AVI ReComp allows you to recompress your AVI files. Uses only XviD codec to recompression process. AVI ReComp can be very useful for users who want to clear their AVIs out of GMC or Qpel functions to prepare the clips for standalone DVD players. The program contains a feature of embedding subtitles into video.
- Improved handling of exceptions caused by invalid subtitle files.
- Improved mp3 encoding parameters.
- The lowest available audio bitrate is now 96 kbps.
- Audio bitrate = 320 kbps is now available only for CBR mode.
- Azid and LAME settings are now saved to the log.
- Help file update.
- In some circumstances checking for a new version could work incorrectly.
** 06.05.2012 - 1.5.4 **
- New Spanish translation (thanks to Javier Tapia Torres from Spain).
- New Slovak translation (thanks to Stano Kobella from Slovakia).
- Xvid updated to version 1.3.2 final.
- LAME encoder updated to version 3.99.5
- Source code corrections and improvements.
- Our own Xvid installer replaced by the original installer provided by the Xvid Team.
- Due to implementation of Xvid external installer, codec's remnants cannot be removed now.
- Logo window rebuilt.
- Logo position and available values auto-adjusted to the video resolution.
- Logo times (start and duration) auto-adjusted to the movie's length.
- Help file updates and corrections (thanks to Javier Tapia Torres for help).
- Logo right alignment problem for HD video resolutions.
- Incorrect detection of video stream size in some circumstances.
- Wrong F1 Help content for some UI items.
- Incorrect detection of some decoding libraries (i.a. ffdshow).
** 12.03.2011 - 1.5.3 **
- New Portuguese translation (thanks to Joćo Frade from Portugal).
- Xvid updated to version 1.3.0 final.
- Improved compatibility with the new version of the encoder.
- Updated translations.
- Help file update.
** 31.01.2011 - 1.5.2 **
- Added support for non-ANSI fonts in ASS and SSA subtitles.
- Added some new data saved to the log.
- Improved Xvid installer now removes all Xvid remnants.
- New Portuguese translation (thanks to Oscar R. Neto).
- Translation module changes and improvements.
- Temporary subtitles are now saved in the temporary folder after starting a job.
- Removed the font size limit for SSA and ASS subtitles.
- Improved the Resizing module.
- Implemented some additional protections against an invalid final resolution.
- Updated some sections in the Help file.
- Some changes and improvements in generated avs scripts.
- In some circumstances higher versions of VirtualDubMod were not acceptable.
- Incorrect behaviour of Resizing Tools in case of resolutions exceeding the screen size.
- Cropping and Resizing Tool windows were overlapped by their preview windows.
- The maximum value for logo alpha blending was 225 instead of 255.
- Incorrect ARC player adjustments in case of very large or very small resolutions.
- Wrong crop values for maximally cropped picture.
- Minor bugs in the Help file.
- Incorrect required disk space calculation while adding new jobs to the queue.
- In some cases Queue columns were not correctly adjusted after removing an aborted job.
- Opening the window with the list of translators caused an unexpected language change.
- Errors caused by an invalid resultant resolution after using black borders.
- Inaccurate calculations in module checking the availability of black borders presets.
** 05.05.2010 - 1.5.1 **
- Added support for VobSub (.sub/.idx) subtitles.
- Added multiple-audio support.
- Introduced new Audio stream list.
- New Swedish translation (thanks to Lennart).
- Added interpretation of some errors to the log.
- VSFilter updated to version 2.39
- Improved intercepting errors and exceptions.
- Help system update.
- Improved Black Borders module.
- Added more details to the log.
- Implemented ADPCM audio support.
- Many source code changes and improvements.
- Improved detection of some audio codecs and displaying their names.
- Added piracy, copyright warnings to log files.
- Improved and speeded up the translation module.
- Bug appearing while converting 2 audio streams.
- Incorrect frame count for some multi-part AVI files.
- Truncated output files after recompressing some multi-part AVIs.
- Incorrect behaviour of the AVS script editor window.
- Errors when a job failed and an output file already existed.
- Existing target files were deleted in some circumstances.
- Unexpected application errors when more than one job failed.
** 03.10.2009 - 1.5.0 **
- New option for saving subtitle settings.
- New feature for creating custom subtitle presets.
- Implemented the Help System.
- Option to activate the Adaptive Quantisation algorithm.
- Option for automatic output path generation.
- New button "Program defaults" - resetting all settings to default values.
- New Greek translation (thanks to Dawndeath).
- Many source code changes and improvements.
- AVI files created in DivX Media Format are now accepted by ARC.
- Some graphical cosmetic changes in the GUI.
- Improved the behaviour of "Up", "Down" and "Delete" buttons from the "Queue" tab.
- Changed the name for the temporary directories to "New Movie [AVI ReComp temp]".
- Log file suffix changed from "_AVI ReComp" to "[AVI ReComp]".
- Moved the "Each job resets settings" option to the "Queue" tab.
- Added a small splash screen to appear while loading very large files.
- Xvid updated to version 1.2.2
- Changed the suffix for output names from "_new" to "_arc" which is now not translatable.
- Improved AviSynth and Xvid installers.
- Rebuilt module for displaying desktop notifications.
- Notifications are now disabled when the "Stay on top" option is activated.
- The "Translation Guide" is now moved to the Help file.
- Reorganisation of some files and subdirectories of the installation folder.
- Removed annoying "MPA File Import Filter" window.
- Incorrect settings reset after using the "Each job resets settings" option.
- Wrong startup position on dual screen monitors.
- Subs remained auto-loaded from previous movies.
- Incorrect temp dirs for jobs with the same name.
- Incorrect behaviour of some application's windows.
- Incorrect translation of some phrases caused VDubMod crash.
- I/O error 123 directly after pressing the "Start" button.
- Conflict between two different source files if one of them was loaded via command line option.
- Recompression and tool preview errors (conflict between source resolution and colour-space).
** 02.05.2009 - 1.4.6 **
- Subtitle script encoding (for ASS and SSA).
- Option to invoke QPel encoding.
- Checking if the selected translation is complete.
- New black borders configuration tool.
- Added time remaining and % completed indicators for the running job.
- Auto-loading option for subtitles with the same name.
- Added a Volume level adjustment tool to the Audio Conversion Module.
- New Dutch translation (thanks to Kareltje538).
- If movie resolution is greater than screen resolution Preview Player now auto resets to screen resolution.
- Added graphics card info to the log file.
- All occurrences of XviD changed to the official name - Xvid
- The volume level in the Preview Player is now saved/restored.
- Improved total RAM detection (log file).
- Source encoder version is now displayed in the "Data" panel.
- Some User Interface changes and improvements.
- Checking dimensions of loaded logo bitmaps.
- Checking Xvid version before each pass.
- Improved and quicker Preview generation.
- Improved logging module.
- Job settings are now saved and restored on the next start up.
- Distinction between MPEG and H.263 default quantisation matrices.
- Improved alignment in custom matrix table cells.
- DTS audio muxing error.
- "Start" button enabled after reloading VirtualDubMod.
- Incorrect system directory detection.
- "Add to queue" button disabled if the target file was specified as first.
- Error message when trying to open the last used directory if it no longer exists.
- Xvids "Unrestricted" profile was used instead of "Home" (Xvid 1.2.1).
- Incorrect preview operation on Dual Monitor systems.
- After adding a new job the "Start" button became enabled during active reencoding.
- Corrupted display of unknown quantisation matrix.
- Incorrect position of some coefficients in custom matrix tables.
- Invisible button for custom quantisation matrices.
- Not existing file reported as incorrect.
- Incorrect translation in the "Shortcuts" window.
- In some circumstances previously used/saved subtitle settings were not restored.
- Untranslated tooltips.
- Incorrect PlayResX and PlayResY in ASS subtitle scripts.
- In some circumstances desktop notifications were not displayed.
** 12.01.2009 - 1.4.5 **
- New audio resampling feature.
- Added Full Screen mode in ARC Player.
- Added a new "Log" tab for displaying the progress of the reencoding.
- Added new Desktop Alert settings (window transparency, duration).
- New option for displaying custom quantisation matrices.
- New module for checking available disc space.
- New "User Data" editor.
- Added new option for displaying VDubMod's windows.
- New Arabic translation (thanks to Ghada).
- Implemented automatic job renaming.
- Improved handling exceptions and errors on aborting jobs.
- Added some installer embellishments.
- Implemented new installers for Xvid and VobSub.
- Improved AviSynth installer.
- Added new info saved to log files (CPU, RAM, screen settings etc).
- Added warnings of editing video larger than the screen size.
- "Delete temporary files" option is now checked by default.
- Better Xvid version detection.
- Improved preview player's context menu.
- Added VobSub installation checkup.
- Added ffdshow installation checkup.
- Added warnings of closing VDubMod from the Task Manager.
- New "About..." window.
- Rearrangement of some GUI elements.
- Added some new icons and implemented some graphical improvements.
- Added some new balloon hints (tooltips).
- AviSynth updated to version 2.5.8 RC5.
- XviD updated to version 1.2.1
- Translation guides updated.
- Added special comments to all translation files.
- Many source code improvements.
- Remaining Desktop Notification after closing the program.
- Crash if VDubMod's location was changed after adding a job to the queue.
- Incorrect versions of third-party tools in the log file if those tools were reinstalled after adding a job to the queue.
- Remaining "Audio 1" and "Audio 2" buttons after adding a job to the queue with reset settings activated.
- Crash if one of the chosen paths exceeded the file system limits.
- Incorrect behaviour of some windows.
** 02.10.2008 - 1.4.4 **
- New version check option.
- "Donate" and "Beta-testing" buttons.
- New tray menu icons.
- New progress bar for active jobs.
- Additional info in the "Data panel" (QPel, GMC, AR, audio encoding mode).
- New keyboard shortcuts description window.
- AviSynth updated to version 2.5.8 RC4.
- Lame updated to version 3.98.2
- Source and temp files protection if a job is stopped with an error.
- Log info corrections and improvements.
- Some command line improvements.
- Desktop alert module rebuilt (now with fade out effect).
- "Move up/down" buttons - enabled only if more than 1 job in the queue.
- Job list improvements and corrections.
- Default mp3 encoding mode changed to VBR.
- Changed names of some temporary file names.
- Black borders not allowed (warning) for AR lower or equal 4:3.
- Some GUI changes and improvements.
- VDubMod is now running in hidden mode.
- Better target size calculation.
- "Data panel" rebuilt (new "General" section).
- The new AVI size now auto-defaults to the size of the source file.
- Removed or replaced some log data (file names, paths) in the interest of preserving users privacy.
- Additional warning if a save to location and/or target size are not specified.
- Improved Unicode support in some places.
- New source file could be loaded via context menu during setting audio parameters for another movie.
- Some dialog boxes collisions.
- A rarely encountered type of mp3 audio stream could be flagged as unrecognised.
- There was a space in the bitrate value instead of a thousands separator.
- Incorrect behaviour when Stay on top option was enabled.
- In some circumstances a job could be marked as "aborted" even though it was completed.
- Taskbar icon error when using Cropping or Resizing tools.
- Serious bug when recompressing files with size larger than 4 GB.
- Incorrect behaviour of some windows.
- Spelling corrections.
** 01.06.2008 - 1.4.3 **
- New Thai translation.
- Changed the default process priority from Idle to Normal for a default job.
- Both resizing and cropping previews and tools windows are now dragable and accessible in the same time.
- Maximal allowed width for new AVI is now 1920 and maximal allowed height 1080 px.
- If the user sets the values exceeding 720x576 and clicks the 'Use' button then he gets a warning.
- New Close Button on the Preview Player window.
- Improved the preview generating process.
- Job List was significantly rebuilt.
- Eliminated stealing screen windows' activity by VDubMod.
- Improved detection of AVI file encoders.
- Widened AVS script Editor window.
- It is now impossible to Drag&Drop the file that is already loaded to ARC.
- Many source code changes and improvements.
- Some GUI corrections and adjustments.
- From now on the 'keep ratio' option will keep current aspect ratio (instead of original source AR).
- Improved calculations of admissible target AVI size.
- Considerably improved reading data from AVI files.
- The recompression was slowed down after enabling the 'Edit avs script' option.
- Cropping preview bug appearing when reopening Cropping Tools after saving some cropping values.
- Disappearing Preview button in Subtitles Settings window after closing the preview.
- AR indicator was not updated after clicking the Restore button in the Resizing Tools window.
- AVI ReComp preview player did not stop at the end of the movie and the Play button was not available.
- Unrestricted XviD profile was used instead of Home when XviD 1.1.3 was installed.
- Sometimes the resizing and cropping previews were displayed in a wrong colour spaces.
- Incorrect resizing arrows' behaviour when trying to reach large resolution values.
- No screenshots in the Russian translation guide.
- Job List items had uneven look on Vista.
- No standard colours in all colour list-boxes in SSA and ASS settings windows.
- Outline/Shadow colour list disabled in SSA settings window.
- Double LanczosResize in the preview avs script after saving crop values and running resizing preview.
- Incorrect black borders sizes in the preview launched from Cropping and Resize Tools windows.
- Incorrect warnings informing about too large logo size when Black Borders option was enabled.
- Possibility of loading a new source via command line switches even if ARC was busy editing other file.
- In some circumstances ARC disabled DirectVobSub auto-loading mode.
- Recompressing files exceeding 1.99 GB resulted in truncated output.
- Incorrect display coordinates in ASS subtitle scripts when Black Borders option was enabled.
** 03.05.2008 - 1.4.2 **
- New built-in preview player.
- XviD updated to Koepi's build from 27.04.2008
- Lame encoder updated to version 3.98 beta 8.
- A Windows hint dialogue will now display if you hover your mouse over the desktop shortcut.
- If DivX is detected as the codec, ARC will no longer attempt to detect the version and will just display DivX.
- Cosmetic changes to the font and it's size in the changes section accessed from the About window.
- Increased width of the Changelog window.
- Cosmetic improvement to the ARC startmenu shortcut icon under Vista.
- The string "Thanks to all the translators!" accessed from the About window now appears in all languages.
- Protection against launching AVIReCompShell.exe manually. Especially with no command line parameters.
- More appropriate punctuation for changelog items.
- A problem whereby it was impossible to prevent the creation of the ARC desktop icon.
** 18.04.2008 - 1.4.1 **
- Lame encoder updated to version 3.98 beta 7
- Improved serching for third-party libraries in 64-bit systems
- Some changes and improvements in AVI ReComp installer
- Updated translations (Hungarian, Italian and Russian)
- Many source-code changes and improvements
- AVIReComp.exe can no longer be run from locations other than its installation directory
- Improved appearance of some messages and hints
- From now on the default new AVI size is 700 MB
- Icons and images improvements
- Temporary core generated files could not be saved causing resizing, cropping and preview problems (with regard to Vista UAC protection)
- Incorrect Save Dialog opened instead of Open Dialog window when trying to load a new source file (Vista)
- Wrong large file size calculation for XviD and for the log file
- Cropping bug after reopening Cropping Tools and clicking the Restore button
- AVI file association did not work at all under Vista because of Vista UAC restrictions
- Unexpected errors when trying to run cropping or resizing tools and no AviSynth was installed
- Vista uses different fonts and that's why in some places buttons, labels and edits had deformed text
- If no xvid or no avs found in system dirs, message dialogs were invisible and displayed behind the 'waiting' form
- Unexpected errors if New AVI size was set to 0 or not specified
- Codec's name field in Data panel was deformed (Vista)
- The Language List had some strange behaviours under Vista
- Serious uninstaller bug that in certain circumstance could result in data loss
- Update checker rebuilt since it was not working correctly under Vista
- The hint for Desired AVI size was not present in the language file and it is always displayed in English
- Multiple preview available from Cropping and Resizing Tools
- ARC was not able to detect Windows Vista and save appropriate info in log files
** 29.01.2008 - 1.4.0 **
- new Crop feature
- new interface images
- some new gui hints
- new temporary hints for too long subtitle and logo paths
- new 'Translators' button in About window
- added Aspect Ratio in the Resize Tools window
- new Portuguese translation (thanks to thiih_)
- new Russian translation (thanks to mitinka)
- new Hungarian translation (thanks to Pety)
- XviD updated to version 1.1.3
- VDubMod edit adjusted for very long paths
- improved loading files with right-click menu
- improved searching for VDubMod
- many minor gui adjustments and improvements
- corrected TabOrder in the Settings tab
- LanczosResize in avs scripts doubled in some cases
- no Unicode for resizing arrows hints
- remaining hints for very long input/output paths
- wrong AR keeping when resizing
- wrong resizing values - over max allowed width/height
* 18.03.2007 - 1.3.0 **
- new option - audio converting feature
- new option - editing AviSynth scripts
- multiaudio support
- new warnings - XviD possibilities exceeded
- new hints for very long source and input paths
- new Bulgarian translation (thanks to bashman)
- AviSynth updated to version 2.5.7
- registry options storage rebuilt
- gui corrections and improvements
- improved checking new versions on startup
- some installer improvements and corrections
- log info improvements
- many source code changes and improvements
- from now video demuxing is performed before audio demuxing
- improved logging on exceptions
- improved audio bitrate averaging algorithm
- improved searching for XviD version
- translation guide updated
- from now tooltips are enabled by default
- improved handling errors and exceptions from VirtualDubMod and saving them to the log file
- VirtualDubMod errors do not break the queue now
- desktop alert is not movable now
- thanks and changelog are now displayed in the internal window
- removed useless question on closing program concerning removing aborted job from a queue
- when VDubMod was running ARC windows became inactive
- improved default ASS and SSA default style
- alert window from previous queue is now closed immediately after the next queue is started
- new AVI size was reseted after choosing a new language
- invalid final file size in a log file when a target size was very large
- some bugs in the log file when no-audio movie was processed
- SSA/ASS style name collision (all style name appearances were converted to 'AVIRC')
* 05.11.2006 - 1.2.3 **
- XviD updated to version 1.1.2
- compatibility with XviD 1.1.2
** 31.10.2006 - 1.2.2 **
- new option - process priority changing
- if XviD version is not detected then the 'Version' window becomes red
- new Spanish translation (thanks to Argantes)
- some small gui improvements
- problem with &H subtitle color format
- incorrect result when a very large target size was chosen
** 19.08.2006 - 1.2.1 **
- new Serbian translation (thanks to goodmood)
- new Slovenian translation (thanks to lojze)
- improved DTS audio support
- improved protection agains saving inputs and outputs with the same file names
- some small job list changes
- small gui corrections
- sometimes subtitles settings were not saved properly
- ac3 audio sync issue
- wrong original subtitle file path in a log file
- error when too long file names were used
- no file extension after a recompression
- XviD N-VOPs issue (N-VOP's cause audio desync on many ESS based players)
- some bugs concerning AviSynth and color-spaces issuees
** 29.04.2006 - 1.2.0 **
- added a new feature of resampling video frames
- added shortcuts: Ctrl+o (open source file), Ctrl+s(save new AVI), Ctrl+d(add to queue)
- default file name for Save AVI dialog box is now generated
- new French translation (thanks to RaZorbacK)
- new Italian translation (thanks to Chris B from Cryogenic Team)
- subtitling algorithms totally rebuilt (ASS and SSA subtitle style detection)
- many source code improvements
- some changes in About window
- added more hints
- improved searching for required tools on startup
- VirtualDubMod updated to build 2542 of version 22.214.171.124 (update recommended)
- Hebrew translation corrections
- some changes and corrections in AVI Data panel
- from now VirtualDubMod does not display input and output video preview (after processing the original settings of VirtualDubMod are restored)
- in some cases the audio type was not detected properly
- in some cases not supported sources were accepted and loaded
- logo settings were saved every time during the preview
- in some cases the message alert window was not displayed on top
- sometimes the output file audio was out of sync
- problems with multi-style ASS and SSA subtitles
- subtitling bug if no style was declared in ASS / SSA subtitle file
- subtitling bug if a declared style was not used in ASS / SSA dialogues
- incorrect subtitle size while adding the black borders
- sometimes the captions of the message-boxes were not translated
- sometimes after a new job was added to a queue and the language was changed some new data appeared in the AVI Data panel
- no audio stream in the final output in case of loading the file via the right-click menu
** 13.03.2006 - 1.1.2 **
- audio/video/subtitles synchronization problem during the Preview
** 03.03.2006 - 1.1.1 **
- new option: Disable B-VOPs
- enabled sound for the preview
- new Czech translation (thx to kinki)
- new translation guide (html)
- an Official AVI ReComp forum available -> www.videopedia.pl/avirecomp/forum
- form now every source is loaded as DirectShow source
- changed fonts for a desktop alert window
- from now only versions 126.96.36.199 and higher of VirtualDubMod are acceptable
- all VDubMod jobs have now .jobs extension (.vcf before)
- removed non-english characters protection in the paths names
- slight gui changes
- if VobSub was installed together with ARC and its configuration was not changed by the user a DirectVobSub auto-loading is disabled
- rebuilding of installation directories
- now also the documentation can be translated. It will be loaded automatically in a chosen language
- some improvements in a German translation (thakns to Aux)
- in some cases the exceptions were logged incorrectly
- H264 encoding format was not detected properly
- A 'New version' alert was not displayed in Unicode properly
- remaining 'unknown codec' after changing a language
** 15.01.2006 - 1.1.0 - Unicode version **
- new option: removing source files after a successful recompression
- added command line option. Now you can open your AVI files from right-click context menu.
- a new Hebrew translation (made by Pasha Kagan)
- a new German translation (by Auxiliaris)
- Unicode support.
- GUI significantly rebuilt
- AviSynth updated to version 2.5.6a
- XviD updated to version 1.1.0 final
- changed a desktop alert information
- improved logging on exceptions
- improved protection against possible errors
- many source-code improvements
- many changes in translation template (it is now much easier for the translator to understand the meaning of some parts)
- some new installer improvements
- improved checking for a new version on startup
- improved preventing the second instance of the application from starting
- now all log entries are available only in English
- from now only full stable version will be released. The installer will always contain all required tools
- improved searching for VDubMod and XviD on various Windows versions.
- the installers of AviSynth, XviD or VobSub were not removed from Windows Temp directory after installation
- two words were not translated properly while changing a language
- after aborting a single job in a queue the buttons (Up, Down, Delete) didn't work as they should
- there were no hints available for two disabled buttons
- a splash screen (Please, wait...) was not displayed correctly when XviD or AviSynth was not found
- errors during recompressing AVIs without audio stream
- some spelling mistakes in Polish translation.
**05.09.2005 1.0.0 new stable**
- a new feature of batch encoding is added (now you can add your jobs to the queue)
- a new panel with detailed informations about loaded AVI file
- a new feature of adding logo bitmap to the movie
- a new 'Preview' button in SSA/ASS settings window
- a new 'About...' item in tray popup menu
- GUI is significantly rebuilt
- big changes in the source code
- improved the translation algorithms. From now ARC displays the list of languages in the default OS language used by the user
- updated 'How to make the translation' guide
- from now the initial directories for subtitles and logo (.bmp) are saved for the next session
- changed English translation (thx David J Hughes for help)
- changed the algorithms for adjusting subtitles properties. From now the original subtitle file is not changed. So you can use the same file with different settings for different movies
- changed the names of the directories for temporary files
- longer time for displaying hints
- VirtualDubMod updated to version 188.8.131.52
- improved searching for default source and target directories
- some XviD settings remained from the last compression
- little gui bug (deactivating subtitles didn't disable 'subtitles-settings' button)
- another gui bug (unproper size of VDubMod status window when this tool was not found)
- after setting a path to VDubMod a version of this tool was not displayed at all
- after accepting an invitation to download a new version the users of version 0.1.5 were directed to not existing website in our DHT service
- a possibility of choosing a different file than VirtualDubMod.exe from the history list
- VDubMod status 'Not found' was not retranslated properly
- some words in subtitles-settings window were not translated as they should
- two or more welcome and warnings windows were displayed when starting recompression. It occurred when OS didn't contain some registry entries or VDubMod was never used before.
- a bug when VirtualDubMod couldn't read some temporary files. This bug is fixed in new version of VDubMod (a possible issue with Symantec Corporate AntiVirus 10) .
**04.08.2005 - 0.1.5 stable**
- added some new warnings when the quality of the video is suspected to be very poor
- added checking for new versions on startup
- from now VobSub is required (the installer contains VobSub now)
- added some new informations to log file
- now you can drag and drop your AVI files onto the source window
- added warning protecting target file against being overwritten during next work
- added warning when 'stop' button is pressed
- many improvements in the source code
- gui changes
- AviSynth updated to version 2.5.6 Beta4
- VSFilter updated to version 2.36
- updated translation template
- I decided to decrease the process priority for two main encoding passes
- updated Polish and English FAQ (visit AVI ReComp website !)
- improved getting info about VirtualDubMod product version
- bug when the user was able to open several copies of AVI ReComp
- two little bugs in 1pass and 2pass jobs for VirtualDubMod
- bug when in some cases the source and/or target paths were saved incorrectly in job file
- bug when all temporary files were deleted if after finished job the preview was started
- bug when borders couldn't be added to source with AR lower than 1,333
- some bugs in the installer
- bug when the target file size was smaller than audio size. Now AVI ReComp will show the warning in such cases
- bug when chosen font name was always the same after opening the subtitle-settings window
- preview window was not closed when quiting the main program
- small bug when the word 'version' wasn't translated properly in the main window after changing the translation language
- AVI ReComp always crashed when non-english characters were used in the source or target path. Now the program rebukes and shows the warning in such cases
- bug when AVI size info was read only from AVI file. Some movies contains wrong size info
- bug when in some cases MicroDVD, TMPlayer or SRT subtitles were not in sync with the movie
- bug when incorrect (SubtitleTool's) SSA subs could be loaded to AVI ReComp.
*14.07.2005 - beta update 0.1.3**
- added new feature: adjusting subtitles settings (only for SSA and ASS subs)
- many slight gui improvements
- now the homepage link leads to AVI ReComp description directly
- updated translation template
**07.07.2005 - beta update 0.1.2**
- added new option: now you can add black borders to your movie
- added new option: now you can force AVI ReComp to delete all temporary files
- now clicking on the message of desktop alert you can get access to your destination folder
- added 'Turbo mode' option. This option forces XviD to use Turbo function
- now trellis is off during XviD encoding
- many improvements in the source code
- prepared new translation template
- some changes in desktop alert window
- gui changes
- improved reaching the target AVI size
- bug when the user could change the target AVI size after "start" button was pressed
- bug in displaying AVI ReComp logo icon on Application Control Panel when classic Windows style was used. From now a different picture is used
- bug when user changed the interface language between two jobs then the desktop alert was displayed incorrectly
**04.07.2005 - beta update 0.1.1**
- added logging engine (now you can find *_AVI ReComp.log file in your destination directory). Log window will be added in future.
- added Changelog and Thanks informations
- added checking if AviSynth is installed (when "start" button is pressed)
- now all interface settings are restored after AVI ReComp restarts
- many improvements in the source code
- prepared new translation template
- improved searching for VirtaualDubmod on lunching the program
- improved searching for XviD version
- small gui changes
- bug when XviD codec and/or AviSynth were installed but not found by AVI ReComp.
- bug when uninstaller didn't delete some registry keys
- bug when after aborting job and starting new job the font size of desktop alert was unproper.
Yeah, it's sure strange. I've never had any problems with this prog before, it's always been fantastic. I have now tried it twice on two different systems and it does the same thing on both. I do have almost the same applications set up on both machines, so maybe there is a conflict with something or is it to do with having Athlon processors?
Anyway, I am not too concerned as v1.50 does everything I need.
v1.51 running fine for me(also on XP). No problems with output size or system stability. I have in the past seen problems installing a new version of xvid overtop old version. Uninstalling old version first fixed it.
I haven't seen anybody else comment, but since upgrading to the latest version I have had nothing but problems. Encodes are massively undersized, bad quality and when the program is running my PC becomes unsatble due to very high processor demands.
I tried it on my older AthlonX2 system and it was even worse. Uninstalled and re-installed v1.5 and everything is sweet again.
This is one excellent superbly functioning software tool. Room for potential and it just dropped a point from me on functioning as the xvid 2 pass is fixed(no 1 pass quality), but I love it nonetheless.
AutoGK for DVD and this for MP4's which AutoGK does not accept as source eg H264. Better than once potentially great Handbrake(as developers stopped avi support)and I love how AVIRecomp comes as a nice install package with Vdubmod etc.
Really nice tool to resize, recompress and remux .avi for stand alone dvd players. Support for more input containers to .avi output would be nice. Another great example of freeware besting payware. Keep the updates coming, thanks for the app.
Although this is a very good program, but unfortunately, I do not have the choice of choosing 1 pass or 2 pass, whatever I do, it does 2 pass, which is annoying somehow. It seems that the bug isn't fixed properly yet!
Still, it is very good and I thank the author, good one!
Bitrate Spike Control is awesome.
A great tool to smooth out videos.
Now I can recode my movies at a higher bitrate to play through the Philips 5960 USB port.
I can store tons of high quality videos at a decent filesize, instead of crushing them down to a substandard bitrate.
A small filesize is great, but if they are too compressed, it defeats the purpose.
This program made me not only stop regretting my DVP642 purchase, but finally made it the essential product I had hoped it would be. Any AVI wrapped file I can throw at it comes out working perfectly in my standalone DVD player.
Quite happy with this program. Was looking for months about any one-step ways to hardcode subtitles onto my 700mb sized DVD rips but this one seems to be the quickest and easiest.
It would be super awesome if the program would allow a little bit of editing of the subtitle file itself. I had to use SubMagic when I found my subtitles to start 6 seconds ahead of the video. But after that. The process was a breeze. On my slow system the whole process took about 50 minutes for a movie. Pretty fast I must say. A simple, Must-Have program.
As far as installation problems like the other one said..I cant comment on it. I have a few spyware/firewall progies too and my installation was smooth as silk. Just for good measure, I removed Vobsub, avisynth and Xvid FIRST and let this program install them itself (it installs these 3 programs). Hope you can get this to work because it really is worth a 10.
Iv had many Qpel/GMC encoded films (some by accident) and some that my DVP-642 just would not play, after running them through this BAM it worked. Its que system is great autoGK didn't seem to be able to do it as well, and at times would drop the quality however with this the quality hardly suffered if any and its works like a charm.
this is a greate app!
If You Want To Add Subtitles To Your Movie ,And Save The Original
Quality(Audio And Video) ,Or To Recode From Divx to Xvid
This Is Exactly For U!!.
Easy To Use ,And Very Good Results!
I Already Add Subtitles ,To My 25!! Avi Movies ,With Not Problem!.
Only 1 Problem I Founded ,It's The VBR MP3 Encode.
in 2 Movies ,i had problem ,but it was because the rip group
and not because the app!.
To Fix That i Used Besweet Gui And Besweet app ,Resync The Sound
And Merged With the none Sound Video File That The App Maded!.
I have attempted to install the program on 2 PCs and on both the program stalled after installing the vobsub 2.23. When i forced the setup to close and opened up the program the Start button on the program was missing and as a result i couldnt use the program.
I have AV software, spyware software and a firewall and i'd like to think most people do. But i disabled the AV software to no avail.
My assessment of the program is therefore based on the fact that it couldnt be used.
As as owner of a Philips DVP642 this is what I've been looking for. Some quick tests with one movie and samples from others it appears to also recode N-VOPs without dropping frames like AutoGK and fixed an incorrect aspect ratio. Correcting poorly encoded AVIs has been hit or miss with AutoGK so far. Further testing needed but it is looking very promising.
Posted September 08, 2005 by KiwiKid.
Tool version 1.0.0
using OS WinXP
Ease of use 10
Value for money 10
Overall score 10
1 tool hits, Showing
NEW SOFTWARE= New tool since your last visit
NEW VERSION= New version since your last visit
NEW COMMENTS= New comments since your last visit
Type and download NO MORE UPDATES? = The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years. NO LONGER DEVELOPED = The software hasn't been updated in over 3 years.
RECENTLY UPDATED = The software has been updated the last 31 days. Freeware = Free software. Free software = Free software and also open source code. Freeware/Adware = Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Free software/Adware = Free software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Trialware = Also called shareware or demo. Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions. Payware = No demo or trial available.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a BETA, RC(Release Candidate) and even a ALPHA version of the software.
Download (direct link) = A direct link to the software download.
Download (developer's site) = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64 bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = No installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com.