What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
3 user region code comments
|June 18, 2005||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by jamesn, October 16 2004:|
The following works fine on the DV8600
(Videostar, October 16th 2004)
Region code hack posted by cmediss, August 17 2004:
*** LG DV-8700C ***
This worked on my DV-8700C
1: Switch the player on.
2: Press the "pause" button on the remote.
3: Press "3" "1" "4" "1" "5" "9" buttons on the remote.
4: The TV screen now shows the current region code and allows entry of a new code.
5. Press "0" button on the remote.
6. Press "pause" button on the remote.
7. Switch the player off and wait for a few seconds.
8. Switch the player on and it should work.
|Region code hack posted by Early Bird, October 26 2004:|
Only this hack worked on my LG DV-8600H
1. Press the Open button on your remote control to open the drive tray
2. Press the Pause button on your remote control
3. Press the 0 button on your remote control
4. Press the 0 button on your remote control
5. Press the 0 button on your remote control
6. Press the 0 button on your remote control
7. The onscreen display should now prompt you for a new region
8. Press the 1 button on your remote control for region 1, the 2 button for region 2, and so on, or the 0 button for multi-region playback
9. Press the Pause button on your remote control
10. Power off your DVD player
11. Power on your DVD player
|Region code hack posted by N3m0, June 18 2005:|
The Second Hack works absolutely fine with the LG DV86000H.
The inbuilt UI (User Interface will ask you to enter a value between 0-6, where 0 stands for multiregion (region disabled).
The first procedure however doesnt work at all. Perhaps only with the DV8700.
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.