What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
4 user region code comments
|October 16, 2007||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by Patrik, March 19 2005:|
1. Remove any dvd from the player.
2. Turn on the player.
3. Push the button "Subtitle" on the remote.
4. Push 7,6,8,8,4.
5. Push 9 to make the player region-free.
6. Open and close the disc-tray.
Haven't tested this one myself yet, but I will tonight and post the result here in a few days.
|Region code hack posted by Patrik, March 20 2005:|
Sorry fellas, the hack didn't work...
Will post a new one as soon as I find one.
|Region code posted by Raph, May 08 2007:|
I could not find any real regionfree hack for this player.
But i found what looks to be a Factory reset procedure.
1. Unplug dvd player
2. Hold down STOP and PLAY on the player (not the remote)
3. Plug the dvd player
4. Picture will blink once, then you will see the JVC
wallpaper, with "TEST MODE" written onthe TV screen, and "N300E" on the player display.
5. At this point if you push "->" on the DVD player, you will see "EEPROM INITIALIZING"
6. Turn off dvd player
When you turn it back on, you will get a message asking you whether you want to set up basic sttings for the player.
Another thing to see your player's region setting:
1. Unplug player
2. hold <- and -> onthe dvd player
3. plug the player in
4. turn player ON using the player Standbye button
5. Watch the player display screen, it should display your player's Region setting.
Looking on the net, i read that it was possible to get into factory "Service Mode" settings of the player and change region caode that way, but i could not find how.
|Region code hack posted by KlaasvanderHeide, October 16 2007:|
Both hacks do not work. The last will only lead to a reboot of the software but not to any andjustments. So still no working hack availeble.
Tried both on my player
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks|
= New region code/hack comments since your last visit.