Media Player Classic - BE (MPC-BE) is based on the original "Media Player Classic" project (Gabest) and "Media Player Classic Home Cinema" project (Casimir666), contains additional features and bug fixes.
+ SPEEX decoder (Speex Audio);
+ MPC Audio Renderer - completely rewritten, now it fully supports WASAPI Exclusive/Shared modes. Uses event mode for rendering. Added internal volume control. Sound mute is also possible for Bitstream;
+ MPC Video Decoder: dynamic video stream / aspect ratio / frame size changing during playback is supported now;
+ MP4Splitter - Speex (Speex Audio) support;
+ MPEGSplitter - added (improved) support for Blu-ray with Seamless branching;
+ G2M video decoder (Go2Webinar);
+ LCDShader by JanWillem32;
+ XSPF (XML Shareable Playlist Format) support;
+ VMware Video ('VMnc') support;
+ Handling playlists (multiplaylist) from YouTube.com;
+ Opening and saving links from Vimeo.com;
+ Ability to set paths (templates) for automatic audio tracks loading;
+ Support for AAC stream playback in ShoutCastSource;
+ Support for description tag in ShoutCastSource;
+ Support for DVB subtitles in .wtv (Windows Media Center TV File);
+ MPEG-1/MPEG-2 software decoders based on ffmpeg;
+ Full support for Apple's MPEG2 in MP4/MOV Splitter ;
+ Parsing TrueHD in MPEGSplitter;
+ VC1-I decoding without DXVA;
+ Ability to open the file open dialog for adding files from the playlist;
+ Forced one-window mode;
+ Filter priority management system - choosing filters for specific file formats;
+ Alternate handling of Youtube video: the stream is downloaded into a temporary file in the current user's TEMP folder, and then played; the temporary file is deleted after playback;
+ Ability to choose desired format for Youtube clips;
+ Support for bitstreaming DTS-HD/E-AC3 (DDPlus)/TrueHD through HDMI;
+ Tag Specifications support. The information on the author, track's title, etc. is read and displayed;
+ Support for reading/displaying Album's data for FLAC, WavPack and MusePack;
+ Unsychronised lyrics support;
+ Support for V210 in MP4/MOV Splitter;
+ v210 video decoder;
+ Ability to specify image quality upon saving frames and thumbnails;
+ Speex support in OggSplitter;
+ MPEG1 support in AviSplitter;
+ Support for .avi's created with Matrox's MPEG-2 in AviSplitter;
+ OPUS support in MatroskaSplitter;
+ ALAC support in MatroskaSplitter;
+ MEDIASUBTYPE_Divx ('Divx') support;
+ Support for reading EDID info from monitor/TV;
+ Support for files with an ID3 Tag in the beginning in MusePackSplitter;
+ Automatic ShellExt registration from MPC-BE;
... and many more.
* MpaDecFilter - A/V sync (TimeStamp correction) is disabled when playing audio files and audio-only streams;
* Improved Interlaced frame detection in H.264 DXVA decoder;
* Updated frame size restrictions for VP5 video cards;
* Improved H.264 support in AVISplitter;
* Added support for AVC1-style video inside .avi;
* Added validity check for PTS;
* Improved .avi detection in MPCVideoDecFilter: it's now detected by header only, extension check is removed;
* Youtube parser: detecting video format by itag value;
* Before opening http/https/www links their validity is checked;
* Improved ShoutCast handling, links to playlists are handled better;
* SeekBar now shows data download progress (Buffering), mouse pointer is also changed;
* .M3U playlist parser is updated. Reading .M3U playlists is greatly improved;
* File format categories in the file opening dialog are optimized;
* The "Save Thumbnails" button is disabled for streaming video and for the video that is still being downloaded (Buffering ...);
* The correct name is used for saving a screenshot or thumbnail from Youtube;
* Improved handling HTTP/1.1 links in ShoutcastSource;
* Improved streaming audio handling in OggSplitter;
* Improved audio track selection strategy. Now it works correctly with external splitters. Information on presence of the Forced/Default flag is available from the external splitter;
* MatroskaSplitter: adding "Default" to the track's name (even if it has the Forced flag set);
* OggSplitter: improved ogg + vorbis support, now it is possible to play local files and streaming with changing pages;
* FLVSplitter: added reading file duration from the header;
* MatroskaSplitter: changed seeking principle, corrupt files and files without or with little key frames (MetaSeek/Cues info) are now seeked much better;
* Improved behavior of FLV/MP4 splitters with incomplete files;
* Improved reading data (ID and language) about audio and subtitle tracks from an .IFO file;
* MPEGSplitter: improved tracks parsing (search) inside an MPEG stream;
* MP4Splitter: improved setting MediaType for Apple MPEG2 (HDV/XDV) output;
* MP4Splitter: improved searching for some files;
* OGGSplitter: improved seeking for files with Theora Video;
* MatroskaSplitter: improved key frames (MATROSKA_ID_CUES) and chapters (MATROSKA_ID_CHAPTERS) parsing;
* MPEGSplitter: improved HDMV LPCM parsing;
* FLVSplitter: improved handling of streaming data;
* Improved user-specified audio track selection, now it is possible to specify several conditions delimited by |;
* Disallowed striked and underlined fonts for default subtitles' style;
* Removed color selection in subtitle options;
* Forced toolbar redraw during window dragging;
* File opening dialog now offers a correct path (from the last opened file);
* Improved FlyBar functioning together with madVR;
* Last used path is now remembered for loading external DirectShow filter from file, loading external subtitles and DVD/BD opening dialogs;
* Changed elements display logic in subtitle options menu;
* MpaDecFilter, Real Audio decoding: if there are no data in the extradata block from the splitter, simply trying to decode "as is";
* Improved saving playlist in the .M3U format - added label information;
* Improved WavPack Parser behavior - playback duration is now calculated correctly;
* Slightly changed duplicates search upon adding a filter to the graph;
* Improved handling of covers with .jpeg and .png extensions. Added the "%file_name%.jpg" template;
* Removed Level & ReFrames restriction for Intel video cards;
* Playlist management is disabled for BD if internal MPEGSplitter is not selected in the options;
* Increased buffer size for playlist download;
* Improved streaming MPEG-TS (IPTV) playback;
* The MediaInfo tab is not shown for links now;
* Implemented starting upon pressing Enter in the playlist. Added support for multi-selection, Ctrl+A selects all, Ctrl+I inverts selection;
* Disabled deletion upon pressing BackSpace in Favorites;
* Improved MediaType checking algorithm for subtitles;
* MPEGSplitter: optimized streaming MPEG-TS handling;
* Added ability to change file "Properties" dialog's size, the new size is remembered;
* The menu with audio tracks is now shown on the toolbar for files without video;
* Disabled attempts to build preview graph for audio;
* MPEGSplitter: added an option to enable/disable dummy subtitles output;
* Improved madVR handling in multi-monitor configurations;
* OGGSplitter: improved Opus playback, packet duration is now calculated correctly;
* EVR Custom: VSync is not used on pause;
* MPC-BE playlist: added possibility to save/load element's duration;
* MPC-BE playlist: validity check, files over 1 MB in size are not loaded;
* MPC-BE playlist: current element is highlighted according to the color settings of the player's current theme;
* MPEGSplitter: improved handling of packets with bogus pts in MPEG-TS;
* Improved switching to MAXIMIZED window mode for captionless styles;
* Seek preview window is drawn UNDER the seekbar according to multi-monitor configuration;
* Priority control: now only the Splitters that have a compatible MediaType are shown for the formats;
* MPEGSplitter: increased queue depth for audio and subtitle tracks;
* Smoother movement of the preview window. Added event handlers for middle mouse button click (enable/disable preview) and scroll (cursor/preview movement by 5 pixels; by 1 with Ctrl, by 10 with Shift) when the cursor is over the seekbar;
* Shaders' code is moved to the Shaders folder which is created either in the profile, if the settings are saved in the registry, or in the player's .??? folder, if the settings are saved in an .INI file;
* File opening dialog now monitors the clipboard and automatically substitutes the link on Youtube or Vimeo if one is found;
* MPCVideoDecFilter: changing "Output formats" on the fly now works for VMR renderers, too;
* EVR Custom now applies AR changes on the fly, it also adjusts FPS on the fly if it changes in the input's MediaType;
* Statistics: added input's MediaType data; the information about decoder and input's MediaType is now displayed also under VMR9;
* Added scaling to video renderer's statistics;
* MPCVideoDecFilter: removed options "Error resilience" and "IDCT Algorithm";
* Removed the second parsing of youtube.com and vimeo.com links upon saving the file;
* Preventing duplicates in the playlist upon opening BD;
* Real filter's name is shown in the graph instead of the file's name upon connecting Source;
* Maximal supported shaders' version is selected automatically;
* H.264 DXVA decoder: improved Interlaced content handling;
* MPCVideoDecFilter: tuned VC-1 handling, removed Jitter in DXVA mode;
* OSD now works independently of the renderer;
* Improved DXVA H.264 decoder functioning on "old" ATI UVD/UVD+ video cards;
* Removed automatic Mute when setting the volume to 0;
* Improved DXVA2 mode detection for several decoders (AcrSoft and Cyberlink);
* Removed .smi extension from the Real Script group;
* DXVA1 indication now works for any renderer;
* OSD: "Segoe UI" font is now used by default instead of "Calibri" for Windows Vist? and newer systems;
* The FIRST added element becomes active and highlighted upon adding files to the playlist;
* MPC-BE playlist: improved Drag'n'Drop DVD/BD support;
* Support for ShellExt registration when launching from the command line with ...
Thanks very much. This is such an easy solution, and since MPC-HC already includes the two files in question, it makes me wonder why the devs don't pack them with the 64-bit portable version, too.
Anyway, adding the two files solved the problem, and even the files that had crashed it completely now run fine. I plan to start looking into the player's functions more carefully. It seems stable and well-programmed.
Just one more question: in "Options" -> "Miscellaneous", what do I have to do to get the "Color controls" to work?
@ jjg: MPC-BE should "need" just two files from the DirectX9 package, d3dx9_43.dll and D3DCompiler_43.dll. Download the portable versions of MPC-HC, unzip, and copy those files to MPC-BE's folder. Certainly things could be much easier if Microsoft didn't like to complicate things needlessly ^_~ Besides, the 32-bit should run fine in a 64-bit system.
Thanks for all the updates/improvements (especially the Speex audio!).
Since I last commented, MPC-BE has been my #1 player, replacing the powerful SMPlayer.
Dealing with 27 TB of video files, MPC-BE by far is my favorite player! It's just way smoother/quicker than MPC-HC. I can pretty much do what I want with this player e.g settings etc with one exception, I wish there is an option for always 125% "Zoom" level (both VLC and SMPLayer have this option/settings).
Favorable comments led me to try MPC_BE. Media Player Classic Home Cinema(MPCHC)has two persistent issues for me:
1) Seeking, particularly in Flash files. Hit a spot on the timeline and the audio continues, but the video often freezes. It might or might not "catch up".
2) Playback of edited H.264 transport stream captures (using tsSniper). When a cut is reached, behavior is similar to the above.
MPC_BE substantially solves these problems for me. I use the 64 bit version in my HTPC, and the 32-bit version in my VM. Seeking is much better and playback of edited TS files is also much better. Now, there may only be a tiny "blip" in playback past the cut. Not noticeable really if I didn't know where the cut is and wasn't watching for it.
In other ways, MPC_BE is very similar to MPCHC, which is fine.
No doubt this player isn't perfect, but I'm so pleased I'm giving it 10s across the board.
Tested it awhile ago. I would dare to say that this is beyond excellent. It's like your HC, but just better. It even shows album art while HC still can't do that until now. The only drawback I can think of is it's name, it sounded like an illegally pirated version or something. =V
I agree to the last poster's comment: I like this better than MPC-HC, too.
So far it seems capable of doing what MPC-HC does (and it does that well!), it's as fast and lightweight, but the skin/theme is much nicer to look at!
Also in the toolbar at the bottom of the video two buttons are integrated to change audio or subtitle streams. Very convenient!
And the best thing - for me, anyway - it plays the xsub found in files with the .divx extension and displays them flawlessly on the computer screen!
So far no other player does this, except VLC. (DiVX' own player also does, which I won't use. VLC is out for me so far, since its h264 playback tends to be jerky.) I have quite a number of DVDs backed up in .divx-format, since the subs look fine that way played on a standalone dvd-player, which is mpeg4-capable.
And perhabs the most endearing thing about MPC-BE: It uses a differently coloured icon for each file-type (if you associate video/audio files with it)! I longed for such a function in all the other 'big ones' out there for a long time!
Thumbs up and keep up the good work!
I dunno...something is wrong with me:), I actually like this one better than the MPC-HC.
The last time I used MPC was like 7 or 8 yrs ago and now the MPC-BE is very good/close to excellent..the fast seeking in WMV/FLV is much faster than MPC-HC.
The latest VLC 2.0.4 is also superb (significantly better than the 2.0.3), PotPlayer is also a very promising Player and last but still one of the BEST is SMPlayer (no body can beat the "." frame by frame feature and menus customization of this player).
For me**, SMPlayer for 1080p MP4/MKV, 720p and lower MP4/MKV, FLV, AVI VLC 2.0.4. Will definitely try to replace MPC-HC with MPC-BE.
Being a long time MPC user I just came across this updated version and tried it. It works great and also has YouTube streaming support.
If you're an MPC user grab this updated version and check it out.
Posted September 26, 2012 by se7six.
Tool version 184.108.40.206
using OS Vista
Ease of use 10
Value for money 10
Overall score 9
1 tool hits, Showing
NEW SOFTWARE= New tool since your last visit
NEW VERSION= New version since your last visit
NEW COMMENTS= New comments since your last visit
Type and download NO MORE UPDATES? = The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years. NO LONGER DEVELOPED = The software hasn't been updated in over 3 years.
RECENTLY UPDATED = The software has been updated the last 31 days. Freeware = Free software. Free software = Free software and also open source code. Freeware/Adware = Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Free software/Adware = Free software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Trialware = Also called shareware or demo. Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions. Payware = No demo or trial available.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a BETA, RC(Release Candidate) and even a ALPHA version of the software.
Download (direct link) = A direct link to the software download.
Download (developer's site) = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64 bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = No installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com.