Notable changes in version 5.0 (Build 178)
Slide length is no longer editable when Fit Compilation to Audio is selected for a picture slideshow.
Notable changes in version 5.0 (Build 157)
Fixed a bug that could cause audio synchronization problems on Blu-ray Disc projects when using some MPEG-2 source media.
Notable changes in version 5.0 (Build 156)
Fixed a bug that prevented DVD Architect Studio from opening AC-3 Studio files rendered by Vegas Pro and Vegas Movie Studio software.
Fixed a bug that could cause DVD Architect Studio to crash when opening some M2TS files.
Fixed a bug that caused the Show Me How tutorial index to be displayed in English when running localized versions of DVD Architect Studio.
Fixed a bug that could cause problems when setting the Destination value for an end in the Japanese version of DVD Architect Studio.
Notable changes in Version 5.0 (Build 150)
New Microsoft Image Mastering API (IMAPI) disc drivers
Notable fixes/changes in version 5.0b
* Fixed a bug that prevented markers from being saved to .m2ts files.
* Fixed a bug that prevented subtitles from being turned off via end actions in Blu-ray Disc projects.
Notable fixes/changes in version 5.0a
* Added support for markers rendered in AVC by Vegas Pro 8.0c.
* Improved stability when working with projects containing a large number of files.
* Fixed a bug that caused In/Out points to be ignored within Blu-ray Disc projects.
* Fixed a bug that prevented the Initial audio track, Initial subtitle track, and Initial video angle settings from working properly within Blu-ray Disc projects.
What's New in Version 5.0
* Burning to Blu-ray Disc
* Full-screen previewing to secondary Windows display
* Support for opening MPEG-2 and AVCHD video files
* Support for using AC3 and PCM audio with HD video
* Support for creating .iso files and burning to DVD or Blu-ray Disc
Notable Fixes/Changes in Version 4.5c
* Fixed a bug that prevented the language selection button from being displayed on audio track headers.
* Fixed a bug that caused long ToolTips to flicker.
* Fixed a bug when registering the MPEG plug-in during the installation of certain older versions of Sony Creative Software Inc. software.
* Fixed a focus problem when using the Show Me How tutorials.
Notable Fixes/Changes in Version 4.5b DVD Architect Studio 4.5
Added Spanish language support.
Fixed a crash that could occur when your Windows user account is a member of a large number of groups.
Notable Fixes/Changes in Version 4.5a DVD Architect Studio 4.5
Added Japanese, French, and German language support.
What's New in Version 4.5 DVD Architect Studio 4.5
Adjustable markers in picture compilations to control picture slide duration.
Simulate preview on 4:3 and 16:9 monitors.
Ability to burn 8-cm camcorder DVD discs to 12-cm standard DVD discs.
Ability to specify random playback order for playlists.
Improved DVD size estimation.
What�s New in Version DVD Architect Studio Pro 4.5
Support for Microsoft� Windows� Vista�.
Support for FLAC
Notable Fixes/Changes in Version 4.0b
* Performance has been improved when using music compilations that contain a large number of items.
* A bug has been fixed that required English naming of .psd layers in the German version of the application.
* A bug has been fixed that prevented buttons from being created when importing .psd menus in the French version of the application.
* An issue has been fixed that prevented custom highlight masks from being applied correctly when importing a menu from a .psd file.
* A bug has been fixed that could cause some software-based DVD players to display incorrect chapter numbers.
* A bug has been fixed that could cause subtitle text to appear keyframed when previewing your project. Keyframing is not supported for subtitles.
* An issue has been fixed that could cause playback of burned DVDs to fail on some DVD players due to a navigation error.
Notable Fixes/Changes in Version 4.0a
* DVD Architect can now detect MPEG-2 files with an .mpv extension.
* Resolved an issue with the Button Overlap colors not resetting when the Default All button button was clicked.
* Resolved an issue with scene selection menus improperly inheriting the keyframe transformation information from the parent menu.
* Resolved an issue in the Crop and Adjust dialog where adding a keyframe at the end of the timeline would clear the Crop and Adjust Properties.
* Resolved an issue with scene selection menus where the first chapter name was not displayed properly.
* Resolved an issue where inserting a keyframe via the shortcut menu did not properly update the cursor position.
* Resolved an issue with thumbnail images not displaying properly in scene selection menus when using certain themes.
* Resolved an issue where altering the order of assets within the Project Overview would cause the Button Order functionality to behave unpredictably.
* Resolved an issue with Pioneer BD-101 drives not appearing as a selectable drive within the drive list.
* Resolved an issue with the sample rate of Cinescore-authored audio.
* Resolved a crash that occurred if the DVD Architect detected certain Matsushita Blu-Ray drives.
DVD Architect 4 New General Features:
* Scripting support offers the ability to create simple games, custom kiosks automation, and locking passcodes
* Random playlist playback
* Parental Control
* Support for Sony Cinescore� music-generation plug-in
* DVD-R DL Support
DVD Architect 4 New Editing and Layout Features
* Keyframeable transformations
* Keyframeable crop and effects
* Additional marker types
* Graphical subtitles
* Title reordering
* Snap to I-Frame � provides precise chapter layout
* 4:3 and 16:9 preview settings
* Greater than 100% zoom
DVD Architect 4 New Audio and Video Features
* Buttons on Video
* Crop and adjust dialog
* Slideshow animations
* Picture slideshow duration
* ATRAC support
DVD Architect 4 New Testing and Burning Features
* Burn mastered folder
* 8cm to 12cm DVD copy
* Button overlap indication
Notable Fixes/Changes in Version 3.0c
* A bug has been fixed that caused layers to be flattened when pasting attributes of buttons created from layered .psd files.
* A bug has been fixed that caused theme exporting to fail when overwriting an existing theme.
* A bug has been fixed that could cause a crash when deleting files from the Project Overview window with a track selected in the Timeline window.
* A bug has been fixed that could prevent some DVD Architect projects from opening.
* A bug has been fixed that could cause button images to be displayed incorrectly after replacing individual images with layers from a PSD file.
* An Enable progressive render of DVD menus check box has been added to the General tab of the Preferences dialog:
When the check box is selected, all noncompliant menus in your project will be rendered as progressive-scan video.
When the check box is cleared, all noncompliant menus in your project will be rendered as interlaced video.
If you use a background video in your menus, we recommend rendering the video in progressive-scan format before adding it to your project and leaving the Enable progressive render of DVD menus check box selected. Progressive-scan menus will provide the sharpest-looking text and highest level of DVD player compatibility.
Note: Some DVD players will not display the last frame of a menu correctly when using interlaced background video.
If you change the setting of this check box after preparing your project, the change will not take effect until you clear the Enable smart prepare check box.
Notable Fixes/Changes in Version 3.0b
* The Extras folder file size limit has been changed from 1GB to 2GB.
* A bug has been fixed that could prevent chapter markers from working with multiangle video titles.
* A bug has been fixed that could cause subtitles to be displayed for the duration of a video event.
Notable Fixes/Changes in Version 3.0a
* A bug has been fixed that could cause layer-break issues when creating a master with Opposite track path selected from the Direction of translation drop-down list in the Mastering page of the Properties dialog.
* A bug has been fixed that caused the Initial subtitle track setting in the Project Properties to revert to 1 after choosing Off and closing the dialog.
* A bug has been fixed that could cause audio and video to fall out of synchronization when recompressing the video stream.
* A bug has been fixed that prevented you from replacing a graphic with another image via the Properties window.
* A bug has been fixed that prevented you from preparing and burning projects with more than 99 menus.
* A bug has been fixed that could cause a white outline to be displayed around imported PSD files.
* A check box has been added to the Make DVD wizard to allow you to eject the disc after burning.
What�s New 3.0
* Smart Prepare technology to reduce project preparation time
* Alternate video angles
* Dual-layer mastering and burning support
* Mastering tools for single- or dual-layer discs with DLT, DVD-5, and DVD-9 output
* Support for region coding to restrict DVD playback to certain regions of the world Region information is not encoded on DVDs you burn with DVD Architect software; the software sets a region flag that is encoded by a replication facility.
* Support for setting CSS (Content Scramble System) and Macrovision (Type I, II, and III) copy-protection flags when creating mastersDVD Architect software sets the flags for CSS and Macrovision copy protection; the encoding/encryption must be added by the mastering or replication facility. Ability to write multimedia content to your DVD
* Ability to specify a jacket picture that is displayed when the DVD player is idle or when the screensaver is active (see the Disc Properties page in the Project Properties window)
* Media effects: brightness and contrast, auto levels, colorize, and crop (on the Menu Page Properties, Music Compilation Properties, Picture Compilation Properties, Media Properties, Video Event Properties, and Graphics Properties windows and with a separate Crop and Adjust window)
* Antiflicker filter (on the General page of the Menu Page Properties, Music Compilation Properties, Picture Compilation Properties, and Media Properties windows)
* Menu entry and loop point
* Import menus from layered .psd files that include menu backgrounds, button images, thumbnail masks, frame masks, and highlight masks
* Automatic button actions
* Theme export (support for grid and positional themes)
* Menu button navigation tool
* Optimize dialog enhancements
* Ability to view and edit media-level properties
* Copy and paste attributes (button frame, media effects, text properties, size, and position)
* Ability to edit a media file's source project.
* Erase DVD (accessible from the File menu)
Fixes in Version 2.0b
* A bug has been fixed that could prevent burning to -R/-RW media when using the Matsushita UJ-810 drive.
* A bug has been fixed that could prevent burning to -RW media when using the LG/Iomega GSA-4081B drive.
* A bug has been fixed that would prevent saving of chapter markers to MPEG files from the Timeline window.
* A bug has been fixed that prevented preview on an external 4:3 NTSC monitor until you reapplied the NTSC DV setting in the Format drop-down list on the Video Device tab of the Preferences dialog.
Notable Changes/Fixes in Version 2.0a
A bug has been fixed that caused the Explorer window to lose its Favorites settings if the list was too long. Favorites are now saved in the following file: C:Documents and Settings<username>Application DataSonyDVD Architect2.0ExplorerFavorites.txt. The file is saved whenever you close the Explorer window or exit the application. You can copy the file to different computers or user accounts to migrate Favorites settings.
To see this file, you must have the Show hidden files and folders radio button selected on the View tab of the Folder Options Control Panel.
A bug has been fixed that could prevent text-only buttons from being displayed on a burned DVD when a video was used as the menu background.
A bug has been fixed that caused projects with 24p menus to fail during disc preparation.
A bug has been fixed that could cause audio to drop out when previewing files from the Media Explorer window.
Video performance has been improved during project preview.
DVD Architect software now checks your project for overly complex subtitles and menu highlight masks before preparing the disc.
A bug has been fixed that prevented still menus with audio from looping.
A bug has been fixed that incorrectly considered some menus with text and graphics as compliant. This could result in missing text, buttons, and graphics on menus.
A bug has been fixed that could cause audio to play back at an accelerated rate on some DVD players when using 24-bit PCM audio.
A bug that could cause broken or incorrect chapter links when opening a DVD Architect 1.0 project has been fixed.
A bug has been fixed that caused external monitor preferences to be discarded when using a 16:9 external monitor.
A bug has been fixed that prevented markers from being loaded from elementary video streams (.m2v) rendered in Vegas software.
A bug has been fixed that caused DVD Architect to crash when previewing or preparing a disc while the application was building peaks for an AC-3 file.
A bug that caused DVD Architect to recompress some compliant media when loading a DVD Architect 1.0 project has been fixed.
What's New in Version 2.0
End actions for menus and media files
Multiple audio tracks
User-defined navigation for each button
Enable/suspend of DVD player remote control buttons during menus, media files, picture slideshows, and music compilations.
Improved masking for buttons and frames (available in the Graphics controls in the Button Properties settings).
Elementary stream import
External monitor preview
Streamlined menu and object properties editing
Copy media with project during project save
No encoding of compliant menu pages
Support for 24p MPEG files and preparation of 24p DVD projects
Menu transitions via end actions
All news: http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/products/DVDArchitect2NewFeatures.pdf