What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
8 user region code comments
|January 06, 2021||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by ei4kn, November 13 2019:|
Take a blank CD-R or CD-RW and burn the file "MontBlanc.dvd" in folder "Violet0000\Rubicon". On
a CD-R or CD-RW will get the following structure "\Violet0000\Rubicon\MontBlanc.dvd", the name of
the CD is irrelevant. File "MontBlanc.dvd" should contain 4 bytes of hexadecimal format, 17, 17,
Its the same file used for the regular LG bluray players such as the BD250. Tested with a BD-RE
as I didnt have a blank CD handy. Burned with Imgburn
|Region code hack posted by Steev, November 16 2019:|
Where is the file and folder you mentioned? Where does it come from? Thanks
|Region code posted by Bub, December 26 2019:|
The MontBlanc.dvd hack doesn't seem to work on the US version of the LG UBK80
|Region code hack posted by James, February 19 2020:|
1) Create a folder: Violet0000
2) Inside /Violet0000 create a subfolder: Rubicon
3) Download the MontBlanc.txt file here: https://www.avforums.com/attachments/montblanc-txt.873684/
4) Save it in the Rubicon folder as a .dvd file called MontBlanc.dvd (note: DO NOT save it as a
text file. Change the file extension. If you cannot see the file extension, select "All File Types"
on the extensions tab of the download window)
5) Your folder stucture should be like this: /Violet0000/Rubicon/MontBlanc.dvd
6) Drag and drop the Violet0000 folder (/Violet0000/Rubicon/MontBlanc.dvd) to your prefered CDR
7) Insert the CDR into your player. A black menu screen will appear with the current region code
and a place to select a new region code. Select 0 for universal region.
PS.: If you can\'t download montblanc-txt file from the link above, try the link below:
|Region code posted by Paul, April 24 2020:|
I have tried the hack using a few different methods and unfortunately it doesn't work for me. Details:
I have a new LG UBK80 player
I downloaded the file from both locations and burned it onto a CD with appropriate file structure. I also tried burning it onto a blank DVD but that didn't work either.
Any suggestions or ideas?
|Region code hack posted by Bob, September 06 2020:|
This works on my Australian LG UBK80 region 4
1. Downloaded the hack "\Violet0000\Rubicon\MontBlanc.dvd" from
2. I used CDBurnerXP to create a data disk. Click disk tab and check file system by changing
file system settings to ISO 9660 /Joliet if not already.
3. Add/drag downloaded files to the disk and proceed to burn a CDR disk. I finalised the disk
4. Insert the newly created CDR into the UBK80, screen goes blank and opens up screen showing
current region code 4. Enter 0 for multi-region using remote control, and press pause to enter
and it should then play all region DVDs.
Points to note the file format must be exact on the disk. DVDs did not work but the CDR did.
|Region code hack posted by UEF, December 06 2020:|
For people who are struggling to get the CD to work and you're using a Mac to make the disc: read this!
STOP USING YOUR MAC TO DO THIS
The Mac puts extra files everywhere and that's what confuses the player.
If you can, do the download and burn on a windows PC, or use something like Parallels
Get the file from here as before https://mega.nz/#!CQFz2TAK!1BO7aSN--BFL_sEhneyfVgiQ3ZUzHGinvlycQEvdmpw
Extract and prepare that whole structure to go onto a CD.
Make sure (if using parallels) that you open every folder and delete any .DSstore files.
Also make sure that Windows burns the disc 'as a CD' rather than 'As a USB' (if it asks). And delete the desktop.ini file if it tries to
place that onto the disc before the burn.
Using Windows to burn this using Parallels did it for me, after I'd made sure to delete the extra files that Macs seem to infest zip files
This was using a UK Region 2 player.
|Region code hack posted by declanfiore, January 06 2021:|
Hello! Does this only work for region free DVD? I tried this recently on the UK player and everything
seemed to work and I managed to set the region to 0. However, when I inserted a Region A BluRay it
still didn't work.
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.