vgtmpeg is a ffmpeg/avconv clone that adds a number of additional features to the stock ffmpeg and libavformat/libavcodec libraries augmenting its functionality. One of the most important ones being support for DVD folders/ISO input. vgtmpeg comes with precompiled binaries for all popular platforms. Windows, MacOS X and Linux in 32 and 64bits. Command line tool.
Free software Win Mac Linux
Version:2.0.35 Released: Size:5.9MB Portable version
- fixed bug that was disabling keyboard interaction while in ffmpeg mode
- added h265 encoding support with x265
- added vp9 encoding support and libvpx-vp9
- vgtmpeg now comes with 384 codecs and 270 formats by default without extra libraries. see ‘vgtmpeg -codecs’ and ‘vgtmpeg -formats’ for actual list
- this version is merged off ffmpeg version 2.5.4
- now compatible ffmpeg version is reported in command line. System integrators can use this to gauge ffmpeg compatilibity.
- vgtmpeg does no longer need explicit ‘-map’ command line settings to map intput streams to output streams. Defaults are provided if not indicated.
- updated libdvdread to 5.x series and released vgtmpeg version in github http://github.com/concalma/libdvdread-vgtmpeg
- miscellaneous bugfixes
NEW SOFTWARE= New tool since your last visit
NEW VERSION= New version since your last visit
NEW COMMENT= New comment since your last visit
Type and download NO MORE UPDATES? = The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years. NO LONGER DEVELOPED = The software hasn't been updated in over 3 years.
RECENTLY UPDATED = The software has been updated the last 31 days. Freeware = Free software. Free software = Free software and also open source code. Freeware/Bundleware = Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Free software/Bundleware = Free software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Trialware = Also called shareware or demo. Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions. Payware = No demo or trial available. Portable version = A portable/standalone version is available. No installation is required.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a BETA, RC(Release Candidate) and even a ALPHA version of the software.
Download (direct link) = A direct link to the software download.
Download (developer's site) = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64-bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = Portable/Standalone version meaning that no installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com.