Auguest 18, 2018 D3DGear 5.00.2246
Improvied D3DGear 3D SBS movie recoridng function. D3DGear 3D SBS movie recording should work with most of Oculus Rift VR games.
Added new feature to produce Constant Frame Rate (CFR) movie. CFR movie is required to work with Adobe movie editing software.
Fixes the issue where green chroma key didn't work.Miscellaneous bug fixes.
More DirectX12 game fixes.
July 4, 2018 D3DGear 5.00.2233
Fixed several important bugs for DirectX12 games.
Fixes several important bugs for Recording Game Audio Only feature. Again, D3DGear is the only game recording software that supports recording only game audio and exclude background and other processes audio.
Miscellaneous bug fixes
May 26, 2018 D3DGear 5.00.2227
Added 120 FPS movie recording option. D3DGear is the only game recording software that truly supports 120 FPS movie recording function.
Fixes dark game screenshot issue.
Miscellaneous bug fixes.
April 1, 2018 D3DGear 5.00.2209
Fixed the issue where D3DGear didn't properly record Windows 10 Store games (UWP games). D3DGear is the only game recording software that can natively record, broadcast and benchmark Windows UWP game titles.
Fixed the issue where D3DGear failed to start on Windows XP. D3DGear is the only game recording software that still supports Windows XP.
Miscellaneous bug fixes.
Feburary 28, 2018 D3DGear 5.00.2195
Added new capability to support save Discord audio streams into separate standalone audio files.
Miscellanous bug fixes.
January 28, 2018 D3DGear 5.00.2191
D3DGear added a new feature to record main audio only from the current running game, background audio such as Skype audio, TeamSpeak audio, email notification audio and Youtube music will be excluded and will not be recorded.
Also with this new feature, D3DGear will be able to record TeamSpeak audio into separate audio file if TeamSpeak is currently running. Same as game audio, TeamSpeak audio will be recorded only from TeamSpeak application, it will not include background audio such as game audio.
This is an advanced unique feature that you will not find anywhere else.
January 15, 2018 D3DGear 5.00.2187
Added new feature to support save audio streams into separate standalone audio files.
Fixed a mysterious AAC sync issue that affected Chinese Windows 7 users.
Fixed AMD hardware encoder bug that was introduced by recent AMD driver update.
Recording and streaming no long needed to create a big temporary file in the movie save folder.
Fixed mouse cursor position issue in desktop region recording.
December 21, 2017 D3DGear 5.00.2173
Added new feature to take 360 panorama screenshots from Oculus Rift games.
Miscellaneous bug fixes.
October 8, 2017 D3DGear 5.00.2150
Improved Oculus Rift VR SBS recording qualiity and performance.
Improvied AAC audio codec quality.
Miscellaneous bug fixes.
June 18, 2017 D3DGear 5.00.2112
Added capability to record movie with AAC audio codec.
June 6, 2017 D3DGear 5.00.2108
Added capability to save movie in MP4 file format.Miscellaneous bug fixes.
May 15, 2017 D3DGear 5.00.2099
Fixed intermittent crashes when recording DirectX12 games.
Improved OpenGL games recording performance and quality.
March 18, 2017 D3DGear 5.00.2083
Added new feature to measure Oculus Rift games FPS number.
Added new feature to record Oculus Rift games to stunning HD SBS stereoscopic movies.
Added new feature to stream broadcast Oculus Rift games to twitch.tv or hitbot.tv or other stream servers as HD SBS stereoscopic movie.
D3DGear is the only game recording software on the planet that supports natively recording and streaming Oculus Rift games in HD SBS stereosopic movie format.
Miscellaneous bugs fixes.
February 4, 2017 D3DGear 5.00.2076
Added support to take screenshots for Vulkan API games. D3DGear is the only software currently support Vulkan API.
December 30, 2016 D3DGear 5.00.2073
Added support to measure and display FPS number for games using Vulkan API. D3DGear is the only software currently support Vulkan API.
November 12, 2016 D3DGear 5.00.2066
Fixed a high bitrate compression issue in Intel H.264 Hardware Encoder.
Miscellaneous bug fixes.
July 30, 2016 D3DGear 5.00.2045
Added new capture mode: Desktop Region capture mode. Desktop region capture mode was designed to capture only selected area of Windows desktop. Now D3DGear users are able to record and broadcast portion of desktop by using this new Desktop Region capture mode.
Jun 10, 2016 D3DGear 5.00.2030
Supported Intel HEVC hardware encoder. With help from Intel team, D3DGear now is able to encode movie by utilizing latest Intel HEVC hardware encoder. Intel HEVC hardware encoder is currently available on Intel Skylake chip.
May 26, 2016 D3DGear 4.99.2022
Supported to natively record, broadcast and benchmark Windows 10 UWP based game titles. D3DGear is the only game recording software that can natively record, broadcast and benchmark Windows UWP game titles such as Gear of Ware Ultimate, Forza Motorsport 6.
May 1, 2016 D3DGear 4.99.2015
Introduced "Capture mode" feature, supporting game capture mode and desktop capture mode.
Fixed the broadcasting tab crash issue.
Replaced broadcasting audio codec from MP3 to AAC. This should solve hitbox.tv broadcasting audio problem.
Miscellaneous bug fixes and minor improvement.
February 28, 2016 D3DGear 4.99.1991
Supported Twitchalerts overly and Streampro overlay.
Fixed Adobe Premiere and Sony Vegas decoding issues.
January 10, 2016 D3DGear 4.99.1972
Added capability to save broadcast streams into local movie file.
Added capability to record game sound from non-default audio play back device.
Fixed the issue where GTA V frame rate was not displayed correctly.
December 6, 2015 D3DGear 4.99.1967
Improved OpenGL game recording and broadcasting performance.
November 17, 2015 D3DGear SDK Version 4.98.1966
D3DGear SDK now supports DirectX 12 API.
D3DGear SDK static library now is Microsoft Visual Studio 10 and Microsoft Visual Studio 12 compatible.
October 20, 2015 Version 4.98.1958
D3DGear now fully support Microsoft DirectX 12 API. D3DGear users now can record and live stream DX12 game titles. Here is a recording demo of DX12 game Ashes of the Singularity.
September 10, 2015 Version 4.97.1955
Improved DX10 and DX11 game recording and game live streaming performance.
August 01, 2015 Version 4.96.1946
Added functionality to broadcast gameplay to multiple servers simultaneously. D3DGear is the only broadcasting software that currently supports this feature. Gamers can use this feature to broadcast to twitch.tv and hitbox.tv simultaneously, hence has more opportunity to monetization.
July 01, 2015 Version 4.96.1940
Fixed DayZ game recording issue.
Improved audio quality for both recording and live streaming.
May 10, 2015 Version 4.94.1934
Fixed the issue where D3DGear caused game GTAV to crash on its startup.
January 1, 2015 Version 4.93.1910
Added Mantle video recording and streaming support. D3DGear now is the only video game recorder software that can record and stream Mantle enabled video game titles natively.
Drastically improved D3DGear H.264 encoder. D3DGear H.264 encoder performance is on par or better than x264 encoder.
October 28, 2014 Version 4.92.1894
Improved D3DGear broadcasting performance.
September 28, 2014 Version 4.91.1893
Added capability to record movie with AMD, Intel and Nvidia H.264 hardware GPU encoder.
Added low latency audio recording mode that required for game Rocksmith 2014. D3DGear recording now works with game Rocksmith 2014 even in exclusive audio mode, recorded movie does not have audio delay issue.
August 8, 2014 Version 4.88.1888
D3DGear now supports Mantle enabled game title, only FPS feature is enabled for now.
June 28, 2014 Version 4.79.1875
Minor bug fixes.
May 1, 2014 Version 4.69.1865
Improved live stream quality and performance.
January 11, 2014 Version 4.50.1846
Fixed the issue that D3DGear broadcasting function stopped working with twitcht.tv. twitch.tv site recently made some changes to improve broadcasting performance. With these changes, it requires client broadcasting software to stream with very restricted format. D3DGear broadcasting engine was reworked to meet these requirements.
Improved D3DGear recording and broadcasting performance.
Fixed the issue where D3DGear didn't work properly if logon user is Standard User.
November 1, 2013 Version 4.44
Fixes some minor issues.
August 16, 2013 Version 4.41.1832
Fixed the issue where D3DGear didn't work with some types of WebCam.
August 16, 2013 Version 4.39.1832
Fixed a memory allocation issue that might cause D3DGear to crash when system is on low memory.
July 24, 2013 Version 4.35.1827
Added new cool black user interface, usre now can choose classic user interface and new black user interface.
Added volume adjustment capability. User now can adjust volume of game sound and microphone sound.
Improved game braodcasting performance
May 28, 2013 Version 4.20.1812
Added new Face Camera Overlay feature. User now can add Face Camera overlay while recording game play to movie or broadcasting game play to web.
Added support to Huffyuv lossless codec.
Added capabilities to specify encoding quality and encoding threads. With these capabilities, user has great control on encoding performance, quality and file size.
April 28, 2013 Version 4.19.1808
Fixed the issue where D3DGear didn't work on Windows 8 when Secure Boot feature is enabled.
March 18, 2013 Version 4.18.1800
D3DGear 4.18 has passed Microsoft compatibility and reliability test, and has received Windows 8 Compatible and Windows 7 Compatible Logo Certification.
Fixed an audio recording issue which might caused the "click" noise in recorded movie.
Added capability to login to twtich.tv/ustream.tv server with username and password.
Improved video game broadcasting performance.
January 10, 2013 Version 4.17.1528
Improved D3DGear Video Game Live Streaming/Broadcasting network upload performance.
Improved D3DGear Video Game Live Streaming/Broadcasting codec compression quality. Thanks Jens from Eyeballers for reporting broadcasting issues to us.
September 16, 2012 Version 4.15.1504
Added new feature: Game Broadcasting.
Improved overall recording performance.
Improved MJPG codec compression performance and quality. MJPG compression quality is close to lossless.
Audio stream in AVI file now is compressed with MP3 codec.
Fixed the issue where D3DGear didn't work with game WoW 64.
Fixed the issue where D3DGear didn't work steam game Team Fortress2 and Counter-Strike: Source.
Fixed the issue where D3DGear "Run when Windows Starts" option didn't work.
March 21, 2012 Version 4.14.1396
Improved movide codec memory footprint.
Fixed the issue where D3DGear didn't work with game "Legacy Of Kain - Defiance". Thanks Zygfryd for reporting this issue to us.
Fixed the issue where D3DGear didn't work with 3D application LIGHTCONVERSE.
January 15, 2012 Version 4.13.1377
Drastically improved movie recording performance and memory footprint.
Drastically improved movie recording quality.
November 15, 2011 Version 4.11.1363
Resolved recording performance in DX11 game. Thanks Jens for reporting this problem to us.
Fixed the issue where D3DGear didn't work with Microsoft Flight Simulator X.
September 20, 2011 Version 4.10.1334
Improved DX10 and DX11 recording quality.
Resolved the issue where D3DGear didn't work on some old DX9 cards.
August 16, 2011 Version 4.09.1325
Add capability to disable FPS function from FPS setting tab.
Add support to record movie with Microsoft VC-1 codec. User now can select to record movie with either Microsoft WMV codec or Microsoft VC-1 codec.
Add support to record movie with multi-channel surround sounds (5.1/7.1).
Add capability to force recording movie with stereo sound and ignore other surround sound channels.
Fixed the issue where recording movie in HD could produce some slow motion clip and audio off sync during playback.
July 18, 2011 Version 4.08.1319
Fixed the issue where recorded movie couldn't be accessed by software Sony Vegas.
July 08, 2011 Version 4.07.1315
Added new capability to record movie sound with Windows Loopback Recording feature.
Added new capability to record movie with mouse cursor.
Fixed the issue where D3DGear didn't work with some Source Engine games. Thanks Cedric for report this problem to us.
Fixed the issue where D3DGear would cause Crysis 1 x64 to crash on exit. Thanks Erik for reporting this problem to us.
June 26, 2011 Version 4.06
Fixed borken PunkBuster Compatible Mode that caused user to be kicked in some games. Thanks Gjee for reporting this issue to us.
March 30, 2011 Version 4.05
Fixed the compatible issue in latest Windows 7 64 update. The issue could cause system to hang during boot up.
March 18, 2011 Version 4.04
* Added new feature "Stream Video".
February 07, 2011 Version 4.03
* Fixed the gamma issue that caused incorrect brightness in recorded movie. Thanks Erik for helping us identify the issue.
* Fixed the issue where FPS didn't show in some of DX10 games.
* Fixed the issue where movie recording didn't work in some of DX11 games.
January 20, 2011 Version 4.02
* Fixed the issue where D3DGear would cause some old OpenGL games to crash.
January 15, 2011 Version 4.00
* Fixed the issue where D3DGear would cause Steam game Mafia II to fail to load. Thanks Stefan for reporting this issue to us.
* Fixed the issue where D3DGear didn't work with game Assassin's Creed 2. Thanks Justus for reporting this issue to us.
* Fixed the image quality issue in OpenGL movie recording. Thanks Justus for reporting this issue to us.
December 24, 2010 Version 3.99
* Fixed the issue where D3DGear would cause Steam game to fail to start.
December 23, 2010 Version 3.98
* Fixed the issue where D3DGear 3.97 would cause some game to crash.
December 20, 2010 Version 3.97
Improved video game recording performance by using latest Microsoft WMV9 codec
August 21, 2010 Version 3.88
* Fixed the issue where movie recording could cause some DX11 games to crash.
* Fixed the issue where movie file of certain resolutions could become corrupted.
August 15, 2010 Version 3.87
* Fixed the issue where D3DGear 3.86 could cause some DX10 games to crash.
August 13, 2010 Version 3.86
* Improved movie recording performance and recorded movie quality.
July 12, 2010 Version 3.81
* Fixed the issue where movie record didn't work correctly with Windows 7 x64 Aero Desktop.
June 27, 2010 Version 3.80
* Fixed Windows Remote Access Connection Manager crash issue.
* Fixed the issue where TimeStamp was not displayed in recorded movie correctly.
* Improved WMV movie capturing performance.
* Fixed the issue where Dllhost could appear in Recent Game list.
* Fixed the movie file size issue.
March 04, 2010 Version 3.60
* Fixed the issue where D3DGear movie capture feature didn't work correctly on Windows 7 x64. Thanks Dustin and Juan for reporting this problem to us.
February 21, 2010 Version 3.59
* Fixed the issue where D3DGear framerate didn't work with game Lost Planet (DX10).
November 21, 2009 Version 3.55
* Fixed the issue where D3DGear screenshot capture didn't work with NVIDIA Ocean DirectCompute demo.
November 01, 2009 Version 3.53
* Added support to DirectX 11.
* Fixed the issue where frame rate was not displayed at correct position.
August 04, 2009 Version 3.48
* Fixed the issue where D3DGera screenshot capture didn't work in SpecViewPerf 10.0 when antialiasing was turned on.
* Fixed the issue where D3DGear 3.38 would cause Call of Duty 2 to crash. Thanks Paul for reporting this issue to us.
Jun 02, 2009 Version 3.39
* Fixed the issue where D3DGear 3.38 would cause Windows 7 x64 to hang during start up. Thanks to Chris for reporting this issue to us.
May 12, 2009 Version 3.38
* Added support to Windows 7
Apr 14, 2009 Version 3.33
* Fully supports DirectX 10 game, including movie recording, screenshot capture and framerate measurement.
* Fixed the issue where movie recording didn't work properly for OpenGL and DirectX8 game if small movie resolution was selected.
Apr 04, 2009 Version 3.32
* Fixed the problem where FPS didn't show in some DX10 games.
Mar 24, 2009 Version 3.30
* Added long waited support to DirectX 10.
Mar 11, 2009 Version 3.28
* Fixed the problem where D3DGear 3.27 didn't work with game Warcraft (OpenGL mode). Thanks again to pt-unda from Russia for reporting this problem to us.
Mar 05, 2009 Version 3.27
* Fixed the issue where D3DGear 3.25 would cause Vista DWM DreamScene to hang. Thanks Nik for reporting this problem to us.
* Fixed the problem where D3DGear 3.25 didn't work with game Warcraft. Thanks pt-unda from Russia for reporting this problem to us.
* Vista DWM Recording now includes mouse cursor.
Feb 22, 2009 Version 3.25
* Re-enabled Vista Desktop recording feature. This feature was temporarily disabled when we released previous version.
* Please note, to start/stop recording Vista Desktop, user needs to select "Start DWM Recording"/"Stop DWM Recording" from D3DGear systray menu.
Jan 30, 2009 Version 3.24
* Fixed the problem where D3DGear cause OpenGL game, Doom3/Quake4, to crash.
* Fixed the problem where D3DGear didn't work in Windows Vista 64 or Windows XP 64.
* Ingame Desktop feature and Performance Analyze feature were temporarily disabled. Because a ongoing project that we are developing for a customer, we lack of development resource to maintain those two features. We apologize for that.
July 17, 2008 Version 3.16
* Fixed the problem where D3DGear didn't work with game Soldier Front. Thanks to Adam for reporting this problem to us.
Apr 22, 2008 Version 3.15
* Improved movie recording performance while recording game into WMV movie file format.
* Fixed the problem where Windows desktop effect and clear type font settings were lost after exiting from D3DGear Ingame Desktop. Thanks to Paul for reporting this problem to us.
Mar 26, 2008 Version 3.11
* Fixed the issue where D3DGear did not work with CoD4 MP. The problem was caused by recent PunkBuster update.
* Fixed the issue where, in Media Player Classic, FPS did not show at proper posisition.
* Fixed the problem where FPS font size slide bar did not work properly in earlier version.
Mar 09, 2008 Version 3.10
* Fixed the issue where D3DGear Ingame Desktop would cause Windows desktop background color inadvertently be changed to black.
* Fixed the issue where screenshot and movie recording feature was not working properly after enabling Ingame Desktop.
Feb 03, 2008 Version 3.08
* Fixed the issue where D3DGear Ingame Desktop would keep flickering when application "Steam Windows Client" was opened. Thanks Paul for reporting this problem to us.
Jan 24, 2008 Version 3.06
* D3DGear Version 3.06 fixed the issue where, in game Call of Duty 4, D3DGear user would be kicked by PunkBuster for the error "Disallowed Program/Driver".
Jan 20, 2008 Version 3.03
* Version 3.03 improves hotkey detection; user now can press the D3DGear hotkey at same time while pressing other key to keep game going. Thanks for yoyo-do forum reporting this problem.
Jan 14, 2008 Version 3.02
* Fixed the problem where the PunkBuster Compatible Mode was broken in D3DGear 3.00. Thanks David E for reporting this problem to us.
* Fixed the problem where D3DGear would cause CoD4 to crash when PAM4 was enabled. Thanks David E for reporting this problem to us.
Jan 06, 2008 Version 3.00
* Introduce new feature: Ingame Desktop.
December 23, 2007 Version 2.34
Fixed a D3DGear logo display issue that would happen in Vista Aero Desktop. Thanks Dave for reporting this problem to us.
December 18, 2007 Version 2.32
Fixed the 16bit AVI movie color distortion issue. Thanks Ashley for reporting this problem to us.
December 15, 2007 Version 2.31
Fixed the bug that caused game Call of Duty 4 to crash while changing game resolution.
December 09, 2007 Version 2.30
* Added new feature to allow user save PerfGraph data into CSV file.
December 02, 2007 Version 2.22
* Fixed the bug where D3DGear didn't work with game Shaiya.
December 01, 2007 Version 2.21
* Fixed the problem where PerfGraph didn't work with DX8 game.
* Fixed the intermittent crash that happened when DirectX device was Reset.
* Add new feature to monitor disk space during movie recording. If low hard disk space is detected, the movie recording will be stopped automatically and warning message will be given to user.
* File name of motive and screen now includes timestamp when it is taken.
* Movie file is automatically split to multiple files; the size of each file is 2G bytes or less.
November 21, 2007 Version 2.20
* D3DGear control panel interface was reworked to be more user friendly.
* Added "Default" button into control panel to reset settings to default.
* Added new feature to record game into MPEG movie; movie size is reduced dramatically.
* Added new feature to save screen shot into DDS picture format.
* Fixed the problem where D3DGear didn't work properly if multi sample was enabled.
* Fixed the problem where D3DGear screen shot and movie recording didn't work on Vista 64.
* Fixed the problem where D3DGear didn't work with Vista Media Player and Movie Maker.
* Systray Integration feature was removed; it will be replaced with a fantastic new feature scheduled to be released soon.
September 26, 2007 Version 2.03
* Added a new menu item, Recent Games, to D3DGear systray right click menu. Recent Games lists the recent 3D games you have played. That allows you to select and launch your favorite game directly from there.
* Fixed the intermittent problem where D3DGear sometime would cause Vista Aero Desktop to hang.
* Improved D3DGear loading performance on Vista Aero Desktop (DWM).
* Fixed the problem where D3DGear would cause Windows XP Explorer to hang.
September 12, 2007 Version 2.00
* Fixed the problem where Vista Aero desktop sometime would become pixelated.
* Fixed the problem where D3DGear would cause Xfire to crash on Vista 64.
August 28, 2007 Version 1.98
* Fixed the problem where PunkBuster Compatible Mode didn't work with game FEAR and application Media Player Classic.
* Add a new option in settings General page to enable/disable D3DGear working with Vista DWM.
August 18, 2007 Version 1.97
* Fixed the problem where frame rate didn't show in Vista DWM.
* Fixed the problem where movie recording sometimes didn't work properly in Vista DWM.
* Improved D3DGear initialization performance.
July 02, 2007 Version 1.96
* Fixed the problem where D3DGear didn't work with game Tomb Raider Anneversary.
May 21, 2007 Version 1.95
* Fixed the problem where, on Vista 32, D3DGear didn't work with game World of Warcraft.
* Fixed the issue where, on Vista 32, D3DGear would randomly crashed in Vista DWM.
* Improved movie recording performance.
May 16, 2007 Version 1.94
* Fixed the problem where D3DGear didn't work with FIFA 2006.
* Fixed the problem where D3DGear didn't work with Urban Jungle.
* Improved apperance of framerate font.
Apr 30, 2007 Version 1.93
* Fixed the issue where D3DGear didn't work with Windows Vista 64 Desktop Window Manager.
Apr 22, 2007 Version 1.92
* Integrated with Windows Vista DWM (Desktop WIndow Manager). The integration allows user to record Windows Vista Aero into movie.
* Added support to new IDirect3D9Ex interface. The IDirect3D9Ex is new DirectX interface that introduced in Vista. It is mainly developed for Vista DWM and Window Aero.
* Added handy systray right-click menu. The right click-menu provides user easy access to "Setting Properties", "Screenshot Save Folder", "Movie Save Folder", "Help" and "Exit". It also allows user to start or stop recording Windows Vista Aero.
* Added new stroke font to display FPS, movie recording notification and other information. The new stroke font has dynamic line width so it has better visiability in the window with big resolution.
* Solved the issue where the recorded movie is not playable in Vista. The problem was originally introduced in Windows Media Format SDK and Windows Vista SDK; it caused that WMV file with the uncompressed audio cannot be palybacked in Vista Media Player 11. D3DGear is the first developer that locates and fixes the problem.
* Fixed an issue where Vista Media Player 11 would crash if D3DGear was enabled.
Mar 07, 2007 Version 1.90
* Added x64 OS support, including Windows Vista x64 and Windows XP x64.
* Added improvement in running on Windows Vista; users no longer are required to elevate 3D application to run under admin privilege.
* Fixed a crash that would randomly occur when recording movie from a windowed 3D application.
* Added enhancement of Punkbuster Compatible mode to support DirectX8 application. This enhancement is required to solve the issue where American Army user would be kicked from Punkbuster enabled server.
* Added support to legacy IDirectInputDevice2 interface
Feb 10, 2007 Version 1.81
* Added a new option, audio Volume button, to movie recording. The Volume button gives user an option to manually select audio input source and its volume for movie recording. This solves the problem where the audio of recorded movie appears too low when Sound Blaster Audigy audio card was used.
* Added two new curves to PerfGraph: Total Drawn Primitives, Vertex Buffer Lock Calls.
* Added menu shortcut of offline help document.
* Added default hotkey of framerate, screenshot, and movie recording.
* D3DGear UI was change to have XP style.
Jan 16, 2007 Version 1.80
* Added new feature: PerfGraph.
* Added new feature: PunkBuster Compatible mode.
* Added new feature: FPS hotkey.
Jan 1, 2007 Version 1.74
* Fixed the problem where, in hotkey setting, some extended key name was not properly resolved.
* Added support to some wireless keyboard.
* Corrected a typo in local FAQ file.
Dec 18, 2006 Version 1.73
* Fixed the bug where D3DGear would crash if movie save folder or screenshot save folder do not exist.
* Fixed the problem where D3DGear movie recording was not compatible with some of sound card such as SigmaTel and C-Media; this resulted that recoarded movie would not have audio.
* Added code to enhance DirectInput7 support. This is required in order to work with some of game emulator such as ePSXe. Those game emulators normally use old DirectInput API and DirectX API.
Nov 18, 2006 Version 1.71
* Fixed crash in Call of Duty 2.
* Fixed the problem where movie recording and screen shot would not work if anti-alias was turned on.
Nov 12, 2006 Version 1.70
* Fixed the problem where screenshot capture didn't work in Maya 8.0.
* Added help document.
Oct 29, 2006 Version 1.69
* Added new feature to support create hotkey of any combination of keys. Users now can use up to 3 keys combinatio to create Screenshot and Movie Recording hotkey.
* Added Splash screen while the initialization is in progress.
* Fixed the intermittent problem where the MS explorer.exe would crash if D3DGear was launched multiple times.
* Fixed the issue where DirectX8 game would crash if DirectX debug mode was enabled..
* Fixed the problem where movie record would crash in Full size recording mode.
Oct 16, 2006 - Version 1.68
* Added new feature to support record movie to Microsoft WMV format. WMV file does not have 2 GB limitation as AVI file has. This makes recorded movie to be any length you like.
* Improved the performance of movie record, reduces the size of output movie.
* Fixed the problem where movie recording feature does not work in game Oblivion.
* Fixed the problem where movie record would crash in Full size recording mode.
* Added support to OpenGL 1.5 and OpenGL 2.0.
* The default save folder of Screen shot Capture and Movie Record was changed from D3DGear installation directory to standard user temp directory. This solves issue where, in Windows Vista, applications are no longer able to write to Program File directory.
Sep 24, 2006 - Version 1.67
* Fixes random crashes in applications after D3DGear was enabled.
* FPS now can be measured in milliseconds instead of seconds.
* Changes to use new vector fonts (New Times) to display FPS and other notifications.
Sep 03, 2006 - Version 1.66
* Fixes the video/audio sync problem in movie recording.
* Fixes audio mixer setting problem in movie recording.
Aug 30, 2006 - Version 1.65
* Add new functions to upport recording both game video and audio into movie.
July 30, 2006 - Version 1.64
* Fixed the problem where software would not work with game GTR 2, FIFA 06, Warcraft III and Painkiller.
* Fixed the problem that the systray icon mirroring feature would not work with DirectX 8 games.
July 23, 2006 - Version 1.63
* Fixed memory leak issue in the funtionality of movie recording.
* Fixed problem that software would not work with Google Earth (OpenGL mode).
* Improved performance of movie recording.
* Improved Software initial loading time.
* Fixed problem where AVI file sometimes were corrupted if user closed game too soon before stop movie recording. 6. Fixed problem that software would not work with Maya 7.0.
July 04, 2006 - Version 1.62
* The D3DGear 1.62 build 1028 was released on July 04. This release added the capability to support obsolete DirectInput7 API. This capability is required in order to work with game Prey. (Prey is an OpenGL game that utilizes DirectInput7 API as its input source).