Email me when it has been updated
Report this tool (dead link/new version)
Version history / Release notes / Changelog:
0.27.1 Released Hide changelog
We are proud to announce MythTV 0.27.1.
0.27.1 is more than your traditional point release: 0.27.1 is our best release ever. While it doesn't have major new user features, it has received over 340 improvements.
Lots have been rewritten under the hood to provide the best user experience ever. In particular, and to make the critics quiet, LiveTV has received an extreme levels of attention.
A big thank you to everyone who made this possible: the devs and all our users who have contributed more than ever via bug reports, bug fixes and testing.
Check the Release Notes for more details, and how to upgrade your existing system.
0.27 is now available, unless you're one of the many who have been running it since the Release Candidate, in which case it continues to be available! We thought about giving this release a wacky codename, an idea that became even more popular after the news of Android KitKat raised the prospect of a corporate tie-in. At this time sadly our emails to the PR departments of several major breweries have gone unanswered, so the release continues to be called 0.27 and we remain (mostly) sober.
This release saw a determined effort to squash bugs, particularly those found through Static Analysis (Coverity, Cppcheck) and alternate compilers (Clang, Visual Studio et al). This is an on-going effort, but 0.27 has seen issues reported by those applications drop by 95%.
Major new features include support for streaming music stations in mythmusic and support for Airplay and Airtunes. For our users in the UK and Ireland there is improved Interactive TV support, with iPlayer for Freesat, ConnectedTV for Freeview and Soarview! A full listing can be found in the Release Notes (still being updated). Other changes include a number of improvements to the recording scheduling interface to make it simpler for the most common usage, these have proved very popular in feeback from beta testers.
I'd like to remind everyone that 0.25.x has now reached End of Life and 0.26.x is End of Support. Please upgrade to 0.27 to benefit from bug fixes and to receive support.
0.27 Release Candidate Available
The 0.27 release candidate is now available. This release features many bug fixes since the Alpha and Beta releases of July and August. We thank to all those who helped to test 0.27 before now and now invite everyone else to get involved by testing the release candidate. As most of you will be aware, MythTV is a community driven project, entirely supported by the work of volunteers and we need everyone's help to ensure that 0.27 is free of as many bugs as possible before it's final release. So please upgrade to the release candidate and help to make 0.27 the most stable release yet!
Some distributions are already working to make 0.27 available in package form but if you cannot wait, or if a package is not yet available for your platform you can download the source code instead. It's availble in tarball form from our Github mirror or it may be cloned directly from the git repo using the following command:
git clone -b fixes/0.27 git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git
We are happy to announce that we have now released v0.27-alpha.
The proposed schedule for the v0.27 release cycle is as follows:
July 21st - 0.27-alphaBug fixes only, soft freeze for translatable strings.
August 4th - 0.27-betaOnly critical bug fixes allowed after this date.
August 11th - 0.27-rc1 First Release Candidate, hard freeze for translatable strings. If critical bug fix required, we will cut new rc and wait another week.
TBD - rc2-xAs needed
TBD - ReleaseRC becomes release when no bug fix required for one week.
As always these dates are subject to change if the resolution of some critical/blocker bugs needed it.
Release notes can be found http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.27
0.26 is now available for download. This is a more modest release than those of the recent past with many of the changes being internal reorganisations required to support future developments.
Notable changes include:
HTTP Live Streaming playback and recording
Conversion of internal times to UTC allowing smoother transitions around daylight savings changes
Several performance improvements to the UI
A greater number of translations (nine) are 100% complete for this release with a few more very near to completion. This number should grow by the time of the 0.26.1 point release.
The usual bug fixes and incremental improvements
0.25 Finally Released!
Although we may not be known for using a witty naming scheme, and the version number only increments itself by a single "hundredth" every major release, we're extremely proud to announce the immediate release of what we loving refer to as - "0.25"! It's been 516 days (that's 1 year, 4 months, 30 days) since our last major release, so it goes without saying that a significant amount of work has made its way in to this current release with over 5200 commits making up 0.25.
MythTV version 0.25 includes several significant new features. A few key items to point out - new video acceleration capabilities such as VAAPI and DirectX Video Acceleration 2; expanded and improved audio capabilities including E-AC3, TrueHD, and DTS-HD support; Control your TV and other AV components via CEC (Consumer Electronics Control); enhanced and integrated metadata management capabilities for recordings and videos, and a fully functional API for third-party apps to build upon that can interact with both the frontend and backend - including a HTTP Live Streaming capabilities for delivering video content, in real-time, via the API.
Also noteworthy - MythMusic has been completely re-written and MythVideo is now directly integrated rather than being distributed as a separate plugin. Additionally, MythThemes is no longer maintained as a separate repository – all themes, including third party themes, can now be downloaded directly from the frontend theme chooser.
To see a full list of the "user-impacting" additions, changes, and bug-fixes that make up this release, please take a look at the release notes on the wiki. http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.25
Release Notes - 0.25 beta
Key New Features
MythTV Services API - services available for both MythFrontend and MythBackend
Capable MythNetvision sources can now be controlled via remote(lirc)
HTTP Live Streaming Capabilities - ability to expose recordings and videos via the services API
CEC Capabilities - 2-way communication/control capabilities between MythTV and capable devices such as TVs, receivers, STBs, etc.
3D support - for Side-by-Side and Top-and-Bottom 3D
IPv6 support - for mythbackend and mythfrontend (see Enable IPv6)
HTTP control and query capabilities for MythFrontend (Currently a Proof of Concept)
AirTunes/AirPlay support for streaming audio and video from iOS devices to MythFrontend
E-AC3, TrueHD, and DTS-HD digital pass-through support
Hardware Profiler - helps developers understand the user's hardware landscape and statistics (opt-in)
Initial animation support for MythUI
MythMessage - a user messaging interface (replacement for mythtvosd)
DirectX Video Acceleration 2 (DXVA2) on Windows (alpha support)
New, robust Microsoft Windows build script
Release Notes - 0.24.2
0.24.2 is a bug fix release, and is the culmination of over 100 commits from [347cd24] to [b151996]. Further development along this branch will continue to be documented on the 0.24-fixes release notes. Changes new to the 0.24 branch can still be found in the 0.24 release notes. Below is a documentation of the additive changes that make up the 0.24.2 release.
MythTV 0.24.1 Available
0.24.1 is a bug fix release, and is the culmination of nearly 300 commits from [v0.24-1-gcf098b7] to [v0.24-289-gb5a3805b]. Further development along this branch will continue to be documented on the 0.24-fixes release notes. Changes new to the 0.24 branch can still be found in the 0.24 release notes. Below is a documentation of changes that make up the 0.24.1 release.
Release Notes - 0.24
* MythUI OSD
* Blu-ray disc/folder parsing and playback.
* Metadata grabbing in MythGame
* Fully automatic metadata grabbing in MythVideo, allow users to select artwork to be downloaded
* Embedded text subtitle support in MKV and others
* Blu-ray and DVD multi-angle
* Online theme browser and downloader
* Experimental Broadcom Crystal HD hardware decoding support
* Large audio refactor:
o Auto population of soundcard devices in settings
o Multichannel audio, analog or LPCM, output up to 7.1 channels
o Support audio bit depth > 16 bits (24 bits, 32 bits and float)
o SSE enhanced audio sample format conversion
o Audio downmix capability
o Automatic conversion to audio format supported by the hardware (bit depth, samplerate, channels)
* Large OSD, Captioning/subtitle, and Video Playback refactor
* Support for (unencrypted) ISOs, VIDEO_TS, and BDMV over storage groups
* Substantial rework, stabilization, and improvement of DVD playback
MythTV 0.23.1 Available
* A recent bugfix required that we upgrade the version of the communication protocol used between the various MythTV components. In order to allow users to keep track of this change, we are pleased to announce that 0.23.1 has been released, which includes the aforemented bug fix along with many others.
Release Notes - 0.23
These are an overview of the changes in the 0.23 release of MythTV. Some of these changes, most notably the fixes, have been backported to the 0.22-fixes release.
* New event system 
* Rewritten and greatly expanded python bindings 
* Addition of MythNetvision Plugin 
* New audio with surround sound upmixer
* Addition of Arclight Theme 
* 15% faster software H.264 decoder 
* Channel Scanner - Analog channel scanning fixed 
* Rewritten and greatly expanded python bindings 
* Addition of Arclight Theme 
* New event system 
* Rewritten audio (simplified configuration, multi-channels upmixing, automatic resampling).
* Addition of MythNetvision Plugin 
* Add support for DCX-3432 
* Simplified audio setup (digital audio users will need to edit their settings, typically if using surround setup, change Stereo to 5.1)
* Channel Scanner - Analog channel scanning fixed 
* Ability to upmix stereo material to 5.1 and encode as AC3 (similar in quality to DTS Neo)
* Upmixer toggle
* Automatic detection of hardware supported sample rates
* Automatic high-quality bitrate resampling to play any content on any hardware (using SRC library)
* Preservation of timestretch across stream changes
* Simplify Audio User Settings
* Various digital passthrough fixes
* Fix digital passthrough for windows 
* Software volume for digital audio
* FFmpeg sync to revision 21657 
* Add AVChapter support (works with Matroska and OGG chapters)  
* ITU BT709 colorspace (HD-TV) support and studio levels (RGB 16-235) (with VDPAU only) 
* Allow multiple dots in external subtitle filenames 
* Speed up recording playback startup by loading the osd menu more quickly 
* Removes PVR-350 output support 
* Internal dvd player - sorts audio tracks based on logical order 
* Remove the StickyKeys setting for fast forward/rewind  
* Scale and position DVD/DVB subtitles according to the display size  
* Add support for 2.35:1 aspect ratio override 
* New improved VDPAU rendering code  
* Fix VDPAU high quality scaling 
* Improved AVFormatDecoder seeking 
* Fix seeking to the beginning of certain streams that have non-zero start times 
* Add support for the repeat_pict count and improve the handling of certain A/V sync cases 
* Add support for MPEG4 hardware acceleration  
* Don't try and switch renderer if the video resolution is unchanged 
* Make VideoDisplayProfile options platform dependant 
* Improved handling of aspect ratio changes in the video stream 
* Add to configure k8-sse3, opteron-sse3, athlon64-sse3, and barcelona as valid x86 cpus 
* Use timecode for time based SRT subtitles instead of frameNumber 
* CEA-708 Subtitling improvements 
* Speed up font loading in OSD 
* Fix OpenGL fonts on windows 
* Various build fixes including   
* Refresh rate fixes for Windows 7 
* Fix the Metallurgy 'programguide-video' window definition. 
* Theme the program details screen in Metallurgy 
* Punch up some colors in the base.xml so that they are visible on all screens 
* Add an menu entry in the Info Center menu item for MythTwitter 
* Tweak metallury's system status screen so things fit a little better 
* Various MythCenter and MythCenter-wide theme updates         plus many more
* Declare the correct charset in the Program Details html 
* Add welcome-ui.xml to Metallurgy theme
* Change the time format on Terra's backgrounds to hh:mm 
* Add the missing state type that indicates whether an image is marked in MythGallery to the Terra theme 
* Add the iconhelp popup to Terra 
* Optionally re-enable some of the "Delete Recordings" screen lost in the switch to MythUI  
* Allow the themer to show what recording group you are currently in 
* Make background an optional element for MythUITextEdit 
* Theme the game detail popup in Terra 
* Theme part of MythNetvision in Terra 
* Theme the web browser in Terra 
* Theme the System Status screen in Terra 
* Theme the main MythNews window in Terra 
* Display Video coverart when appropriate in the Blackcurves OSD 
* Use QFont::setStretch() to allow us to handle non-square pixels such as those on my 16:9 plasma that is only 1024x768 resolution 
* Remove the old, legacy themes 
* Add some extra information to the description panel in BlackCurves-OSD 
* Add a version of welcome-ui.xml to the Terra theme 
* Update Norwegian translations        
* Update Italian translations 
* Update Finnish translations 
* Update Danish translations    
* Update Italian translation   
* Update French translations |23783}}
* Automatic font loading for theme-provided fonts, so system installation is no longer required 
* Allow right mouse clicks to close menus 
* Convert the DVD/Video bookmark popup to MythUI 
* Convert the 'View Schedule Changes' screen to mythui 
* Update MythDialogBox to emit a closed signal passing a reason for the closure 
* Add Cut, Copy and Paste support to MythUITextEdit 
* Support DELETE in MythUITextEdit 
* Allow the middle mouse button to paste from the selection buffer into textedits on platforms which support it 
* Optimised image loading from cache 
* Add dynamic buttonlist layouts to MythUIButtonList 
* Reduce CPU usage in MythUI by 70 ms per second by using a replacement timer class 
* Adds <minsize> tag to <textarea>, <shape> and <imagetype> 
* Allow retrieval of text from named textarea in a button list item 
* Allow a user style sheet to be loaded in MythUIWebBrowser 
* Removes Xbox blinkenlights support 
* Removes DBox2 support 
* Fix incorrect status being displayed in the mythfrontend status box for a tuner that has an error 
* Add a RemoteFile::Hash method 
* Adds a GetSettings() method to MythDB to bulk load DB settings (speeds up playback startup) 
* Fixes the out-of-sync previews on different frontends bug 
* Speeds up Watch Recordings updates 
* Reconnect frontend to backend after disconnects 
* Fix NEXTSOURCE, PREVSOURCE, NEXTINPUT, and NEXTCARD key bindings 
* Allows all the items in a playlist to be marked as watched/unwatched 
* Contextualise 'Watch Recordings' menu 
* Fix keybinding usage consistency issues and keybinding collision between Global EDIT keybinding and TV Frontend CustomEdit keybinding 
* Change INFO to display the program details on the Program Search and Previously Recorded screens 
* Remove the "Show Group Summary" setting 
* Fix pluginname parsing on the mythfrontend command line  
* Add some additional guide categories 
* Don't block LIRC & JOYSTICK when mounting a file-system 
* Immediately delete recordings from UI when the user deletes them 
* Restore the minimum truncate rate for slow deletes 
* Don't block with the myth_system() commands in the screensaver handling 
* Fix the screenshot filename used with the ScreenShot jump point 
* When running under a managed session, use that session's tools to shutdown/reboot 
* Add a --python= option to configure 
* Sync --extra-cflags handling with ffmpeg's configure 
* Fix playback of filenames with spaces in 'play file' command. 
* Addition of a new event system to allow external system calls to be triggered on any listening system. 
* Speeds up the handling of no-file and zero-byte recordings on the backend 
* Adds an import recorder 
* Don't try to autoexpire things we've already failed to autoexpire 
* Removed the ComplexPriority scheduler setting and added a feature to warn when a less preferred showing of a program might be recorded 
* Don't allow mythbackend to upgrade the schema when called with --printsched, --testsched, --resched, --printexpire, or --generate-preview 
* Add TCP keepalive to MythSocket connections 
* Upgrade hdhomerun to version 20100121 of SiliconDust's lib 
* Add Czech DVB-T frequency table 
* Add Greek DVB-T Frequency table 
* Add WMAPRO codec identification 
* Allow the 'wants' events' field in the ANNounce string to specify whether a client wants to receive (0) no events, (1) all events, (2) non-system events, or (3) only system events 
* Add SECAM-DK option to list of v4l TV formats 
Mac OS X
* Add season/episode/subtitle to the title in mytharchive when archiving videos 
* MythFlix was dropped from MythTV after the 0.22 release 
* Add some menu entries to mark/unmark a single image or all images in the current directory 
* Migrate to QT4 
* Make MythGame obey the global EDIT action for consistency 
Fixes MythMovies operation due to newly-redirecting server layout 
* Make a few more widgets optional in MythNews 
* Use image/jpeg enclosures as thumbnails in MythNews instead of trying to play them 
* Add MythNetvision as a MythTV Plugin for watching internet content. BETA RELEASE 
* Handle HTTP Redirects in the RSS Feed Manager 
* New Grabber for Leo Laporte's TWiT.tv (This Week In Tech) 
* Add options to enable/disable background updating of RSS and site maps 
* Add a hashing method to MythVideo. Allows the user to move or rename files as they wish without losing metadata.  
* Add a new grabber script for version 2.1 of the TMDB API, tmdb.py. 
* Add ReleaseDate and Homepage parsing from the grabber scripts. Integrate MythBrowser popups to view Homepage straight from MythVideo (INFO->Video Info->View Homepage) 
* Fix jump points not always working properly in MythVideo 
* Fix MythWeather's location searches following changes at the BBC's Weather Forecast site 
* Improved location searching in the 'uk_bbc' MythWeather scripts 
* Add "New York City Doppler Radar 600" animated weather map 
* Fix the script loading progress bar not always being visible 
* Fix switching units and locations not working properly 
* Complete overhaul of internal structure. Intended to abstract database access away from user, replaced by directly editable data objects. 
* Modify mythtranscode such that it doesn't attempt to transcode files when --buildindex is used 
Add a --clearskiplist option to mythcommflag to allow clearing the commercial skip list for a recording 
* Various theme updates 
* Port mythlcdserver to QT4 
* mythvidexport.py - User job for exporting recordings to MythVideo 
* mythfs.py - FUSE program for mounting recording directories with user defined formatting 
* mythlink.pl - Rework of mythrename.pl to remove capacity to rename recordings. 
* 6200ch - Add support for QIP-6200 and DCX-3432 
* 6200ch - Add support for 4-digit channels 
* Add an upstart script 
* Remove the file-renaming support from mythrename.pl 
* Modify mythlink.pl to allow creating a symlink for a specific recording file using the --filename or --chanid and --starttime arguments 
Release notes updated through revision  (September 2009)
* MythTV UI ported to new MythUI library with all new capabilities
* VDPAU Video renderer and decoder for hardware accelerated playback of H.264, MPEG-1/2, WMV, and VC-1
* DVB-S2 support
* Support for the Hauppauge HD-PVR
* HDHomeRun Multirec support
* New channel scanner
* All new default UI theme and OSD theme
* Mythvideo now has season/episode support, fanart, banners, screenshots and much, much more
* Added Automatic Prioritization to the scheduler which uses watching behavior to automatically increase priority of shows that are watched close to their recording timeslot over shows that are delayed for longer periods of time. See  for details until the wiki page is populated.
* Windows port improvements
* Mythbrowser now uses webkit and has no dependencies on KDE libs
* MythMusic has fewer external dependencies
* MythTV switches from Qt 3.4 to Qt 4.4 libraries  (No changes affecting end-user!)
* MythPhone has been dropped
Released 8th March 2008
These are the changes in the 0.21 release of MythTV. Some of these changes, most notably the fixes, have been backported to the 0.20.2 release.
Release notes updated through revision , current revision 
Added Watch List feature to Watch Recordings listing programs most useful to watch in order to catch up on series and shows you have fallen behind in watching.
Added support for QAM recording using HDHomeRun device. Requires firmware 21-09-2006 or newer.
New official plugins:
MythMovies: provides show times and cinema listings based on Zip/Post code and a given radius.
MythZoneMinder: ZoneMinder is a system for monitoring CCTV cameras. It uses a web interface which doesn't work very well on a MythTV only system so the plugin provides a remote friendly interface to some of the functions provided by ZM.
Added storage groups. This allows multiple recording directories, where each storage group is a list of directories.
Added auto discovery of MythTV servers/frontends
Reduced mythfrontend memory consumption by upto 75% depending on theme and resolution.
requires MySQL 5.0
Allows multiple recordings with one DVB/ATSC card if the channels are in the same multiplex (Multirec)
Enhancements for multi channel audio (up-converting stereo, re-encoding to AC3)
MythTV 0.20.2 Release
* Support for SchedulesDirect including caching and multiple MythTV video sources per SD lineup
* Reduced mythfrontend memory consumption by up to 75% depending on theme and resolution.
* Faster startup of mythfrontend and mythtv-setup from changes to theme prescaling.
* Improved default theme images with better scaling and anti-aliasing
* Backported XMLTV changes to help former Zap2It users switch to a new grabber
* Improved --version output, including the branch name.
* Entire UPnP stack from trunk backported to address numerous UPnP problems
* Fixes for ATSC (QAM, VSB) channel scanning
* Fix compilation on systems with both QT3 and QT4 installed by using QTDIR to find the right qmake
* Fix some recording rules being deleted a day early which caused missed recordings
* Fix stuttering playback caused by refresh rate detection problem
* Fixes hdtv, stereo and subtitle icons, by ensuring we link correctly against the recordedprogram table.
* Fix segfault when accessing mythtv-setup over ssh from a machine without XRandR.
* Fix some discrepancies in how the preview generator determines the filename.
* Various updates for german EIT encoding fixups
* Fix. A "video" stream with an unknown codec will no longer cause the frontend to exit.
* IVTV recording fixes
* Fix incorrect use of free() instead of delete.
* Fix screen repainting problems when using offsets and opengl.
* Fixes for positioning in the MythCenter-wide program finder screen
* Fix UTF8 Characters being corrupted for recording titles
* Fix for cifsxxxx files being left around after a transcode
* Fix an issue of the wrong filter name appearing in the title section when the user aborted changing filters when trying to change to a Recording Group that had a password.
* Fix, force Latin encoding for EIT for two German DVB-T Channels.
* Don't exit the backend if the user has misconfigured their capture cards.
* Allow --version to be used across ssh even without X11 forwarding.
* Allow mythfrontend to be built against libdca if it is installed instead of libdts
* Fix spacing of audio/subtitle track description in OSD Info Popup
* Fix EIT 'airdate' sanity check
* Fix, prevent duplicate CI ids
* Fix mythvideo bug where both metadata trees could be built at the same time.
* Fix file browse issue where filenames were incorrectly converted to titles.
* Fixes needed due to allocine site changes.
* Fix pruning of empty directories in views.
* Fixes path issues
* Fixes and improvements to the imdb script
* Adds a new option "Let transcode determine frame rate"
* Fix mytharchive/mythburn to work with recent versions of ffmpeg.
* Fix mythvideo bug where both metadata trees could be built at the same time.
* Fixes to multipass encoding (HQ Profile)
* Give the mythmusic plugin an eject button.
* Fix. Don't keep trying to play ejected CD (partial solution for one scenario)
* Fixes for Flac 1.1.4
* Correct a bunch of broken/missing translation strings (#3406)
* Errors messages when unable to connect to MSNBC and weather.com are now suppressed
* Fixes for the mobile-template detection
* Add Opera Mobile browser as a recognised mini-browser
* Fix for PHP 5.2.x session bug
* Fix broken 'copy' feature
* Add wmv to known filetypes
* Fix Compilation issue with X11
* Disabled by default in configure since it no longer works
The official announcement for 0.20 is here. It has all the download links and information about the official release.
* Added MythArchive plugin for archiving recorded shows
* Menus are now drawn by MythUI using OpenGL. This option can be enabled/disabled in the Appearance settings.
* Improved internal DVD player - now supporting menus and other missing features
* Added MHEG content implementation (Interactive TV in UK)
* Added Hotplug support for removable media in Media Monitor and MythGallery
* Added support for the HDHomeRun encoding device
* Added support for basic FreeBox recorders
* Added support for H.264 (aka MPEG-4 AVC) TS decoding
* Added an MPEG1/MPEG2/MPEG4-AVC IP network recorder
* Added internal UPnP server support for TV and Music
* Added experimental second commercial detector
* New socket class for backend communications
* OSD image cache which improves channel changing speed
* Fixed program transition while Watching LiveTV
* Added beginnings of firewire capture support for MacOS
* Support for DVB radio channels and guide data collected via EIT for them
* Added mouse support in menus, including gestures
The official announcement for 0.19 is here. It has all the download links and information about the official release.
The major changes in this release are:
* LiveTV rewritten to support saving buffered content while watching
* Signal Monitoring for DVB and pcHDTV recorders
* Ending times may be changed while recordings are in progress
* Playgroups allow for default playback options on recordings
* Channel changes can be made across tuners without changing tuners manually first
* New popup keyboard simplifies setup using remote
* Preview schedule changes when making adjustments to recording schedules
* Added ability to control MythFrontend through a telnet socket
* Closed captioning support on PVR-250/350 (but not 150/500) cards, DVB subtitles, and other cards supporting VBI information.
* New theme (MythCenter), new plugin (MythFlix), and new contributed programs (mythlcdserver, mythwelcome)
* Signficantly overhauled MythWeb, please read the README for details and installation instructions
* Added a basic internal DVD player, removing the need to use Xine or Mplayer
0.18.1 (May 16, 2005)
* Bug fixes:
o Correction of typos in html status page.
o Configure additions to properly build mythbrowser.
o Fix for time stretch bugs -- OSD now displays correct values.
o Fix to correct non-visible channels being visible in browse mode.
o FireWire mpeg2ts sync bugfix.
o Datadirect failures are handled without deleting guide data.
o Assorted UI element drawing order improvements.
o EPG Jump to Channel fixes.
o Scrolling text and popup menu wrap-around fixes in OSD.
o Fix for live TV audio loss when viewing mpeg2 transport streams.
o Fix for proper mpeg2 transport stream handling when using UniChrome XvMC.
* New features:
o Support for the LxM Suite services. Basically, this is a subscription-based data-services/extras setup, with some of the money coming back towards the project in the form of development bounties. More info on the site, but, seems fairly neat to me. The initial theme that they're working on looks rather nice, too. (It's nowhere near as dark running on a TV as it appears on a monitor). I'm personally not involved with this terribly much, but one of the other major developers (Donavan Stanley) has been working really closely with them setting this up.
o Internal channel-change over firewire support for DCT-6200 series cable boxes - no external program required like before.
0.18 (April 15, 2005)
0.16 (Sep 10)