J. River Media Center is an All Media Center, Connect with MEDIA CENTER, Add a digital camera, Connect a handheld player, iPod setup, Hook up your stereo, Connect a TV to your PC, Remote control for MC, Play music across a network, Connect TiVo™ to MC, Add a UPnP device. Copy music from MEDIA CENTER to a portable digital audio player or move digital camera photos into MC's powerful image library. Make a CD of music for your car. Record your favorite shows and watch them on your TV. More than one soundcard? Play different music simultaneously in different rooms. MC's Media Server can even stream your music to your PC at work!
1. Changed: Television program search in Theater view is faster for search strings entered on keyboard.
2. NEW: View your YouTube subscription feed in Theater View.
3. Changed: Track links are preserved through a shuffle.
4. Changed: 3d blu-rays are categorized differently (use Update Library (from tags)) so that it's possible to configure external playback on the type bdmv3d.
5. NEW: Added a volume command 'Enable volume when bitstreaming' to force the volume slider to stay active even if it's bitstreaming.
6. NEW: Added a feature 'iPod Support' to Options > General > Features to allow disabling iPod support.
1. NEW: Added a 'Find Artist' menu selection in Theater View for files to show a full list of all files by the artist.
2. Changed: Playback/PlayByFilename accepts a location.
3. NEW: Added Play > Add (after current artist) to the play commands.
4. NEW: Added 'Upper case all words (preserve existing capitalization)' as a mode for Clean File Properties.
5. NEW: Added ListEqual(...) expression function to compare two lists (regardless of ordering).
6. Fixed: "Clear Program Guide" option in television Load Program Guide wizard did not clear guide data on (newly) hidden channels.
7. Fixed: Movie rip would overwrite already existing movie with the same name without asking first.
1. NEW: Description is shown in the tooltip if it's not empty.
2. NEW: Added Play > Add (album) to add full albums to Playing Now.
3. Changed: When memory playback is enabled, the bitrate will display the average bitrate of the file instead of no bitrate.
4. NEW: Added the option to switch images on mouse wheel (control plus the mouse wheel will do the other one).
5. NEW: Added a startup volume option for each zone.
6. NEW: Added 'Shuffle Selection' to playlist and Playing Now right-click menus.
7. NEW: Added the ability to show and hide zones (right-click the zone in the tree).
8. Changed: Updated Portuguese translation file (thanks João Mariz).
1. Changed: Updated Portuguese language file (thanks Francisco Faísca).
2. Fixed: Cross fade could not play in certain cases.
3. Fixed: The mouse cursor would change to sizing arrows when the cursor was over the close button.
4. Changed: Screen grab is enabled when using Red October HQ because madVR now supports screen grabs.
5. NEW: Added Play > Add (after current album) to play files after the current album ends.
6. Changed: When ', ", or l' is set as an article, a space won't have to be after it like other articles.
7. Changed: Right-click on the stop player button gives a menu with stop and stop after current file.
8. Changed: Updated German translation (thanks Bytestar).
9. Changed: The Theater View add to playlist picker uses the full path of a playlist instead of just the name.
10. Fixed: MCWS Browse/Children could return double escaped names.
11. NEW: A "preferred tuner" can be assigned to each television channel. MC will use the assigned tuner if it is available.
12. Changed: Reverted the real-time DSD ouput change from 19.0.152, which resulted in various playback problems.
13. Fixed: Audio playback could crash in some cases, or drop up to 5 seconds of audio on track switch.
14. Fixed: Output Format wasn't loading / saving with DSP Presets.
15. NEW: Added the expression IsDriveMissing to test a drive for existence.
1. Changed: The Get Movie & TV Info dialog starts with the search box selected and focused.
2. Fixed: When playing a different sample rate there could be problems.
3. Changed: MCWS files functions have a NoUI paramater to put the player in an error free mode.
4. Changed: DSP Studio > Room Correction uses metric symbols when running in a non-English language.
5. Fixed: Network filenames could be incorrect in the Explorer view of the program.
6. Changed: English vs Metric can be selected in the language menu.
7. Fixed: If a track was in Playing Now twice, removing the second while the first was playing would restart playback.
8. Changed: Selected values are at the top of the drop list in the Smartlist editor.
9. Fixed: MCWS Browse/Children could return invalid XML.
10. Changed: Updated the Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).
11. NEW: Added MCWS DSP/SetEqualizer to set equalizer bands.
12. Fixed: MP3 files that were less than 8192 bytes wouldn't import (now the limit is 1024 bytes).
13. NEW: Theater View has an option for whether file deletion is offered.
14. NEW: DSP presets can be loaded per file by setting the DSP field (the list is from Load/Save on DSP Studio).
15. Fixed: Seeking in WMV videos over Gizmo or MC clients using transcoding did not work.
1. NEW: Added 'Date First Rated' field.
2. Changed: Removed the Hulu choice from Theater View.
3. Fixed: Stopping image playback while audio was playing could crash.
4. Fixed: Check For Updates was not working.
5. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
6. Fixed: Track changes could be early when the audio format changed.
7. NEW: Added a Load/Save button to DSP Studio.
1. Changed: When running MC in client mode, television channel ordering info is obtained from the server so channel ordering will be consistent on all clients.
2. Changed: When grouping by date recorded, the maximum value will be used instead of an average value.
3. Changed: MC sets Bit Depth and Sample Rate for SACD files on import.
4. Fixed: Reporter "Audio Analyzed" always reported 100%.
5. Changed: Audio Analysis of files with only silence will mark the files as "No Audio" instead of trying to boost the volume by an extreme value.
6. NEW: Files can be added to a playlist from Theater View (pick the Add to Playlist menu choice).
7. NEW: Added Cover Art Scale to the Display View menu with an option to show the cover at 100%.
8. Changed: When STB or Camera type television channels are edited/added, the capture device list will contain only analog devices (previously it also contained CableCARD devices).
1. Fixed: Upgrade pricing works.
1. Fixed: The save dialog would not be honored correctly when doing a Library Backup.
2. Fixed: Switching from DSD real-time resampling of PCM to DSD bitstreaming could result in noise.
3. Fixed: Category browsing was not working properly.
4. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayByFilename to play files by filename.
5. NEW: Updated Portuguese translation file (thanks JMz).
6. Fixed: Updated the splash screen for v20.
7. Changed: A version 20 license is required.
1. Fixed: Sorting of number fields respects the global setting for sorting empty values last.
2. NEW: Added the ability to link tracks together so they always play together. (Library Tools > Link Tracks)
3. Fixed: In rare cases going into a level in a library view could result in the wrong display text.
4. Fixed: When more recordings were scheduled than the number of available tuners, scheduled television recordings could be handled incorrectly, resulting in numerous short recordings of different television programs.
5. Fixed: "Live TV" button on remote control did not work correctly (always displayed error message "The TV channel 0 was not found").
6. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
I have been looking for a replacement for iTunes for my fairly large (2TB - 220,000 tracks) library for a number of years. On a PC, iTunes is slow to boot, slow to add tracks, slow to search, and generally more unusable with each release. I've tried Songbird, foobar and MediaMonkey, and went back to iTunes each time.
A friend recommended JRMC and I have now ditched all my other audio player software - this is very fast, has a small system footprint and does what I want. Fine for accessing data from a NAS across a wired network. It has not replaced XBMC as a HTPC video player for me yet since (as far as I can tell so far), it has to work from its own database, it won't just list file trees on the fly like XBMC will in file mode.
Very happy with JRMC and it's ended a painful 7 year relationship with iTunes for me. :)
Mediamonkey.com provides a better and free product.
The J.River product here does NOT just cost $40. You are signing on to a lifetime of paying again and again. Each year or so, they fix bugs add some new features and try to charge you again for the next release. After several years of these shenanigans you could have bought a new computer. Besides, their program is very confusing. Their .447 version mysteriously deleted your music files from you hard drive, without warning!! And they have a very bad reputation for censorship on their forums for anyone who dares to challenge them. You need this like a hole in the head!
After trying many HTPC software titles, this is the one you want if don't want a simple dumbed down software. It does just about everything and the support is terrific.
Posted May 06, 2007 by jmone.
Tool version v12.0.222
using OS WinXP
Ease of use 7
Value for money 10
Overall score 9
1 tool hits, Showing
NEW SOFTWARE= New tool since your last visit
NEW VERSION= New version since your last visit
NEW COMMENT= New comment since your last visit
Type and download NO MORE UPDATES? = The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years. NO LONGER DEVELOPED = The software hasn't been updated in over 3 years.
RECENTLY UPDATED = The software has been updated the last 31 days. Freeware = Free software. Free software = Free software and also open source code. Freeware/Adware = Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Free software/Adware = Free software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Trialware = Also called shareware or demo. Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions. Payware = No demo or trial available. Portable version = A portable/standalone version is available. No installation is required.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a BETA, RC(Release Candidate) and even a ALPHA version of the software.
Download (direct link) = A direct link to the software download.
Download (developer's site) = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64-bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = Portable/Standalone version meaning that no installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com.