What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
7 user region code comments
|March 04, 2003||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by Josep, July 26 2001:|
The same hack for the Samsung 511 works perfectly with Samsung M105. I did it with mine!
|Region code hack posted by anonymous@, August 10 2001:|
Region code hack. The hack for the samsung 511 worked, bud My player never brought up the Language menu. All I did was: switch the player off and on. Held the play and stop buttons (for 10 seconds) just as it came up (but this didnt seem to do anything). I then did the following.
1. Press the Repeat button on your remote control
2. Using your remote control enter the code below, note that you must know what Region your player is currently set to in order to know which code is appropriate
for Region 1 use 2, 9, 3, 3 and 4
for Region 2 use 3, 8, 7, 6 and 7
for Region 3 use 5, 6, 7, 3 and 2
for Region 4 use 7, 6, 8, 8 and 4
for Region 5 use 5, 3, 8, 1 and 4
for Region 6 use 2, 4, 4, 6 and 2
3. A code should be displayed on the screen indicating the current Region setting of your unit.
4. Press the 9 button on your remote control for Region free, or 1 for Region 1, 2 for Region 2 and so on.
5. Press the Open button on your player
6. Press the Standby button on your remote control
I hope this helps!!!
|Region code hack posted by Wynand, November 27 2001:|
To make the player an ALL-REGION player!
1 Power on.
2 Press the open/close button, the cd-tray will come
out, remove dvd of other cd if present.
3 Press REPEAT button once.
4 Enter following numbers: 38767
You will then see '02' on the TV-Screen
5 Press button number: 9
6 Press the open/close button.
7 Power off, then on and start viewing dvd's from
whichever region you want.
|Region code hack posted by sam, January 04 2002:|
The firmware for the m105 is different in new samsung models and this is the only remote hack code that would work with mine.
To make the Samsung M105, with firmware 5.o2Ee, multi regional, Follow these instructions.
Make sure there is no disk in the tray.
Press Repeat (not repeat A-B)
Then type in, using numbers on your remote
If it works for your model, 02, should appear in the top left hand corner, where the numbers you have typed in appear.
This shows the region your model is currently on.
Before these numbers dissappear
Press the Open/Close button on your remote, to save it.
Then press standby on the remote.
When you put the dvd player back on,it should be multi regional.
Further info can be found at
|Region code hack posted by Mark, April 14 2002:|
Just a slight edit on the hack submitted by sam (2002-01-04). Everything worked up to the 02 appearing in the top left hand corner of the screen. However, prior to pressing Open\\Close, I had to press 09 on the remote, then it worked. Everything else was spot on.
|Region code hack posted by Karen Lawson, January 02 2003:|
1. press the repeat button on remote control. ( don't confuse with A-A button)
2. press the buttons 5,7,5,3 and 8 on remote control, in order one at a time
3. the numbers 02 will be displayed on the top left of your onscreen display
4. press the 1 button on your remote control for region 1, 2 for region 2 and so on, or 9 for multi region playback. NB. the above step may be time sensitive and need to be performed quickly.
5. press the open button on remote control.
NB: the above step may be time sensitive and need to be performed quickly.
6. after 15 seconds have elapsed, power off you player and then power on.
Guaranteed this works have the exact same dvd player and it works. bought a region 1 dvd and plays great. Will also play RCE dvds. Good luck
got this off website. www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk
|Region code hack posted by Ferdipollo, March 04 2003:|
Spanish users can make the hack with an Aiwa remote control. I'm from Spain and I've done with it.
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.