iFFmpeg makes it easy to convert media files with FFmpeg for both beginner and experienced users. iFFmpeg is a front end that does all the hard work for you. This way you can use FFmpeg without the knowledge of all the commands. Requires ffmpeg binaries.
20 May 2016 - New in version 6.1
- Added ‘Apple CoreAudio AAC/AC3/ALAC de/encoder’ support. Encoding movies with AAC/AC3/ALAC audio are now about 30% faster. Make sure you use a FFmpeg version supporting this.
- Added option 'Set Encode Date and Taged Date’ with options ‘Disabled, Current time and Original Time’.
- Added"SMPTE ST 428-1" to Color Primaries selector.
- Added "Log square root”, "IEC 61966-2-4” , "BT.1361” , "IEC 61966-2-1”, "BT.2020 - 10 bit” , "BT.2020 - 12 bit” ,”SMPTE ST 2084” , “SMPTE ST 428-1” to color transfer characteristics selector.
- Added "BT.2020 NCL” and "BT.2020 CL” to color space selector.
- Added ‘Draw background’ option for Forcing Font Styling.
- Added ‘Background color’ option for Forcing Font Styling.
- Added ’Background Transparency’ option for Forcing Font Styling.
- Added support for HAP video codec (MOV container).
- Added aditional file extentions when encoding to audio only: AAC (.m4a and .aac), WAV (.wav and .aiff), OGG (.ogg, .oga), ALAC (.m4a, .caf).
- Added advanced option 'Use Cutoff bandwidth when encoding with the build-in AAC encoder’.
- Added option 'Use transparency (only for webm)’ for creating movies from PNG images with alpha channel.
- Added option 'Chroma to Luma Quantizer Offset’.
- Added x264 option ‘Deadzone Inter’.
- Added x264 option ‘Deadzone Intra’.
- Added x264 option 'Disable decimate P-blocks’.
- Improved x264 option 'AQ-Strength’ - now a range from 0 to 3.
- Added x265 option 'Adaptive Quantization Mode’.
- Added x265 option ‘Level’.
- Added x265 option 'Calculate and report Peak Signal to Noise Ratio’.
- Added x265 option 'B frame placement’.
- Added x265 option ‘Encodes interlaced content as fields’.
- Added x265 option ‘Profile’ (main, main-intra, mainstillpicture,main444-8,main444-intra,main444-stillpicture,main10, main10-intra main422-10, main422-10-intra main444-10, main444-10-intra,main12, main12-intra main422-12, main422-12-intra main444-12, main444-12-intra).
- Added x265 option 'Encodes interlaced content as fields’.
- Added x265 option 'Level of RDO in mode decision’.
- Added x265 option 'For each CU, calculate R-D for a range of QP values’.
- Added x265 option 'Noise reduction’.
- Added x265 option 'Maximum TU size’.
- Added x265 option 'Disable temporal motion vector predictors in P and B slices’.
- Added x265 option 'Limit References’.
- Added x265 option 'Disable the use of lookahead’s lowres motion vector fields’.
- Added x265 option 'Strength of adaptive quant offsets’.
- Added x265 option 'Rate distortion optimizated mode’.
- Added x265 option 'Deblocking Loop Filter tC Offset’.
- Added x265 option 'Deblocking Loop Filter Beta Offset’.
- Added x265 option 'Disable Toggle Sample Adaptive Offset loop filter’.
- Added x265 option 'Specify how to handle depencency between SAO and deblocking filter’.
- Added x265 option 'Rate-Distortion Analysis’.
- Added x265 option 'Enable Parallel mode decision, or distributed mode analysis’.
- Added several helptags for x265 options.
- Added video filter ‘Gradfun’.
- Added option ‘Strength’ (Gradfun).
- Added option’Radius’ (Gradfun).
- Added option 'Auto GOP multiplier’.
- Added value ‘Zero’ for Global, Sub, Pre Motion Estimation options.
- Added support for OGG audio in MKV containers with H264 or H265 video codecs.
- Added video option ‘Framerate Mode’.
- Added option ‘Merge Subtitles’ to Merging files.
- Added option ‘Include All Streams’ (merging).
- Added DPX and SGI support for extracting images from movies.
- Added preference option 'Default Subs Charset Encoding’.
- Added preference option ‘Related Subtitles Files’ (Ignore, Ask to Add as soft or hard subtitles, Add as Soft subtitles and Add as Hard burn subtitles).
- Extended the max. value for 'Limit Motion Vectors Range' to 64.
- Extended the max. value for ‘Motion Estimation Quality’ to 11.
- Updated x265 option AQ-Mode.
- Added preference option ‘Enable encoding while system sleeps'
- Improved compiling FFmpeg commandlines.
- Improved sliders - it is now possible to mouseclick the value up and down.
- Improved FFmpeg error handling.
- Improved displaying info when adding a lot of movies.
- Improved x264 option 'AQ-Strength’ - now a range from 0 to 3.
- Improved Qmin and Qmax - now with a range 0 to 69
- Improved -psy_trellis and -psy-rd to match new FFmpeg versions.
- Improved H:M:S:F display control.
- Improved H264 Main and High Profile presets.
- Improved splitting audio channels into seperate files.
- Improved merging files without re-encoding.
- Now remembers the last selected extracting subtitles type.
- Now uses the source filename for extracting subtitles by default.
- Scene Change Threshold option can now be set to 0 too.
- When creating movie from images, the FPS is now automatically taken from the Video settings.
- Encoding to VOB and enabling qscale is now added correctly.
- Trimming Digits are now bigger.
- Now checks if the VLC player is available when selected for previewing.
- All settings for the audio filter 'Dynamic Normalize’ are now saved to user presets.
- h264_mp4toannexb is now enabled by default when encoding to AVCHD Container (M2TS).
- Fixed issue when using the DNxHD preset and set video size to HD720.
- Fixed issue when using the DVVideo preset.
- Fixed issue parsing keyint and min-keyint for x265.
- Fixed issue x264 option 'Weighted prediction method’.
- Fixed issue x265 option 'Disable Wavefront Parallel Processing’.
- Fixed issue export images when ‘Destination folder is same as source’ is enabled.
- Fixed some tooltips.
- Fixed issue with sliders.
- Fixed some control focus issues.
- Fixed issue with progresscircle.
- Fixed issue when enabling 'Only Encode Selected Chapter’.
- Fixed issue when enabling ‘Start encoding after adding files’.
- Fixed issue setting the correct value for the Audio Tempo audio filter.
- Fixed issue rendering Timecode when using a large fonts size.
- Fixed issue merging without re-encoding (concat) under OS X 10.7.x
- Fixed issue with Video size listing - 3840x2160 (UHDTV) was listed twice.
- Fixed issue when merging files without re-encoding and the folder names includes special chars.
- Fixed several issues and improved the Segment feature.
- Fixed issue initialising Trimming slider.
- Fixed "Ignore index" decode option.
- Fixed issue encoding to VP9.
- Fixed issue when selecting an aspect ratio 1.37:1
- Improved encoding to ProRes.
- The Merge filename dialog now uses the user Destination Folder or Same folder as source when enabled in the preferences.
- Changed Watch folder window to a document window.
- Corrected aligment of progress value in Dock Icon.
- Improved parsing audio streams with special characters in the handler name.
- Improved displaying output file path in popover.
- Upgraded to MediaInfo 0.7.83
- Updated several translations.
One of, if not the best encoder for Mac OSX. Highly customizable encoding options which makes this very powerful.
Supports almost any available container.
Top notch product.
Posted May 27, 2012 by Peter_H.
Tool version 3.0.1
using OS MacOSX
Ease of use 9
Value for money 10
Overall score 10
1 tool hits, Showing
NEW SOFTWARE= New tool since your last visit
NEW VERSION= New version since your last visit
NEW COMMENT= New comment since your last visit
Type and download NO MORE UPDATES? = The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years. NO LONGER DEVELOPED = The software hasn't been updated in over 3 years.
RECENTLY UPDATED = The software has been updated the last 31 days. Freeware = Free software. Free software = Free software and also open source code. Freeware/Ads = Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Free software/Ads = Free software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Trialware = Also called shareware or demo. Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions. Payware = No demo or trial available. Portable version = A portable/standalone version is available. No installation is required.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a BETA, RC(Release Candidate) and even a ALPHA version of the software.
Download (direct link) = A direct link to the software download.
Download (developer's site) = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64-bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = Portable/Standalone version meaning that no installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com.