What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
1 user region code comments
|January 07, 2021||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by A. Nonymous, January 07 2021:|
1. Obtain or buy a One For All remote control. (OARUSB04G aka 6540 used but others may work.)
2. Install 2 AAA batteries in OFA remote.
3. Program OFA remote for Sony DVD player from
a. directions in package or
b. online Youtube videos or
c. www.simpleset.com using USB cable.
4. Turn on Sony BD-BX510 or bring out of standby using Sony remote (RMT-B119A or equal) .
5. Open disk tray to verify that no disk is present.
6. Point One For All remote at Sony BD and press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 in succession.
Note: Lights or image on TV may flash or not, depending on brand and model.
7. Put Sony BD-BX510 back into standby mode using Sony remote.
8. Sony BD-BX510 should now be region free for DVDs.
1. With Sony BD-BX510 connected by HDMI cable to Sony TV, had sound but no picture. Sony BD BX510 counter increased as if playing a Region 2 DVD.
2. While Sony BD-BX510 was connected by HDMI cable to Panasonic Veira TC-42PX14N, no sound nor picture but Region 2 DVD appeared to play on BD-BX510 counter.
3. When Sony BD-BX510 was connected to Sharp LC-26SV490U TV by same HDMI cable, had sound and picture of Region 2 DVD.
4. Test DVD was copyright 2004, so might have simpler encoding than more recent Region 2 DVDs.
5. 3D Blu-ray disks from other regions were not tested but BD-BX510 won't play Region 1 4k Blu-ray disks.
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.