Light Alloy - is a completely free, compact multimedia player. It supports all popular multimedia formats. Player is optimized for quick launch and minimum load of the system resources.
Version:184.108.40.206 Released: Size:64.8MB Portable version
Light Alloy 220.127.116.11 (build 2017)addedchangedfixed 23.01.2014
Added hint with currently playing file when mouseover on player caption.
Updated Italian language.
Updated OpenSSL Shared Libraries v1.0.1L
Removed support for creating screenshots in WebP format.
IRSL: optimization of opening if IceCast is already loaded.
Fixed crash when loading malformed ASX playlists.
Fixed unicode issue with hint on volume slider.
Subtitles options: parameter *border width* was ignored.
Preferences->Keyboard: fixed possible crash when selecting a command.
IRSL: fixed crash when IceCast too big and contains more than ~22000 entries.
IRSL: fixed issue when bitrate in IceCast sometimes contains wrong data.
IRSL: fixed unicode issue with Genre field.
AVI: extended support for Matrox MPEG2 codecs.
MKV: enhanced compatibility with some external video decoders.
MPEG: optimizations in data parsing.
Dirac: optimizations in data parsing.
Субтитры: some optimizations in data parsing.
Updated Nvidia and Intel videocards list with hardware 4K-decoding support.
Video Decoder: fixed playback of some files with incorrect FPS.
Video Decoder: fixed 4:2:0 8bit -> YV12 video output (colors distortion were seen).
Video Decoder: fixed playback of some MPEG2/H.264 in DXVA mode.
Video Decoder: some HEVC-videos (mostly studio demos of 4K) skip frames during playback.
MP4: some files were unable to play.
MPEG: fixed player hang trying to open files which were very small size.
MKV: incorrect FPS calculation for H.264 interlaced.
MKV: some files were unable to play.
FLV: fixed player hang on some corrupted files.
Real Media: some fixes in progressive/interlaced video support.
Subtitles: some PGS-subtitles were displayed with "incorrect" black border.
Fixed player crash due to installed AcerSubtitle filter in user system.
And other minor fixes and enhancements.
The main feature - it is very easy in use but at the same time has lots of configuration settings. Like fast video rewind, load subtitles, make bookmarks in the list or on the timeline, preview window on timeline, select audio tracks and subtitles in multilingual films, minimize to tray, infrared remote control (WinLIRC), make screenshots. The brightness/contrast/saturation of the image van be adjust, it supports multimedia keyboards and has full support for DVD/Blu-ray and MKV/OGM/MP4 features.
* Built-in video/audio codecs (but still can be configured to use system codecs), as well as custom codecs for the selected video formats, has full support for subtitles (with the ability to specify the time shift if the subtitles are behind or ahead); has minimal start time;
* Full support for DVD/Blu-ray and MKV/OGM/MP4 features.
* Support for WinLIRC to control the player remotely..
* Configurable playback speed from 0.1x slow to 32x fast, frame by frame playback, adjustable rewind.
* Volume control, timeline display on the control panel.
* Additional audio features: sound amplification, normalization, audio shift.
* Unrestricted display size with or w/o aspect ratio alignment.
* Audio and video filters configuration.
* Supports playlists with the possibility of placing bookmarks in the playlist or on timeline; can be configured to display or hide the duration, can generate a table from the playlist (for movie collectors), save/load a playlist, get screenshots from the video (including the DVD).
* Drag-n-drop support; saving playing position on player close (to resume later).
* Show detailed info about playing file, copy to clipboard any fields of data or all the info at once.
* Rich reconfigurable mouse keys and keyboard, functional pop-up menu.
* Easy to use media-oriented "add files" dialogue.
* Video settings can be saved per file (brightness, contrast, saturation, sound volume level, the currently loaded subtitle, the currently selected audio track) that are reapplied next time the file is opened.
* Ability to specify a folder to save screenshots, for creating thumbnails and full-size screenshots from the movie.
* Timeline preview function, like on YouTube, with posibility to change preview window size.
* Possibility to show battery charge when AC-mode is off.
Finally,,a player that gives people who use Daums PotPlayer or any other player an excellent alternative..Im not knocking PotPlayer but LightAlloy plays everything I threw at it including High Definition files and audio files just as smooth as PotPlayer,,but LightAlloy is easier to configure and has no lag when exiting the program like PotPlayer..LightAlloy uses a little more memory then PotPlayer to run but uses the same amount of low cpu power..It is very much like PotPlayer but it feels more lightweight and responsive to me..I have compared so many free video players to PotPlayer over the years to no avail but for now my player of choice is LightAlloy...
Posted August 19, 2013 by RappinRod.
Tool version 4.7.2 portable version
using OS WinXP
My rating means nothing since I can't install it properly. Tried multiple times and rebooted in between tries. I'm on xp sp3 up-to-date. Near the end of the install I get the message = Couldn't install data for 'a'. I tried to run the program anyway and the 1st time it allowed me to select a skin but then it closed and remained in memory but not visible. When I end it using the "end process" in the Task manager" it kills it but not if I run it again it just sits there until I reboot if I run it a second time. I reinstalled but got the same results. After 3 tries there is still no joy. Hopefully that message means something to the developer.
Posted August 08, 2012 by gll99.
Tool version 4.6.6
using OS WinXP
Ease of use 5
Value for money 5
Overall score 5
1 tool hits, Showing
NEW SOFTWARE= New tool since your last visit
NEW VERSION= New version since your last visit
NEW COMMENT= New comment since your last visit
Type and download NO MORE UPDATES? = The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years. NO LONGER DEVELOPED = The software hasn't been updated in over 3 years.
RECENTLY UPDATED = The software has been updated the last 31 days. Freeware = Free software. Free software = Free software and also open source code. Freeware/Adware = Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Free software/Adware = Free software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Trialware = Also called shareware or demo. Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions. Payware = No demo or trial available. Portable version = A portable/standalone version is available. No installation is required.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a BETA, RC(Release Candidate) and even a ALPHA version of the software.
Download (direct link) = A direct link to the software download.
Download (developer's site) = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64-bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = Portable/Standalone version meaning that no installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com.