What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
3 user region code comments
|April 04, 2007||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by Dennis, December 20 2002:|
Switch on the unit and then using the remote press 'Title', 'Clear' and then 'Standby'. On most Sony DVD players this will open a service menu, which then allows you to change the region code.
|Region code hack posted by Nick, November 19 2005:|
I can access the menu listed, but in order to do so, the unit must be OFF prior to pressing <TITLE> then <CLEAR> followed by the <STANDBY> button.
There's no region setting adjustment as far as I can tell for my DVP-S525D.
|Region code hack posted by Nyke76, April 04 2007:|
DVP-NS300, DVP-NS305, DVP-NS400D, DVP-NS700, DVP-S330, DVP-S335, DVP-S360, DVP-S336, DVP-S525D, DVP-S530D, DVP-S535D, DVP-S536D, DVP-S725D, DVP-S735D,
• Turn On the unit with the remote controller
• Wait until "no disc" appears in the unit's display
• Press Pause, 3, 1, 4, 1, 5, 9
• The word "CODE" should appear in the display
• Within five seconds, press the key that corresponds to the zone you want i.e. 0 for region free, 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2 and so on
• Again, within 5 seconds, press Pause and Power
If the above fails to work then you may wish to try the following:
• Put the player into Standby mode
• Press 1 and Return on remote for region 1, 2 and Return for region 2, and so on. Use 0 and Return to return player to default region settings
• Press P-Mode and Return to play DVD's with the selected region, auto-switching is Off
• Press Audio and Return for auto-switching On
• Press Angle and Return for MacroVision On
• Press Subtitle and Return for MacroVision Off
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.