06-29
Unfortunately, ancius is correct. Enthused by the prospect of buying/trading non-USA PAL DVDs, I bought a MDV460 for myself and a couple as gifts. Target had them on sale for $35 (usually $45).
Apparently, current units have new firmware (& chipset?) -- there's no 'Preferences' page, and entering the above number produced no sub-menu. Believe me, I tried!
Luckily, the next week Target had the essentially similar Philips DVP5140 for five bucks more (sale $40, regularly $50). Philips region hack (Setup, Preferences, 1-3-8-9-3-1, step to Region '0', Setup) took about twenty seconds and worked perfectly on the first try.
Suggest buying the Philips before they 'improve' it, like they did the Magnavox!
|Region code hack posted by firebrand42, September 19 2008:|
If you can not access the preferences page on your machine, open the tray and leave it open while you follow the directions previously mentioned.
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.