Lightworks, an Academy and Emmy award winning professional-grade editor with over 20 years of history in the film and broadcast industry. Having cut hundreds of films such as Pulp Fiction, The Departed, Centurion and Shutter Island, it includes a full feature set of editorial tools -- from advanced trimming and media management, to stereoscopic support and realtime effects including multiple secondary colour correctors. Lightworks has an advanced effects pipeline, utilizing the power of your GPU. And with support for up to 2K workflows with realtime effects, it is the most advanced editing application available. Lightworks Pro costs $60/year, more features, see version comparison.
The following features have been implemented in this version:
- Offline activation option when internet is not present
- Offline activation to the ‘manage licenses‘ button for offline-reactivation
- Improved offline activation to generate aC2E ?le when using the Manage licenses option
- Added chord-click solo-select behavior to viewer track buttons (ie. same as timeli ne buttons)
- Simpler sign-in when the only available license is a Pro Trial
- Added 24-bit audio export option to the export panel. Primarily for XDCAM HD SOMbps exports
- Added recognition of large tile sins in preparation for Lightworks 11.5 (previously called I 12)
- Added ‘Master’ scale slider to the image key effect
- Added BITC option for ‘top-level sub-dip‘ name (on the ‘edit texts‘ tab)
The following fixes have been implemented in this version:
- Fixed corrupted Ml issue (causing "internal error" during sign in)
- Fixed sign-in issues related to available network connections
- Prevented possible crash launching Premiere FX plugi ns
- Fixed failure to start due to osprivate.dll
- Fixed Prints showing media offline when inserted into a new edit
- Fixed linking to audio ?les on MetaSan 4k sector size drives (which appear as local drives)
- Fixed system analysis to prevent "internal Error" during activation
- Fixed audio files not being copied to the Sound folder when restoring from an archive
- Fixed ‘Doesn't contain‘ function on the References tab of the Searchcard
- Fixed incorrect audio on Sony IMX PCM ?les
- Treat de-interlaced progressive material as ?rst ?eld top
- Transfer focus to the source viewer following a double-click
- Fixed potential crash/crash on exitwith WAV ?lesthat have less audio than expected
- Fixed Add Effect ‘Category’ menu missing on the FX panel
- Fixed incorrect audio replay rate when importing 29.97fps clip into 24fps project
- Fixed Sync Groups potentially losing sync under particular circumstances
- Fixed potential crash using Offline activations
- Fixed truncated effect names (when they contain dots)
- Fixed showing black for plugin FX that have never been configured
- Fixed internal Error during activation when only a USB internet dongle is available
- Fixed audio corruption and sync drift on I080p23.98 XDCAM HD ?les when using copy local
- Fixed potential crash related to memory in the 32-bit version
- improved memory allocation
- Fixed AES audio in IMX ?les when using copy local
- Ensure that rack name changes are respected when using the cogs menu to set permanence (shared projects)
- improved rack updates/changes (shared projects)
- Avoid writing out bin data whilst it is being read on another system (shared projects)
- Fixed Blackmagic16."9 PAL recordings being recorded as4:3
- Fixed incorrect interpretation of MP4 material containing AES audio streams
- Fixed fatal heap memory corruption during recording with Matrox I/O
- Fixed incorrect timecodes on audio ?les when using batch imports
- Fixed XDCAM HD images turning pink and split screen due to MPEG422+Alpha images being present
- Do not attempt to save dirty edits in the case of a crash (eg. if crashing because of insuffcient memory, writing edits may be dangerous)
- Fixed byte-ordering in DPX timecodes
- Fixed cached reads of uncompressed AVls. Could cause a potential crash playing WAVs or Avis
- Fixed imported MP3 files having a duration of '77?‘
- Fixed license expiry-time display (1-day late expiring)
- Fixed memory fragmentation issues causing random crashing
- Fixed material being incorrectly deleted if a dip is imported from the Material folder and then deleted
- Fixed potential crash managing licenses
- Fixed incorrect ?eld order on interlaced imports (incorrect files will need to be re-imported into this version)
- Fixed reading of scan mode from Quicktime DV files (usually second ?eld top)
- Fixed frame delay between Lig htworks viewer and SDI output
- Fixed rendersof interlaced material in 1080Psf projects to Matrox YUW showing two images one on top of the other
- Fixed hang when pressing Stop on a sync group
- Allocated large object heap above 2Gb as an attempt to resolve randomly failing pixel shader compilation
- Fixed incorrect aspect ratio being read on 4:3 MP4 files
- Fixed MP4 ?les with AAC audio not importing
- Fixed 64»bit version running out of memory
- Clip audio levels to 12dB for all exports (Primarily AAFs to AVID)
- Fixed playout tool appearing incorrectly during playout
- Fixed Omneon ?les failing to import
- Fixed potential crash importing MXFXDCAMHD422 FFMBC sample
- Fixed being able to search for clips based on the hard drive location on the Search card
- Fixed potential crash undoing an effect in the video routing
- Fixed playback of image sequences
- Fixed potential crash if codec initialisation fails
- Fixed source surfaces being held after pixel shader is ?nished (using unnecessary GPU memory)
- Fixled potential crash entering projects (when encountering a subclip with an emptyG )
- Further improvements to 64»bit memory handling, including a con?g entry for memory to be reserved
- Introduced linking to material which had been previously imported using ‘copy-local‘ or 'transcode' for AAF import
- Fixed only one audio track being decoded on MP4 imports
- Fixed linking of imported AAF to shots imported with ‘create-Ii nk'
- Added ‘Clip name‘ option to Find Material function
- Fixed video image on the record panel flashing when in Standby using Blackmagic Codec (UYVY)
- Fixed H.264 .mov and MP4 ?les appearing incorrectly
- Updated to Main Concept Transcoding SDK 3.2 and LL SDK 9.7
- Fixed MXF audio (created by AVID) not playing back correctly
- Fixed media potentially disappearing and showing offline
- Fixed issue of two ?le readers competing for the same file metadata
- Fixed output on SDI when using the playout tool
- Fixed incorrect audio on multi channel MP4 sample
- Translate media links in AVID AAFs when referencing the "Avid MediaHles" folder
- Fixed user de?ned names for media locations
- Fixed potential crash using shared projects
- Fixed potential crash with empty project name
- Fixed playback of XDCAM SR MXF ?les
- Fixed potential crash leaving a project after disconnecting FX nodes
- Fixed loading of ?les with .jpeg extension
- Fixed potential crash opening the FX panel
- Fixed import of Mulitpage Tiff sample
- Fixed crash when dragging a timeline FX segment (whilst the edit is playing)
- Fixed SDI output being incorrect when doing live editing from a sync group
- Fixed import of four channel EDLs
- Fixed image key effect not scaling correctly
- Fixed import of Omneon MXF sample file
- Fixed Keyframe scale graph not working correctly
- Fixed FX losing their routing when dragging and dropping
- Fixed batch import panel defaulting to Copy Local on fresh installs
- Fixed Clipboard stripview Timecode track showing 7?? for Timecode
- Fixed Clipboard not working correctly when using the Replace function
- Fixed XDCAM 422 8-ch exports with information only on channel I
- Fixed Subclips not syncing byTimecode in Sync Groups
- Fixed in points being added incorrectly at the start of an edit when using undo
- Changed ?le reader for RAW .MOV ?les
- Changed All Avid-target AAFs to contain only one locator which is always in URL-format
- Added automatic backup of clip .EDS ?les when they are deleted
- Added awareness of new master scale para meter on image Key effect
- Fixed keyframes on Image Key scale to respect Linear/Non Linear setting
- Fixed image key effect not scaling correctly when exporting/renderi ng to differentresolutions
- Fixed ‘suppress re-link’ on AAF-import
- Fixed incorrect ‘audio replay rate‘ du ring AAF import (especial ly with 23.98/24)
- Fixed slight inaccuracies in shot-length, cut-point positions, cue-positions, and timecode-length when importing AAFs
- Changed AAF file locators on export for interchange with Blackmagic Resolve V10 Beta (local media only)
- Fixed incorrect audio replay rates when clips are imported during ?le import from AAF
- Changed EDL export to limit Reel IDs to 8 characters. Adding (edl_limit_reel_length 0) to the con? g.dat file disables this behavior
- Changed Reel IDs and 24P Reel IDs to default to the clip name if they're missi ng on nle import (rather than assigning a random cookie name)
- Fixed potential failure/crash on startup when unusual disks/devices are attached (RAMdisk)
- Fixed inability to change the Reel ID on the clip labels panel
- Fixed potential crash trimming video only track in 64bit build
- Fixed potential crash using Live Edit function with Matrox I/O hardware
- Fixed audio being out of sync during Live cutting (only audio from the first selected clip in the sync group will be heard during live cutting now)
- Changed LW.‘i'i' F in preparation for the next version of Lightworks 11.5
- Removed render option from the video routing panel
- Respect track selections when making a copy
- Ensure that items added to a project after the export tool was opened are exported as expected
- Prevent potential crash copying new logs from one project to another
- Fixed projects on shared workspace incorrectly receiving messageswhen deleting or updating logs
- Fixed incorrect ?eld ordering on interlaced material that has varispeed added
- Fixed issue where a project could lose its output format setting
- Fixed startup on Windows 8.1 using the 64»bit version
- Improved indexing on Long GOP ?les (MP4 and H264 MOVs) to reduce import time
- Fixed XDCAM EX sample importing with the incorrect audio
- Fixed frame repeats/skips when playing 30p/29.97p material in 30-frame projects
- Fixed pixelation and image breakup when scrubbing through and reverse playing XDCAM HD samples
- Fixed aspect ratio on M2TS samples when browsing on the import panel
- Fixed playback stuttering on XDCAM EX samples
- Removed the "possible corruption" message when exporting AAF with embedded audio (hitting the 2GB limit)
- Fixed pixelation and image breakup on Canon XF MXF samples
- Fixed sync on 30’29.97/25 material imported to 24»frame projects with NO telecine-transfer setting
- Fixed audio only clips not being restored from archives
- Link ?les are now included in Backup Archives regardless of options selected
New Features in Version 11.1.0
Added support for linking to audio rather than copying it locally
Added support for automatic re-linking to subclips when importing an AAF
Added outlining support for the titling effect
Added ability to enable/disable detection of split MXF files
Added support for subclips without V tracks on AAF import/export
Added ability to automatically flatten multi-level subclips to one level when exporting an AAF to Avid
Added ability to read and interpret Avid markers as cue points in Avid AAFs
Allow MP4/AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) media to be imported into the Free version as transcode only
Added User definable project/media locations to the licensing panel
Added import option to suppress material linking when importing AAFs
Changed Lightworks archiving. User now selects whether to include local media or linked to media
Added preliminary support for native H.264 MOV handling without Quicktime (work in progress)
Allowed compression format and destination disk changes when record panel is in standby
Added 'Don't fill sub-edits' selection box to the Find Material to fill edit panel
Added initial 48fps file support
Added 1080PsF 48fps as an output format
Re-structured AAF import to utilise existing material import mechanism when clips reference in the AAF do not exist in the project
Updated to RED 4.4 SDK
Added support for multiple decode qualities when using RED Rocket cards (previously limited by earlier SDK)
Added better RED R3D file decode performance using RED Rocket card
Added further improvements for R3D playback (4-5k images)
Added warning message when switching between versions that states that a project was created in a later version
The mouse-wheel now adjusts either a pair of FX keyframes (if the mouse is positioned between 2 keyframes) or one keyframe (if sufficiently close to it)
The mouse-wheel now adjusts all selected FX keyframes (if there are any)
Added the ability to search for wildcards ('')On bin search/replace Added support for Matrox 9.2 SP1 drivers
Added support for Matrox DSXLE3 range
Added Matrox 184.108.40.2064 End User driver support
Added ability to move FX nodes using the left mouse button on the video routing panel
Added ability to restore Milestones from the project browser Restore edit(s) function
Added ability to resize the Restore edit(s) panel
Milestones are now generated automatically when an edit is deleted
Added ability to drag a tile from out of the viewer copy icon (left click and drag) Added ability to drag single tiles to the New Edit, Bin and Sync Group tools
Added ability to auto unjoin all clips when unjoining a cut point using the mouse. This is now the default behavior, click the cogs icon and and set 'Auto unjoin' to 'No' to disable
Added ability to bypass auto unjoin by holding down ALT before clicking a cut point
Added indexing for MP4/H.264 MOV files to help with shuttling and reverse play of Long GOP files (creates lvix files)
Added support for linking to files through ALE Import. The ALE must reside in the parent folder of the media
The following enhancements have been made to ALE Import (Pro version only):
File location/Name is no longer required under the Filepath heading. The ALE just needs to be in the same folder as the media
Related Video and Audio tracks are now automatically synced together upon import to Lightworks
ALE must be stored in parent directory of media it is referring to for import to analyse the media
Creates auto-grouped audio-only clips. Primarily multichannel BVVAVs that have been extracted as separate .MXF files in the AVID MediaFiles folder
Included better logging during the import process to indicate why certain files cannot be imported
Included better logging during the import process to indicate which folders are being scanned
Avoid any subfolders starting with V
Ignore 'Mac OSX' subfolders during media scanning
Ignore 'resource.frk'subfolders during media scanning
Show ALE frame rate on the import panel
Respect Reel IDs when pairing media files
Added right-mouse click menu on Bin icon to display 'All Contents' from a project
Added ability to save local projects where ever a user decides (Pro version required)
Enhanced Mange Project Spaces panel on the project browser
Added new padlock icons to show the state of an edit when using shared projects (Green = Owned by you. Yellow = No owner. Red = Owned by another user)
Improved edit ownership list when using shared projects
Added entirely new EditShare Licensing System (ELS) which replaces Sentinel HASP
Change licensing so that the user is not required to activate the free version if there is a network Pro-license available
Added ALE licensing option to the licensing panel
Merge Avid DNxHD codec into main Lightvvorks installer (Separate Avid DNxHD installer no longer required. A valid Avid DNxHD License is still required)
Ask user to go online if Internet Explorer is set to offline mode during Lightworks startup
Added support for Blackmagic I/O devices. Drivers v9.5 or higher are required. (Pro version required)
Added 64-bit Windows support. Please view the Limitations and Known Issues on Page 13. (Pro version required)
Media space management is now done using the disk tool. Users can specify any location for the Material and Sound folders (Pro version required)
Fixed in Version 11.1.0
The following fixes have been implemented in this version:
Fixed audio on 23.981080p MXF Avid DNxHD exports importing back in and playing at twice the speed
Fixed Avid DNxHD-TR MXF export not working correctly
Fixed a number of changes to the way we link to clips when re-importing
Prevent any attempts to 'copy-local' audio dips on AAF import
Fixed errors causing 'heap corruption' in a number of AAF functions
Fixed erroneous folders being created when creating a new project space
Fixed Pref file import when encountering empty lines
Fixed audio levels not moving when using ALT S shortcut
Fixed solo/mute functions from Mackie to be remembered after a trim
Fixed solo/mute functions from Mackie to be remembered when switching focus to another edit/shot
Fixed audio linking when using shared projects
Fixed Mackie Solo/Mute functions when audio mixer panel is not open
Fixed audio drag in fades from incorrectly appearing when inserting from a source that contains fades
Prevent import panel showing frame rate or other metadata if it has not been read from the file
Fixed all channels displaying the same information when linking to multichannel WAV file
Fixed audio corruption when transcoding a multichannel WAV file on import
Fixed record panel only allowing one audio connection option
Fixed crash opening recording panel when using Matrox I/O
Fixed audio on transcoded H.264 Mov files
Fixed sync issue importing from an ALE
Fixed audio replay rate on WAV samples
Fixed memory handle leak (handles continuing to increase)
Fixed crash opening an edit that contains 32 audio tracks
Fixed playback of 24-bit audio masquerading as 16
Fixed reading of audio files that have multiple single channel streams
Fixed potential crash resizing a viewer during playback
Fixed image on SDI output of Blackmagic when set to NTSC
Fixed 23.98fps Quicktime exports showing up as 24fps
Fixed panels jumping around after a right/left click operation
Fixed Rack behavior when adding bin to a rack within a rack
Fixed incorrect audio replay rate for 23.98 .MXF audio samples
Fixed incorrect filename showing on BWAV imports
Fixed reading of Reel ID from MXF files on import
Fixed issue with playback stopping on the fullscreen output when moving the mouse
Fixed exit icon not appearing on full screen playback
Fixed Alpha setting not persisting on 4 corner gradient effect
Fixed 1 frame timecode discrepancy on BWAV imports
Fixed incorrect image on MTS files transcoded to Matrox YUYV
Fixed timeline marker not moving during playback after adding an effect and changing a keyframe parameter
Fixed drag and drop behavior of FX when V tracks are disabled
Fixed reading of media locators on AAF import
Fixed media locations disappearing when switching between project spaces
Fixed playback of audio imported to the system drive in 11.0.3
Fixed displayof Matrix wipes on FX panel
Fixed display of ProRes sample on the import panel (previously black)
Fixed reading of Reel ID from file imports
Fixed black Renders/Recordings/Exports using 1080i Blackmagic uncompressed MOV setting
Fixed connection settings on the record panel using Blackmagic I/O
Fixed Matrox Mpeg422P@HL's bit rate setting on the export/render/record panels
Fixed a memory leak related to reading audio-file locators in AAF import
Fixed encoding/decoding URL strings in AAF locators with regard to real unicode characters
Fixed re-linking to sound files on AAF import (on a material drive) that do not have 1.WAV'extensions
Fixed AAF import of video file metadata (wrong aspect ratio etc)
Fixed failure to transcode 30fps .MP4 sample to MPEG422 AVI
Fixed potential issue with shared projects not updating correctly when importing files
Fixed audio links in .archive not being restored to the Sound folder when restoring the .archive
Fixed media appearing offline after using the move function of the media tool
Fixed link on Filecard to show all media being linked to
Fixed audio playback on AIFF sample
Prevent two instances of Lightworks being run at the same time
Fixed potential crash clicking the Location field in a bin after moving media using the Manage Media tool
Fixed typewriter titling effect progression with overlapping non-coincident effects
Fixed archiving progress bar from reporting invalid time (when including linked media)
Fixed potential crash due to empty buffers being sent for capture
Fixed timecode display on audio imports (AIFF/MP3)
Fixed display of The 'Elapsed and 'Total Duration' fields in the edit label tab of the BITC panel when set to feet and frames (including 16mm & 35mm 3-perf.)
Fixed playback of Avid DNxHD files produced by Atomos Samurai
Fixed scroll bar on Notes section of Filecards
Fixed mouse-drag selection when clicking below the last valid line on multi line text entries
Fixed cut/paste logic on multi line text entries (notes not being saved when closing the Filecard)
Fixed 3D DVE edge softness & shadow setting not working correctly
Fixed crash using tab function in record database
Fixed slight image shift when using certain effects (Wipe etc)
Fixed potential crash opening/closing the vectorscope tool during playback
Fixed RED R3D audio playback (for linked audio)
Fixed RED R3D playback when using Red Rocket cards
Fixed potential crash zooming out on the video routing panel
Fixed Switch command not working correctly when tiles are linked to viewers Fixed multi-line selection on text fields (fixes upwards selection)
Fixed reverse word selection in text fields
Fixed potential crash when pasting text in to text fields
Fixed potential issue where the Lightworks Archive would back up an edit rather than the selected whole project
Fixed incorrect ordering on racks
Fixed potential crash using the search and replace function on bins
Fixed tabbing between fields (on the search/replace panel)
Removed obsolete Matrox drivers (5.5/6/6.1/7)
Fixed tiles not repositioning automatically in bin after clip is deleted in tile view
Ensure that the whole of the viewer/tile is kept onscreen following a change in output video format
Fixed import of AVCHD material in the Free version (when using Create Link)
Fixed missing audio on MPEG4 exports
Fixed ProRes sample failing to import with video
Fixed ability to type the timecode into the labels panel
Fixed crash clicking Standby when setup to record Voice over on the record panel
Fixed AAF import from Avid showing black clips in the edit
Fixed project name not appearing when creating a new room to a project from the project browser screen
Fixed ability to remove an EQ effect from an audio clip by right clicking and selecting remove
Fixed alpha channel not being removed when applying a 3D DVE to a clip Fixed edit sync warnings not appearing when making a copy of an edit
Fixed ability to use non-writable drives if they have a Material/Sound folder on them
Fixed Atornos Samurai_Avid DNx HD .rnov audio playback being incorrect
Fixed ProRes sample not importing with Picture
Fixed potential crash importing file from Pentax k30
Fixed multiple bins being created when importing new media
Fixed import of AC3 audio on AVCHD files
Fixed import of 32-bit WAV sample (previously failed to import)
Fixed crash rendering/exporting Avid DNxHD MXF 1080p25
Fixed deselected tracks on popped out tiles
Fixed potential crash unjoining FX nodes in the video routing panel
Fixed FX getting lost when using the video routing panel
Fixed potential crash on exit after opening the Effects panel
Fixed Mark Out being ignored when doing four point editing
Fixed potential crash scrolling and resizing bins
Fixed Batch Import Tool transcode settings not persisting when tool is re-opened
Fixed Frame rate and Size options on the export panel from moving
Fixed recordings and imported files appearing offline when using shared projects
Fixed creation of Prints and Subclips
Fixed still images transcoded on import to DVCPro100 MOV displaying incorrectly
Fixed MPEG422 SD AV's displaying incorrectly
Fixed audio clicks on Voice Over recordings
Fixed potential crash entering a project containing Avid DNxHD media without the codec being installed
Fixed invalid characters appearing on the Filter Type options menu of the Audio EQ effect
Fixed newly imported files being created in a new Imports bin despite one already being open
Fixed being able to resize a timeline track using the left mouse button
Fixed audio not playing in 11.1 if imported into 11.0.3 to an NTFS 4096b/sec drive
Fixed potential crash rendering thumbnails in bins when using shared projects
Fixed potential crash right clicking a tool in the Toolbox
Fixed default position setting to remember viewer positions
Fixed clicking in resizeable area (but not dragging) of track selection boxes on edit timeline
Fixed incorrect aspect ratio appearing on Fullscreen and I/O output
Fixed resizeable 'Add tracks' panel
Fixed timecode entry on labels panel
Fixed make 'Bin of Material function from rack setting menu
Fixed Colour Correction values not being identified correctly when typing them in
Newly created projects now default to 1080p rather than PAL
Fixed incorrect audio on MPEG4 exports
Fixed deletion of transcoded material
Fixed analogue audio being recorded at the incorrect speed using Matrox I/O
Fixed trimming shorctut keys not unjoining FX tracks
Fixed sync groups losing sync under certain circumstances
Fixed being able to record PAL from 1080i SDI input signal
Fixed colourspace conversion which would show purple tiles/viewers randomly
Fixed H.264 MOV files appearing considerably darker when compared with Quicktime
Fixed lengthy delay waiting for pixels shaders to load when entering projects
Fixed potential crash entering projects
Fixed crash loading column layouts on bins
Fixed Find material function failing when selecting permanent bins Fixed sync on 23.98 pulled down WAV exports
Fixed audio on MP3 samples being garbled in the 64bit version
Fixed archiving from an export tool that was restored from a room file
Fixed restoring archives with linked media paths failing to reconnect audio streams
Fixed memory issue on 32bit version
Fixed automatically acquiring an AVID DNxHD network license
Fixed FX nodes disappearing on the video routing panel
Fixed media relinking not available/possible after unarchiving? Fixed Lightworks archive import to unarchive all the files correctly? Fixed MP3 files failing to import
Fixed 720p 30fps MJPEG sample not importing into a 30fps project in the 32bit version
Sources-list.txt now created in Lightvvorks project folder to avoid Windows permissions issues
Fixed crash using arrow keys for navigation in timecode labels
Fixed display of Fraps files in the 32bit version
Fixed FX nodes disappearing on the video routing panel
Fixed 24fps Quicktime samples being identified as 23.98fps on the import panel
Fixed Copy local import option not working correctly (creating large audio files)
Fixed deletion of material that has been restored from an archive when deleting a project
Fixed potential memory crash in the 32bit version
Fixed relinked media not reappearing until after restarting the application
Fixed video only being relinked by 'relink missing media function
Ensure that material/sound folders are created when restoring a project from an archive
Fixed Timeline marker moving position after using ALT M
Fixed audio not being present on MP4 samples in 32bit version
Stop media file import browser from analyzing Lightworks link files
Fixed audio cutting out after 14 minutes on exports
Fixed DVCPROHD .MOV files created on Mac not working Fixed potential timeline sizing/moving crash
Fixed entire clips appearing offline in shared projects when only part of the file (audio or stereoscopic eye) was offline
Fixed audio mixer track selection
Fixed AAF settings for Protools target
Fixed AVC-Intra50 files importing as green image
Fixed DVD/Bluray export aspect ratio setting
Fixes and Features in 11.0.3
Fixed imports failing from SAN disks that appear as local disks
Fixed crash rendering an SD Boris effect as HD
Fixed import of PCM audio on 60fps MTS samples
Fixed crash playing back an HD YUYV AVI rendered/exported by Lightworks
Fixed poor playback of AVCIntra files
Fixed performance issue on playback using shared projects (introduced in 11.0.2)
Fixed system memory not being read correctly on some systems (primarily bootcamped Macs)
Add ability to automatically restart the Sentinel License Manager Service when starting Lightworks, if the service is stopped
Fixed undo function not working correctly
Fixed dissolves showing unusual black rectangle on viewer
Fixed display of frame rate and format of XDCAM EX material on import panel
Improve memory handling for .MTS and .M2TS files to prevent crashing with large numbers of files open
Fixed reading of malformed Blackmagic DNxHD MXF file
Fixed potential crash reading .MXF audio on import
Fixes and Features in Version 11.0.2
The following fixes and features have been implemented in this version:
• Fixed display of RGB Uncompressed AVI files.
• Fixed crash importing files from a network drive that appears as a local drive.
• Fixed large AVI files not importing with the correct length.
• Fixed large AVI repeating image two thirds of the way through.
• Fixed display of RED R3D 4.5k full native frame files.
• Fixed potential crash importing H.264 MOV sample using drag and drop.
• Fixed crash transcoding PNG image sequence on import.
• Fixed audio on Avid DNxHD MOV sample.
• Fixed SD/HD MOV exports not playing in Quicktime Player.
• Added ability to right click a text field and copy/paste/cut text.
• Fixed loading Matrox DSX Utils 220.127.116.11.
• Fixed embedded OMF export.
• Fixed AAF import of top-level sequences. They now show as edits rather than shots.
• Fixed export of consolidated audio on OMF/AAF.
• Improvements for memory issues importing large numbers of files.
• Fixed AVI files exported from Adobe After Effects going black halfway through.
• Fixed crash with AVI files exported from Adobe After Effects.
• Fixed AVCIntra files not displaying correctly.
• Fixed decoding of Canon XF Media.
• Added Multi-channel embedded audio export.
• Fixed transcode PNG to YUYV AVI.
• Fixed audio import for H.264 Quicktime.
• Fixed "Performing an empty cut on a clip with effects results in the keyframes of the clip before the empty cut changing to smooth if set to linear”.
• Fixed not being able to tab to the last keyframe on an effect.
• Fixed "Black frame flashes on exported files when memory usage is high."
• Renamed GPU tests to system tests and add memory report (can be used to check memory available to Lightworks is as expected).
• Base memory usage limit on physical memory available (fix crashes opening large numbers of MTS files?).
• Fixed audio mixer configuration changes not being saved when loading a new configuration from file.
• Fixed for import of top-level AAF sequences (they were showing up as original shots).
• Added informative message if incorrect Matrox hardware utils found.
• Fixed error registering DirectShow filter on installation.
• Fixed progress reporting on import.
• Disabled ability to get thumbnails for link files when browsing material folders. This causes problems with FsysResolveLink with files residing on a drive used as a material drive, which is a more common case.
• Fixed crash with unrenderable audio.
• Fixed reading of VFW codecs (huffyuv, lagarith, UT etc).
• Fixed display of Uncompressed AVI sample from Aurora 3D.
• Fixed potential random crash.
• Updated to latest Sentinel RTE (6.25).
• Fixed reading of timecode from BWAV sample.
• Fixed export failing on last frame of export.
• Fixed Cue Panel and Project shortcuts within the Lightworks.prefs file. You will need to import the Lightworks.prefs file again to see the change.
• Fixed Undo not working when dragging and dropping multiple tiles from a bin to the timeline.
• Further improvements to memory handling.
New in this Version
The following features are new in this version:
•You can now view your system status, and upgrade from the Free version of Lightworks to Lightworks Pro using a code that activates your license. See "Upgrading to Lightworks Pro" on page 2.
•Lightworks now includes an automatic backup facility for edits, as well as the ability to restore backups. See "Automatic Backups" on page 5 and "Restoring from a Backup" on page 6.
EDITSHARE LIGHTWORKS README VERSION 11.0.0
NEW IN THIS VERSION
•You can now drag in black at the start or end of a clip as a Replace or as an Insert. See "Dragging in Black" on page 7.
•You can now share projects and Media Spaces. See "Sharing Projects" on page 7.
•A number of changes have been made to Import and Export. See "Import and Export Changes" on page 14.
•Lightworks now ships physical keyboards customized for several languages. See "Customized Keyboards" on page 19.
•Bins have new functionality. See "New Bin Features" on page 19.
•You can now add titles using a native Lightworks title effect. See "Titles" on page 21.
•Drag-and-drop has new functionality. See "Drag-and-Drop" on page 23.
•The way you trim using the numeric keypad has changed. See "Trimming with the Numeric Keypad" on page 23.
•You can now click on any edge of a viewer and drag it to resize. The size of the viewer appears in the upper left corner while you drag it.
•You can now define a Mark Clip keyboard shortcut that adds marks at the head and tail of the current segment.
•If you imported media using the Create Link option, you can now relink missing media using the Relink option in the bin menu or the clip menu.
•All subsystems have been redesigned to facilitate cross-platform functionality.
•Still image import has been improved. Media that is one frame in duration is now automatically extended to 60 seconds, enabling shots with speeds other than 100%.
•The following Matrox function isnow supported: Retail drivers and DSX OEM drivers (v18.104.22.168 and v22.214.171.124)
New Lightworks Beta Release: 10.0.4.2
The updated Beta version 10.0.4.2 is now available from the Downloads page. This version has an extended license and includes several small fixes and updates which can be seen below:
Modify AVI+WAV export option to include audio mixer settings (same as WAV export)
Fix import of certain DNxHD MXF files that were not recognised correctly
Fix import of DNxHD MXF files that had been split up
Fix AES recording (any card with single AES channel)
Fix hang exiting standby on the record panel when no valid input is present
Fix exporting never completing with invalid events on the audio tracks
Restore audio monitor delay setting on project card
Change Record panel behaviour. Users must now enable Standby mode in order to start a record, this resolves an issue of V/O recordings not appearing in the timeline
Fix crash displaying DNxHD MOV material
Fix crash playing back DNxHD MOV material with DVEs added
Fix Voiceover recording to continue to the end of the edit when latency has been set
Add support for the latest RED SDK
Fix 1080p DNxHD MOV files appearing as 1080i on the import panel
Fix handling of audio on DNxHD MOV sample
Fix crash importing split MXF DNxHD files
Fix AVI+WAV export to generate an AVI without embedded audio
Fix DNxHD MOV samples that imported with incorrect audio
29/11/11 - Version 10.0.4.1 (beta)
Fixes and Features:
Fix Bin archiving to support odd characters.
Fix crash resizing viewers during playback
Fix crash moving viewers during playback
Fix crash and screen corruption after applying BITC
Fix WAV export on edits with more than 31 audio tracks
Updated to RED SDK 4.0 (requirements for 4.0 RED SDK: Rocket Driver 126.96.36.199 and Firmware 188.8.131.52 or later) No longer require two installers of Lightworks to work with and without a RED Rocket card. (Full version only)
Fix importing 24p Quicktimes from FCP
Fix import of audio on certain Quicktime files (was previously white noise)
Fix reading of timecode on consolidated AVID audio files
First attempt at fixing timecode from Quicktimes on systems with DSX Utils installed (Full version only)
Fix transcode of Quicktimes on import to DVCPro50
Fix naming on Archive exports
Fix reading of timecode from 24p MOVs on systems with DSX Utils installed (Full version only)
Fix audio on Quicktime/AVI exports with DSX Utils installed (Full version only)
Fix crash moving a sound only edit viewer during playback
Fix crash running out of GDI handles (random crashing)
Added ability to export AAF with audio handles (Full version only)
Added automatic Trace function when exporting AAF (Full version only)
Added check on AAF generation to check all channel events (Full version only)
Added pre-processor check to scan all segment IN/OUT points, allowing for transitions, and report the position of any segments that are beyond the bounds of the source-clip. The AAF export will abort if any are found. (Full version only)
Added ability to copy audio nodes from one section to another (Hold down ALT left click and drag the clip to a new section and release the left mouse button)
Fix shot timecodes on exported AAFs (Full version only)
Fix focus issues after dragging tiles out of bins
Fix DNXHD decoding (Full version only)
Change Use undo edits function to use the next available undo
AAF export now continues with a warning message if a source clip is missing, rather than terminating. (Full version only)
Fix save/restore of AAF-export options panel settings (Full version only)
Fix P2 imports on systems with DSX Utils to sync with audio and show correct timecodes (Full version only)
Fix playback problems with natively imported HD P2 material
Restore Uncompressed option back to Record/Render/Export compression panels
Add support for Matrox DSX Utils Release Candidate 8.0 (Full version only)
Add support for Matrox DSX Utils 184.108.40.206 (Retail drivers) (Full version only)
Fix Tiles not appearing in Bin set to Tiles view when recording from a database
Fix crash closing a rack after recording from a database
Fix potential crash when clicking undo
Fix issue with undo files not working correctly
Removed the 32,000 record limitation of projects (projects over this size produced updating problems)
Fix creation of .ed5 files beginning with "P" in the project folder
Fix performance problems adding and playing back effects
Fix poor image playback when set to Frames in certain projects
Restore option back to export panel to allow for AVI creation with separate audio files (AVI+WAV)
Fix keyboard shortcuts not appearing correctly
Fix crash exporting MOVs and MXFs from systems without hardware I/O installed
Fix AVI+WAV export from generating an unknown file
Change ‘target’ options on AAF-export to separate Avid and Protools. The ‘default’ option is now explicitly called ‘Lightworks’. (Full version only)
Fix AAF export with track-levels and clip-gain to import to Avid. (Full version only)
Fix AAF import to import all audio-levels data from any format of AAF – Avid, Protools or Lightworks format. (Full version only)
Fix AAF export concerning the specification of ‘edit-rate’ as applied to the exported SOURCE-clips and their timecodes. (Full version only)
Change AAF export to default to WAV if exporting to Avid or Protools (Full version only)
Fix AAF export issues concerning the start/end nodes of segments of the edit (Full version only)
Fix audio speed on OMF imports
Fix audio speed on AAF imports (Full version only)
Fix various updating issues with edits causing timeouts and delays
Reduce the number of calls to fileExists which would occur for missing ed5s
Fix delay opening consolidate panel in large shared projects
Fix crash exporting to PTV (Full version only)
Fix crash on notification of network delete of a missing edit
Added support for the recent full releases of Matrox retail drivers and DSX OEM drivers (220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168) (Full version only)
Fix newly created edits not appearing in bins in shared projects
Fix labels panel to be editable after dropping a tile into a source viewer with the labels panel open
Fix potential crash displaying imported shot in a new bin
Fix potential crash creating and modifying new projects in shared projects on Windows 7 systems
Fix project name getting lost
Fix reading of timecode on Quicktime imports
Fix OMF import to playback audio at the correct speed
Fix inability to add crossfades and dissolves
Add support for 22.214.171.124 of Geevs on PTV export (previous versions of Geevs will no longer work) (Full version only)
Fix decoding of certain DNxHD MXF files (Full version only)
Fix E-E recording on interlace formats
Fix crash entering a room where an edit referenced by a viewer has been deleted
Fix crash opening Effects panel with thumbnails enabled
Fix OMF export to give correct audio speed when selecting "keep original" as sample rate
Fix crash searching for newly imported shots in shared projects
Fix "What source-reelID for audio-only EDL" option on EDL export to respect user changes
Fix crash changing bin view after deleting a shot
Fix analogue audio recording using DSXLE2 card (Full version only)
Fix import of ProRes files from KiPro (Full version only)
Fix audio import of Quicktime wrapped DNxHD. (Full version only)
Fix V/O recordings which now copes with source regions which are longer than the source (at the head AND tail)
Fix possible memory leak if you keep the effects panel open with thumbnail display on all the time. (Performance improvement)
Prevent trimming crash
Disable MSinfo check (annoying CPU usage on Windows 7) (Full version only)
Fix media relinking in network projects
Modify AVI+WAV export option to include audio mixer settings (same as WAV export)
Fix import of certain DNxHD MXF files that were not recognised correctly (Full version only)
Fix audio levels being lost when moving an audio clip to another area of the edit
Features and Fixes in Beta 10.0.4
* Fix crash when resizing video-routing panel
* Fix Exported DVCPro100 Quicktime playing correctly in FCP (Hardware I/O only)
* Fix crash trimming a single clip in a timeline
* Fix tools not returning correctly if toolbox is unpinned
* Fix audio only EDL Export
* Fix crash during OMF export with invalid shot
* Fix audio not being heard on audio tracks 17 and above (Hardware I/O only)
* Modify Mackie protocol to support edits with more than 16 audio tracks
* Fix SDI output not appearing when first entering a project (Hardware I/O only)
* Audio nodes can now be added by right clicking on the yellow line
* Fix output setting being reset when returning to the Project Browser
* Fix crash in notes section of Bin in Both view
* Fix WAV export failure
* Fix OMF WAV generation failure
* Fix sync errors incorrectly appearing when no V track is present
* Fix flashing black frames during DNXHD playback
* Fix tile distortion when dropping a tile into a gallery
* Fix colour not being displayed on colour correction wheels
* Fix odd behaviour clicking the Matrox screwdriver icon
* Fix 'make bin of clip-references' function
* Fix keyboard shortcuts getting lost randomly
* Fix OMF export panel distortion
* Restore audio level check box on OMF export panel
* Fix project browser when clicking in name section then changing to restore not letting you create a new project
* Added support for IMX decode (full version only)
* Fix EDL track mapping to support more than 4 audio tracks
* Fix two lists being created when searching for bins
* Add ability to turn off drag and drop behaviour (add config entry: stripv_accept_tiles 0 to the config.dat file)
* Fix automatic positioning option on bins
* Fix Solo button on audio mixer panel when audio is panned left/right
* Fix audio fade out line remaining on timeline when audio is removed
* Fix viewers distorting when changing size during playback
* Fix pinned viewers appearing on top when right-left clicking
* Fix EDL creation to correctly handle illegal characters in the filename
* Fix panel still on old colour scheme (add audio tracks in between)
* Fix 'right + left clicking' bringing bins to the top on the first click
* Fix horizontal scrolling on bins in List view
* Fix rendering of first effect in timeline removing additional effects
* Fix audio WAV export issue repeating the last section at the end of edit
* Fix crash when inserting from a sync-group using "Live cut source" shortcut
* Fix panels disappearing if toolbox is unpinned
* Fix tools staying in position when toolbox is unpinned
* Added keyboard shortcut for Next room and Previous room
* Fix crash clicking cutlist tool after sharking searchcard
* Fix black at end of edit being removed after clicking sync button
* Change user-generated black to a subclip
* Added keyboard shortcuts for next and previous audio node
* Stop network project notifications from being sent or received when not using shared projects
* Fix project output setting being saved per room (Shared projects only)
* Fix recording from MXO2
* Added ability to open file location from the Filecard
* Fix setting of aspect ratio when writing 16:9 using Gee file writer (MXF/MOV)
* Fix hang exporting OMF
* Fix audio playback stopping after a short time
* Fix consolidation to recognise all audio tracks correctly
* Tighten check for valid sequence numbers on OMF Export so we don't create unreadable OMFs
* Fix setting of filename when create new sound files on OMF import
* Fix infinite loop in OMF toolkit with invalid film frame sequence numbers
* Fix crash previewing audio only file on import panel
* Fix crash reading AVI audio using Gee file reader
* Fix reading of bits per component from Matrox YUV uncompressed files.
* Fix crash on exit
* Fix memory leaks and crashes on exit, generally when file requests fail for some reason.
* Fix shot length calculation (1 frame out)
* Improve audio file I/O efficiency
* Fix hang on shutdown of DirectShow audio interrupt when changing project standards
* Fix rounding of sample rate on OMF import
* Fix hang leaving room
* Keep logger window open for OMF imports (as well as AAF)
* Fix timecode from imported OMF not being displayed in 23.98 project
* Fix shot length calculation (1 frame out) on OMF import
* Fix problems with OMFs sometimes having no shot timecode, no reel etc.
* Fix crash during consolidate
* Fix video consolidation, log errors to error.log as well as console window
* Fix consolidate when there is insufficient audio or video samples in the original material, consolidate will continue without errors and the new material will resemble the original material in being longer than the actual material
* Fix crash on exit due to image cache not being empty.
* Add option to disable loading of Matrox codes for Vfw and DirectShow
* Fix crash importing Quicktime sample from forum (southpawami), Expand frame rates accepted as 30fps up to 31fps.
* Fix reading of MJPG_B movs, add reading of field presentation order, fix memory leak.
* Fix Consolidate not working correctly on BWAVs
* Fix several issues causing slow rendering.
* Fix crash previewing YUV images that need flipping on import
* Log Vfw codecs present to error.log
* Fix interleaving when creating new frames from 2 different input frames (pulldown) when the source image scan mode is not as expected (e.g. PAL material in an NTSC project).
* Added the ability to make multiple subclips at once from a clip with two or more cues
* Allow non-integral varispeeds
* Redraw existing tiles correctly following a change to project letterboxing
* Clicking the project location (on the project card) now causes the project folder to be revealed in Windows Explorer
* Fix crash applying effects via the routing panel (to non-visible parts of the graph)
* Fix crash starting playback (if you'd previously left a project having been in twin-play mode)
* Console trimming keys and keyboard trimming keys now do the same thing
* Added media relinking facility (bin->cogs-> Relink Missing Media)
* Fix crash after turning a clip into an edit (which is linked to a tile in a gallery)
* Fix crash trimming edit that has no video tracks
* Fix clipboard update bug
* Fix crash clicking on bin Notes fields
* Prevent graphical corruption on the consolidate panel
* Persist the advanced EDL export options (and restore for subsequent usages)
* Right mouse button now only moves the zoom window if zoomed in AND the mouse is over the white area
* Keep menus topmost
* Fix bin scrolling after drag/drop receipt of timeline section
* Claim focus when clicking 'all' button on timeline
* Fix insertion of single-frame clips when empty
* Rewrote the window manager
* Fix crash dragging and dropping a tile into a bin with no free space
* Added Vs_redist to the Full installer
* Fix error during install with vs-redist on Windows 7
* Fix Playout tool not resizing correctly when playout starts
* Fix EDL export ignoring audio tracks set to None
* Fix defaults button on logging databases
* Fix images not updating when trimming
* Fix Crash adding FX from simple effects panel when no V track selected
* Fix audio being moved correctly using disk manager tool
* Fix import panel disappearing if toolbox is unpinned
* Fix search and replace working on selections in Bins and logging databases
* Fix crash playing back 16bit DPX files
* Added support for up to 32 audio tracks
* Fix audio playback on NTSC AVI exports
* Fix v track being lost when unwiring FX
* Fix export panel remembering last image sequence setting
* Fix audio not getting moved when using disk manager tool
* Fix tile distortion when moving a tile that is partially covered in a bin
* Fix crash scrolling through bin in Both view
* Added ability to make subclips based on cue points
* Fix crash entering project if Fullscreen feature was enabled
* Fix decimal values being recognised on varispeed
* Fix certain keyboard shorctuts still appearing when they have been removed
* Fix search and replace can now replace text with empty field
* Fix yellow audio line being left behind when moving audio
* Fix crash importing AVI that has audio streams before the video streams
* Fix crash adding wipe effect in video routing panel
* Fix image sequence export creating a black frame at the end
* Fix tiles reparenting to what they were dropped on
* Fix crash after adding user defined effect
* Add support for Type 1 AVI files
* Fix MJPEG imports showing correct
* Fix crash exporting an EDL when there are less audio tracks in the edit than go in the EDL
* Fix crash scrolling bin contents (in list/both view)
* Reinstated memory reclaiming, now automatically frees the contents of the stills and edit caches
* Fix right eye EDL to show the correct track number
* Fix audio pop that can occur at cutpoints
* Fix varispeed disappearing when resizing V track on a pinned timeline
* Fix destination drive appearing correctly in the list on render/export panels
* Fix stripview jumping to a different position after clicking Join
* Fix audio levels changing when adjacent to black in the timeline
* Fix audio levels changing when black section is extended
* Fix AAF imports having incorrect audio levels
* Fix audio levelling to respect cut points
* Fix viewer focus when dragging and dropping a tile into a viewer
* Fix crash due to notes field hitting the character limit during consolidation
* Fix toolbox behaviour to not open when moving the mouse above or below toolbox area
* Fix toobox unpinned behaviour to close immediately when moving mouse away
* Change Solo button on mixer panel to unmute track if it is muted when clicking the Solo button
* Fix drag and dropping selected tracks from an edit to a bin
* Add memory check on startup
* Disabled AAF export in free Beta
* Fix LR and Mix 1-3 muting on the audio mixer panel
* Fix audio level line to move with the mouse wheel
* Fix varispeed to show as inactive when parked at the end of the edit
* Restore concurrent viewers setting to sync groups
* Fix sync-group 'when timecode, sync by' menu item
* Fix crash adding FX plugins
* Added ability to export audio track levels with AAF export (Full version only)
* Added ability to export audio clip gain with AAF export (Full version only)
* Added ability to export audio handles with AAF export (still under development)
* Added stereoscopic FX toolset (Full version only)
* Fix Bin archiving to support odd characters.
* Fix crash resizing viewers during playback
* Fix crash moving viewers during playback
* Fix crash and screen corruption after applying BITC
26/01/11 - Version 10.0.3 (beta)
Fixes and Features:
* Make sure that the export formats button appears correctly
* Fix crash importing MXF exported from Lightworks
* Tools are now always top most
* Fix clips opening from bins when tiles are linked to viewers
* Fix video disappearing when clicking inline effect
* Fix audio track jumping to next cut point when zoomed
* Fix export panel distortion when chord clicking export tool onto edit/clip
* Fix crash opening export panel if an invalid compression was selected
* Fix timecode label showing no timecode
* Added 720p 25fps setting to project card and export panel
* Fix rendering 720p material
* Fix folders Created on the export panel not appearing after creation
* Make sure that the export formats button appears correctly
* Fix crash when the number of effects in a particular segment exceeds the vertical height of the strip
* Drag/drop of effects on FX tracks now behaves the same way as for regular clips
* Choose a sensible default codec for Quicktime exports
* Keep the timeline context-menu visible after changing the transition length
* Fix crash importing an AAF with sound tracks but no media
* Added explicit keybindable commands for live cutting
* Hide TimeBlur.aex from the plug-ins list (since it crashes)
* Always highlight the last used effect when showing the effects list
* Preserve marked regions (defined by explicit in/outs) when clicking on one of the marks in the white position strip
* Fix compact sync-group size on room re-entry
* Racks contents are no longer reordered incorrectly when clicking on one of the contained items
* Make the preferences panel topmost (and completely within the bounds of the screen) when clicking the thumbprint icon (and the preferences panel is already on screen)
* Fix timeouts and black frames with RED material
* Fix / tidy audio metadata setting (incorrect stride specified, add debug checks to reveal errors)
* Fix hangs (crashes) when trying to transcode to an unsupported image size on import
* Fix image sequence exports not working at all and not giving any error message when the filename contains invalid characters (e.g. from those in the edit name)
* Remove DNxHD, LW RLE, MJPG from export/render formats
* Fix audio import from RED
* Fix colour shift with RED material
* Add both keycode and primary timecodes from RED files
* Fix 1/8 res 4K playback stuttering
* Fix export from 16bit DPX to MOV dropping frames
* Keep the toolbox topmost
* Prevent the effect panel title from obscuring the cogs/close icons (when the edit name is long)
* Clicking on a table-view bin item makes it editable immediately
* Delete temporary edits created during AAF export
* Restore 'align kemrolls'
* Correctly restore source/record/focus when re-entering a room
* Minimising a record viewer now transfers play focus correctly if there is a pre-existing source viewer
* Fix crash undoing deletion of an assistant app
* Remember/restore the last timecode type chosen via the labels panel (for edits)
* Fix crash displaying the clipboard stripview (if no video tracks)
* Respect V track selections when dragging/dropping FX segments
* Prevent the record-tool cogs menu from appearing when in standby
* Add flag icons to tiles in bin 'both' view
* Pass keyboard focus to viewer when maximising a tile
* Remember the last-used timecode type for edits (when changing via the mouse-wheel)
* Show 'Media Offline' for offline clips within edits
* Update the clipboard timeline/viewer correctly following timeline drag/drop
* Don't display the clipboard following editing operations that did not actually use it (eg. insert)
* Claim console/keyboard focus when clicking timeline track buttons
* Fix NTSC Quicktime export
* Fix memory heap corruption after import
* Redisplay bin thumbnails correctly after changing output format
* Importing now pays attention to which items are tagged
* Prevent possible hang scrolling through a gallery of subclips / syncs
* Fix effect folding bug
* Prevent crash displaying two (or more) edits with BITC enabled
* Removed Geevs export format
* MXF export now give user an explicit Op1a (XDCAM) / OpAtom (P2) choice
* Added cogs menu (right-click) to the import icon so you can change 'sync using filenames' etc before starting an import
* Don't make a bin AND show the permanent list when chord-clicking the bin tool
* Added MiniDV to the device list
* The size of an export is now calculated asynchronously so you don't have to wait on room entry, etc
* Implicitly export two EDLs at a time for stereoscopic edits for Left and Right eyes
* Fix possible crash entering a room after having previously left another room
* Ensure that edit order always matches visible tile order when creating an edit from a bin
* Use the correct colour for inactive FX panels
* Don't apply EQ if the effect has been bypassed
* Ensure that effect LEDs are in the correct state when the panel first appears, especially when effect components are disabled
* Fix drag and drop of tiles to stripview when tile has fewer audio tracks than are selected on the destination edit
* Shift+backspace is now no different to backspace
* It is now not necessary to have 'sync using filenames' enabled to auto-detect P2 structures
* Rewording – the stripview is now called ‘timeline’
* Fix crash entering invalid keystrokes into logging-database timecode field
* Preserve audio levels when trimming grouped audio tracks that have concurrent black/non-black segments
* Adding video effects is improved
* Added 10-bit YUV DPX support for licensed systems
* The edit viewer / timeline no longer obscures the export progress details after an export
* Disallow DPX saving for unlicensed systems
* Don't list TGA twice on the render panel
* Preserve the auto-positioning information when duplicating bins
* Stereo-3d export options are disabled on unlicensed systems
* Fix reading of AVI files with audio - probably the cause of a lot of failures to read AVI reported by forum users
* Clean up any dangling BITC definitions in the project edit caused by unpacking user definitions, which was causing the project edit to grow in size and take longer and longer to read
* Stop project edit always being saved twice (and notifying the shared project twice for every modification
* Lightworks no longer crashes when you import MXF files that are of a length the application does not expect.
* D3D surface caching is now deselected by default.
* Apple H264 is now described correctly.
* If your AAF import fails, you now see a more helpful error message.
* When you import, more types of transcode options are now available.
* Uninitialized data might have interfered with importing. This has been fixed.
* Transcoding on import now works when the input image has an Apple codec identifier (fourcc) and appears to have a different compression format but is the same as one of the Windows formats.
* A bad memory leak that occurred when you changed projects has been fixed.
* Lightworks no longer crashes when you try to play audio when the audio is missing, for example, when material is offline.
* Memory usage is now reduced during surface pooling.
* The name you type for an Assistant Application is no longer ignored.
* When you delete an Assistant Application, associated effect templates are now also deleted.
* Irrelevant effects options are no longer available.
* If a memory allocation fails, cached images and logs are now automatically freed, and then the application tries again.
* You can now move on-viewer effects controls (for example, DVE position) with either mouse button.
* You can now adjust numeric effects parameters with the mouse wheel.
* You can now adjust Timeline zoom with the mouse wheel when you position it over the white length-indicator strip.
* You can now create effect templates from .FX files (for example, HLSL pixel shader files) on the fly.
* You can now have more than 10,000 events in an edit track.
* Handling is improved for After-Effects plug-ins that use custom parameter types (for example, Red Giant ‘Looks’).
* Lightworks no longer crashes when you preview After-Effects plug-ins.
* Lightworks no longer crashes when you display the BITC Overlay dialog box while letterboxing is enabled.
* You can now successfully import audio-only MXF files.
* You can now successfully import Aaton 23.98 WAV files.
* QuickTime export formats are now restricted (to avoid problems with using the QuickTime SDK for simultaneous decompression and recompression).
* Unjoined cuts are now rejoined after an undo or redo. You can unjoin them again by clicking the Unjoin button.
* Empty shots or edits no longer display the Material Offline message.
* The application might have crashed when you unarchived the same archive more than once without having closed the bin from the first import. This has been fixed.
* When you import, an image sequence is now automatically detected only if you select the first image from the file browser.
* Image sequences without zero-padded numerics (for example, file1.jpg, file2.jpg as opposed to file0001.jp, file0002.jpg, and so on) are now imported successfully.
* You can now drag and drop tiles onto the Generate Film Lists tool.
* When you use Avid key assignments, pressing the J or L key repeatedly now increases play speed up to 4x.
* EDL imports that generate warnings now continue to import successfully.
* You can now specify on which drives you want your Material/Sound folders created.
* Lightworks no longer crashes when you try to import an EDL without having exported one first.
* After you double-click bin items, the correct number of track buttons now display on the source viewer.
* Lightworks might have crashed when it tried to display tool tips over non-opaque windows that did not have explicit alpha channels. This has been fixed.
* You can now drag tiles out of bins in either the List view or the Both view.
* You can now drag tiles onto a Timeline. Clicking a tile and dragging it into the Timeline performs an Insert edit. Shift-dragging performs a Replace edit.
* When you change the output aspect ratio, the full-screen display now appears correctly.
* Detection of secondary displays for full-screen preview is improved.
* When the primary display is on the right monitor, the mouse now behaves correctly on the secondary monitor.
* Permanent racks now behave like permanent bins, that is, you have to explicitly remove items from them.
* When you create a Cues dialog box, it now always appears on the screen.
* A Cues dialog box is now saved in a room and can be restored from a room.
* You can now bypass or enable an individual effect parameter by clicking the red button next to its name.
* When the Windows taskbar is positioned on the right edge of the Lightworks screen, the size of the main window is improved.
* The Only Show Metadata option has been removed from the Import/Export Commands list.
* Resolution, format and codec independent timeline
* Edit at 23.976, true 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, or 60 fps
* Advanced Multicam editing with unlimited sources
* Source/Record three-point editing
* Insert and Overwrite editing
* Replace, ﬁt to ﬁll, backfill
* Drag-and-drop replace editing
* Extend and Split edits
* A/V Sync indicators on timeline
* Single-click re-sync of whole timeline
* Multi-colored markers for edits and clips
* Matchframe for clips and subclips
* Slip and Slide
* Remove and Delete
* Asymmetric, multitrack trimming
* Dynamic trimming during playback
* JKL trimming
* Trim window
* Timeline trimming
* Keyboard and numeric moving and trimming
* Close Gap
* Third Party Plugin Support
* Alpha Channel Matte Transitions
* Global Transitions adds effects between In and Out points
* Real-time effects in SD, HD and 2K
* Speed Tool for varispeed changes
* Keyframe graphs
* Transitions, effects, and filters included
* Unlimited effects user templates
* Copy and paste effect attributes to multiple clips
* Effects layers with node-based compositing tool
* Bezier curves with movable motion paths
* Numeric control and keyframe capabilities
* Real-time, hardware accurate video vectorscopes and waveform monitors
* Multitrack Audio Mixer with full bus routing and multiple mixes
* Keyboard and user interface customization tool with templates for Avid and FCP keyboard mappings
* On-screen console controls
* Voice Over tool for adding narration directly to timeline
* Multi-split screen Viewer for original shot comparison
* Shot Sync - sync two sources for playback comparison
* Customisable BITC timecode and film footage overlays in Viewer
* Real time Primary color correctors
* Real time Secondary color correctors
* Image control filters
* Subframe audio keyframing
* Real-time audio adjustments during playback
* OMF audio export with pan and volume levels
* Real-time, software-based audio normalization
* Onscreen multitrack mixing console
* External Mackie control surface support
* Real time fader automation
* Real-time audio filters and effects
* Mixed bit-rates and samples on timeline
* Audio level meters per track
* Pan controls
* Mute and solo controls
* Pre and Post Audio waveform display with realtime update
* Full-screen, real-time SD, HD, and 2K preview on single or secondary display
* Multiple timelines open simultaneously
* Unlimited undo levels
* Unlimited video and FX tracks
* User preferences that can be moved from system to system
* Customizable keyboard and user interface buttons
* Customizable real-time effects settings
* Customizable render settings
* Customizable layouts
* Customizable track layouts
* Full Unicode support
* Import RED media and DPX image sequences directly
* Include timecode and keycode in the same list
* Support for 35mm 3-perf, 35mm 4-perf, and 16mm-20 and mixed film formats
* View feet and frames in edit
* View keycode and ink number overlays on video
* 24-fps EDL import and export
* 24-fps EDL conversion to and from 29.97 fps
* Import ALE, FLX, and CSV files
* Track key numbers, ink numbers, video and audio timecode
* Output Cut list, Change list, Optical list, Pull list, Dupe list, Audio EDL
* Media management tools for moving, copying, and consolidating media at edit or project level
* Powerful search capabilities
* Rename Clips to match media and vice versa
* Maintain master clips across multiple projects
* Clip colors in edit (match by source, reel or timecode)
* Custom comment fields
* Automatic reconnect to high-resolution media
* EDL and AAF import and export for metadata exchange
* Instant Save – no need to save project
* Batch export
3rd Party Support
* Inscriber Titlemotion
* After Effects
* Premiere Plugins
* Digital Fusion
* MXF Op1a, MXF OpAtom, Quicktime and AVI
* DV25, DVCPRO 25, DVCPRO 50, and DVCPRO HD
* MPEG-2 I-Frame SD and HD
* Uncompressed SD and HD at 8 bit and 10 bit
* Avid DNxHD*
* Apple ProRes*
* RED R3D*
* DPX 10 bit* and 16 bit*
* Sony IMX
* Sony XDCAM HD*
* Sony XDCAM EX*
* Sony XDCAM HD422*
* Panasonic P2
* Image Import and Export as stills or sequences (DPX, BMP, TARGA, JPEG, GIF, PSD, TIFF, DPX, JPEG2000, PICT, QT Image, SGI, and PNG)
* Export presets for Apple TV, iPhone, iPod
* Broadcast Wave Format with drop and non-drop frame timecode options
* Import and Export OMF I and OMF II
* Import and Export AAF
* MDA support for Edit While Capture with Geevs servers
* Telecine 29.97i to 24p pulldown removal
* 30fps and 25fps import to 24fps project
* Frame-accurate capture tool with support for batch, clip, and on-the-fly capturing
* Frame-accurate insert and assemble edit-to-tape
* Serial device control (RS-422, RS-232)
* FireWire device control
* available separately at extra cost
Guides and How to's:
File import and proxy editing in Lightworks (free) with EyeFrame Converter - Read Fraps screencast transcoded to Lightworks with EyeFrame Converter - Read
NEW SOFTWARE= New tool since your last visit
NEW VERSION= New version since your last visit
NEW COMMENT= New comment since your last visit
Type and download NO MORE UPDATES? = The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years. NO LONGER DEVELOPED = The software hasn't been updated in over 3 years.
RECENTLY UPDATED = The software has been updated the last 31 days. Freeware = Free software. Free software = Free software and also open source code. Freeware/Adware = Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Free software/Adware = Free software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Trialware = Also called shareware or demo. Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions. Payware = No demo or trial available.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a BETA, RC(Release Candidate) and even a ALPHA version of the software.
Download (direct link) = A direct link to the software download.
Download (developer's site) = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64 bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = No installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com.