What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
3 user region code comments
|June 01, 2007||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by v0dka, February 19 2005:|
This is the method I used to set my Samsung P247A player to region free.
1. Cold start the player, by holding down the PLAY and STOP buttons on the player.
2. You should see a set of language options. Release the PLAY and STOP buttons.
3. Select your language.
4. Press REPEAT (not the repeat A-B button) then the following codes for the required region the player is already set to (region you bought the player in):
Region 1 - 2, 9, 3, 3, 4
Region 2 - 3, 8, 7, 6, 7
Region 3 - 5, 6, 7, 3, 2
Region 4 - 7, 6, 8, 8, 4
Region 5 - 5, 3, 8, 1, 4
Region 6 - 2, 4, 4, 6, 2
5. A code will appear, indicating the region setting of your player.
6. Press 9 for region-free, or 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2, etc.
7. Press OPEN on the Player to open the disc tray.
8. Press STANDBY (POWER) on the remote control to close the tray. Next time the player is turned on it will set to the region specified.
|Region code hack posted by Mike Lawrie, May 15 2005:|
The Samsung DVD-P247A that I bought at Pick 'n Pay in South Africa did not react to the region 2 hack of REPEAT / 3,8,7,6,7 -- it produced a "no disc" display.
When I did a REPEAT 5,7,5,3,8 it displayed a 2, which could be overwritten with a 9, and then open the CD carrier, wait a second or two, then power off, caused the 9 to be stored.
|Region code hack posted by Aelred, June 01 2007:|
Press 'Power' to start player
Welcome message appears, then 'No disc' message
Press 'repeat' (not repeat A-B)
Open then close tray
Turn it off
Originally this was Region 4
The above steps worked beautifully for me and subsequently played all regions.
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.