What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
1 user region code comments
|June 24, 2005||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by Alex, June 24 2005:|
I used the method below posted to hack a DAVS550. After that every DVD region 4 is playing in my player region 1.
I used a laptop with a IR port and OS Windows 98 (cause the winsamp is in DOS base).
1. Download Winsamp here: http://www.veg.nildram.co.uk/remote13.zip
This program will emulate an IR remote on your laptop
2. Extract the package onto a bootable DOS floppy disk. (this step is very important, I tried to use the software directly out of Windows before, but without success)
3. Download this IR code file and place it in the same directory as the package above. This file holds the five necessary IR codes converted to the format used by winsamp.exe. http://www.selen.org/files/REMOTE.TXT 4. Boot up your PC from the floppy disk and run winsamp.exe. If your IRDA port doesn't appear as COM2 you may override this by using an appropriate command line switch. For example, use COM1 by running 'winsamp C1'.
5. Press the 'r' key to load up the codes into winsamp.
6. Turn on the Player.
7. Hold down "Display" and "Stop" and and while keeping them pressed turn the volume knob to the right. Service IN mode should appear.
8. Make sure your DVD player is in "Service IN" mode and your IRDA port is within range.
9. Positioning your IR port in front of the player infrared receiver (about 1 inch) run the IR codes from 1 to 5 by pressing Enter on each corresponding button and waiting about 10 sec before press next button.
10. Your DVD player should now display "DATA RESET", but in my device I did not see anything.
11. Press the power button on the player.
12. Plug it out for 5-10 seconds.
13. Plug back and turn it on, and done.
I´m not sure with this procedure works for another regions, but up to now I had no problems with discs region 4.
Probably this procedure works for FR-8 and FR-9 models
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit. Visit our sponsors! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!