FastVDO SmartCapture - VideoHelp Capture Card
|1 Capture Card hits, Showing 1 to 1 Capture Cards||
|FastVDO SmartCapture||Analog VideoIn
||Win95? Win98? Win2K? WinXP
Vista NT4 MAC Linux
*based on user reports.
|Description (from the manufacturer site)|
|FastVDO's SmartCapture® is the world’s first and smallest USB based capture and H.264/AAC encoder hardware
SmartCapture® captures analog NTSC/PAL video and analog stereo audio (L/R), digitizes and compresses the video/audio data using the latest video and audio encoding technologies (H.264/AAC) to deliver high quality multimedia at low bit rates. Captured and compressed video/audio streams are delivered to the PC/laptop/single board computer through simple USB interface for storage or live streaming*. While having a portable form-factor and using very low power, SmartCapture allows encoding at various bitrates and interfaces with a broad spectrum of AV sources. SmartCapture Content creation, content repurposing, field acquisition, surveillance, news gathering, and a host of applications are now available in a compact, cost-effective form. SmartCapture design is flexible and customizable to various interfaces and connectors.
This versatile device serves multiple functions apart from capture and encoding:
* Resize video - from 160X120 up to 720X576 : for mobiles, iPod®, PSP, TV and PC
* Compress at various bitrates - 32 kb/s to 4 Mb/s : for wireless, broadband and IPTV
* Make iPod® files - Convert home videos, TV shows, VHS and tapes easy and fast
* Distance learning - Store or live stream* high quality videos to enable E-learning
* Training videos - Capture screens or presentations to create training videos
* News Gathering - Capture, compress and stream* live news and interviews
* Security - Simple and compact solution for all surveillance applications
* Defense - Small form factor and light payload for unmanned and reconnaissance applications
Comments posted by andrewhudson from India, February 27, 2009:
Compatibility: Win95? Win98? Win2K? WinXP Vista NT4 MAC Linux - Rated: 9 of 10.
Click on this for more technical information.
New comments= New comments since your last visit.
New Card= New Capture Card since your last vist.
What kind of main capture features it supports
Analog VideoIn = Analog composite or/and SVHS video input
Video Card = If it is a Video Card/Graphic Card
Tv Tuner = Built-In TV-Tuner
Digital TV = Built-In Digital TV-Tuner
DV/Firewire = DV/Firewire/i.Link input
DV Converter = Analog composite or/and SVHS video input and converts to DV video
MPEG1 hardware = Capture directly MPEG1(VCD) video using hardware*
MPEG2 hardware = Capture directly MPEG2(SVCD and DVD) video using hardware*
MJPEG hardware = Capture directly to MJPEG using hardware*
MPEG4 hardware = Capture directly to MPEG4(DivX,Xvid) video using hardware*
* = Most capture cards can capture to this format using software but it usually requires a very fast computer, if it supports realtime capturing it uses the capture cards hardware and it doesn't require a very fast computer and you may get better quality but less options/settings than software capturing.
What Operating System our users have reported that it works on, Win95=Works
Cnx = Connection
What type of connection the capture device has to the computer, PCI, AGP, USB1/1.1/2, DV or PCMCIA.
The price in US dollar.
The first rating is based on a weighted rank (the true Bayesian), it requires at least 5 votes to get a weighted rating.
The second rating between the ( ) is a normal average rating.
User comments, click on view to view them or add to post a own comment.