v 0.8.0.0 Released
Sep 16 on September 16, 2018 at 21:01
* Added user editable custom placeholders for file names.
* Added option to disable save session dialog.
* Compliant with MKVToolNix v17 and above.
* Mkvmerge.exe output is now redirected to a file instead of stdout. Should fix issues with non English locales.
* Added non ASCII character conversion when working with command line tools such as avc2avi.exe.
* Added .h265 extension.
* Added ability to edit how files and tracks are displayed in the left pane.
* Changed Select All shortcut to Ctrl+Shift+A.
* Added ability to cancel file import.
* Added option to enable debugging.
* Moved File Info into a right click menu instead of double clicking.
* Split source code into multiple files.
* Removed auto restart on hang or crash.
* Removed AutoitObject.dll.
* Optimized update checking code.
* Optimized error messages and error detection.
* Optimized logging saving and display code.
* Optimized multiple instance detection code.
* Optimized custom placeholder verification code.
* Fixed database being left in an inconsistent state when MKVCleaver crashed.
* Fixed various GUI sizing and display issues.
* Fixed multiple “Variable is out of bounds” and “Variable is not declared” errors.
* Multiple minor bug fixes.
v 0.7.0.2 Released
on May 30, 2017 at 09:13
* Added [TrackType#] placeholder.
* Added auto recovery when MKVCleaver hangs.
* Added notification when MKVCleaver cannot connect to the Internet.
* Minor logging changes.
* Fixed “Check for Updates” was not following what’s in the ini file.
* Fixed MKVCleaver error when extracting by selecting tracks in the left pane.
* Fixed [Track#] being replaced by incorrect numbers in some cases.
v 0.7.0.1 Released
* Fixed error with SQLite when files have apostrophe(s) in the file name.
* Fixed error when extracting simple chapters.
* Added back Send To menu in portable versions.
* Fixed error detection for chapters, tags and cues.
* Fixed log_rotate.exe hanging in some situations.
* Fixed json formatting when extracting time codes with default file naming options.
v 0.7.0.0 Released
* Implemented SQLIte database as the storage engine for internal arrays and the log
* Added utility to rotate logs
* Added log settings and log viewer
* Added more detailed logging
* Update check is now using JSON format
* Changed mkvmerge -i to mkvmerge -J. MKVCleaver is now using JSON format to query MKVtoolNix CLI tools
* Removed mkvextract version check
* Added minimum MKVToolNix version. Minimum version is 10
* Added [LNG3], [LNGf] and [Delay] placeholders
* Removed [vDelay] placeholder
* Changed how [aDelay] placeholder works
* Added Quick and Full VFR detection modes
* Added VFR to CFR conversion (experimental)
* Removed avdump2
* Added batch filters for extraction
* Moved About button under Help menu
* Added Segment UIDs extraction
* Added ability to add files to MKVCleaver by dragging and dropping a text file
* Added instance check. Max instances is now 1
* Removed Audio FLAC in OGG container option
* Major source changes to accommodate SQLite DB and Windows 10
* MKVCleaver minimum GUI size is now set for both x and y axis
* Minor changes to custom.ini file options
* Timecodes checkbox text will be red when Timecodes Only option is selected (visual aid)
* Fixed Drag & Drop on Windows 10
* Fixed state and text detection for files and tracks windows under Windows 10
* Fixed Go button state changes based on what is selected
* Fixed Audio track language was displayed as English when no language was set
* Fixed h.264 to avi conversion errors
* Optimized code to idle CPU when nothing is happening
* Changed acv2avi.exe to the version from VideoHelp
v 0.6.0.8 Released
* Added video delay placeholder to custom file names
* Audio delay is calculated against video delay when audio delay is not negative
* Added separator and placeholder cleanup when using custom file names
* Removed avdump. VFR check is now done with MediaInfo.dll
* Updated MediaInfo.dll
* MediaInfo full media information is now in a separate window
* Update URL is now set in a DNS record
* Tested with latest MkvToolNix
* Custom file name chapter and cuesheets extraction errors
* Update check would not turn off
* Status bar progress should now work on Windows 10
* Extract button behavior correction when removing tracks in the left pane
* Inconsistent logging when extraction errors occured
* Other minor bug fixes
v 0.6.0.7 Released
* MKVCleaver crashes on WIN 8
* Custom Filename button resizing issues
* Automatic timecode extraction for VFR files
* Log file was overwritten with every extraction is some cases
v 0.6.0.6 Released
* Allow multiple files with the same name, but different paths
* Taskbar progress should work on Windows 8 now
* Fixed path generation logic in h264 to avi conversion code
* Updated links in the Help menu and About menu
* Other minor bug fixes
* Added Custom Filenames with variables
* Added ability to turn off automatic update checks
* Added automatic MkvToolNix detection when it is installed
* Updated MediaInfo.dll
* Other minor changes
v 0.6.0.5 Released
* Drag and Drop fixed.
v 0.6.0.4 Released
* Update notification added. MKVCleaver will display an update menu when an update is available.
* VFR detection is now off by default.
* Moved data files to AppData folder. Files will be moved automatically on the first run (Installer version only).
* Wix is now used to compile MSI files. It is not compatible with previous versions of the installer. Please uninstall previous versions manually.
* WebM detection is fixed.
* Chapter and Tags extraction fixed.
* Other minor bugs fixed.
v 0.6.0.3 Released
* Updated to work with latest MKVToolNix
* Updated MediaInfo dll
* Changed all command and log files to UTF16 Big Endian
* Added OPUS codec
* Added character escaping in MKVToolNix options file for all paths
* Fixed some crashes (the ones I could recreate)
* Minor bug fixes
v 0.6.0.2 Released
* When converting from h264 to avi files were being split at 2 GB mark and that would produce broken avi. Removed size limit on output files.
* MKVExtract option file was being saved in ANSI format. Changed to UTF8.
v 0.6.0.1 Released
* Paths were missing "" thus breaking when spaces were present
* MKVcleaver would not create %UserProfile%MKVCleaver path if it didn't exists
* XML2CellTime would error out when only one file was being converted
* Changed Portable versions to point to the %ScriptDir% for all config and log files
v 0.6.0.0 Released
* WIN 7 Taskbar Icon progress bar added
* Added progress bars inside GUI
* Added session handler. MKVcleaver will restore last used files if it crashes
* Changed from command line to options file when using MkvToolNix
* Added XML2CellTimes converter utility
* Changed track numbering to start with 0 if track # < 10
* Added menu to chose between simple and XML chapters
* MKVcleaver will now remember all options set in the last sessions
* Relocated custom.ini, log and options files to %UserProfile%MKVCleaver directory to avoid UAC problems
* MKVcleaver will now give an error about missing MkvToolNix instead of keeping Extract Tracks button greyed out
* MediaInfo updated to the latest version
* Fixed MKVcleaver 64-bit random crashes
* Max path depth limit is now gone
* GetCodecs tools wouldn't always respond to controls
* MKVcleaver is now compatible with all versions of MkvToolNix up to v 5.8.0
* Some source optimization
* Code optimization
* Other minor fixes...
Extract included files into the directory where MKVcleaver is installed.
This is not a full package. You must have MKVcleaver 0.5.0.3 installed to use this version.
This version is modified to work only with MkvToolNix 126.96.36.199 or newer. Please do not use it if you have MkvToolNix older than 188.8.131.52.
v 0.5.0.3 Released
* MKVcleaver did not output any files even through it reported successful extraction.
* About box caused glitches if OK button was clicked.
* Progress was not calculating properly in Timecodes Only mode
* Added an option to turn off VFR Detection to Settings menu.
* Almost everything is disabled when extracting.
* MediaInfoDLL is updated to the latest version.
v 0.5.0.2 Released
* Fixed "Timecodes Only" not working bug.
* Converted logging to UTF.
v 0.5.0.1 Released
* File names were not cleared from memory after Drag & Drop used.
* Changed Drag & Drop interface to full UTF support.
v 0.5.0.0 Released
* Fixed process termination code for when cancel button pressed
* Fixed logging code for when cancel button pressed
* Fixed typo in the file description
* Added Settings, Tools and Help menus
* Moved all user accessible settings to Settings menu
* Added a tool to manipulate extensions and codecs in custom.ini
* Added a tool to retrieve codecs from matroska files
* Added ability to pass file names to MKVcleaver from command line, Open With or Send To menus.
* Added Help and Donate links to Help menu
* MKVcleaver will update MediaInfo.dll to the latest version
v 0.4.1.5 Released
* Fixed --no-ogg switch problem with mkvtoolnix version 184.108.40.206
v 0.4.1.4 Released
* Redesigned Drag & Drop code
* MKVcleaver now allows to Drag & Drop mix of files and directories
* MKVcleaver now allows to D&D multiple directories
* Fixed bug where MKVcleaver assumed that all files are located in the same directory when D&D used
* MKVcleaver will now display channel information for audio tracks in the left pane
v 0.4.1.3 Released
* Fixed path generation code
* Fixed path detection when D&D used
* MKVcleaver can now detect errors from mkvextract.exe
* User is notified if errors and/or warnings occurred while extracting
* Added status bar message if extraction finished successfully
v 0.4.1.2 Released
* About Dialog completely redesigned. All links now open with default browser.
* Logging is now enabled and more verbose.
* Log file size can be controlled. Default size is 10 MB (See Help file on how to use)
* All attachments are now extracted to "destination folder<filename>attachmentname.ext"
v 0.4.1.1 Released
* Some internal code changes (does not affect functionality)
* Logging is disabled in this release
* Mkvmerge output is forced to English
v 0.4.1.0 Released
* Fixed: MKVcleaver was not releasing mediainfo.dll handles properly
* Better progress tracking in status bar.
* MKVcleaver will now check if mkvextract.exe and mkvmerge.exe exist in the same folder.
* MKVcleaver will give an error and stop processing if mkvmerge.exe returns error or blank.
* MKVcleaver will give an error and exit if mediainfo.dll could not be loaded.
* MKVcleaver can now shutdown your PC when done.
How to use:
Create a shutdown entry in custom.ini under GUI section. If shutdown=1 then MKVcleaver will shutdown your PC once and turn this setting off, if shutdown=2 then MKVcleaver will shutdown your PC each time after it's done. And, of course, shutdown=0 will turn this off. If MKVcleaver doesn't find shutdown entry, it will assume it's off.
v 0.4.0.0 Released
* MKVcleaver can now be maximized and resized
* Position and size settings are now stored in custom.ini
* Saving of position and size can be turned on and off by pressing Alt+Shift+R
* Track setting are now only reset if information about the files has changed.
* Remove button will be grayed out until at least one file is checked in the left pane.
* Extract button will be grayed out until something that can be extracted is checked in either left or right panes.
* Double right click on a file in the left pane to get detailed info on a file.
* 2-letter language tag can be appended to the end of audio and subtitle tracks.
* Language tag can be turned off and on by right click in the upper right corner of Filename Options box.
* Language tag option is saved in custom.ini file.
Everything else will be added upon either majority requests or my own whim.
Version 0.3.0.0 Released
This version has some fixes:
* Extract button is disabled til mkvtoolnix path is correct and there is at least one file added.
* MKVcleaver will only check if mkvextract.exe exists. No other checks done.
* Remove button will only be enabled if one or more files are checked.
* Path to mkvtoolnix is now stored in custom.ini file. No other settings are saved in this release.
* Settings are not reset, if an error occurred or if the cancel button was pressed and no files were processed. In all other cases settings will be reset.
* Fix Get Detailed Info context menu
* Add ability to Maximize
Minor gui fixes. This won't affect functionality.