* Added cropping mode 'None'.
* Added processing override 'Pal To NTSC' for really foobar'd PAL videos.
* Fixed bug that caused PAL jobs to be loaded as NTSC.
* Updated demuxed filename templates.
* Fixed formatting of audio sample rate names.
* Consolidated code.
* Updated icon size.
* Removed the MOD 4 restriction of manual crop values. Removed the MOD 16 restriction on height
and width values. The Mod 16 warning dialog will still display, but will now accept any
* Adjusted x264 CRF values for improved crispness of details and more fluid action scenes. Increases
file size and encoding time by approximately ~15%.
* Added menu option to set the processing override for multiple jobs.
* Input: MPEG-2 Video, 2 or 6 channel AC3 Audio
* Output: H.264 Video, AAC/FLAC/Vorbis 2-Channel Audio, Matroska/MP4 Container
* Batch jobs
* Auto processing of video to handle deinterlacing, IVTC, and hybrid video
* Auto resizing and cropping based on aspect ratio
* Manual overrides for video processing and cropping
Pros - Simple to use. Few options to confuse newbies. Batch processing.
Cons - Some tools have to be downloaded separately. Doesn't actually import DVDs - you have to convert your VOBs to MPGs or demux to m2v streams first. Doesn't support keeping the original AC3 audio in either output format. Poor handling of audio delays when working with batches - no individual delay settings.
Overall - Ease of use score would have been higher if the user didn't have to prep the files so much beforehand (convert formats, deal with audio delays). The other limitations mean that this tool really has little to offer in a field full of far better options. If it could import IFO or VOBs, and keep the original AC3 audio in the output file (DTS as well in the case of MKV files) then it would score far higher. As it stands, it offers nothing new to make the download worthwhile.
Posted July 05, 2010 by guns1inger.
Tool version 0.9.10.705
using OS Windows 7
Ease of use 7
Value for money 7
Overall score 4
1 tool hits, Showing
NEW SOFTWARE= New tool since your last visit
NEW VERSION= New version since your last visit
NEW COMMENTS= New comments since your last visit
Type and download NO MORE UPDATES? = The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years. NO LONGER DEVELOPED = The software hasn't been updated in over 3 years.
RECENTLY UPDATED = The software has been updated the last 31 days. Freeware = Free software. Free software = Free software and also open source code. Freeware/Adware = Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Free software/Adware = Free software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Trialware = Also called shareware or demo. Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions. Payware = No demo or trial available.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a BETA, RC(Release Candidate) and even a ALPHA version of the software.
Download (direct link) = A direct link to the software download.
Download (developer's site) = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64 bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = No installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com.