Sync on FFmpeg git 7cbb856efe6ccab7485bb96ad3887472a6519ffa
New -tff and -bff cli options, -top is removed
AVCIntra decoding is now supported
Parallel frame multi-threaded decoding is now enabled
Prores 422 and Prores 4444 decoding
When writing MXF files, use more correct key for KLV Fill packets
DVCPROHD encoding in Quicktime or MXF format is now supported
Fix detection of some DVCAM files
Fix decoding artefact in bottom rows of Quantel DVCPROHD 1080i files
Support reading AVID MXF OpAtom DNxHD files
New video filter 'sub' to burn ASS and SRT subtitles
New 'dvcam', 'dvcpro', 'dvcpro50', 'dvcprohd' targets
Detect right to left languages in subtitle burning filter
Correctly write drop frame system timecode and continuity count in MXF files
Correctly use global file duration when displaying information about Quicktime files
Correctly compute aspect ratio from clean aperture in Quicktime files
Display starting system timecode for MXF files
FFprobe now correctly displays width and height for files using h264 cropping
DV muxer changed to only accept big endian pcm
Audio sync disabled by default for GXF files
Prores encoder with support for interlaced, 422 and 444
Support writing AFD information in MXF files
Support V210 and uncompressed 4:2:2 UYVY in MXF files
Support P2 MXF files
Support Op1a MXF DNxHD files
Fix avisynth RGB24/32 upside-down decoding
Fix DPX encoding, now compatible with Nuke
Improved MXF muxer compatibility with Sony Vegas Pro 11
Support encoding H.264 10 bit and 4:2:2 with x264
Improved Quicktime muxer compatibility with Final Cut Pro and XDCAMHD 422
Commandline options -vcodec,-acodec,-scodec are not reset anymore between streams
Faster V210 decoding
Support writing MXF DNxHD files
.mpg extension will now produce MPEG-2 PS by default
Removed IMX bitstream filters, formatting is now done automatically
Framerate now needs to be explicitely specified when reading raw uncompressed video files
H264 encoding in MXF format is now supported
Progressive Quicktime files created will now be properly recognized by FCP
New filters from BBC: waveform monitor, w3fdif deinterlacing, stretch4to3, repeatframe
New -metadata_tags cli option to see what metadata tags are supported in each output format
Export MPEG-2 GOP timecode as metadata
Correctly read interlaced information from DV files
DV files produced are now more standard compliant
Improved quality for the ProRes encoder
- Fix compilation on OSX with Xcode 4.1
- MPEG-2 3:2 pulldown encoding is now supported.
- Fix pcm stream copy in wav.
- Sync on FFmpeg git 1762d9ced70ccc46c5d3e5d64e56a48d0fbbd4f7.
- Fix auto-rotate iphone 4 files.
- Increase maximum number of audio channel mappings to 64.
- New "aspect" option to pad filter, to pad video to a specific display aspect ratio.
- New parameter to crop filter to keep display aspect ratio when cropping.
- Improve yuv 4:2:2 to rgb conversion quality.
- Fix aspect ratio handling with libavfilter.
- Re-enabled shared libraries support.
- Fix DNxHD colors in Quicktime.
- Print correct ratecontrol and bitrate information when encoding.
- Write id3v2 v2.3 tags in mp3 files, compatible with Windows.
- Support stream copying and muxing of AMR NB packed frames.
- Flash F4V muxer, to allow muxing vp6 and mp3 the way Flash supports it.
- Print progression time in hh:mm:ss.us instead of secs.
- New "faststart" option in mov/mp4 muxer that automatically replace the header in front.
- Print ETA if duration is known.
- New "tinterlace" filter ported from mplayer.
- Allow one video filter chain per output stream.
- Fix yadif filter output, it was missing one frame previously.
- New "imx50" and "imx30" targets, to make encoding simpler.
- If audio channel count is less than 4 in MXF D10, automatically set it to 4.
- Automatically set vbv buffer size to the maximum when encoding mpeg-2 cbr.
- New "xdcamhd422" target.
- Support DVCAM 4:2:0 in GXF.
- Write aspect ratio information in GXF files.
- With libx264 codec, correctly support specifying a custom 2pass log file.
- When duplicating frames, correctly duplicate the previous frame.
- Enhance -metadata option, can now take comma separated tag=value pairs.
- Experimental mplayer filters support using -vf mp.
- Mux DVCPRO HD in quicktime correctly.
- Allow DNxHD encoding with Avid Nitris compatibility.
- Fix decoding of 16bit png files.
- Reenable -s commandline option.
- New filter colormatrix to convert between bt 601 and bt 709.
- Hide mmx/sse2 internal symbols, to allow creating a shared library from static libraries.
- Support multiple external reference files per track in Quicktime files.
- Fix -t and -vframes by considering output.
- Mpeg-2 encoder now sets correct aspect ratio even with square pixels.
- Mpeg-2 encoder now writes sequence display extension if color primaries are specified.
- Dithering when downsampling from 10 bits to 8 bits.
- Options are now reset between -i, output files and -newaudio,-newvideo parameters.
- Display starting time code for MXF and Quicktime files.
- Remove FFserver.
- Fix Avisynth input audio stream timebase.
- Sync on FFmpeg svn r25017.
- Yadif video deinterlacing filter.
- Overlay video filter.
- Fade video filter.
- Rename ffmpeg binary to ffmbc.
- Disable shared libraries.
- Remove -s resizing output cli option, use -vf scale.
- 23.98 and 24 fps support in MXF muxer.
- Mpeg-2 aspect ratio bitstream filter, to change aspect ratio without reencoding.
- Fix an issue with -async and audiomerge.
- Fix an issue with the fade filter.
- Write interlacing information in mov files, fix deinterlacing with quicktime player.
- Correctly support interlaced in yuv4mpeg and quicktime.
- Display interlacing when printing information.
- Fix an issue with resampling and audiomerge.
- Sync on FFmpeg svn r21845.
- Full support for reading and writing covert art in mp3 and iTunes m4a,m4v,mp4.
- "-coverfile" commandline option to set a cover file. png,jpg,bmp supported.
- Correctly write Quicktime metadata as utf-8.
- Fixed a bug with temporal offset when muxing mpeg-2 long gop in MXF.
- Huge speedup when opening Quicktime and mpeg-4 files.
- Timecode for Quicktime and MXF files can now be set when stream copying.
- Added x264 sources in contrib directory, git 5b86182d1240b441f28462abf3d40b7371de5ba3
- Enable pthreads by default.
- Fixed a bug with interlaced VC-3 decoding.
- Integrate libavfilter. New commandline option -vf, see doc/libavfiter.texi
- Auto-rotate iPhone 3GS files.
- Support lyrics in mp3 and iTunes m4a,m4v,mp4.
- Automatically set current UTC time in created files.
- New AVFMT_HAS_PTS flag in AVInputFormat to specify that format has pts.
- Write and read metadata "reel_name" in mov timecode track if present.
- MPEG TS muxer now produces streams playable by VLC and Quicktime.
- Sync on FFmpeg svn r20539.
- Write Quicktime timecode track.
- Set closed gop flag for first gop when encoding with b frames.
- Search relative path when open Quicktime reference files.
- Sync on FFmpeg svn r19958.
- Advanced Metadata support.
- S302M decoder.
- XDCAM HD 422 muxer.
- MXF 720p muxing.
- New RM demuxer.
- D10/IMX bitstream filter to remove klv header from D10/IMX elementary stream to be copied in MXF.
- "-map_audio_channel" commandline option to split and merge audio channels.
- "-timecode" commandline option to set timecode start when encoding.
Import your files in Final Cut Pro, AVID Media Composer, Adobe Premiere
Create XDCAM HD422 files in .mov or .mxf
Create XDCAM IMX/D-10 files in .mov or .mxf
Create AVID DNxHD files in .mov
Create DVCPROHD files in .mov or .mxf
Create ProRes 422 or 4444 files in .mov
Convert V210 Files
Convert HD YUV BT709 to SD BT601 and vice versa
Convert AVCIntra 50 and 100
Convert MPEG-TS files with SMPTE 302M audio
Convert AVCHD files correctly
Convert ProRes 422 and 4444 files
Rewrap IMX/D-10, AVCHD, DVCPROHD, MTS, M2TS to Quicktime for editing in Final Cut Pro
Burn ASS or SRT subtitles files in videos
Merge and split your audio tracks
Create Quicktime files containing time code tracks
Color conversion from HD to SD
Read timecode tracks from MXF, Quicktime
Creating audio files (mp3 and m4a) with cover art
Keep or add covert art when converting your audio files
Faststart MP4 for streaming (replace header in front) automatically
NEW SOFTWARE= New tool since your last visit
NEW VERSION= New version since your last visit
NEW COMMENTS= New comments since your last visit
Type and download NO MORE UPDATES? = The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years. NO LONGER DEVELOPED = The software hasn't been updated in over 3 years.
RECENTLY UPDATED = The software has been updated the last 31 days. Freeware = Free software. Free software = Free software and also open source code. Freeware/Adware = Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Free software/Adware = Free software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Trialware = Also called shareware or demo. Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions. Payware = No demo or trial available.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a BETA, RC(Release Candidate) and even a ALPHA version of the software.
Download (direct link) = A direct link to the software download.
Download (developer's site) = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64 bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = No installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com.