What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
3 user region code comments
|January 23, 2004||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by planetf1, November 21 2003:|
(copied from sc8 hack)
Note: I actually didn't use this hack, but a variation that uses the PALM - I'll add a link when I come across it.
Basically the S880/SC8/SC5 etc all use the same hack.
Now able to play region 1 just fine.
Region code hack posted by psykix at October 29 2003:
I successfully hacked my DAV-SC8 using a variation on the DAV-S550 hack and a laptop with an IRDA port..
Details (cut and pasted and modified from the DAV-S550 thread, thanks to Stepht, Peter Buscher, Karsten Thomsen :--
1. Download Winsamp here: http://www.veg.nildram.co.uk/remote13.zip
This program will emulate an IR remote on your laptop
2. Extract the package onto a bootable DOS floppy disk. (this step is very important, I tried to use the software directly out of Windows before, but without success)
3. Download this IR code file and place it in the same directory as the package above. This file holds the five necessary IR codes converted to the format used by winsamp.exe. http://www.selen.org/files/REMOTE.TXT 4. Boot up your PC from the floppy disk and run winsamp.exe. If your IRDA port doesn't appear as COM2 you may override this by using an appropriate command line switch. For example, use COM1 by running 'winsamp C1'.
5. Press the 'r' key to load up the codes into winsamp.
6. Turn on the Player.
7. Hold down "EJECT" and "PREV" and and while keeping them pressed press VOLUME +, this should get you into the service menu.
8. Make sure your DVD player is in "Service IN" mode and your IRDA port is within range.
9. Run the IR codes from 1 to 5 by pressing Enter on each corresponding button.
10. Your DVD player should now display "DATA RESET".
11. Press the power button on the player remote.
12. Plug it out for 5-10 seconds.
13. Start it again, and play your region 1 ect. discs !!
|Region code hack posted by Mike, December 31 2003:|
I tried the first hack here, downloaded the software, ran it from a bootable DOS floppie, and within 2 minutes my SC5 played regions 1,2,4 and 5 (have no R3 DVD)
Excellent post, and many thanks for the tip!
|Region code hack posted by Thomas, January 23 2004:|
Did this hack yesterday and it wordes superb! ThanX to planetf1!!!!
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.