What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
|Cyberhome CH-DVD 320||
9 user region code comments
|November 29, 2004||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by Mark, January 18 2004:|
press " menu"
new menu will pop up
region code will show 1
press " enter"
it will show " --"
type 0 for all regions
I only tested with region 2 disk
|Region code hack posted by Guy W., January 19 2004:|
Verified. The hack above (Same as CyberHome 300) worked fine on the DVD player I bought at Target. (But like above post, I only tested on a Region 2 DVD as well).
|Region code hack posted by cory, April 26 2004:|
THE FIRST GUY HAD IT BUT I HAD TO SEE THE 5TH QUESTION REFERRING TO DIFFERENCES BETWEEN CH DVD 300 AND 320. IT WAS IN THE 300 HACK THAT IT WAS SO CLEAR.
1) POWER ON
2) OPEN TRAY (THE GUY SAID ONLY "EMPTY TRAY")
3) CLOSE TRAY (VERY IMPORTANT)
4) PRESS "MENU"-BUTTON
5) PRESS "1"
6) PRESS "9"
7) (A 3 LINE MENU POPS UP WITH REGION AT THE TOP)
8) (SHOULD SEE REGION _ )
THANKS EVERYONE I COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU. NOW I
CAN ENJOY DUTCH DVD'S WITH MY FAMILY. (I hope BOL.COM finds out about this.)
PS. HEY, HOLLYWOOD SOME OF US JUST WANT TO ENJOY THE LANNGUAGE OF OUR CHOICE... YOU'D THINK THAT YOU'D BE MORE GLOBALLY ORIENTED THAN THIS WHOLE REGIONAL LOCKOUT BUSINESS. NOT EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET YOU!
|Region code hack posted by RayH, May 23 2004:|
There may be a timing or something. At first, just using the empty tray didn't work nor did open and closing the tray. But when I got my timing down to press the menu and initial numbers while "loading" was on the screen, it did work.
|Region code hack posted by DVDfanatico, July 28 2004:|
With the player on and no disc inside press Menu (The no access icon, a circle with a diagonal line inside it, will come up). Pay no attention to the icon. Then press 1,9. A Menu will come up and you can select region free by pressing Enter or zero.
|Region code hack posted by Rom, November 27 2004:|
Just bough the player at TARGET 28.88$ !
Region hack works but instead of ENTER press up or down to change value to 0. The presss ENTER to validate.
Worked and tested OK with DVD region 2 and 1
|Region code hack posted by Gurm, November 29 2004:|
Here's the UPDATED process for a brand new (manufactured in September 2004) 320.
1. Power on.
2. DVD Tray must be empty - if there's nothing in it, skip step 3 & 4.
3. Eject disc.
4. Close tray.
5. If tray is closed, and no disc is in, hit:
6. On this NEW model, you will NOT see a menu. You will just see a number. Use the up and down arrows to change the number from 1 to 0.
7. Hit Enter.
Your unit is now region free!
I've tested with Regions 1, 2, and 4.
|Region code hack posted by cluther, November 29 2004:|
I have a small update to the instructions to convert a CyberHome CH-DVD 320 which I bought at Target today for $40. This player features:
* Digital Progressive Scan for HD TVs
* Built-in 4Mb video converter to play DVD or Video CD movie on any TV.
* You can play a PAL movie on a NTSC TV or play a NTSC movie on a PAL TV.
* Plays DVD, Audio CD, Video CD, CD-R, CD-RW, Super VCD, JPG, MP3, MPEG discs. It does not play DVD-R and DVD+R.
* Standard and wide screen TV formats- 16X9, 4X3 Letter Box, 4X3 Pan & Scan
10-bit Video D/A Converter
* Dolby Digital Decoder and DTS Decoder
* It is small, silver and CHEAP.
1) With your TV on and using the CyberHome remote control select POWER ON to turn on the CyberHome DVD player.
2) Press the OPEN/CLOSE button to open the CD tray.
3) Confirm that there is no CD in the tray and press OPEN/CLOSE to close the tray.
4) While the screen says “loading” press the MENU button.
5) Press "1" and then press "9"
6) On the TV a three line box appears displaying the current region number (ie: 1 for USA).
7) Press the DOWN arrow until the region number shows 0 (zero). (NOTE: Other posts say that you should press ENTER then 0 (zero) – I could not get this to work).
8) Press "ENTER" to accept.
Confirmed working with DVDs for zones 1 and 4.
|Region code hack posted by yarrapatni, November 29 2004:|
Power on the DVD Player
Empty The Tray if any CD available
Press "Menu" from the Remote
New menu will pop up showing the region code 1
Press the Up/Down arrow keys in the remote to change the numbers
Select the down arrow key till u reach 0 (For all regions)
Enjoy the Region Free DVD.
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.