iuVCR is a Windows 2000/XP intended universal video recording program. Now you can easily record your favorite TV programs and videos in *.AVI or *.WMV format. iuVCR has got a simple and plain interface, allows to capture video of any format, resolution and duration, can automatically start when scheduled and has a number of other useful features.
What new in build 220.127.116.118 (15/10/07)
- Improved support for latest realtek audio devices
What new in build 18.104.22.1687 (07/10/07)
- Fix for resolution changing combobox
- Improved iuDeinterlace and service filters versions
What new in build 22.214.171.1245 (06/08/07)
- New command line switch /nosplash to hide splash window during startup
What new in build 126.96.36.1994 (24/04/07)
- More simple layout for ugly frame format window.
- New option "Disable format control" into the frame format window.
What new in build 188.8.131.523 (20/04/07)
- Fixed bug with multi-segment recording under scheduler.
What new in build 184.108.40.2062 (14/04/07)
- Changes to MPEG2 encoder plug-in support.
What new in build 220.127.116.111 (10/04/07)
- Bug fixed: 0xfe10 error code under scheduled record session.
What new in build 18.104.22.1680 (09/04/07)
- Some updates for help file
What new in build 22.214.171.1240 (08/04/07)
- Audio resampler for TV tuners that produce only 32kHz audio.
- mux_dat.bin file now located into the "..application data/iulabs/iuvcr" folder
- some other minor improvements and fixes.
What new in build 126.96.36.1999 (24/12/06)
- Support for "dump" writer added.
- iuLab Mirror improved.
What new in build 188.8.131.528 (26/11/06)
- Changes into the preset loading procedure for audio device.
What new in build 184.108.40.2067 (27/09/06)
- Fixed old stupid bug of audio crossbar routing.
What new in build 220.127.116.116 (19/09/06)
- A small audio level indicator on the "info" tab.
- Record indication an the preview window caption.
- New filter: iuLab Mirror.
What new in build 18.104.22.1685 (24/08/06)
- "Remember password" option for scheduler.
- New filter: FieldShift for horizontal field shifting.
What new in build 22.214.171.1244 (05/07/06)
- Bug Fixed: The "/P:" command line switch crashes iuVCR if symbolic preset name was specified.
What new in build 126.96.36.1993 (04/07/06)
- Wav Dest muxer to record wav files.
- Suspend mode appended for scheduled tasks.
- 'Delete the task when it is done' option for scheduler dialog.
- Changes for mux_guids.dat importing algorithm.
What new in build 188.8.131.522 (01/14/06)
- New filter 'iuLab Fill borders'
What new in build 184.108.40.2061 (12/23/05)
- Bug Fixed: Too many skiped frames.
What new in build 220.127.116.110 (12/20/05)
- Significant improvement of A/V synchronization in AVI files.
- Audio samples always short now (related option hidden).
What new in build 18.104.22.1689 (11/19/05)
- New option 'Force render' on the audio tab.
- Some fixes for crossbar control.
What new in build 22.214.171.1247 (08/10/05)
- Bug fixed: superfluous "i" symbol into the scheduler command line.
- Additional support for VH Screen Capture Driver.
What new in build 126.96.36.1996 (05/08/05)
- Bug fixed: Access violation when built in capture chip audio source selected.
What new in build 188.8.131.525 (04/24/05)
- Bug fixed: Second instance of iuVCR can not close previous instance.
- Bug fixed: Wrong command line may be created into the scheduler dialog.
What new in build 184.108.40.2064 (04/17/05)
- Any custom muxer may store settings into the iuVCR profile.
What new in build 220.127.116.112
- Bug fixed: under Pinnacle DC10 preview is absent during record.
What new in build 18.104.22.1681
- Some fixes for preview window.
What new in build 22.214.171.1240
- Bug fixed: Wrong picture size in full screen mode.
- Some improvements for preview window.
- Diagnostic message if system scheduler unavailable.
What new in build 126.96.36.1997
- Some improvements for preview window.
- Bug fixed: Error during installation.
- Bug fixed: Scheduled record cannot start.
What new in build 188.8.131.525
- "Asf" default extension forced when "Direct ASF writer" muxer by Vladimir Filippov selected.
- The motion detecror filter has been updated.
- Bug fixed: Fullscreen mode breaks desktop layout.
- Bug fixed: CAPITAL letters for output file name for scheduled records.
What new in build 184.108.40.2064
- Bug fixed: PCI streamed audio is absent at preview mode.
- Some internal improvements into the frame format dialog.
- Some improvements to exclude windows taskbar area for full screen preview.
What new in build 220.127.116.111 (14.10.2004)
- Several minor bug fixes
- Handler to new segment switch implemented.
What new in build 18.104.22.1680 (07.10.2004)
- Bug fixed: Access Violation for devices without crossbar.
- Minor improvements into the service filter.
What new in build 22.214.171.1249 (03.10.2004)
- Bug fixed: zero-length file for some options combination.
- Own algorithms to search crossbar and tv-tuner filters.
What new in build 126.96.36.1998 (18.09.2004)
- More safe procedure for crossbar searching.
- Bug fixed: Missing item into the tv standards list.
- More correct audio format assigment.
- New filter: iuLab Decimate.
- New option to disable switch channels by mouse scroller.
What new in build 188.8.131.526
- Bug fixed: Own mux did not work into the build 184.108.40.2065.
- Bug fixed: Wrong file size into the statistic for Matroska Muxer.
- Own muxer has options now.
- Timer button moved to main panel.
- "Apply setting to each channel" function implemented.
- "Copy log to clipboard" function implemented.
- More comfortable controls for log functions.
- Several new messages into the log file.
What new in build 220.127.116.115
- Bug fixed: mapped channels have zero values for brightness, contrast, etc
- Inputs mapping performs now during first programm launch only.
- Support for third party muxers implemented.
- Matroska muxer (http://www.matroska.org) supported if this filter present into a system.
What new in build 18.104.22.1683
- Automatic mapping to channels for SVideo and Composite inputs.
- Indicator for recording level
What new in build 22.214.171.1242
- New filter included: ECPSoft ImagePlus filter allows insert own logo.
What new in build 126.96.36.1991
- New iuLab Field Swap filter included.
- A recording mixer line now restores after iuVCR shutdown.
- Bug fixed: Display go to the power saving mode during active preview.
- Bug fixed: Wrong processing for legacy /ch switch into the scheduler.
- The "Force channel index" option removed from the scheduler.
What new in build 188.8.131.520
- Bug fixed: Error during filter addition if Windows Movie Maker 2 present into the system.
What new in build 184.108.40.2069
- Each channel has an unique Id now to prevent confusion after channel re-sorting.
- Drop-down list with channels inserted to the scheduled session dialog.
- Bug fixed: Video device Id does not store into the registry if first device selected.
- New iuLab Motion Detector filter included.
- New iuLab Deinterlace filter included.
- The iuLab Timestamp filter improved.
- Some changes into the filter insertion dialog.
- During uninstall procedure iuVCR will asks about removing settings from registry.
What new in build 220.127.116.117
- Bug fixed: audio is absent during preview for DV devices.
- Bug fixed: at some cases codec selection generate error.
- Bug fixed: bad spin edit behavior into the scheduler window.
What new in build 18.104.22.1685
- Powerfull deinterlace filter by Alparysoft (http://www.alparysoft.com) bundled
- Bug fixed: for DV devices codec changing fails during preview active.
What new in build 22.214.171.1244
- Bug fixed: Preview freezes at some cases.
What new in build 126.96.36.1993
- Bug fixed: unstable work with DV devices.
What new in build 188.8.131.521
- Filters list sorted now.
- Some changes into filters chain building procedure to improve stability.
- Channels stored also if tuner module is absent.
What new in build 184.108.40.2069
- Bug fixed: noise during channels switching.
What new in build 220.127.116.118
- Bug fixed: EAccessVilolation error during iuVCR start if "don't record audio" item selected.
- Bug fixed: Two memory leaks.
What new in build 18.104.22.1687
- Support for several tuner inputs if are provided by driver.
- Some changes into the "channels" tab GUI.
- brightness/contrast/hue/saturation now always forced before record starts.
- Bug fixed: Some sample rates are not available (was broken in 22.214.171.1241).
What new in build 126.96.36.1991
- Support for audio out pins provided by video source filter.
- Improved compatibility with SAA713x-based cards.
- Improved presets tab.
- Each channel can remember specific crossbar settings now.
- Some changes into the switch to Full Screen mode routine.
- Limited FM radio support (playback only).
- Bug Fixed: Mouse weel do switch a channels when codecs combobox is open.
- Bug Fixed: Wrong statistic at the "info" tab when "pause" button used.
- Bug Fixed: The paused state don't reset after stop session when pause active.
What new in build 188.8.131.524
- Bug Fixed: Under scheduled session iuVCR stop but not close when signal vanish.
- Stop timer implemented. Call pop-up menu for "Stop record" button to activate.
- Some changes for GUI.
- Some changes for stream service filter.
What new in build 184.108.40.2062
- Bug Fixed: wrong UYVY->RGB24 color conversion for screenshot
What new in build 220.127.116.119
- Checkbox "Wake the computer to run this session" implemented into the scheduler dialog
- New graphics for some GUI elements.
- Bug Fixed: empty main window after iuVCR run in "Minimized" state.
- New streams synchronization algorithm implemented into the own MUX/writer filter.
- The "iuLab Timestamp" filter have several options now
What new in build 18.104.22.1683
- New filter "iuLab Timestamp"
- New option "Allow DV transport control" for DV devices
- Little changes and fixes for interface
What new in build 22.214.171.1241
- Bug Fixed: No sound when capturing to DV format from analog video source does perform.
What new in build 126.96.36.1990
- Bug Fixed: preview position does restore improper sometimes
What new in build 188.8.131.528
- Bug fixed: Broken hibernation routine.
- End time instead duration can be specified at the Scheduler dialog.
- New version of experimental MUX/file writer included
What new in build 184.108.40.2065
- Fixed broken statistic calculation for DV devices.
What new in build 220.127.116.113
- Fixed ugly GUI under large desktop fonts.
What new in build 18.104.22.1682
- The "Enable Preview" button have a little pop-up menu now.
- Preview windows moving algorithm changed.
- Some changes for crossbar inputs enumeration.
- DV devices detection procedure improved,
- A frame rate calculated more accuracy now.
- Fixed errors with manipulations for preview window under DC10+ cards.
What new in build 22.214.171.1241
- New experimental MUX/file writer which allows to write segments
without a gaps.
What new in build 126.96.36.1998
- Some fixes for Pinnacle Miro DC10+
- Fixed memory overrun when vfw codec does state saving.
- Some changes into filter enumeration procedure.
- The main window can minimize to tray now.
- Some stuff for bad vfw devices filtering
What new in build 188.8.131.520
- The stream format dialogs must work more correctly now.
What new in build 184.108.40.2069
- Some fixes for compatibility with Windows 98 system.
What new in build 220.127.116.118
- A support for encoding analog video to DV format implemented
- New filter named "histogram" included.
- Fixed another bug with audio routing in crossbar during channels switch.
- Some improvements for onesot mode.
- The "Short Audio Samples" option turned off automatically if non-PCM audio format was selected.
What new in build 18.104.22.168
- A little memory allocation bug was fixed.
- The "Oneshot" recording mode implemented.
- Fixed bug with audio routing in crossbar during channels switch.
- New option: "Stop when signal vanish".
- The algorithm of assigned names for segments changed.
What new in build 22.214.171.124
- The iuVCR will prevent putting the computer in the sleeping state now.
What new in build 126.96.36.199 beta 4
- Fixed the "green drops at start" bug for Nvidia-based cards
- Folders autocreated now if not exist (under Win2000/XP only)
- Uninstall icons for iuVCR will not multiply more
- Some additional bug fixes
What new in build 188.8.131.52 beta 3
- The "Shedule" tab will work under Win98SE now.
- Restored a capturing with "smart tee for preview" mode
(Was broken in build 184.108.40.206).
What new in build 220.127.116.11 beta 2
- A bug of audio format choice was fixed
- A correct names of DV devices displays now on the "video" tab.
What new in build 18.104.22.168 beta 1
- Support for DV devices implemented.
- Presets now stored into system registry with unique device id instead simple index.
- The sample grabber filter now unconnected while recording.
- Some little bug fixes.
- A new command appended to WM_COMMAND API.
04/28/2002 Version 4.0
- Some changes into help file (A many thanks to Steve Gunn for the help)
- The preview window may toggle full screen mode by mouse double click
- Log file now may be saved automatically when recording done.
- Synchronization options were remade again.
- An alternative fps/dropped frames detection added
04/08/2002 Version 4.0 RC1
- Updated help included
- Errors handling improved
- A synchronization options were remade
- Recording with timer implemented.
- The "Start capture" button having pop-up menu now
- Filters Manager improved
- The "Snapshot" button having pop-up menu now
- Splash during start added
- Many bugs fixed
02/27/2002 Version 4.0 beta5
- Still capture implemented
- Pause function implemented
- Some fixes for wrong mapping of the SVideo input to a channel
- Other fixes.
01/21/2002 Version 4.0 beta4
- Hotfix for video codec appending failures.
- Stroing and restoring settings for DirectShow video compressors implemented.
01/20/2002 Version 4.0 beta3
- Fixed bug for nvidia wdm drivers: now error blue screen not appear.
- Some changes for processing VFW codecs like divx 3.xx
- New command line keys: /PWR:Off and /PWR:Hibernate for turn PC off when scheduled session done.
- The COM interface is not supported any more.
01/11/2002 Version 4.0 beta2
- TV-tuning was remade. Now several tunning mode can be assigned for each channel. Also mapping Svideo or Composite-In to "fake" channel available.
- Scheduling now get new front-end instead standard system schedule dialog.
- New command line key: /CHA: for absolute channel number assign
- New command line key: /TVI:Cable and /TVI:Antenna for force tuner input selection.
- Some minor bug fixes and changes.
12/16/2001 Version 4.0 beta1
- Filter manager implemented. You can use any DirectShow filters as plugins for realtime videostream processing. iuVCR 4 beta 1 include one original filter for image cropping.
- Options tab remade.
- Special experimental option - the "delay audio stream" for synchronically start video and audio streams was appended.
12/03/2001 Version 3.11
- Workaround added for solve muted recording problem with some wdm drivers.
- More correctly processing for the "Mixing renderer" filter existing only into Windows XP.
- Bug fixed: "Acces violation" message during capture start without audio stream.
11/15/2001 Version 3.10
- Several fixes for iuVCR work correctly under Windows XP and DirectX 8.1.
- Bug fixed: "division by zero" message appear in some cases when capture session start.
- Improvements for several identical devices support
10/23/2001 Version 3.9
- The "Max file time" option implemented for files segmentation.
- The "One stamp for all session" option added.
- Bug fixed: File overwriting when Windows Media Format using.
- Now indexing control for Windows Media Format available. You can turn off indexing for prevent of delays during segment switching.
- Statistic for Windows Media Format now work properly (require DX8.1 or higher).
- Now iuVCR may work more 47 days continuously because the GetTickCount function is not used any more in the statistic routine.
- New "Hide title bar" option implemented for preview window.
09/19/2001 Version 3.8
- TVAudio button for calling a standard TVAudio dialog added on the "Video" tab.
- Bug fixed: "Stay on top" option don't work properly.
- Bug fixed: iuVCR is not switching to capture automatically when /p parameter using into command line.
- Several options added.
- Now if .AVI file already exists iuVCR always will set new name for overwriting preventing.
- The "Max file size" box now accepting any values.
09/08/2001 Version 3.7
- Recording .avi files without audio streams available now.
- A second crossbar supporting now for ATI All-In-Wonder like cards.
- Bug fixed: several same items are displayed in the video stream configuration dialog at some cases.
- Bug fixed: during terminating of the iuVCR in some cases a exception occurs.
- Changes in algorithm of numeration segmented files.
- The list of video compressors now is displaying a DirectShow-based and VFW-based codecs with different colors and prefixes.
- Some cosmetic changes on the 'Info" tab.
08/27/2001 Version 3.6
- Settings for web cameras now also remember into presets.
- New command line switch: /dev:.
- Channels scan algorithm improved for TV-tuners without indication of PLL offset.
- Bug fixed: the "access violation" trap when the "channels scan params" dialog cancel and switching to any channel performed.
08/16/2001 Version 3.5
- A special DirectShow filter developed and included to iuVCR distributive as workaround some fatal bugs of nVidia WDM capture driver 1.4
- Bug fixed: in some cases sound switched off when capturing process started.
- Option "Keep preview if available" removed as obsolete
- The "Frame rate" box implemented into video format dialog box.
08/12/2001 Version 3.4
- Bug fixed: wrong work with some card families having a hardware overlay such as ATI, ASUS
- Bug fixed: some video formats display incorrectly on "Info" tab.
- Some other minor bug fixed.
08/09/2001 Version 3.3
- Help file extended
- Bug fixed: Keeping sound when Preview to stopped.
- Bug fixed: Override last selected channel with new frequency when /ch: command line parameter was used.
08/06/2001 Version 3.2
- Presets manager added.
- Windows Scheduled Tasks integration implemented.
- New command line switches: P, MUTE, NOTV, NOXBAR.
- New option: "AVI compatibility index".
06/20/2001 Version 3.1
- Bug fixed: Audio compression work properly only during first capture session
- Additional resolution (384x288) inserted to predefined resolutions list (3x4)
06/15/2001 Version 3.0
- Audio compression codecs available now.
- Microsoft Windows Media Encoder integration added.
- Some interface changes.
05/10/2001 Version 2.2
- Bug fixed: Bad audio header parameters for stereo formats.
- Bug fixed: Application is not autoclosed during batch mode.
- Now log combobox have a popup menu.
- Number of log events increased.
05/06/2001 Version 2.1
- User interface revised: One button instead two now using. Full screen mode for preview window Keyboard shortcuts implemented. Statistic now placed on the "Info" sheet.
- Some optimizations for internal algorithms make.
- Some bug fixes performed.
04/18/2001 Version 2.0
- Program distributed now as shareware.
- Audio Mixer recording line params stored now.
- Alternative, more comfortable dialog windows for crossbar and video stream settings (old dialogs available by right mouse button click).
- Preview window now may be showed during capturing stream any format. This result obtained by means of "Smart Tee" filter using and require powerful CPU (at least 500Mhz).
- Preview window now have popup menu with options.
- New command line switches.
- Some interface changes.
03/05/2001 Version 1.2
- Bug fixed: raising exception when capture mode started after preview mode.
- Bug fixed: video standard was not memorized when channels list was empty.
- New option: Preview may be keep during capture, if this available by driver.
- Preview window parameters remain now.
- Audio PCM formats now available for selecting.
- If channel number set in command line exceed 200 it will interpret as frequency. (this mode did not tested!)
- Some changes into the interface.
02/04/2001 Version 1.1
- multiple device support improved.
- User interface remade.
- Preview now worked in overlay mode.
- Channel scanning improved.
- New command line switch "/F:".
- Alternate locations for capturing easily now.
- Statistic information about capturing extended.
- COM interface for external control attached.
- Some bugs fixed.
This is one of the best avi capture apps out there, I have been using it for 3 years now with a variety of systems and different capture cards, it even supports the Plextor PX-M402U hardware based DivX encoder with fantastic results, I have used it with several codecs including PICVideo, 3ivX and Huffy, the bundled Alparysoft De-Interlace filter works very well also, My only complaint is on some systems with a Soundblaster Live 5.1 Audio Card I have had some A/V Sync issues from time to time, even using short audio samples and playing with the sample rate. The scheduler is very reliable and has a lot of handy extras like auto shutdown and audio muting. The author has always been very forthcoming with support when needed and is constantly improving this great prog.
I have been using this for all my capturing since I started caring about quality. I'm doing analogue capture with the Pinnacle PCTV card (BT8x8), using the btwincap WDM drivers (from sourceforge), and using the huyyuv codec. I'm getting 720x576 at 25fps perfectly with no drop (I've got an Athlon XP2500-based system)! I even splurged and got an M-Audio Transit and can verify that you can use iuVCR to do bit-perfect audio capture whilst capturing the video - hence I can record dolby digital 5.1 48khz 16-bit AC3 soundtracks.
Observe the usual capture rules - I'm capturing to a clean partition when the machine has been freshly booted, and I've minimised the number of background processes.
iuLabs are a great company with great support, and the price can't be beat!
Love this little program. It does the job great. And the author has been absolutely awesome with some of the little problems I have had with it. He even fixed a problem I was having with it and had me test out the fix...all in a matter of a day or so. (That's why I'm using version 22.214.171.1242 and not 126.96.36.1991... haven't upgrade to the newest yet, but will do so soon.)
I do have a problem with audio and video being synced at times, but I think it's more to do with my 800 mghz Athlon processor not being able to fully keep up with everything.
I've been meaning to try and figure out a better codec to record in to fix that, but haven't done it yet.
Overall a great program. And a great author backs it up.
use it all the time. Have used it sucessfully with a Pinnacle DC10+ card and also a Hauppauge WinTV PCI card. With the DC10+ just let the compression default to the hardware on the card (MJPEG). With the WinTV card usually use soft mjpeg (Picvideo) which ends up creating 5-6G files for each hour of TV recorded (720x576, 44.1Khz sound) which I then transcode to mpeg2 format using Mainconcept.
My only request now for the program is being able to read xmltv files so it would be easier to program recording
It works great for me. I use the Huffyuv codec with a Maxtor Maxline II 250GB 5400rpm harddrive. A 2.2 celeron processor coupled to an MSI Mainboard with an MSI FX5200 128MB Personal Cinema card.
I recorded 3 hours of TV on a 5400 rpm harddrive, not one dropped frame. I compressed it with TMPG and it was perfect.
I thought my capture card was total crap until I started using this program.
If I could just get the remote to work now...
Nice program, only problem is the audio. V-Dub will not import the multi-segment files because of the granularity of posting the audio . i.e 48000.00 mhz and 48000.05 mhz. But I'll probably write a mini-prog. that will convert it in batch mode. Unless they can fix it. Other than that it seems to work well in conjuction with my aver software.
This software refused to work in NTSC mode on my LeadTek VC100. It showed me my NTSC signal but forced the card into SECAM. This software is useless to me. I think it might be good if the problem is fixed.
This product does a fairly good job capturing video. There are a few things that bug me. Few codecs or poor codecs that are packaged with it. I had to goto jpeg.com and register their codec...it was the ONLY one I could find that wouldn't drop frames or mess up the A/V sync (and trust me I've tried MANY of the popular codecs).
Anyhow I don't like the military timer it uses to schedule captures...I wish it were an option to switch between 12:00 and 24:00 time. Lastly the captured file does not take the name you used for the session (very lame).
It does however capture video very well.
Posted November 06, 2003 by retribution187.
Tool version 188.8.131.522
using OS WinXP
Ease of use 8
Value for money 7
Overall score 8
1 tool hits, Showing
NEW SOFTWARE= New tool since your last visit
NEW VERSION= New version since your last visit
NEW COMMENTS= New comments since your last visit
Type and download NO MORE UPDATES? = The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years. NO LONGER DEVELOPED = The software hasn't been updated in over 3 years.
RECENTLY UPDATED = The software has been updated the last 31 days. Freeware = Free software. Free software = Free software and also open source code. Freeware/Adware = Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Free software/Adware = Free software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Trialware = Also called shareware or demo. Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions. Payware = No demo or trial available.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a BETA, RC(Release Candidate) and even a ALPHA version of the software.
Download (direct link) = A direct link to the software download.
Download (developer's site) = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64 bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = No installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com.