What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
3 user region code comments
|May 27, 2002||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by seriorso, September 07 2001:|
OneForAll 6 (URC7560)
The RC6,4,235 code is can be sent using a OneForAll universal remote. To do so:
The remote should be set up to control the DVD (setup code 0539).
1) Then press the DVD button
2) Press the Magic button
3) Press 085. After the 085 the familiar dashes (-------) on the front panel display should appear.
4) And now enter the code (if you want, you can do that with the standard remote):
222 222 005 255 followed by PLAY
Many Thanks to
|Region code hack posted by Richard, March 18 2002:|
After setting my DVD player to region free, the default screen was stuck in PAL mode. I set my player in a mode such that the EJECT-NEXT-POWER ON sequence did not allow me to change between PAL and NTSC. I live in the U.S. and all U.S. TVs are NTSC only, so that was very annoying. I also locked up my player by exceeding the 25x limit using the PLAY-159 command.
I was able to reset my player to U.S. factory default by entering RC6 005 000 128 156 PLAY using an All For One Cinema 7 (URC7201). I guess U.S. remotes have a SETUP button instead of a MAGIC button, but it works just fine by pressing SETUP 085 to get the RC6 key. Once back to the factory default, the EJECT-NEXT-POWER ON sequence worked and I was able to switch my player to NTSC mode. After that, I switched my player to region free, and everything works fine. I was able to play a region 3 (SE Asia) version of Mulan. The 25x counter WAS NOT CLEARED, though.
BTW, my player is a Philips DVD-701AT, and its firmware is 2.22.
|Region code hack posted by Dan, May 27 2002:|
From Region 2 (Italy) to region 1 seeting :
I followed the instructions on 711 and they worked pretty well:
1. Press play 1, 5, 9 buttons on remote control
2. Onscreen display 11 dashes "-----------"
3. Using remote cont. enter code 008 000 000 000
4. Press play and after 3 seconds the screen turn blue then the player automatically switch off and on again
5. That's it. It works!!
6. For back region 2 same procedure but code 020 000 000 000
Warning!! It looks like work only 25 times!
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.