Any Video Converter is a simple video converter which can convert video files from various formats with fast converting speed and excellent video quality . It can convert almost all video formats including DivX, XviD, MOV, rm, rmvb, MPEG, VOB, DVD, WMV, AVI to MPEG-I, MPEG-I, DVD NTSC , DVD PAL, Flash for Video (FLV) ,AVI Video and Customized WMV movie formats. It also supports any user defined video file formats as the output. It has an unmatchable speed and high quality. Based on ffmpeg and mplayer/mencoder. Pro version costs $40.
3.5.9 March 12th, 2013
Fixed download problem of DailyMotion, Facebook and Veoh.
3.5.8 December 13rd, 2012
Fix some minor bugs.
3.5.7 November 6th, 2012
Modify the function of downloading online videos for a good user experience.
Add "iPad Mini, Nexus 4, Nexus 10" as supported output profile formats.
Fix the bug that the program is not compatible with Norton internet security.
Version 3.5.6 was released on October 19th, 2012:
1. Add Kurdish language.
2. Modify the Hungarian language file.
3. Modify the width of the "other Effects" in Effect dialog box.
Version 3.5.5 was released on September 28th, 2012:
1. Fix the bug that failed to download YouTube videos.
Version 3.5.3 was released on September 20th, 2012:
1. Add "iPhone 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD, Samsung Note 2" as supported output formats.
2. Update Greek language pack.
Version 3.5.2 was released on September 06th, 2012:
1. Fix the bug that failed to download some YouTube videos and support short link.
2. Update language pack.
Version 3.5.1 was released on August 29th, 2012:
1. Fix the bug that failed to run the program.
2. Fix the bug that failed to download YouTube video.
Version 3.5.0 was released on August 27th, 2012:
1. Support downloading vidoes from more websites.
2. Optimize list of added videos.
3. Fix some minor bugs.
Version 3.4.1 was released on July 30th, 2012:
1. Modified the DVD burning module.
2. Added the AVCHD DVD output support.
3. Modified the M2TS and MP4 files which may cause the video and audio sync problem in some cases.
Version 3.4.0 was released on July 5th, 2012:
1. Fix some bugs concerning Italian and Polish language GUI
2. Add Greek language GUI
3. Fix some minor bugs
Version 3.3.9 was released on May 28th, 2012:
1. Add "Samsung Galaxy S III" as supported output formats.
2. Fix the bug that failed to fix position correctly while in editing.
Version 3.3.8 was released on May 12th, 2012:
1. Add "The New iPad" as supported output formats.
2. Fix the bug that fails to convert merged video clips to WMV or audio formats.
3. Improve the MP4 Faststart function to enable MP4 streaming.
4. Add Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC) as supported output profile.
Version 3.3.7 was released on April 19th, 2012:
1.Fix the bug that failed to convert video to WMV format.
Version 3.3.5 was released on March 1st, 2012:
1.Fix the bug that the converted video is out of sync while choose MP4 as output video format.
Version 3.3.4 was released on February 8th, 2012:
1. Fix the bug that fails to convert video to mkv format when choosing aac audio codec.
Version 3.3.3 was released on January 16th, 2012:
1.Add "HTML5 Embed Video" as supported output formats.
Version 3.3.2 was released on December 14th, 2011:
1.Add "Samsung Galaxy S II" as supported output formats.
2.Add "Amazon Kindle Fire" as supported output formats.
3. Fix the bug concerning downloading Nicovideo videos error.
Version 3.3.1 was released on November 30th, 2011:
1. Fix the bug that some formats cannot be converted successfully.
2. Fix the bug concerning downloading YouTube videos error.
3. Fix the bug concerning out of sync.
Version 3.3.0 was released on October 18th, 2011:
1. Fix the bug concerning adding file error.
2. Fixed the bug that MPEG1 output file's sound problem.
3. Add some output file formats in profiles for Android tablets.
Version 3.27 was released on August 4th, 2011:
1. Fix the bug concerning the YouTube downloading error.
Version 3.26 was released on August 2nd, 2011:
1. Fix the bug concerning the YouTube downloading error.
Version 3.25 was released on June 24, 2011:
1. Fix the problem that DVD burning process does not finalize.
2. Fix the compatibility problem that DVD+R and DVD+R DL cannot be played on some DVD players.
Version 3.23 was released on May 11, 2011:
1. Add WebM(VP8) as supported input and output video format.
2. Improve the WMV output with higher conversion efficiency.
3. Fix some minor bugs.
Version 3.22 was released on April 14, 2011:
1. Improve users' online video downloading experience. Downloading task can start directly from downloading dialog box.
2. Fix the bug concerning the NicoVideo downloading error.
3. Fix the problem that videos playback at fast speed in preview window.
4. Include Motorola xoom in output profile in pro version
5. Fix the problem that the adjustment of video brightness/contrast/saturation is ineffective in Windows 7.
6. Updated burn module. Fix DVD burning error in CJK language.
7. Support the online video input format as youtu.be.
8. Fix the ineffective error under Options> Advanced> Alternative MPlayer/ MEncoder binary.
Version 3.21 was released on March 28, 2011:
1. Fixes the bug concerning the YouTube downloading error.
Version 3.18 was released on January 27, 2011:
1. Fix the bug that when DVD menu is used, DVD burning error may occur.
2. Optimize YouTube video downloading function.
3. Optimize user interface for Windows 7.
Version 3.17 was released on December 20, 2010:
* 1. Fix the problem that YouTube videos which need age verification can't be downloaded.
* 2. Remove built-in YouTube signin options, change Youtube signin method to built-in browser dialog. It will pop up only when account signin is required.
Version 3.16 was released on December 14, 2010:
* 1. Fix Youtube downloading problem, enable you to enter captcha code in built-in dialogue without opening browser when YouTube requires validation.
* 2. Add renaming function and allow you to rename output file before conversion.
Version 3.12 was released on November 19, 2010:
* 1. Fix the problem that program freezes when closing DVD burning dialog.
Version 3.11 was released on November 12, 2010:
* 1. Add "Flatten and add faststart to mp4 files" to enable mp4 streaming
* 2. Minor interface adjustment.
Version 3.10 was released on October 29, 2010:
* 1. Add video to DVD burning feature. Create DVD movie directly from various movie formats. Compatible with NTSC and PAL.
* 2. Redefine output profile group, more convenient to select and manage the output profiles.
* 3. Brand-new and cooler user interface.
* 4. Fix some minor bugs.
Version 3.07 was released on July 28, 2010:
* 1. Updates the YouTube downloading engine and some language packages.
Version 3.06 was released on July 01, 2010:
* 1. Adds MP4 output profile for iPhone 4G and adds Android output profile for Sony Ericsson Xperia, HTC Desire and IS01.
Version 3.05 was released on April 16, 2010:
* 1. Adds Dutch language interface.
* 2. Adds the “medium” video format option and new feature to automatically search video formats for YouTube downloading.Fixes bug concerning the downloading error for some YouTube video files.
* 3. Fixes bug concerning the playing-back and conversion error for the blue-ray vc-1 videos.
Version 3.04 was released on March 24, 2010:
* 1. Adds ASF and M2TS as the output profile.
* 2. Adds the "Encode Pass" option to select "1pass" (for normal quality) or "2pass" (for best quality) to encode video for the mpeg2/mp4/m2ts output formats.
Version 3.03 was released on January 30, 2010:
* 1. Upgrades the mplayer engine for faster video conversion speed.
* 2. Adds output profile (800x480 MPEG-4 movie) to support Google Nexus One.
* 3. Adds mp2 audio output for the DVD PAL profile.
Version 3.02 was released on January 26, 2010:
1. Upgrades the mplayer engine for faster video conversion speed.
2. Adds output profile (800x480 MPEG-4 movie) to support Google Nexus One.
3. Adds mp2 audio output for the DVD PAL profile.
Version 3.01 was released on December 02, 2009:
1. Adds new function to clip a video into multiple segments.
2. Adds new function to crop frame size to remove any unwanted area in the frame just like a pair of smart scissors.
3. Adds video effects such as brightness, contrast, saturation, flip, rotation, etc.
4. Fixes the bug that MKV subtitle can't be selected.
5. Add YouTube 1080P support.
6. Add Direct3D as an option for video previewing driver.
7. Add Snapshot taking feature.
8. Fix some other minor bugs.
Version 3.01 was released on December 02, 2009:
* 1. Adds new function to clip any segments and optionally merge and sort them to make a creative movie.
* 2. Adds new function to crop frame size to remove any unwanted area in the frame just like a pair of smart scissors.
* 3. Fixes some minor bugs.
Version 2.79 was released on November 06, 2009:
* 1. Adds clickable buttons on the initial interface for better user experience.
* 2. Fixes bug concerning the login error for the YouTube registered users.
* 3. Fixes Audio/Video sync. problem for the PSP/PS3 output.
Version 2.78 was released on September 29, 2009:
* 1. Supports output profile for Zune HD.
* 2. Supports F4V, TS as input video file formats.
* 3. Updates the language files.
* 4. Fixes bug concerning downloading problem because of YouTube account login error.
* 5. Fixes bug concerning the audio playing back error for the amrnb/amrwb input file.
Version 2.77 was released on September 16, 2009:
* 1. Adds the PSP AVC movie output profile with frame size of 720x480.
* 2. Updates the Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, German language files.
* 3. Fixes bug concerning the converted mp4 files cannot be used in iTunes 9.0 or above.
* 4. Fixes bug concerning the Wii profile does not work and other minor bugs.
Version 2.76 was released on July 24, 2009:
1. Supports MKV video output and M4A audio output.
2. Updates mplayer/mencoder engine for better performance and system compatibility.
3. Fixes bug concerning MTS/M2TS and MSS2/MSS video files conversion problem.
Version 2.75 was released on June 18, 2009:
* 1. Updates the online video downloader engine to support the latest version of MetaCafe.com, YouTube.com and Google Video.
* 2. Fixes some minor bugs.
Version 2.74 was released on June 05, 2009:
* 1. Updates the Spanish and Czech language files.
* 2. Updates the output file for Archos players.
* 3. Updates the YouTube downloader engine to resolve the program error when the age authorization is required.
Version 2.73 was released on April 28, 2009:
* 1. Adds Sweden language GUI support.
* 2. Supports external subtitles for any video formats input/output.
Version 2.72 was released on March 20, 2009:
* 1. Supports downloading YouTube HD video.
* 2. Adds AC3 and MP3 as Audio Codec for the profile of "Customized MP4".
* 3. Adds original video size as output video option for some General video output profiles.
* 4. Supports downloading YouTube HD video.
* 5. Updates the language files of Hungarian, Russian and Spanish.
* 6. Fixes bug concerning conversion error for video files with width greater than 1000.
Version 2.71 was released on February 11, 2009:
* 1. Updates the Finnish and Demark language GUI.
* 2. Fixes bug concerning the output format error for Sansa MP4.
* 3. Refines the default video size of mpeg1 and mpeg2 output profiles.
Version 2.70 was released on January 21, 2009 :
* 1. Supports output profile management and adds more than 60 predefined profiles.
* 2. Supports swf video output and aac, wma audio output.
* 3. Adds Finnish language GUI and fixes some minor bugs.
Version 2.67 was released on October 15, 2008 :
* 1. Fixes bug concerning the YouTube video downloading error.
* 2. Fixes bug concerning the gdiplus.dll does not exist for Win98/Win2K.
Version 2.65 was released on October 15, 2008 :
* 1. Supports downloading video files from MetaCafe and NicoVideo.
* 2. Fixes bug concerning the gdiplus.dll does not exist for Win98/Win2K.
* 3. Adds Arabic language GUI.
* 4. Fixes bug concerning the downloading error for some video files from Google Video.
Version 2.63 was released on September 22, 2008 :
* 1. Adds more languages for GUI including Italian, Hungarian, Russian, Czech, Turkey, etc.
* 2. Supports 3GPP2 (3G2) as the output format.
* 3. Fixes the "Network Error" bug for downloading YouTube videos.
Version 2.62 was released on July 16, 2008 :
* 1. Adds "Alternative MPlayer Binary" and "Alternative MEncoder Binary" options for user to select other preinstalled mplayer and mencoder .exe files as the alternative programs.
Version 2.61 was released on June 30, 2008 :
* 1. Adds additional options to adjust parameters for mplayer and mencoder to support more video formats.
* 2. Adds the "a/v sync factor" option to resolve the audio/video synchronization issue for some vide files.
* 3. Fixes bug concerning the "Winsock failed" error when downloading from Google Video..
* 4. Fixes bug concerning the "no audio error" for some WMV files.
Version 2.60 was released on May 28, 2008 :
* 1. Adds some output profiles including Sony PS3, Nokai N Series, OGG Audio, WAVE Audio.
* 2. Adds the option of "Keep Silent When processing files".
* 3. Fixes bug concerning the "Seek failed on an unnamed file" error when generating MPEG4 output file.
* 4. More detailed information for the "Encoding" status bar.
Version 2.58 was released on March 12, 2008:
* 1. Supports merging video files as a single output video.
* 2. Supports "Drag&Drop" to rearrange source files list.
* 3. Adds X264/H264 vide encoding for MP4 profiles.
* 4. Adds a new video output profile for customized MP4 output.
* 5. Fixes some minor bugs.
Version 2.56 was released on January 26, 2008:
* Supports amv file format.
* Upgrades the YouTube FLV downloading engine according to YouTube website upgrade.
Version 2.55 was released on January 22, 2008:
* Adds video codec for AVI output. Supports msmpeg4、msmpeg4v2、wmv1、wmv2、mpeg2、mpeg1、h263p、huffyuv、ffv1.
* Adds French and German user interface.
* Fixes bug concerning the display error of processing indicator for MP3 and 3GP outputs.
Version 2.53 was released on January 09, 2008:
* Adds the "Open Source Media" menu to open the original video files or URL from YouTube/Google Video.
* Fixes bug concerning program error when creating file folder for downloaded videos .
Version 2.52 was released on December 19, 2007:
* Supports DVD Label as output filename.
* Supports multi-language .
* Fixes some minor bugs .
Version 2.51 was released on December 06, 2007:
* Changes to new GUI (Graphic User Interface) for better user experience.
* Adds more program options.
* Supports more output video profiles.
Version 2.25 was released on October 15, 2007:
* Adds WMV 9 as output video Codec.
* Adds menu of Open Destination File to open converted video files.
* Fixes bug concerning screen flushing in video previewing for Vista system.
* Adds more options for video previewing: DirectX, OpenGL, OpenGL2.
* Updates video encoding engine (MPlayer/MEncoder).
* Adds more detailed GPL.LGPL legal notices.
* Fixes bug concerning playing/converting error for Microsoft MSS2 videos.
Version 2.23 was released on August 28, 2007:
Adjusts download method for YouTube download.
Fixes some minor bugs.
Version 2.22 was released on July 31, 2007:
Refines video encoding engine .
Fixes some minor bugs.
Version 2.21 was released on July 16, 2007:
Adds more Audio/Video options.
Fixes bug concerning preview error for some video files.
Version 2.20 was released on July 02, 2007:
Adds WMV and AVI output profiles!
Fixes bug concerning network error for YouTube download.
Version 2.02 was released on June 16, 2007:
It supports converting video to MP3 Audio
Any Video Converter Pro. version 2.01 was released on May 21, 2007:
It supports importing video clips directly from YouTube.
Improves encoded video quality.
Any Video Converter version 1.32 was released on April 05, 2007:
* Refines the video encoding engine for better performance.
Any Video Converter version 1.31 was released on March 28, 2007:
* Supports MPEG4 Movie format for Zune Player.
Any Video Converter version 1.25 was released on March 19, 2007:
Fixes bug concerning video quality loss for 16:9 video output.
Refines GUI design.
Any Video Converter version 1.24 was released on March 08, 2007:
Supports adding 16:9 video files for iPod movie output.
Adds more profiles for output video formats.
Any Video Converter version 1.23 was released on Feb. 09, 2007:
Adds menus of Setting Output Folder and Open Output Folder.
Supports selecting individual sub-folder for different output profile.
Automatically generating PSP readable output file name for PSP output.
Fixes bug concerning some output profile parameters cannot be modified.
Any Video Converter version 1.22 was released on Feb. 07, 2007:
* Fixes bug concerning audio encoding for 3GP/MP4 output formats;
* More configurable parameters for MP4 video outputs.
Any Video Converter version 1.21 was released on Feb. 02, 2007:
* Adds cellular phone profile for 3GP MP4 video out formats.
* Supports "Drag & Drop" video files to the program.
* More configurable parameters for video outputs.
* Refines decode/encode engine for faster converting speed and better video quality.
Any Video Converter version 1.02 was released on November 30, 2006:
* Supports checking program updates automatically when starting-up.
* Fixes some bugs.
Any Video Converter version 1.01 was released on November 16, 2006:
* Supports importing DV, MPG, M1V, M2V video files.
* Fixes some minor bugs.
Any Video Converter version 1.0 was released on September 28,2006:
* User-friendly interface that is easy to use.
* Converts all video formats to Apple iPod Video, Sony PSP and more
* Batch convert any video formats including avi, wmv, asf, mpg, mp4, etc.
* Support DivX and Xvid avi format as importing and exporting video
* Support default video/audio settings or user customized parameters for video and audio.
* Has the option to preview the video in real-time before conversion .
* World's fastest video conversion speed with stunning video and audio quality.
* Supports adjust many video/audio options for MP4 files. For example, video/audio sample rate, bit rate, video size...
Quick follow up, still my go-to converter, still giving great results. If not happy with avg toolbars etc , on install , choose "custom installation" and DON'T click any options ie. leave blank and you will just get clean install, unlike some other freeware/adware programs.
Used it last night and watched movie in lounge room great quality, surround sound, only problem, ran out of popcorn !
Great tool for converting to my portable mp4-player, Philips GoGear Ariaz!
I just drag&drop the files, choose the extension in the dropdown-list, set the video and audio settings in the right pane - push the "Convert"-button (German version) and the files are always in synch, usable 'out-of-the-box' and playing back smoothly.
The features are not meant for high-end encoding for knowledgeable users with special expectations, but for everyday needs - a fine thing!
Keep up the good work!
I downloaded the program author site (avc-free.exe - 22,973,360 bytes - currently version 188.8.131.52. Digital signature AnvSoft Co. Ltd). My main complaint is that it leaves a very obtrusive watermark throughout the entire conversion saying:
So far I've only attempted mpg2 conversions from mp4 and it works OK. Yes, I know it IS FREE - but it's near useless. Looks like you need to upgrade to the "Professional Version" to remove the nag - which is absurd.
yes, it works well, at the same point, it does the same work with SnowFox Total Video Converter. I free actived it several days ago. in other words, I wouldn’t pay that much for Any Video Converter – even at $25 it seems too expensive from the feature list.
I used to use Any Video Converter Free to convert my video files to mpeg2 for DVD creation. When I tried to do a FLV to mpeg2 conversion with version 2.7.6, I got a popup recommending that I upgrade to the pro version to convert to mpeg2. Because of that change for the worse, I no longer use Any Video Converter and no longer recommend it.
This is the best freeware product of it's kind I have found yet. The user interface is superb. It provides default conversion profiles, but altering them is easy, with options provided in drop-downs. The speed appears to be good (based on my limited experience). So far, the resulting converted videos have worked as predicted by the original, without introducing any artifacts or anomalies. The scope of the free product is limited to the most common conversions, with some of the more exotic reserved for their fairly priced 'Professional' version. I have found no 'hobbles', ie: things the application should do (within the context of it's stated purpose) that have been arbitrarily disabled in order to pressure you into buying a commercial version (aka: "Bait and Switch). Very refreshing to see a company that operates this way.
This is my video converter of choice. Fast and easy to use, common profiles set with intelligent defaults, supports batch encoding and file merging. The only shortcomings are that it doesn't support MKV output or AC3 5.1 audio (supports AC3 stereo).
Posted April 02, 2009 by mel2000.
Tool version 2.7.2
using OS Vista
Ease of use 9
Value for money 10
Overall score 9
1 tool hits, Showing
NEW SOFTWARE= New tool since your last visit
NEW VERSION= New version since your last visit
NEW COMMENTS= New comments since your last visit
Type and download NO MORE UPDATES? = The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years. NO LONGER DEVELOPED = The software hasn't been updated in over 3 years.
RECENTLY UPDATED = The software has been updated the last 31 days. Freeware = Free software. Free software = Free software and also open source code. Freeware/Adware = Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Free software/Adware = Free software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Trialware = Also called shareware or demo. Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions. Payware = No demo or trial available.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a BETA, RC(Release Candidate) and even a ALPHA version of the software.
Download (direct link) = A direct link to the software download.
Download (developer's site) = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64 bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = No installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com.