Media Player Classic - BE (MPC-BE) is based on the original "Media Player Classic" project (Gabest) and "Media Player Classic Home Cinema" project (Casimir666), contains additional features and bug fixes.
+ Added .ini file validity check before use (opening);
+ Added remembering of the active tab in the file properties' window;
+ Added support for double audio output;
+ Added support for Win 8.1;
+ Added Blu-ray discs autoplay. This option is temporarily combined with that for DVD;
+ Added the option "Auto reload subtitle files after detecting modification". It is turned off by default;
+ Full integration of subtitles' control menu with VSFilter/XySubFilter;
+ Added history saving for Blu-ray and DVD;
+ Added the ability to automatically open external audio files and subtitles. Blu-ray name - root folder name or disc label (when opening a disc) - is used for searching;
+ MPC Audio Renderer: Added an algorithm for choosing the optimal output audio format. Conversion is used if needed;
+ FLVSplitter: added support for Speex tracks;
+ FLVSplitter: added support for HEVC video (external decoder is required);
+ FLVSplitter: added support for acquiring FrameRate and AudioSampleRate from metadata;
+ EVR-CP: added chapters output onto the seekbar in D3D Fulscreen mode;
+ MP4Splitter: added support for AIC icod (Apple Intermediate Codec);
+ MP4Splitter: added support for HEVC/H.265;
+ MatroskaSplitter: added options window and the "Load Embedded Fonts" option;
+ MatroskaSplitter: added support for the "A_OPUS" identifier;
+ MatroskaSplitter: added support for HEVC/H.265;
+ MatroskaSplitter: added support for VP9;
+ DTSAC3Source: added basic support for .dtshd/DTSHDHDR;
+ AviSplitter: added support for 'avc1' FOURCC;
+ AviSplitter: added support for HEVC/H.265;
+ MpaDecFilter: added support for TAK decoding;
+ MpegSplitter: added support for HEVC/H.265;
+ MPCVideoDec: enabled decoding of MJ2C video (j2k video family);
+ MPCVideoDec: added support for "Microsoft Video 1" (CRAM);
+ MPCVideoDec: added HEVC/H.265 decoder;
+ MPCVideoDec: added libvpx-based VP9 decoder;
+ MPCVideoDec: added support for AIC icod (Apple Intermediate Codec);
+ UDP/HTTP Reader: added support for IPTV (UDP multicast);
+ Added TAKSplitter;
+ Added MPC RAW Video Splitter with support for raw data opening (MPEG/H.264/VC-1/HEVC/H.265);
... and many more.
* Corrected enabling of external subtitles;
* No transition to fullscreen mode upon start (when the option "Launch files in FullScreen" is active) if the file has no video;
* Disabled speed control in the player when using MPC Audio Renderer;
* CShockwaveGraph: added support for obtaining real video size. Zoom works correctly;
* Improved handling of relative paths for files and playlists;
* Improved and updated interaction with Youtube;
* Disabled displaying DirectX SDK in the renderer's statistics;
* Tags from external audio files are ignored and are not displayed as the title, album, etc.;
* Removed the options "Automatically set speaker count for the ivideo AC3 decoder" and "Switch from madVR to another renderer";
* DVD options (Menu language, Audio, Subtitles): now either the user locale's language (when MUI is installed) or the system language is selected as the default one;
* Improved handling of URL playlists. Added opening of "application/vnd.apple.mpegurl". Added support for relative links in playlists;
* A correct file name is generated when saving network streams;
* Remembering the main filter during rendering a DirectShow graph is implemented. This eliminates incorrect detections upon adding external tracks and speeds up the player's tracks switching;
* Added an option to stop trying opening "bad" playlist elements by pressing Esc;
* The font in MediaInfo window is now scaled according to the system settings. "Consolas" is now the preferred font for Windows 7;
* The option "Store settings to .ini file" is renamed to "Store settings in the player folder";
* The size of filters' configuration buttons is increased. "MPEG-2 decoder configuration" -> "MPEG-2/DVD decoder configuration";
* Filter options window: only extradata is shown instead of pbFormat;
* Changed saving of Favorites during Blu-ray playback;
* Changed VSFilter blocking check: it is now blocked also in the presense of XySubFilter + madVR. XySubFilter is allowed only with madVR renderer;
* Subtitles loading now works with VSFilter;
* The contents of "Subtitles" and "Subtitles->Misc" panels are swapped;
* "Subtitles->Misc" is renamed to "Subtitles->Rendering";
* The "Auto-load subtitles" option is moved from the "Playback" panel to the "Subtitles" panel;
* The path from the currently played file is used to load subtitles;
* Now multiple subtitle files can be added to the player through Dran'n'Drop;
* Corrected subtitles scaling in the default style;
* Default subtitles style: now the changes are applied on-the-fly, added a button to reset the settings to their defaults;
* Upon opening and playing back DVD/Blu-ray the root folder is displayed as the title;
* HDMV (Blu-ray) structure reading: skipping data for the absent files. This allows opening "pieces" of Blu-ray;
* Added the possibility to read the information about the disc's title from the disc.inf file upon opening a Blu-ray structure;
* Blu-ray/DVD: Improved/speeded up seeking;
* Removed D2VSource;
* MPC Audio Renderer: re-worked the way of obtaining the list of supported formats, additional checks are made. Now the crashes when a certain format is unsupported are impossible;
* MPC Audio Renderer: implemented caching, which enhanced the stability of sound playback;
* MPC Audio Renderer - output parameters are configured basing on the frequency, and not bit depth. Also, if the frequency is not supported, the nearest allowed value is taken, and not the maximal one;
* FLVSplitter: updated metadata parser, added support for key frames (if the "keyframes" tag is present). In this case, seeking speed is greatly improved;
* WVSplitter: removed support for streaming media;
* WVSplitter: corrected initial opening and data validity checking (signature checking) - removed only the check in the very beginning and limited the data to check to 1 megabyte. This allows opening and playing back iso.wv;
* Mpeg2DecFilter: handling subtitles only during DVD playback, standard tools are used for ordinary files;
* EVR-CP: added CPU load output in the renderer's statistics;
* EVR-CP statistics: minimal font height is 6, minimal width, 4;
* EVR-CP: improved statistics updating upon changing input media type;
* MP4Splitter: removed output of "excess" subtitles in MEDIASUBTYPE_ASS2 format, only output as MEDIASUBTYPE_UTF8 is left;
* MatroskaSplitter: improved seeking in MKV files, where key frames (CuePoints) are placed very infrequently;
* MatroskaSplitter: upon opening/reading of corrupt/incomplete files, if 10 Mb of continuous garbage occurs, it is assumed that no useful information remains, and the reading stops. This will speed up opening of the files downloaded, for example, by torrent clients;
* AviSplitter: improved handling of AVC1/H.264 video;
* OggSplitter: corrected handling of packets with changing TimeStamp, improved playback of clips from livestream;
* OggSplitter: optimized handling of online sources. Now the opening will consume less time;
* OggSplitter: the search is rewritten, greatly improved seeking in files with Theora video;
* AudioSwitcher: added a function for fixing incorrect WAVEFORMATEX structures and their conversion in WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE;
* MpegSplitter: added the possibility to open video streams without timestamps (which occurs on sattelite TV and IPTV);
* MpegSplitter: optimized handling of IPTV;
* MpegSplitter: improved detection of AAC/MpegAudio;
* MpegSplitter: speeded up opening of BD structure, fixed playback of сшитых BD;
* MpaSplitter: the duration is displayed during playback of links to files;
* MPCVideoDec: improved VC1 DXVA decoder;
* MPCVideoDec: removed the "Resize Method" option;
* MPCVideoDec: the "Chroma to RGB" option is renamed to "Preset", added the "Fastest" mode;
* MPCVideoDec: the "Colorspace" option is renamed to "Standard";
* MPCVideoDec: removed RGB16 and RGB15 as output formats. The "SwOutputFormats" option is changed to "SwFormats";
* MPCVideoDec: changed the way of saving the list of active codecs for an external decoder;
* MPCVideoDec: changed the sizes of decoder configuration tabs;
* UDP/HTTP Reader: UDP Reader filter is rewritten, added support for reading HTTP;
* UDP/HTTP Reader: discontinue data reception during pause and stop;
* Updated Chinese (Simplified) translation (authors: insolo, beter);
* Updated Dutch translation (author: beter);
* Updated Chinese (Traditional) translation (author: beter);
* Updated Italian translation (author: Lord Maius);
* Updated Basque translation (author: azpidatziak);
* Updated Greek translation (author: beter);
* Updated Romanian translation (author: beter);
* Updated Turkish translation (author: Thingol);
* Updated Korean translation (author: kuh3h3);
* Updated ukrainian translation (author: Arestarh1986);
* Updated installer script translation - Dutch, Simplified and Traditional Chinese (author: beter);
* MediaInfo 0.7.64+ svn rev.5964;
* Little-CMS 2.5 git-69ecafd3;
* ffmpeg 2.1 git-0610d6e8;
* libwebp 0.3.1 git-6d0cb3de;
* libpng 1.7.0 b21 git-fe6e6cf1;
* libopus 1.1 git-8f466274;
* libvpx 1.2 git-b26ce8b1;
* ZenLib 0.4.29+ svn rev.447;
... and many more.
! Fixed file display for the (*.*) mask when Chinese (Simplified) locale is selected;
! Fixed a bug in opening files from network resources;
! Fixed the size (location) of the dialog in the options window;
! Fixed a memory leak during filter graph building caused by incorrect deletion of an audio renderer from the filters list;
! Fixed the crash after moving to the next file when the previous one was absent;
! Fixed changing the case of the symbols when opening files through Drag-and-drop;
! Fixed pro...
Both MPC-HCx64 and MPC-BEx64 are now supporting Speex audio (usually live stream FLV cam video), MPC-HCx64 (released last month) is working perfectly, but MPC-BEx64 (just released today) is NOT working (always sounds like a grumpy old man in SLOW motion).
W7x64 with portable version of MPC-HCx64/MPC-BEx64.
Thanks very much. This is such an easy solution, and since MPC-HC already includes the two files in question, it makes me wonder why the devs don't pack them with the 64-bit portable version, too.
Anyway, adding the two files solved the problem, and even the files that had crashed it completely now run fine. I plan to start looking into the player's functions more carefully. It seems stable and well-programmed.
Just one more question: in "Options" -> "Miscellaneous", what do I have to do to get the "Color controls" to work?
@ jjg: MPC-BE should "need" just two files from the DirectX9 package, d3dx9_43.dll and D3DCompiler_43.dll. Download the portable versions of MPC-HC, unzip, and copy those files to MPC-BE's folder. Certainly things could be much easier if Microsoft didn't like to complicate things needlessly ^_~ Besides, the 32-bit should run fine in a 64-bit system.
Thanks for all the updates/improvements (especially the Speex audio!).
Since I last commented, MPC-BE has been my #1 player, replacing the powerful SMPlayer.
Dealing with 27 TB of video files, MPC-BE by far is my favorite player! It's just way smoother/quicker than MPC-HC. I can pretty much do what I want with this player e.g settings etc with one exception, I wish there is an option for always 125% "Zoom" level (both VLC and SMPLayer have this option/settings).
Favorable comments led me to try MPC_BE. Media Player Classic Home Cinema(MPCHC)has two persistent issues for me:
1) Seeking, particularly in Flash files. Hit a spot on the timeline and the audio continues, but the video often freezes. It might or might not "catch up".
2) Playback of edited H.264 transport stream captures (using tsSniper). When a cut is reached, behavior is similar to the above.
MPC_BE substantially solves these problems for me. I use the 64 bit version in my HTPC, and the 32-bit version in my VM. Seeking is much better and playback of edited TS files is also much better. Now, there may only be a tiny "blip" in playback past the cut. Not noticeable really if I didn't know where the cut is and wasn't watching for it.
In other ways, MPC_BE is very similar to MPCHC, which is fine.
No doubt this player isn't perfect, but I'm so pleased I'm giving it 10s across the board.
Tested it awhile ago. I would dare to say that this is beyond excellent. It's like your HC, but just better. It even shows album art while HC still can't do that until now. The only drawback I can think of is it's name, it sounded like an illegally pirated version or something. =V
I agree to the last poster's comment: I like this better than MPC-HC, too.
So far it seems capable of doing what MPC-HC does (and it does that well!), it's as fast and lightweight, but the skin/theme is much nicer to look at!
Also in the toolbar at the bottom of the video two buttons are integrated to change audio or subtitle streams. Very convenient!
And the best thing - for me, anyway - it plays the xsub found in files with the .divx extension and displays them flawlessly on the computer screen!
So far no other player does this, except VLC. (DiVX' own player also does, which I won't use. VLC is out for me so far, since its h264 playback tends to be jerky.) I have quite a number of DVDs backed up in .divx-format, since the subs look fine that way played on a standalone dvd-player, which is mpeg4-capable.
And perhabs the most endearing thing about MPC-BE: It uses a differently coloured icon for each file-type (if you associate video/audio files with it)! I longed for such a function in all the other 'big ones' out there for a long time!
Thumbs up and keep up the good work!
I dunno...something is wrong with me:), I actually like this one better than the MPC-HC.
The last time I used MPC was like 7 or 8 yrs ago and now the MPC-BE is very good/close to excellent..the fast seeking in WMV/FLV is much faster than MPC-HC.
The latest VLC 2.0.4 is also superb (significantly better than the 2.0.3), PotPlayer is also a very promising Player and last but still one of the BEST is SMPlayer (no body can beat the "." frame by frame feature and menus customization of this player).
For me**, SMPlayer for 1080p MP4/MKV, 720p and lower MP4/MKV, FLV, AVI VLC 2.0.4. Will definitely try to replace MPC-HC with MPC-BE.
Being a long time MPC user I just came across this updated version and tried it. It works great and also has YouTube streaming support.
If you're an MPC user grab this updated version and check it out.
Posted September 26, 2012 by se7six.
Tool version 188.8.131.52
using OS Vista
Ease of use 10
Value for money 10
Overall score 9
1 tool hits, Showing
NEW SOFTWARE= New tool since your last visit
NEW VERSION= New version since your last visit
NEW COMMENT= New comment since your last visit
Type and download NO MORE UPDATES? = The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years. NO LONGER DEVELOPED = The software hasn't been updated in over 3 years.
RECENTLY UPDATED = The software has been updated the last 31 days. Freeware = Free software. Free software = Free software and also open source code. Freeware/Adware = Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Free software/Adware = Free software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Trialware = Also called shareware or demo. Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions. Payware = No demo or trial available.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a BETA, RC(Release Candidate) and even a ALPHA version of the software.
Download (direct link) = A direct link to the software download.
Download (developer's site) = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64 bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = No installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com.