What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
4 user region code comments
|March 01, 2004||Post region code/hack comment|
|Other hack posted by Jake, December 29 2002:|
Vcd hack as by other players.
1. Power on the player with no disc in the drive.
2. Press Pause on the remote control.
3. Using the remote control, key in the following: 1, 4, 7, 2 (the
characters 01 47 should appear on the display) [If your player is a non UK
model, this number will probably be different - don't worry]
4. Press the UP arrow three times (the characters 04 Fd should appear on the
[This number may be different depending on the configuration of your
specific model - don't worry]
5. Press Program, 6, Program, 5 (the characters 04 FE should now be
6. Press Enter (the display should flash briefly).
7. Press Return.
8. Power the player off and then back on.
9. Play a VCD!
|Region code hack posted by Lars, January 11 2003:|
This is the multiregion Hack for the DVD-5000 Series LG DVD Players.
Follow this instructions exactly:
Download the file lg5000.zip by clicking on the link:
(If you have any problems downloading the file e-mail me and i will send it to you: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Unzip the file lg5000.zip. It will create a directory folder called RMTM0000.
You need a CD Writer to write a new disk with the files you've just unziped (RMTM0000 folder).
You need a CD burning software (like Easy CD Creator, Nero, CD Clone, HP RecordNow, etc....) to make a Data disc.
I've read not to use a 700mb capacity CD-R, but mine worked just fine! For information, I used a Memorex CD-R 700MB 24x. This speed (24x) I think is the key to success, not the capacity or size of the CD-R.
Using the CD burning software, create a Data disc and add the directory folder RMTM0000. That's all you need !
*** When burning the disc do not use DirectCD ***
Switch "On" your DVD player and TV and insert the newly burned disc. When prompted select "0" for multiregion and then ENTER. Power off and... it's done!
|Other hack posted by Amsterdam_online, October 23 2003:|
enable SVCD without green screens for PAL TV-systems.
Getting bored with the green screen when owning a PAL TV and using the FE code for SVCD? Then try this one.
to activate the PROM Menu:
1) empty the DVD-player put it off and on.
2) press pause and the code 1472 to access the prom menu
3) with my remote control I now have to press * to be able to enter the menu.
4) now push 6 times the uparrow, you can now access the 7th slot. (which controls SVCD)
5) now press 10 and the enter button.
6) power off and SVCD is enabled
It now works for PAL and NTSC films (european and american standard) without displaying green screens.
So get ridd of the FE code that might work for american systems but is a pain in the ass for european guys (or girls).
The 10 code works for my dvd-player I can now play SVCD and even SKVCD in PAL and NTSC.
|Region code hack posted by gibbert, March 01 2004:|
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.