What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
4 user region code comments
|March 25, 2006||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by jeff777, December 15 2004:|
1) With remote control, power the DVD player on.
2) With remote control, open the DVD tray.
3) With remote control, select SETUP.
4) With remote control, press the VOLUME UP button, then the VOLUME DOWN button, then the VOLUME UP button again and finally the VOLUME DOWN button again.
5) You should now see a number 2 on your screen. If you do not, this hack will not work on your system or you have done something wrong. If you do see the number 2 on the screen, proceed to 6).
6) Use the LEFT and/or RIGHT arrow to select the number 255.
7) When you see the number 255, press the SELECT button.
8) Press the SETUP button again to end procedure.
|Region code hack posted by RayH, May 18 2005:|
Newer Sungale 2026 players are a bit easier to set up:
1. Open the tray
2. Press "Setup": Menu Screen should appear
3. Press "8-8-8-8" Region number should appear on upper right corner. No other notation. Typically just the numeral "1".
4. Use the right (->) or left (<-) arrow keys to change the region. "255" all region.
5. Press "Setup" to exit.
Tested Region 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 PAL and NTSC disks. They all work just fine on an older US NTSC TV. It's a little bigger than the Cyberhome, but works much better. There is no jerking at chapters with either factory or homemade discs. Plays VCDs just fine.
Sniff around the internet. This machine is availabe as of 5-18-05 for about $29 plus shipping ($11). Arrived in two days.
|Other hack posted by Hurricane, January 23 2006:|
If you do the Setup>8888 thing you get a region code 1-6 & 255.
Well if you press up and down on the directional pad you also get 3001 and 4001 these can be changed to 3000 and 4000, I know that one of them is a Macrovision on/off flag but I don't know what the other is.
|Region code hack posted by Streetmedik, March 25 2006:|
I have the Sungale DVD2026 I have tested this with DVDs from various regions. It works.
1. Power on
2. open the tray.
3. ON THE REMOTE press the VOLUME up, down, up, down.
4. ON THE REMOTE press SETUP
5. ON THE REMOTE press the up and down arrows to go between the macrovision/region codes.
6. ON THE REMOTE press the left and right arroes to change the values.
1,2,3,4,5,6 = individual regions
255 = all regions
7. ON THE REMOTE press setup again and you are set.
You can change these values again and again If you just want to play around.
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.