What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or try PlayON and record Netflix, HBO, Hulu etc! :)
10 user region code comments
|July 15, 2007||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by Nick Travis, January 18 2003:|
This "hack" is based on the hack possible on the DAV S500 player.
Yes I have tried this on my DAV S400 (Reg.2) and it works. I am presented with a menu on my TV. However this menu is only informational in nature. No twiddling/hacking can be done.
I hope we are one step closer to hacking it the S550 though. Give it a try.
1 - Turn your S550 on with no disc inside.
2 - (ON THE EQUIPMENT NOT ON REMOTE) Press and hold both the Display and Stop keys while turning the volume control to the right. When your TV screen fickle, release the buttons. You should be seeing the Service Menu now.
3 - (Informational Only) Pressing various buttons will give you a variety of information regarding your hardware.
Once again, I hope this is usefull to anyone who can take it further and hack the S550.
|Region code hack posted by taz, February 17 2003:|
I've seen this set of instructions on the link below but you alos needed a chipped remote for it to work.
I am about to try this myself so if anyone can confirm this for me it would be great.............
|Region code hack posted by MackemX, March 09 2003:|
tells you in the link :)
|Region code hack posted by AB, April 05 2003:|
Here is the info you need (you cat get it from the DAV-S550 hacks on this site):
I got my Sony DAV-S550 codefree using the guide from:
Just instead of buying their remote control I used my PALM with OmniRemote (http://www.pacificneotek.com/software/OmniRemote.zip) and Sony_DVD_hack.pdb (http://dev0_2000.tripod.com/).
First you have to put your DVD in Service mode, then send numbers 1 to 5 with the PALM, switch the DVD off and its codefree.
|Region code hack posted by SonyFan, May 15 2003:|
This to confirm that hack posted by AB works.
I have a DAV 450 bought in Singapore and I followed the steps suggested on this forum and made it region free. I repeat most of the information below from other posts for sake of completeness. The only additional bit of information I have to add is in step 3.
1) Go into the services menu by
A) - Turn your S550 on with no disc inside.
B) - (ON THE EQUIPMENT NOT ON REMOTE) Press and hold both the Display and Stop keys while turning the volume control to the right. When your TV screen fickle, release the buttons. You should be seeing the Service Menu now.
This should be fairly easy. I got to this step without any troubles.
2) Instead of buying their remote control I used my PALM with OmniRemote (http://www.pacificneotek.com/software/OmniRemote.zip) and Sony_DVD_hack.pdb (http://dev0_2000.tripod.com/).
3) I send numbers 1 to 5 with the PALM as suggested and tried it a number of ways such as sending 1,1 2,2 3,3 etc.
I did NOT see any "data reset" or anything else displayed on the screen as reported in the forums elsewhere. That's why I kept on trying for about an hour with various codes and just as I was about to give up, lo and behold, I tried playing a region 1 DVD and it WORKED. The morale of the story is that keep a bunch of DVDs (with various codes) handy and try it out.
While pressing the buttons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 I did not notice anything unusual except button 2 would put the display into some kind of toggle mode but probably it is irrelevent and safe to ignore.
|Region code hack posted by Dave, July 15 2003:|
I have a NOKIA 7650 smartphone, and i`m using te ``total I-remote`` from ``PSILOC``. I used the hex codes listed above, but it didn`t work. The i-remote excepts the hex codes, but still no region 1 :-((
|Other hack posted by ANDI, December 01 2003:|
hi, my DAV S500 can be switched to Pal and Back by holding the pause button (on the player) and switching it on. it is explained in the early pages of the manual. maybe its the same with your S400.
good luck, andi
|Region code hack posted by Claire, December 05 2003:|
I have here a Palm hack that works. I got the instructions from this website and have rewritten them to make them easy to understand. I used a Palm V.
1) Go to http://www.pacificneotek.com browse DOWNLOAD and select the remote for MOST USERS. Don't download the v1.171 as this is not registered and certain features don't work. I donwloaded OmnniRemote Pro (which is free)
2) Go to http://dev0_2000.tripod.com and download the Sony_DVD_Hack.pdb
3) Install both files to your Palm Pilot
4) Turn your Sony DAV-S400 on with no disc inside.
5) ON THE EQUIPMENT NOT ON REMOTE - Press and hold both the Display and Stop keys while turning the volume control to the right. When your TV screen flickers, release the buttons. You should be seeing the Service Menu now.
6) Turn on the Palm Pilot and got to REMOTE feature
7) Make sure you select the SONY DVD HACK from the drop down menu in the top right-hand corner. The screen should show a row of buttons (ignore the screen instructions as they are for another SONY DVD Player)
8) I sent numbers 1 to 5 with the PALM and then turned off the DVD PLAYER using my normal remote (you will not see any messages on the screen telling you you have succeeded).
9) I tried playing a region 1 DVD and it WORKED.
Hope this helps all you out there.
|Region code hack posted by Paul, March 18 2005:|
Follow the Instructions from Claire, they are spot-on.
It didn't work first time for me, but I kept trying different different button combination on the Palm and hey, on the fourth try my S400 was magically region free!!
I used a Palm M105 with the software Claire describes (OmniRemote Pro appears to be free, despite what it says on the website)
Many thanks you guys.
|Region code hack posted by Mia, July 15 2007:|
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.