VoltaicHD is a video converter that allows you to edit footage from an AVCHD camera in Movie Maker. VoltaicHD converts your highly compressed AVCHD (.m2ts or .mts) files into the AVI format which Windows Media Player and Microsoft Movie Maker can handle. So what? Well, if you have just bought a new AVCHD camera and want to edit the footage, you are usually stuck with having to fork out for a new editing package.
All three of the Shedworx AVCHD apps have been updated with a few key fixes and Mountain Lion support.
We have updated our core AVCHD engine with a couple of key updates.
Over the past few months camera manufacturers have released new AVCHD variants in the 50p and 60p area.
50p (and 60p) are the highest level of HD recording available on consumer camcorders today. The 50p refers to the 50 full (progressive) frames per second that these cameras can record. The video from these cameras is the absolute best quality available today.
We have supported the initial 50p and 60p formats used by Panasonic since 2010 so this update covers all 50p and 60p recording formats from all AVCHD camera manufacturers.
LPCM audio support
LPCM is a pro-level audio format used in Pro video cameras.
Over the past year more and more Pro video cameras have moved to the AVCHD video format, away from vendor-specific video formats.
As they have moved into AVCHD, these Pro cameras have begun using LPCM audio, rather than the Dolby Digital 5.1 audio that consumer camcorders use.
LPCM has always been in the AVCHD spec, its just that nobody was using it.
This update to our AVCHD apps now supports LPCM audio in AVCHD videos.
We've also updated all the apps to be signed with the Shedworx Developer Certificate. This allows our apps to be installed and run on Mountain Lion under the default OSX security setting which prevents the execution of non-signed apps.
Voltaic, Revolver and Cosmos are now available for Download from shedworx.com or via Automatic Update from the applications themselves.
VoltaicHD for Mac Version 3.0 out now
VoltaicHD 3.0 has now been released on shedworx.com and via auto-update for current users. This is a free upgrade.
This version includes a number of minor bug fixes, some improvements to the AppleScript API and a number of stability improvements.
As per a previous post on the Shedworx blog, we are dropping OSX 10.4 support from our products in this round of updates. We have also retired VoltaicHD version 1 from support.
VoltaicHD for Mac version 2.5.1
We have just released a bug fix release for VoltaicHD for Mac.
This release fixes a problem with FlamingoHD where AVCHD movies were not being sent to Voltaic. This was caused by the updated Applescript API in VoltaicHD 2.5
VoltaicHD 2.5.0 for PC and Mac out now!
We've finally released VoltaicHD version 2.5.0 for PC and Mac! Its been a while coming, and we think its been worth the wait.
This release brings the PC version of VoltaicHD up to par with the Mac version for the first time. Both versions now support the more advanced features of editing, YouTube publishing and Native AVCHD output.
PC new Features
* Shedworx AVCHD previewer - preview your AVCHD movies with no delay
* Editing - you can now trim, include/exclude and join clips directly from VoltaicHD
* Titles - add a title to your edited movie
* Send to Youtube - edit and send to Youtube all directly from VoltaicHD
* AVCHD Output - trim and join AVCHD movies to export a new AVCHD movie. Zero quality loss for the discerning editor!
VoltaicHD for PC has been built using the latest and greatest Microsoft development framework - .Net 4.0. If you don't have this installed already on your PC, you can get it from here.
Pricing for VoltaicHD for PC has been increased to $US39.99, in line with the Mac version, now that it contains all features of the Mac version.
Version 2.5 of VoltaicHD for PC is a free upgrade for all current VoltaicHD for PC users.
Mac New Features
This release is relatively minor for the Mac version of VoltaicHD. The key new Mac feature is Native AVCHD output. This function lets you trim and join AVCHD movies as before, but now gives you the option to create an AVCHD movie as output. We create the new AVCHD movie by trimming the source video and audio streams and creating a new AVCHD movie containing unaltered video and audio. This means that that output movie is exactly the same quality as the original.
Every video edit workflow that converts formats incurs some quality loss. Native AVCHD editing inside VoltaicHD provides you with 100% guaranteed lossless editing.
Version 2.5 of VoltaicHD for Mac is a free upgrade for all current VoltaicHD for Mac version 2 users.
VoltaicHD version 2.5 - for Mac and PC!
We've finally got both the PC and Mac versions of VoltaicHD into Beta testing and available for download.
We're a little behind schedule because we've been working on a separate video project for an OEM client. The work is all under NDA, but we can say that the work is all related to H.264 video streaming, using the software that powers our AVCHD previewer. The advances that we make in our OEM work will give us a better AVCHD previewer for ShedWorx later this year.
Version 2.5 sees the introduction of native AVCHD output. This means that you can now load up AVCHD movies, carry out simple trims and joins and export out AVCHD output.
This is significant because we do not convert the AVCHD video at all during this process. We just trim the video and audio streams, then re-package the output into a new AVCHD file. This means that the video is 100% of the quality that it was shot under. No other editor can do this.
We are still testing both versions, so they are not perfect yet. If you find any bugs that you think we might miss, please drop us a line.
VoltaicHD for Mac
On the Mac, version 2.5 includes just native AVCHD output as the new feature.
VoltaicHD for PC
On the PC, version 2.5 is a major change. Version 2.5 on the PC brings the PC version up to par with the Mac version, which includes native AVCHD output.
You will need the latest .Net framework (version 4.0) in order to run VoltaicHD for PC. This is available from our beta download page.
VoltaicHD For PC v2.3.6 Released
VoltaicHD v2.3.6 has been released and includes the following improvements:
- Improved Export to 24p
- Added option to rotate for Depth of Field adaptor.
VoltaicHD for Mac v2.0.2 released
VoltaicHD for Mac v2.0.2 adds some new features as well as introducing our first ever YouTube competition.
The following features have been added:
* New YouTube Competition has been added
* Simple titles can now be added to your final movie
* Added support for DOF (depth of Field) Adaptors
* Allowed multiple resolutions for YouTube uploads
VoltaicHD for Mac v2.0.1 released
VoltaicHD for Mac v2.0.1 fixes a few minor issues with our new release.
The following issues have been addressed:
* Fixed problems with conversions on OS X 10.4.
* Fixed problems uploading non AVCHD files to YouTube
* Fixed memory issues with very large ﬁles.
VoltaicHD for Mac v2.0.0 released
We have just released VoltaicHD for Mac v2.0.0.
It's our first major upgrade for VoltaicHD for Mac and contains many new features as well as bug fixes and improvements on the conversion processing.
The major new features include:
* ShedWorx now has an AVCHD Previewer which gives you a live preview of your movies.
* Edit your AVCHD movies prior to conversion.
* You can now send your movies direct to YouTube, iPhone, iPod and AppleTV.
* Improved conversion processing gives you even better quality results.
* Improved inverse telecine process for getting the best results from your 24p footage.
VoltaicHD for Mac v1.8.8 released
We've just released version 1.8.8 of VoltaicHD, which fixes a few problems for all of those who have made the leap into Snow Leopard.
VoltaicHD v2.3.5 has been released and includes the following improvements:
- Added Brazilian Portuguese translation.
- Other minor fixes.
VoltaicHD For PC v2.3.4 Released
- Added support to change video quality settings.
- Fixes for "slow motion" issues in GH1 files.
VoltaicHD for Mac v1.8.7 released
* Fixed toolbar enabling/disabling
* Fixed crashing on a large batch of files (reworked the threading stuff)
* Fixed the slow running problem on PowerPC unless minimised
* Reduced CPU load
* Fixed issues with converting AVCHD Lite files at the wrong speed
* Increased the number of demo mode conversion to 20
* Changed the log file to append logs rather than create a new file for each run
VoltaicHD for Mac v1.8.6 released
* Fixed issues with AVCHDLite ﬁles from Panasonic Lumix GH1.
* Instead of overwriting ﬁles it now appends a numerical sufﬁx to the new ﬁle.
* Can now handle Unicode characters in paths.
* Fixed issues with demo message continuing to appear when upgrading from an old version.
* Default output location changed to Desktop.
* Fixed error message when converting ﬁles with non standard resolutions.
VoltaicHD For PC v2.3.3 Released
- Added 24p inverse telecine pulldown support
- Fixed Quicktime movie to WMV issue.
- Added support for conversion to Quicktime movie.
- Greater support for AVCHD Lite.
VoltaicHD for Mac v1.8.5 released
Tue, 02/06/2009 - 08:44 — philg
* We have just released a new version of VoltaicHD for Mac (v1.8.5). Added 24p inverse telecine pulldown support.
* Fixed activation display issue.
* Greater support for Hauppage files.
VoltaicHD For PC v2.3.2 Released
Tue, 26/05/2009 - 08:29 — philg
VoltaicHD v2.3.2 has been released and includes the following improvements:
- Added proxy support.
- Fixed resizing issue.
VoltaicHD for Mac v1.8.4 released
Thu, 21/05/2009 - 14:22 — philg
* We have just released a new version of VoltaicHD for Mac (v1.8.4). Fixed crashing issue.
VoltaicHD for Mac v1.8.3 released
Tue, 12/05/2009 - 14:04 — philg
* We have just released a new version of VoltaicHD for Mac (v1.8.3). Added split file support (AVCHD and AVCHD Lite).
* Fixed conversion issue when launched from FlamingoHD.
* Fixed issue with background processes not stopping.
* Changed demo mode to be limited to 10 seconds for AVCHD clips. 50MB size limit still for Non-AVCHD clips.
VoltaicHD For PC v2.3.1 Released
Wed, 06/05/2009 - 11:34 — philg
VoltaicHD v2.3.1 has been released and includes the following improvements:
- Added support for processing split files.
- Fixed extract audio option.
- Added Czech translation.
VoltaicHD For PC v2.3.0 Released
Tue, 28/04/2009 - 16:33 — philg
VoltaicHD v2.3.0 has been released and includes the following improvements:
- now with AVCHD Lite support
- Major rewrite for encoding process. Fixes many WMV encoding issues.
- Added new deinterlacing option.
VoltaicHD for MAC v1.8.2 released
Mon, 20/04/2009 - 08:40 — philg
* We have just released a new version of VoltaicHD (v1.8.2). Stability update for the exporting process.
* Support for Hauppauge HD PVR files.
* Better support for AVCHD Lite cameras.
* Updated French translation (Thanks to Ronald A. Leroux)
VoltaicHD for MAC v1.8.1 released
Wed, 08/04/2009 - 13:11 — philg
We have just released a new version of VoltaicHD (v1.8.1).
* Various fixes for new Export process.
VoltaicHD for MAC v1.8.0 released
Tue, 17/03/2009 - 13:46 — philg
We have just released a new version of VoltaicHD (v1.8.0).
* The following items have been fixed/changed: Moved exporting process to background. No more hanging for 10.4 and PowerPC users.
* Fixes for Panasonic HMC, AVCHD Lite, JVC and CanonHF11 (detects duration and i/p correctly now) cameras
* Better feedback when non HFS drives are used as Scratch and Output directories
* Added Swedish Translation (Thanks to Marcus)
* Fixed activation issue for Airbooks
VoltaicHD For PC v2.2.4 Released
Mon, 19/01/2009 - 09:43 — philg
VoltaicHD v2.2.4 has been released and includes the following improvements:
- Added option to output WMV files to 720p or 540p
VoltaicHD For PC v2.2.3 Released
Tue, 09/12/2008 - 14:31 — philg
VoltaicHD v2.2.3 has been released and includes the following improvements:
- Fixed issue with stopping conversion.
- Fixed issue when using Report Problem and server is not found.
VoltaicHD for Mac v1.7.0 released
Mon, 08/12/2008 - 18:57 — justin
This release introduces the ability to convert a whole stack of different movie formats, not just AVCHD.
We now support DV, MPG, M4V, MP4 and TOD file extensions.
These formats are supported by QuickTime, so the conversion process will be quicker than usual.
One thing to note is that these conversions do cause VoltaicHD to be non-responsive. Don't worry - the conversion is happening. We'll make a change to run these exports in the background next year, thus re-enabling the progress indicator.
VoltaicHD For PC v2.2.2 Released
Mon, 27/10/2008 - 14:22 — philg
VoltaicHD v2.2.2 has been released and includes the following improvements:
- Fixes for the auto detection of Windows Media Player v11.
VoltaicHD for Mac version 1.6.2 released
Mon, 27/10/2008 - 10:23 — philg
VoltaicHD v1.6.2 has been released and includes the following improvements:
- Fix for machines running 10.5.* on PowerPC boxes.
VoltaicHD For PC v2.2.1 Released
Fri, 24/10/2008 - 09:52 — philg
VoltaicHD v2.2.1 has been released and includes the following improvements:
- Changes to the Update/Install mechanism.
- Fixed uninstall process.
VoltaicHD for Mac version 1.6.1 released
Wed, 22/10/2008 - 16:28 — philg
VoltaicHD v1.6.1 has been released and includes the following improvements:
- Added support for Sanyo and JVC Everio ﬁles.
- Fix for machines running 10.4.* on Intel boxes.
VoltaicHD for Mac version 1.6.0 released
Tue, 14/10/2008 - 20:42 — justin
We have just released version 1.6.0 of VoltaicHD for Mac.
The main change in this release is the addition of Advanced Export options under the Preferences. This allows you to export from VoltaicHD into any format supported by QuickTime on your computer, rather than just AIC.
This is also the first release that we have made using the auto-update function, so registered users should receive this update automatically.
Finally, we are testing a new conversion method using FFmpeg. This works for some cameras and is a significant speed-up for one part of the conversion process.
VoltaicHD For PC v2.2.0 Released
Wed, 08/10/2008 - 08:25 — philg
VoltaicHD v2.2.0 has been released and includes the following improvements:
- Now includes multilingual language support (Italian, French, Japanese, Polish). If you'd like to translate into your language then let us know !!
- Improved feedback when Windows Media Player v11 is not installed.
- Added auto-update functionality.
VoltaicHD for Mac version 1.5 released
Mon, 22/09/2008 - 09:54 — philg
VoltaicHD v1.5.0 has been released and includes the following improvements:
- Added auto-update functionality.
- Fix for machines running 10.4.* on Intel boxes.
VoltaicHD for Mac version 1.4.4 released
Wed, 10/09/2008 - 13:28 — justin
This is a bug fix release of VoltaicHD.
Fixed in this release is an incorrect frame rate setting that occurred only in 1440x1080i clips (PAL and NTSC) for AVCHD clips over 1Gb (i.e. greater than about 9 minutes) in size.
VoltaicHD for Mac version 1.4.3 released
Thu, 04/09/2008 - 16:16 — philg
VoltaicHD v1.4.3 has been released and includes the following improvements:
- Fixed problem when progress counter was being reset.
- Fix for machines running PowerPC and 10.5.
VoltaicHD for Mac version 1.4.2 released
Wed, 27/08/2008 - 08:58 — philg
VoltaicHD v1.4.2 has been released and includes the following improvements:
- Fixed logging issue.
- Minor fixes.
VoltaicHD For PC v2.1.1 Released
Mon, 18/08/2008 - 11:37 — philg
Minor release to fix XP and administrator related problems.
VoltaicHD for Mac version 1.4.1 released
Fri, 15/08/2008 - 09:08 — philg
VoltaicHD 1.4.1 has been released and includes the following improvements:
- Fix for machines running PowerPC and 10.5.
- Fix for error message indicating no space left when 'Same as Source' was selected.
VoltaicHD For PC v2.1.0 Released
Thu, 31/07/2008 - 12:39 — philg
VoltaicHD v2.1.0 has been released and includes the following improvements:
- Details panel now includes thumbnail preview
- Minor fixes
VoltaicHD for Mac version 1.4.0 released
Mon, 28/07/2008 - 12:59 — philg
Voltaic 1.4.0 has been released and includes the following improvements:
- Added a details drawer (which includes a new thumbnail preview)
- Minor fixes.
VoltaicHD for Mac version 1.3 released
Wed, 02/07/2008 - 20:13 — justin
This is the biggest release of VoltaicHD for Mac for some time.
Here's what we've included.
A progress indicator
We have had this requested many times so we've finally done it!
The VoltaicHD conversion takes place in 3 stage:
- Preparing: where the AVCHD file is 'unwrapped' to split out its video and audio streams
- Converting: the main conversion of the H.264 video
- Exporting: final encoding to AIC
The 'Converting' stage takes about 95% of the total elapsed time (although we are working on this a lot faster right now), so we're printing out the % complete for this stage.
Audio and Visual pop-up alerts
Some users have requested an audio or pop-up alert at completion of the batch. We've added this in, although it is a Preference setting, so you can turn it off.
A number of users have been asking for this ever since we first released VoltaicHD in July '07.
We've finally taken a break from the heavy duty video codec work to fit this in. The AppleScript interface for Voltaic lets you add files and convert the (of course) and also gives you access to the preferences. This allows you to process multiple batches of files using a script, changing output locations for each batch.
Over the next month we will post some sample AppleScript scripts which use VoltaicHD.
Here is a sample script which adds some files to VoltaicHD and converts them.
Voltaic AppleScript sample
One of our users has been good enough to translate VoltaicHD to Japanese.
VoltaicHD For PC v2.0.2 Released
Thu, 19/06/2008 - 14:20 — philg
Minor release to fix Vista Windows Encoder issues.
VoltaicHD for PC v2.0.1 Released
Mon, 09/06/2008 - 10:58 — philg
Minor release for VoltaicHD v2.0.1, which includes the following :
* Increase demo file sizes to 50MB.
* Support for new cameras including, Sony HDR-TG1, Sony HDR-SR10, Canon HF10 and Canon HF100.
VoltaicHD for Mac version 1.2.5 released
Mon, 02/06/2008 - 20:16 — justin
Voltaic 1.2.5 has been released to improve the handling of very large files and address a few minor bugs.
The bugs fixed in this release are:
- input file sizes up to 6Gb (and possibly much higher) now supported
- audio sync problem with very large NTSC clips fixed
- frame rate display issue in FCE fixed
VoltaicHD for Mac version 1.2.4 released
Wed, 07/05/2008 - 20:49 — justin
VoltaicHD 1.2.4 includes the following improvements:
- full support for 1920x1080 resolution clips
- removal of the requirement to have Perian installed for Final Cut users
- removal of the iMovie/Final Cut preference setting
VoltaicHD For PC v2.0 Released
Tue, 08/04/2008 - 13:19 — philg
The latest VoltaicHD for PC (now at v2.0) has just been released which contains the following features :
* Fixes for 2GB limitations. Now VoltaicHD for PC can process files larger than 2GB
* Performace improvements in the conversion process
* Minor bug fixes
* Readiness for AVCHD certification
VoltaicHD v1.2.3 Released
Tue, 01/04/2008 - 17:56 — philg
VoltaicHD now supports the brand new Sony SR11 and SR12 cameras in both PAL and NTSC modes.
VoltaicHD for Mac version 1.2.3 released
Thu, 27/03/2008 - 11:37 — justin
VoltaicHD now supports the Sony SR11 and SR12 in both PAL and NTSC modes.
VoltaicHD for Mac version 1.2.2 released
Mon, 17/03/2008 - 15:58 — justin
This version is a minor bug fix release for:
- an Activation problem affecting a small number of users
- Activation problems for users with non-ASCII characters in their name
- increased detail in the Voltaic log so that you don't need to give us extra details when emailing support
VoltaicHD v1.2.2 Released
Fri, 14/03/2008 - 15:39 — philg
This is a minor feature enhancement release containing the following:
- support for the 24p mode of the Panasonic HDC-SD9
VoltaicHD for Mac version 1.2.1 released
Fri, 14/03/2008 - 14:27 — justin
This is a minor feature enhancement release containing the following:
- support for the 24p mode of the Panasonic HDC-SD9
- a new output resolution of 540p (i.e. 960x540 progressive)
Voltaic HD for Mac version 1.2 released
Fri, 07/03/2008 - 13:33 — justin
Version 1.2 of VoltaicHD for Mac is now available.
The new features in this build are:
- a new Activation process. See the new HOWTO video.
- automatic detection of AVCHD clip frame rate and resolution.
- removal of Camera and Region preference settings.
The new Activation process means that we are no longer using a licence key in a file. This should help avoid problems emailing keys to people.
Now that we automatically detect the AVCHD clip settings you no longer need to set a Camera or Region. Also, you can clips of different types to the list and convert them all in the one batch.
This is a free upgrade for registered users.
VoltaicHD v1.2.1 Released
Mon, 03/03/2008 - 08:16 — philg
VoltaicHD v1.2.1 has just been released which now offers compatibility with Vista64 machines.
Also some minor issues have been fixed.
VoltaicHD v1.2 released !!
Sun, 17/02/2008 - 14:59 — philg
VoltaicHD for PC v1.2 is now ready for download after being granted licensing approval from Microsoft®. Now with WMV encoding, VoltaicHD for PC users now have the ability to convert their AVCHD files into either AVI or WMV format. By converting into WMV format this will solve the aspect ratio issues some people have been experiencing with cameras at 1440x1080 resolution. Movies converted from VoltaicHD for PC can now be viewed in 16:9 widescreen. The option of converting AVCHD files to AVI still exists. Both formats are editable in Movie Maker.
Some some minor issues have been fixed as well, i.e. being able to scroll down the list whilst the conversion process is underway and access denied issues when running under Vista. It will also require Windows Media Player 11 to take advantage of the latest codecs etc.
VoltaicHD for PC Version 1.1.1 released!
Wed, 16/01/2008 - 16:27 — justin
This release includes some optimisation of the conversion process and a bug fix for the activation process.
VoltaicHD 1.1.0 has just been released.
The main change in this version is how we deal with temporary files and that has been dramatically reduced now. So for all those users experiencing errors on larger files that problem should now be fixed.
For those users using 1920x1080 HD camcorders, VoltaicHD now correctly detects those settings so that the converted file retains the original resolution and is in Widescreen 16:9 format. For the Canon HG10 users, although this camera shoots in 1920x1080 mode, it only saves the footage as 1440x1080.
For those users using 1440x1080 HD camcorders, the converted file will be in 4:3 due to the nature of that resolution. However since the AVI file we create is only an intermediate file, you can easily use Movie Maker to publish that movie into 1920x1080 Widescreen 16:9 HD. Check out the FAQ for more info.
Also we have found that Vista Movie Maker v6 still has a few problems in publishing movies into 16:9 Widescreen format from a 1440x1080 video. We have come up with a special effect so that your published movie can still retain its Widescreen or 16:9 aspect. Check out the FAQ for more info.
We are working on support for 24p and 30p modes so watch this space. Also new HD camcorders are constantly being supported by VoltaicHD, so checkout the HD cameras link too find out more.
Please let us know of any problems you hit, and keep the suggestions for new features coming.
* Converts AVCHD video to an editable format on the Mac or PC.
* Converts clips on your computer with the camera unplugged!
* Speedy video clip transfer to your computer - frees up your camera for filming!
* Preview the first frame of your AVCHD video - before you convert it!
* Does not require the entire AVCHD file structure - works on standalone AVCHD files.
* Support for all AVCHD cameras (including AVCHD Lite)
* Universal binary software - works on PowerPC and Intel Macs*.
* Can convert to any QuickTime supported video format - not just AIC**.
* Accepts the vast majority of QuickTime® supported video formats as conversion inputs - not just AVCHD**.
* Apple's AVCHD converter (in both iMovie'08 and Final Cut Pro) only supports Intel platforms.
** VoltaicHD® for Mac is not only a solid AVCHD converter, it is a fully functional video converter supporting almost all QuickTime video formats as inputs and/or outputs!
* Can export to WMV or AVI video format.
* Let's you edit HD videos with Microsoft® Movie Maker or other video editing suite on the PC (such as Adobe® Premiere Pro CS3 or Sony Vegas Pro (WMV only)).
* Enables you to edit your video on your current hardware and software - no need to buy expensive new gear.
Claims to convert MTS to AVI, but doesn't let you specify the codec to use for the AVI file as is possible in most tools that support AVI (Adobe Premiere, Virtual Dub), etc. Makes the tool kind of useless IMHO. Glad I did the free trial before paying.
It's certainly easy to use, but the 1440x1080 clip I threw at it was erroneously seen as 4:3 A/R and there's no method I could find to override and make it the correct 16:9. Voltaic promises a fix for this in their next version. Also uses the open source avcodec libraries. Output looked good, AVI was in MS Mpeg4 format suitable for Windows Movie Maker and similar apps.
Posted January 03, 2008 by Soopafresh.
Tool version 1.0.14
using OS WinXP
Ease of use 10
Value for money 7
Overall score 7
1 tool hits, Showing
NEW SOFTWARE= New tool since your last visit
NEW VERSION= New version since your last visit
NEW COMMENTS= New comments since your last visit
Type and download NO MORE UPDATES? = The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years. NO LONGER DEVELOPED = The software hasn't been updated in over 3 years.
RECENTLY UPDATED = The software has been updated the last 31 days. Freeware = Free software. Free software = Free software and also open source code. Freeware/Adware = Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Free software/Adware = Free software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Trialware = Also called shareware or demo. Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions. Payware = No demo or trial available.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a BETA, RC(Release Candidate) and even a ALPHA version of the software.
Download (direct link) = A direct link to the software download.
Download (developer's site) = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64 bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = No installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com.