What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or try PlayON and record Netflix, HBO, Hulu etc! :)
3 user region code comments
|June 22, 2003||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by Martin, October 09 2002:|
1. Turn Player on with no disc inside
2. Press pause on the remote control
3. Then key in 3 1 4 1 5 9
[CODE -- will then be displayed on the player display]
4. Key in desired Region number
[0 for Auto Multi Region, or manually select 1 to 6]
5. Then Press Pause again
6. Turn off player and wait 5 seconds, then back on again.
If you are having problems getting the hack to work, try pressing stop on the remote before you press pause for the first time.
|Region code posted by Jokeren, April 12 2003:|
This "hack" is just an update of the ones I've read on lg dvd players listings because lg and zenith are the same (as I've read from online research) on the inside of their machines I guess.
This "hack" enables/disables so far these four items on at LEAST my player, maybe all others, maybe some others, but give it a try.. it enables MP3 cds, VCDs, the Dolby 5.1 system (only REALLY useful if you have a decoder built in) and the TV Output stuff.
1. Turn on system with no disc, wait until "NO DISC" is displayed.
2. Press pause on remote.
3. Press the following sequence: 1, 4, 7, 2 (This enables you to edit some of the system variables if you would call them that)
4. Press UP 3 times to get to the 04 variable (on the left side) and on my display it originally was 0C but it might be different but it shouldn't matter.
5. This is a 16 bit variable, where the bits are flags: 01100110 activates the four listed items above, but I can't figure out how to activate HD yet, which is possibly also on my machine. That number is 66, so just enter 66 on the number pad.
6. Press Enter
7. turn machine on and off.
8. play with the stuff that works.
|Other hack posted by jonte, June 22 2003:|
lg dvd 4830 player.
and after that i did the hack above the tv went totaly black. i could just hear the sound. i thought that this is it, now its broken. now i have done something really wrong.
"We have NOT tested or verified any hacks, use them at your own risk."
if you have the same problem check this out;
1. power on / no disc
2. press pause (remote)
3. press 1, 4, 7, 2 (the characters 01 47 should appear on the display)
4. press up arrow three times
(the characters 04 Fd should appear on the display)
5. press program, 6, program, 5
(the characters 04 FE should now be displayed).
6. press enter (the display should flash briefly).
7. press return
8. turn off the player, wait a sec and turn it on!
it worked for me.
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.