What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or try PlayON and record Netflix, HBO, Hulu etc! :)
2 user region code comments
|January 13, 2004||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by Kel, January 05 2004:|
NEC NDT- 40 DVD / VCR Region Code setting procedure
My NEC NDT-40 DVD/VCR was purchased in Australia in August 2003. The manual stated that the unit was only able to play Region 4 DVD’s. Recently my brother had been looking at the NEC Australia website and noted that it indicated a feature of the “NDT-40” as “Multi Region DVD player for other Disc Regions”.
My brother tried a Region “1” DVD in the unit but it would not play and displayed a “Check Regional Code” message. I telephoned NEC support in Australia. I was advised the following procedure over the phone to change the Region Code settings:
1) Ensure no disc is inserted in unit.
2) Turn unit off at the power button on the front of the unit.
3) Turn unit on at the power button on the front of the unit.
4) The words “NO DISC” are visible in the display.
5) Press PAUSE on the remote control. “NO DISC” will remain on the display.
6) Enter the following code 314159 (After entering this code the display will change to a string of seven digits. Digits one and two are the region code to which the unit is currently set e.g. “00” (multi region) or region “01”, “02”, “03”, “04”)
7) Enter the code for the region required on the remote control. E.g. press “0” for multi, or “1”, “2”, “3” or “4”. The first two zeros on the display will change accordingly to “00”, “01”, “02”, “03”, “04”.
8) Press PAUSE. “NO DISC” will return to the units display. The unit is now set to your region requirements.
|Region code hack posted by Grandmaster Hack, January 13 2004:|
1. Switch on TV & DVD (switch machine to DVD mode
2. Using remote press PAUSE button.
3. Enter this code 3 1 4 1 5 9 (yep Pi, goddam nerds)
4. Region menu will appear, select region 0 (all)
5. Press PAUSE button.
6. Switch power off machine, turn it back on..
Some DVDs with more advanced region coding will require you to switch the machine to their specific region of origin. Not so often though...
My Mum is now very happy with her new Multi Region DVD/VCR!
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.