What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
1 user region code comments
|April 06, 2008||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by emboman, April 06 2008:|
I tried the hack described for JVC HR-XV2 on my XV-S42 (Sone 2) - and it worked - my player is (apparently) region free!
How to hack:
1. Download a zip file called lg5000.zip from http://www.digitalfaq.com/downloads/dvdhackarchive/.
2. Unzip the zip file. You should see a directory called RMTM0000 with a subdirectory SCARLET containing a file called KPJC19_1.DVD.
3. Burn RMTM0000 with contents to a clean CD-R disc. I used Nero, No multisession, Disc at once - see hack for JVC HR-XV2 for details.
4. Insert the disc into the JVC DVD player .
5. The player displays "NOW READING" on the OSD. When finished reading, nothing happens. I pressed 0 on the remote anyway (0 apparently means "All sones").
6. The player should have recognized one track of 56 seconds. Press play, and it should start playing the track (though no picture, no sound). At some point while it is playing, press 0 on the remote
(I did this just in case; not sure if this or step 5 is what actually did it).
7. You are now done. Ejected the CD-R and try DVDs with various sones.
- I verified the hack by first playing a Sone 1 DVD, then switching the player off and on, and playing a Sone 2 DVD and then a Sone 1 DVD. Everything worked perfectly, so it seems my player is now region free :)
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.