What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
6 user region code comments
|September 06, 2020||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by ei4kn, November 13 2019:|
Take a blank CD-R or CD-RW and burn the file "MontBlanc.dvd" in folder "Violet0000\Rubicon". On
a CD-R or CD-RW will get the following structure "\Violet0000\Rubicon\MontBlanc.dvd", the name of
the CD is irrelevant. File "MontBlanc.dvd" should contain 4 bytes of hexadecimal format, 17, 17,
Its the same file used for the regular LG bluray players such as the BD250. Tested with a BD-RE
as I didnt have a blank CD handy. Burned with Imgburn
|Region code hack posted by Steev, November 16 2019:|
Where is the file and folder you mentioned? Where does it come from? Thanks
|Region code posted by Bub, December 26 2019:|
The MontBlanc.dvd hack doesn't seem to work on the US version of the LG UBK80
|Region code hack posted by James, February 19 2020:|
1) Create a folder: Violet0000
2) Inside /Violet0000 create a subfolder: Rubicon
3) Download the MontBlanc.txt file here: https://www.avforums.com/attachments/montblanc-txt.873684/
4) Save it in the Rubicon folder as a .dvd file called MontBlanc.dvd (note: DO NOT save it as a
text file. Change the file extension. If you cannot see the file extension, select "All File Types"
on the extensions tab of the download window)
5) Your folder stucture should be like this: /Violet0000/Rubicon/MontBlanc.dvd
6) Drag and drop the Violet0000 folder (/Violet0000/Rubicon/MontBlanc.dvd) to your prefered CDR
7) Insert the CDR into your player. A black menu screen will appear with the current region code
and a place to select a new region code. Select 0 for universal region.
PS.: If you can\'t download montblanc-txt file from the link above, try the link below:
|Region code posted by Paul, April 24 2020:|
I have tried the hack using a few different methods and unfortunately it doesn't work for me. Details:
I have a new LG UBK80 player
I downloaded the file from both locations and burned it onto a CD with appropriate file structure. I also tried burning it onto a blank DVD but that didn't work either.
Any suggestions or ideas?
|Region code hack posted by Bob, September 06 2020:|
This works on my Australian LG UBK80 region 4
1. Downloaded the hack "\Violet0000\Rubicon\MontBlanc.dvd" from
2. I used CDBurnerXP to create a data disk. Click disk tab and check file system by changing
file system settings to ISO 9660 /Joliet if not already.
3. Add/drag downloaded files to the disk and proceed to burn a CDR disk. I finalised the disk
4. Insert the newly created CDR into the UBK80, screen goes blank and opens up screen showing
current region code 4. Enter 0 for multi-region using remote control, and press pause to enter
and it should then play all region DVDs.
Points to note the file format must be exact on the disk. DVDs did not work but the CDR did.
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.