What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
3 user region code comments
|December 12, 2006||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by unix95, September 13 2006:|
The DVD needs to be put in service mode.
1. Start DVD and wait for disk to load.
2. Press and hold the Stop and Eject keys simultaneously, then turn the
volume nob until the Service menu appears.
Now, follow the procedure below to convert the DAV-DZ11 player to multi-
1. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
2. Press DVD
3. Press 0533 (flashes twice)
4. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
5. Press 994
6. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
7. Press 00189
8. Press 1 ( this sets it to key 1 - it flashes twice )
Now program function codes into buttons 2-5 like this:
* Repeat steps 4-6, then 00255 2
* Repeat steps 4-6, then 00095 3
* Repeat steps 4-6, then 00221 4
* Repeat steps 4-6, then 00079 5
To actually convert the DAV-DZ111 DVD to region-free:
13. Press 12345 - Recorder goes back to standby
14. Press 12345 - Recorder starts up
1 - Unlike the instructions for other Sony DVDs found here and elsewhere,
the device should be powered up -- the hack procedure will not work with
the DVD in stand-by
2 - Player does not display "SUCCESS" or "TIMER OK", it simply powers down
then powers up
3 - I used an OFA Kameleon 4, but I am sure it can be done also with other
programmable remote control units. Some programmable remote controls
require a 3 number code; just drop the two leading zeros from the code (i.e.
00189 becomes 189).
|Region code hack posted by omnicron, December 11 2006:|
it works great thanks i could kiss u lol.
|Region code hack posted by Neil, December 12 2006:|
The 994 is nonsense on a OFA Kameleon 4..This hack does not work
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.