Email me when it has been updated
Report this tool (dead link/new version)
Version history / Release notes / Changelog:
Video Splitter Home Edition Hide changelog
New dialog for selecting streams for preview and editing
Trimming and joining MKV, WEBM, MP4, AVI files with multiple audio streams.
Trimming and joining MKV, WEBM with embedded UTF8, ASS, SSA, subtitles streams.
Trimming AVI with embedded GAB2 subtitle stream (subtitles are saved to external files)
Trimming and joining AVI, MKV, WEBM, MP4 with external ASS/SRT subtitles streams
"Add Marker + Invert Fragment" and "Cut Out Previous Fragment" buttons to simplify marking fragments for cutting out
Dragging timeline by middle mouse button when it is zoomed
Option for setting "Default Trimming Accuracy" in "Smart Mode Setting" tab of "Preferences" dialog
Hotkey Ctrl+W for "Close File"
No output when joining files in drives root
Unable to open MKV file
Hangs on opening WMV files
Hangs at the beginning of AVI file editing
Audio out of sync on output AVI files with MP3 audio
Slow motion of video playback and partly no sound on trimmed AVI file with MP3 audio
Freezing frames on trimmed MP4 file with AVC adaptive interlaced video
Splitter stops reacts on button clicks after output file's mask customizing in "Save as..." dialog
Ability to zoom timeline by mouse wheel in full screen mode
Video Splitter Home Edition
Crash on clear file's list in Join Manager
Crash if empty folder in Join Manager selected
Crash on opening some AVI files with MP42 video on Win8
Crash on navigating while the playback of MPEG2 file in zoomed state
Crash on zooming timeline on some MKV
Crash on trimming MP4 file with MP4V video if video only enabled
Hangs on opening some MP4 files
Hangs on trimming multiple intervals on MPEG TS files with audio only option selected
Unable to play trimmed AVI file with CRAM video
Unable to play trimmed WMV ASF file
Unable to play some WMV files not from start
WMP encountered an error on playing trimmed MOV file
Corrupted AAC file after trimming audio only on MP4 and FLV files
Unable to step by k-frames on some MP4 files
Unable to trim files with AVC video that have Profile Level mismatched to resolution
Unable to open MP4 file with MPEG2 video and PCM audio
Unable to open some MP4 files with MPEG1 audio
Unable to trim VOB files with DTS audio
Unable to join trimmed WMV files from the same source
Language localization fixes
File slicing by time / length / parts. Available through Tools->Slicing…
FLV files support with Frame/K-Frame accuracy for AVC video and K-Frame for Sorrenson codec
Added frame accuracy mode for AVI files. DX50, MP42, MP43, AVC1, XVID, DIVX, DIV3, H263 codecs
Option to keep current project markers if for a new media file. Available through Tools->Preferences->Control->Keep Project Settings
Option to clear a history and don’t save history at all
Project recovery. If something went wrong you should be offered to open auto-saved temporary project while opening Video Splitter in a recovery window
MP3 VBR more accurate editing
Asking to save a project if to close Video Splitter
While Splitter updating a new version should not ask for a registration if previous version was registered
Reduced a CPU usage for files playback
Fixed a CPU consuming while dragging a mouse pointer Video Splitter window
Fixed a performance problems in case of many markers on a timeline
Optimized MKV files opening and seeking from local network storage
Inaccurate editing for MPEG-2 video elementary streams
If some hotkeys are changed, it was not reflected in a context menu
An Option “Close application after trimming” not always successfully operated
Artifacts in some trimmed MP4 and AVCHD files
Hangs for trimming some MPEG2 files
Hangs for a mute feature for some MOV files
Some problems for trimming MOV with PCM audio
Positioning to the last frame by “Tab” did not update a preview frame
Now there are two versions of video splitter Home and Business.
Command Line Interface feature is left in a Business version only
Batch Mode editing is left in a Business version only
Crash application on trimming MP4 file
Crash on preferences settings change
Crash on cancel trimming files containing AVC1 video
Crash on audio streams change
Crash on trimming WMV in Windows8
Crash on trimming WEBM
Crash on "calculate size" on AVI file
Crash on trimming AVI file
Hangs on AVI files trimming
Hangs on MPEG-TS files trimming
Hangs on MP4 files trimming operation
Hangs on canceling calculate output file size operation
Hangs on the first time opening and playing, decreasing priority of building an audio waveform
Fixes (unplayable output):
MP4 trimmed clip crashes QuickTime player
Trimming AVI with AVC1 video files fails
Bad sound on trimmed ASF file
Noise when saving muted fragments together with original sound fragments on VBR MP3 file
Freezing video and sound for the joined MPEG-TS file
Unable to trim ASF with H264 video/AAC audio
Bad result when joining ASF with AAC audio
Speed up the playback of the output file after ASF file with AAC audio trimming
Bad interleaving for trimmed or joined MP4 files
Unable to playback and navigate for the joined MP4 video with PCM audio
Fixes (mismatch selected interval):
Inaccurate AVC1 VES trimming
Inaccurate trimming MPEG with multiple video tracks
Inaccurate MPEG2 trimming with multiple video tracks
Memory leaks in thumbnails painter
File name is displayed above “Buy Now” button when opening the trimmed file with Video Splitter
Settings for the output file mask are not saved
The main new features of Video Splitter 4 are:
- The support of the file format - FLV. The editing with frame accuracy for AVC codec, with K-frame accuracy for other codecs
- The editing of AVI files with frame accuracy
- Slicing files into parts of a given duration, size, or into specified number of parts.
- Saving of metadata for MP4 files
Additional minor features:
- The ability to keep project settings (intervals, selected streams).
- The ability to clear the recent files history and ability to disable saving the recent files history
- The ability to configure destination directory for output files
- Ability to adjust playback settings (selecting video renderer)
- Text color settings for message boxes and information panel
Trimming and joining Bluesonic BS-F008 DVR files
Displaying route on Yandex maps and speedometer, compass, readings on Bluesonic BS-F008 DVR files
Displaying extra video window and switch control for front camera and rear
Trimming and joining Bluesonic BS-F003 DVR files
Displaying route on Yandex maps on Bluesonic BS-F003 DVR files
Italian localization fixes
Information message has been added with a link to upgrade policy when upgrading to the next major version
Google Maps was disabled on DETALECO CamBox CE DVR files
Saving video frame to JPEG format
Full screen mode
H264 VES saving for MKV, MP4 and ASF formats
Drag and drop input, output files from information panel to other applications
Ability to hide information panel
Saving ADTS AAC for files with AAC audio
Displaying route on the Google, Yandex maps and speedometer, compass, accelerometer readings on DETALECO CamBox CE DVR files
DETALECO CamBox CE DVR files trimming and joining with saving GPS extra data
MP4 batch files trimming result is damaged
ASF files trimming with AAC audio codec
MP4 files trimming with AMR audio codec
Hangs on showing filters for current format in codecs and settings preferences
"Browse output file" opens wrong directory
Ctrl + C, Ctrl+ V in navigation edits doesn't work
Unable to save video only in source format
Hangs on opening project with input file that doesn't exist
Maximized window state is not saved when exiting application
Noise in the resulted WMA trimmed file
Hangs while trying to index corrupted ASF file
Certified for Windows 8 compatibility.
WEBM files format frame and K-frame trimming and joining support
Frame accurate MP4 files with MPEG4-Visual Video trimming
Mask for advanced naming of output files
New stylized preferences dialog
Drag & drop of output/input files specified in the Information window
Crashing on multiple trimming of MTS files
Artifacts on trimmed AVCHD files
Negative time on the timeline after MP4 trimming
Unable to join WMV files with hangs
Crashing on the next trimming attempt after “Destination File couldn't be set” error
Wrong appearance of “No selected intervals” message on trimming
Hanging on MPEG1 file splitting
Wrong positioning while MPEG2 file navigation
Artifacts on MPEG2 file trimming
Artifacts on WMV file trimming
Hanging on batch splitting of MP4 files
“Error hr = 0x80004005”on MP4 file editing
“File is not supported or damaged” message on MP3 file editing
Timeline doesn’t update (becomes grey on some operation processing)
Crashing on thumbnail building
Batch Manager cannot open the project file if the source file is stored in a different folder
Hanging when use Batch Manager for trimming
SMM_BatchSplit.exe asks administrator permissions
AVI files joining is stopped when using Batch Manager
Not frame accurate editing of MKV files
Double positioning while navigation during MKV file playback
Hotkeys don’t work when the modal window is opened
Hangs when index MPEG files in folder
Hangs and crashes on marker setting
Marker doesn’t react to time window
Crashing on MP4 file opening
Hanging on cancel operation of batch processing
Bad quality of re-encoded part of MP4 file with AVC video
MPEG switching program breaks frame/K-frame navigation
Audio begins to play on the stop status of playback when move the slider
Crash on changing audio track
SMM_BatchSplit.exe asks administrator permissions
Timeline area is not updated after minimize-restore operations
Timeline area is not updated on opening trimmed MPEG file
Switching programs on mpeg streams breaks frame/k-frame navigation
Auto selecting audio and video streams that are related to same program when open MPEG files with multimple programs
Splitter 3.3 Beta
With support of WEBM, VP8 video files Frame / Key frame editing is available.
Jerking video playback when insert the audio silence in AVI files containing MP3 audio with variable bitrate
Corrections of the Italian localization
Crash when opening MOV files of long duration containing PCM audio
Hangs while trimming some MP4 files
Errors and hang with function calculating the size of the output file
Fixed artifacts on video after trimming MP4 with AVC1 video
German translation corrections
Ability to mute selected audio fragment without re-encoding for audio types: mpeg audio (v1, v2, l1, l2, l3), aac, ac3, wma (v2, v3, voice), pcm, ms adpcm, intel adpcm
Saving elementary video stream for AVI files with AVC1
Turn off audio/video track for selected files in Batch Manager
Hangs on trimming multiple fragments on some AVI files
Black screen after trimming video only on AVI files with AVC1
Hangs and crash on opening some mkv files
Hangs on trimming files with extension that not belongs to actual file type
After using system menu of main window close and minimize buttons doesn't work
Trimmed wmv file is damaged
GUI and help file Italian translation
"SolveigMM Video Editing Engine works in Demo Mode" message using remux wmv file function and Index mpeg files in a folder function.
The size of the MP4 file after cutting more than the original
Artifacts in the middle of the file on trimming some AVCHD files
Audio out of sync or no sound in the trimming result of MP4 file with GOP accuracy mode
fix "Error: SolveigMM Video Editing object ver 220.127.116.11 or above is required" SMM_BatchSplit.exe using portable installation
Trimming hangs at 100% on some MKV files
Trimming hangs at 0% on MKV with interlaced AVC
Trimm and Join speed optimization on MP4 files
Running task using Batch Manager shows error "Can't Start Trimm process for current task" with message "Editing Engine works in Demo Mode"
Updated components for compatibility with latest SolveigMM Video Editing SDK 2.0 installation
No video after cut AVI files with H264 codec
Crash on trimming AVI with H264 codec
Too slow trimming AVCHD files
Fast forward playback of output file after trimming AVI
MPEG files trimming with MP3 audio makes result with audio that is playing fast
AVCHD trimming error "Not enough storage is avalable to process this command"
Unable to play AVCHD files with muxed teletext
WMV files trimming hang up
MPEG 1/2 trimming is not accurate
MPEG 1/2 trimming too slow and can not be completed
Too slow editing on some MP4 files
WMV trimming hangs sometimes
Progress hangs at 0% sometimes when trimming mp3 file
Chinese and French translations of the user interface and help files was updated
No selection of time is displayed in the editing window when use spin buttons
Times editing windows shouldn't be active when only one marker is selected
When you click on "zoom in / out", hot key "Space" shouldn't reiterate this operation
Restored "stop" button to navigation panel
"Class not Registered" error on trimming avc video in Portable installation
New and improved interface
MOV/MKV/MP4/AVCHD formats frame accurate trimming and joining
Thumbnails on timeline feature
Time format switching (time and frame time)
Now it is possible to set markers within a frame (it is useful in case one frame is too long - 1 minute or so)
Wrong font size of menu items on winXP
WMV trimming hangs sometimes when select interval at the end of the file
Added French translation (interface and help)
Updated help file for German
Fixed program hang when cutting multiple parts from avi file that contains only video
Fixed memory leaks when you resize the main window.
Update user guide in Russian
Program hangs when canceling cutting wmv file
Program hangs when adding mp3 file to Join Manager
Synchronization of selected tracks in the Control menu with the settings save dialog
Crash when editing avi files containing AAC audio
Updated help files
Program hangs when saving avi to asf
Program failure in Batch manager's list when switching interface language
Error "Can't Start Trimm Process" when select option "Save Selected Fragment As"
Frame accuracy for WMV files (WMV1, WMV2, WMV3, MSS2)
Validation of WMV files
Indexing of MPEG1/MPEG2 files from the selected folder
Localization to German, Russian and Chinese languages
Speeded up trimming and joining process on wmv files
Increased speed of joining on avi files
Updated design of installation package
Help file was updated
No conversion available for selected input error on trimming wav file after mpeg2
Destination file has not been set after trimming mpeg2 on trimming wma
Wrong K-frame navigation on avi/ wmv files
Changed default extention when remux mpeg2 files
•Fixed crash on some AVI files trimming
•Invalid file after trimming AVI with h264/avc video
•Error 0x8007000e after multiple AVI files trimming
Simplification of product registration process
Sound Volume control
WAV files support
MPEG-1 files support
Automatic check updates feature
Recent files menu
GOP accuracy trimming mode for MPEG-2
GOP accuracy trimming mode for MPEG-1
Save audio only from AVI, ASF, MPEG-2 PS/TS, MPEG-1 SYS files
Windows 7 Compatibility
Wrong AVI K-Frame navigation
Video window jerks while change size
Crash on MPEG-2 video on specific time
Crash with MPEG-2 joining
“Unexpected error” while join AVI files
Incorrect start frame on MPEG2/1 files in frame accuracy mode
Incomplete last GOP after trimming till end of file
Batch manager running after cancel failed
Batch manager doesn't save trim accuracy mode
Unable to trim MPEG-2 VES
Audio out of sync when trying to cut several segments in the same GOP with AVI files
Crash on opening WMV files
Too slow MPEG-2 files opening and editing
Processor load after trimming
Splitter plays all audios stream at the same time in Multi audio MPEG-2 stream
Frame/GOP accuracy mode is not set correctly when using "Save Selected Fragment As"
No preview with DV AVI type1
Wrong DV AVI k-frame navigation
Fix "Can't build trimming graph" error with TS files
WMV (MSS codec) trimming with artifacts
No GOP accuracy trimming WMV (MSS) files
Seeking is not possible in multi audio-channeled files
Trimmed MPEG-2 files play jerky
Intervals markers blink when play file
Crash on opening ASF (mss2) files
Next K-Frame on file with one GOP doesn't work
Can't join MPEG-1L1 files
Freezing when moving thumb slider in play mode
MPEG-1 files jerky seeking
MPEG indexation hangs sometimes
o- Installer updated to be more compatible with Windows Vista and Windows 7.
o- Improved MPEG-2 joining speed.
- Video preview aspect ratio stays always the same.(Video in prewiew window is not stretched as was earlier)
o- Optimized joining process, not it is faster
- Fixed memory leaks arisen during join
- Fixed registration problem that required administrator privileges in Windows 7 and Vista
- AVI opening hanging files fixed by adding to black list FFDshow Audio Processor that caused such problem
- Improved K-frame and Frame navigation for WMV/ASF files with variable frame rate
- Fixed trim crash if there are set only two markers and they are placed at the same positions
- Many major and minor GUI fixes and improvements
- Repeating joining of same input to same output could cause hanging or slow joining
- Some MPEG-1 files (from Sony photo cam) were rejected to be merged
- Joining progress sometimes jumped during merging
- Project saving (.ssp) did not keep a name of an output file
- MPEG-1 layer 1,2 were not loaded to the Splitter
- Fixed MPEG-2 editing inaccuracy for “Save All Fragments Feature” caused by an index missing. Accuracy of same fragment though Trim button and “Save All Fragments Feature” could mismatch.
- If in batch script contained colon before milliseconds (00:00:50:59) instead of dot (00:00:50.59), batch managed could accept such times in a wrong way
- Slow trimming of WMA files could be experienced sometimes
- Indexation of short MPEG-2 files could hang
- On some WMV/AS files process of saving separate video/audio stream failed
- AAC and ADPCM audio in input AVIs were shown by Splitter as unknown
- Info dialog missed to enumerate some of the filters used by the Splitter
- Navigation though markers using TAB did non refresh a marker time in the according edit box
- Trimming of some WMV files with errors in metadata header failed. Fixed now.
- Fixed help doc hotkeys. Now “Jump to movie end” – End, “Jump to movie start” - Home
o- Merging in file by file mode of the files – AVI, WMV/ASF, WMA, MP3, MPEG-2 PS/TS/VES, MPEG-1 SS/VES
- Ability to choose MPEG-2 TS program for playback
- Audio language is should for MPEG-2 TS streams in the Splitter Control menu
- Installed Splitter can now properly work with restricted Windows accounts – power user, user etc. Before, it required only administrator account to operate
- All the SolveigMM Splitter binaries and installation signed with Comodo certificate
o- Open file dialog now remains opened during adding files for further joining
- Output file name for joining files now is offered as name of first file + _joined
- Improved navigations for audio files, enabled next/previous K-Frame button (jump to 1 sec), mouse wheel (jump to 1 sec) and next / previous frame (jump to 25 millisecond)
- Item: Open input/output file in the Splitter added to context menu of joiner manager
- Joining project extension is changed to jxtl. Now Splitter Project has - .ssp, Batch Project has .xtl, and Joining Project has .jxtl.
- Now if the default indexation folder (that is same as an input MPEG files) is disabled for writing the index is created to the folder - C:Documents and Settings_User_Application DataSolveig MultimediaSolveigMM Video Splitter_Index_. When the Splitter opens MPEG file it checks now indexes at this folder and near to input file.
- Default index file name now include a whole input file name, with extension, e.g. - 8MBit.MPG.mlmix
o- Minor components updates
o- Minor components updates
o- Сrash while trimming some AVI files with AVC/H264 video
- Error "The data is invalid. HRESULT: 0x8007000d" while trimming and joining some AVI files with AAC and AC3 audio to have align blocks in media type.
- Inability to join AVI DV Type-1 files.
- Hotfix: Inability to trim AVI files with VBR audio.
o- Сrash while trimming some AVI files with AVC/H264 video
- Error "The data is invalid. HRESULT: 0x8007000d" while trimming and joining some AVI files with AAC and AC3 audio to have align blocks in media type.
- Inability to join AVI DV Type-1 files.
o- crash occurred at the end of AVI files trimming if input AVI file’s MPEG audio bitrates equals to zero, in other words corrupted.
o- Join manager: fixed "Out of memory" error
- Join manager: fixed random hangs while joining
o- MPEG-2 Frame accuracy: If a fragment ended with one of the first open GOP's B-frames, those frames had been dropped
o- Some joining problems fixed.
- Potential loss of the part of video after trimming AVI and Windows Media files.
o- Incorrect output file duration after joining AVI-DV Type1 files
o-Inability to trim AVI files (Error: trimmer configurations have not been set).
- Inability to start trimming after loading new file.
o- Impossibility to join MPEG1 files
2.2.903.23 2009-03-23 (Update)
o- Open Folder mode available via Join Manager Toolbar.(small arrow near the + picture).
- Browse For Output request when Joining is completed.
- Ability to hide Joiner progress window.
- Files are sorted before adding into the list.
2.2.903.12 Update 2009-03-12
- incompatibility with Haali splitter associated with AVI files.
- multichannel MPEG-1 files incorrect joining.
- incorrect audio timing causing audio artefacts.
- crash when saving output file to read-only area.
- synchronization lost in AVI with vbr mp3 audio.
- crash when adding audio-only AVI files.
2.2.903.4 Beta 2009-03-04
- Added file joiner. Supported formats are AVI, WMA/WMV/ASF, MP3, MPEG-1 video
Version 2.1.901.23 Update. Release Date: January 31, 2009
-"Save All Segments" feature, that saves all the fragments on timeline to separate files
- Added enumeration prefix to output file names. e.g input_0001.avi, input_0002.avi
- Added "Add Task to Batch" item to Timeline context menu
-Eating to big amount of memory and 99% hanging during big MPEG-2 files editing
-Indexation of big MPEG-2 files sometime ended up with 99% progress hang
-Crash during some AVIs with PCM audio trimming
-Hang during attempt to open some other than XTL file as task list file (.xtl)
-Command line util trimming results were unstable if edit big files > than 10 GB
- Byte size now is showed in GB/MB/KB format instead of Bytes
Version 2.1.901.13 Update. Release Date: January 13, 2009
-Crash when trying to edit MPEG2 files via comand line batch utility.
Version 2.1.810.30 Update.Release Date: October 30, 2008
- Inaccurate editing of DVD VOB files. End positions of fragments set to be kept in output mismatched with set positions. Up to 10 frames in each fragment could be more than required
- Fixed problem - if to openMPEG-2 with LPCM audio and try to edit that, the Splitter generated error - "Connecting additional trimmer pin with Muxer has been filed. hr = 0x80040207"
- Video screen did not redraw while dragging or maximizing the main window
- Fixed a crash arisen while trimming some AVI files with MP3 audio
- Fixed navigation problem - when you navigate slider cursor between markers by TAB and then try to seek to one frame left/right,a current marker was navigated instead of a slider cursor
- Fixed bug - when one tried to open SSP or XTL project with reference to index file(MLMIX) for MPEG-2 files > 4GB, splitter delivered message - "Source file is not supported or damaged"
- Clip Scr file in SSP or XTL project showed incorrectly (e.g. if it was "C:tempfile.vob" it showed"C:temp.file.vob")
- If there was turned on - "Obey Sample Times" feature- obey_sample_times="1" flag was written twice to XTL or SSPthat caused error in attempt to open such XTL or SSP file
- LPCM audio in MPEG-2 wrong detection. The splitter showed Unknown audio type
- Fixed a false alarm of possible File rewriting. If you opened some SSP, and changed an output file name then if it even did not exist the Splitter generated the warning
- Fixed bug. If to open SSP file with set output file that can't be created and start processing, the Splitter fulfilled task but did not create an output. Now it generates an error
- To improve usability added *.SSP file filter on Open Media File dialog
- Starting, "Time Calculator" now shows the difference between two nearest markers relatively the slide cursor position
- If opening SSP file the Splitter does not find Clip Scar file (e.g. it was moved to other folder) it asks a user to specify it rather then error deliver
Version 2.1.808.21 Update.Release Date: August 21, 2008
- Fixed a bug with MPEG-2 files aspect ration changes. After MPEG-2 files
editing aspect ratio could be changed.
Version 2.1.807.01 Update.Release Date: July 01, 2008
- Black screens after editing MPEG-4 video (AVI,ASF,WMV) e.g. XVIDwith one visual object sequence per file. Now info added to first outputframe.
- There were thee digits instead of two in milliseconds time fields in timeline edit boxes. now format is HH:SS:MM:MS. MS is two most significant digits of milliseconds
- Crash upon opening file project (.ssp)
- Crash upon opening AVI file in the Splitter more than one time in Vista OS.
- Milliseconds and seconds arrows did not operate correctly in timeline edit boxes
-For now one more error ofWM/ASF Reader is handled inside of the Video Splitter. No need to set "Ignoring Trimming Errors" setting. (error- "Invalid or corrupt data was encountered". HRESULT: 0xc00d002f
Version 2.1.806.10 Update.Release Date: June 10, 2008
- Bug fixed. Audio distortion after trimming AVI with PCM audio
Version 2.1.805.20 Update. Release Date: May 20, 2008
- System dlls, are no moreplaced to system32 directory. It should help to avoid OS reboot and some uninstallation problems.
Version 2.1Release Date: April 20, 2008
- Added support ofMPEG-2 files of High Defetition with frame accuracy
Version 2.0.804.17 Update.Release Date: April 17, 2008
- Bug fixed. Audio distortion after trimming. Format MPEG-2 Layer-2
Version 2.0.803.22 Release.Release Date: March22, 2008
- Undo/Redo added
- Seeking arrows to Slider and Markers edit boxes added
- Shortcuts preferences added
- Open and Save dialogs started to remember own file filder
-Fixed the bug . General protection error arised while editing some AVI files with MP3 audio.
Version 2.0.802.03 Beta.Release Date: Fabruary 02, 2008
-Fixed the bug . Cut out feature did not work, the splitter ignored all the fragments marked as "Cut Out".
-Fixed the bug . The Splitter crashed duringprocessing some WMV and ASF files.
-Fixed the bug . The Splitter delivered an error "Error message: CDSPlayer::OStart" attempting to process the WMV or ASF files with video resolution height not multiple to 2.
-Fixed the bug . Ifthere were any pure markers, during audio files editing, output audio could be distorted at the markers positions.
-Fixed the bug when while attempt to trim some AVI with MP3 audio the trimmer delivered an error - "The data is invalid. HRESULT: 0x8007000d. (Unspecified error hr= 0x80004005}"
-Fixed memory leaks to occurre upon each trimming start/stop iteration
Version 2.0.801.06 Beta.Release Date: January 07, 2008
- Fixed bug. Opening Windows Media file (.asf, .wmv, .wma )the splitter delivered "unknown exception" and then behaved incorrectly.
- Fixed bug. Upon closing the Splitter after some trimming operations a generall error had been generated.
Version 2.0.711.19 Beta.Release Date: November 19, 2007
- Fixed bug when main window disapiared upon calling "Open Media File" menu item.
- Fixed an installation warning "The version of the file being copied is older" about system dlls like mfc71.dll, mfc71u.dll etc.
Version 2.0.711.09 Beta.Release Date: November 09, 2007
- Fixed a problem arised during installation - "Cannot register "C:Program FilesCommon FilesSolveig MultimediaSMM_MP2TrimmerFA.ax" by adding mfc71u.dll to the installation.
- Fixed trimming end of file problem.Not all the data was delivered to an output file.
Version 2.0.711.1 beta.ReleaseDate: November 1, 2007
- Supports MPEG-2 video files
- Frame accuracy for MPEG-2 files
- Fixed the bug - SMM Video Splitter did not work with some DV AVI Type 2 files
Version 1.2.705.05 update.ReleaseDate: May 04, 2007
- SolveigMM Videeo Splitter is shipped with command line version -SMM-BatchSplit
- Added an ability to Save/Load current project
- Added a feature to keep a window size after closing/opening
- Fixed the bug - if cancel window media file remuxing/indexing, "Runtime error, R6025, - pure virtual function call"and then general error arisen.
- Fixed the bug - blocking an opened input file even after closing
- Fixed the bug -"Ctrl+Left/Right Arrow"(next/previous frame) operated incorrect for DV AVI files
- Fixed the bug - at cut points sometime video data froze
- Fixed the bug - during remuxing/trimming small data loss occurred
- Some more major and minor bugs were fixed
Version 1.2.701.25 update.ReleaseDate: January 25, 2007
- Added support of MPEG1,2 Layers 1,2,3 (mp3,mpa,mp1, etc) audio files editing
- Added support of Windows Media Audio(wma, asf, etc) audio files editing
- Added "Size" feature for MPEG audio files. Now it can be used for AVI, MP3, MPA,MP1 files
- Some controls were changed for usability improving
- Delete markers button image was changed
- For "Cut off/Keep On selected fragment " operations were made two buttons with images of Thumb Down and Thumb Up correspondingly
- "Navigation" and "Zoom" menus were made as separate ones
- "Select Next Marker", "Select Previous Marker" commands now moves slider cursor to next/previous markers
- For now, if you try to re-write output file you get the message "Warning! The file already exists Do you want to replace it?" instead of the old "Warning. The file will be overwritten. Would you like to change destination file name". So, now if DO NOT want to rewrite already existing file you must answer NO.
- For now,two errors ofWM/ASF Reader are handled inside of the Video Splitter. That means for these error it is no need to set "Ignoring Trimming Errors" setting. (errors: 1.-"The buffer is not big enough. HRESULT: 0x8004020d (Unspecified errorhr= 0x80004005)"; 2. - "Catastrophic Failure HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (Unspecified error hr = 0x80004005)")
- Problem with the installed Haali Media Slpitter (KLite Codec Pack) with AVI support was fixed. Previous version returned"Input file has not been set properly or damaged (The parameter isincorrect. hr = 0x80070057)" Error if Haali was installed
- The following error was fixed "Trimmer Start/Stop time list have not been set or incorrect. hr = 0x80070057". It arisen when two markers were set to the same position
- Added WMSP1 ("Windows Media Audio 9 Voice") audio stream recognition
- Added MSS2 ("Windows Media Video 9 Screen") video stream recognition
- In some cases context "Save Selected Fragment As"did not operate. Fixed.
- Some buttons graphical artifacts were fixed.
- Batch manager "Open Dialog" file extension filter did not operate. Fixed.
Version 18.104.22.168 update.ReleaseDate: October 08, 2006
- Bug with 100% CPU after pressing next K Frame wasfixed
- Some kind of MPEG-1 and OGG audio wrong recognizing was fxed
- "Update task" operation wrong behaveour was fxed
- Problem when only one task of a batch list is performed if tasks were added by means of drug and drop was fixed.
- Keeping AVI metadata to start with 'ATTR' FOURCC code that is used by Beyond TV software.
- Installer was changed that has to help to avoid some of COM components not to be registered.
Version 1.2 Release.ReleaseDate: September 06, 2006
- Many major and minor bugs were fixed
- Full drag and drop feature was implemented (including batch editor)
- For now it is possible to start processing of selected items in batch editor
- For now when you resize the Splitterwindow, video is resized in accordance with initial proportions
- Some more small features were implemented
Version 22.214.171.124 updateRelease Date: July 31, 2006
- The bug with HD WMW Video was fixed. Video Splitter was unable to trim some HD WMW files because of out of memory
- Zooming timeline slider In / Out feature was implemented.
- "Jump to 2 min backward / forward" hotkeys (SHIFT+Left / Right Arrow) were added
- Navigation Commands were placed to Edit->Navigation submenu
- Zoom Commands were placed to Edit->Zoom submenu
Version 126.96.36.199 updateRelease Date: July 15,2006
- The bug with Unicode file names e.g. with Chinese or Japanese symbols was fixed. Video Splitter was unable to open/same such files.
- The bug with opening/playing WMV files by Windows Media Player was fixed. After opening, WMPdidn’t start playing of WMV files produced by Video Splitter.
- The ASF files produced by Beholder TV Tuner was fixed. Video Splitter was unable to edit ASF files (DivX + PCM) captured within Beholder TV Tuner.
- Some more bugs with WMV video/audio trimming precise were fixed
- Some Menu, Context Menu and Batch Manager changes were made for GUI simplification.
- "Menu->Output File Name.." was changed to "Save Media File As..". This menu point sets out file name and either starts trimming or add task to batch queue.
- "Context Menu->Save Selected Fragment As..." point was added.This point operates like "Menu->Output File Name.." but with one fragment only.
- "Invert Time Line Fragments" command automatically adds additional markers if it is necessary.
- For now you can switch off "Markers K Frame Positioning" and "Slider K Frame Positioning"
-"Ignoring Trimming Errors" feature was added. (It's used when WM/ASF Reader delivers error "the buffer is not big enough").
- All the features including Task List (batch) file format is documented
Version 188.8.131.52 updateRelease Date: June 15,2006 Fixes:
- The bug with WMV navigating was fixed (with some WMV files a navigation din not operate)
Version 1.2 betaRelease Date: June 13,2006 Features:
- Batch files processing (trimming, saving/opening list file)
- Audio stream choosing ability was added (before, the first audio stream was trimmed )
- The bug with WMV last frame was fixed (often last video frame of WMV was not rendered)
- The bug with WMA inaccuracy was fixed
- Some trimming bugs concerning inaccuracy and video artifacts were fixed
- Batch filesprocessing is not documented for the present
Version 184.108.40.206 updateRelease Date: May 10,2006 Fixes:
- The bug with one of AVI streams splitting has been fixed ( if AVI had only one stream: video or audio, or a user selected only one stream to be trimmed the Splitter didn’t operate )
- The bug with audio only of WMV/ASF splitting has been fixed ( if a user selected audio stream to be trimmed the Splitter didn’t operate )
- The bug with audio AVI to ASF conversation has been fixed ( if a user selected audio stream to be trimmed to ASF file the Splitter didn’t operate )
- Positioning feature has been added. Now upon double-click to a marker, the slider jumps to a marker position
Version 1.1.5.02 releaseRelease Date: May 02,2006 Enhanced:
- Buttons "Open file" and "Output File" have been added for usability to "Movie" and "Selection" sections
- Feature to "Index" or "Remux with indexing" forunindexed or damagedASF and WMVfiles has been added
- Time Edit Boxes for markers and fragments are enabled to manual editing
- "Copy/Paste" feature has been added to time edit boxes of slider and markers
- Jumping to 1/20th of movie length forward and backward (Page Up, Page Down) and to a movie start/end positions (End, Home) has been added
- The bug with AVI damaging while trimming has been fixed (after trimming in lower part of video in some AVI files appeared artifacts)
- The bug with a last frame in timeline has been fixed (neither markers nor slider were allowed to be set to last frame)
- The bug with redrawing a video frame while dragging the Video Splitter in overlay mode has been fixed (now a frame is redrawn after dragging stops)
- The bug with filters enumerating in "icon"->"info" dialog has been fixed
Version 220.127.116.11 betaRelease Date: Mach 23,2006 Enhanced:
- Formatting"Byte Size" value has been added for usability (e.g. old value sight 1461925888 and new one is 1 461 925 888 )
- The bug with hanging after trimming completes has been fixed
- The bug with big DV files more than 7 minutes (slider time repeating) has been fixed
- The bug with estimating output AVI file size ( getting size process was not started) has been fixed
- The bug with trimming raw video AVI (e.g. RGB24 ) has been fixed
Version 1.1 betaRelease Date: December 20,2006 Features:
- Supports WMVformat
- Supports ASF file format with any video (WMV 1,2,3,MPEG-4 AVC, DivX, etc) and audio (MPEG L. 1,2,3, AC3, WMAudio V 2,7,8, etc) content
- AVI to ASF re-multiplexing (without re-encoding)
- The bug with AVI contained MPEG1 layer 2 audio has been fixed
- The bug with Help calling has been fixed
- SolveigMM ASF Multiplexer has been added to package
- "Size" feature does not operate within WMV/ASF mode, and it is not documented for the present
- WMV/ASF supportis not documented for the present
WMV/ASFsupporting requires Windows Media Format 9 Series Runtime (to be shipped with Windows Media Player 9 andhigher)
Dptop Link: http://www.dptop.com/app/wmfdist9.exe (5 MB)
Version 18.104.22.168Release Date: December 28,2005 Enhanced:
- A feature of getting output AVI file sizehas been added
Version 22.214.171.124Release Date: October 30,2005 Fixes:
- The bug with messed control colors when Video Card bit depth is 24 or 8 bits has been fixed.
- To avoid registration problems with COM components the following system DLLs have been added to installation:atl71.dll,msvcp71.dll,msvcr71.dll
Version 1.0 releaseRelease Date: September 24,2005 Enhanced:
- An input AVI file Drug and Drop featurehas been added
- K frame navigation has been improved
- DV AVI type 1,2 preview has been added
- The bug when an initial output file was overwritten during a second trimming operation has been fixed.
- WYSIWYG feature ( i.e. precision ) has been improved
- Some issues with out of sync on some kind of AVI fileshave been fixed
- An ability to register the version has been added
- An ability to view the filters info has been added
- Navigation problems with DivX decoders
Version 1.0 betaRelease Date: August 12, 2005
- Based on a freeware SolveigMM AVI Trimmer Component
- Supports any AVI file format (DV type 1 and 2, OpenDML) with any video (DivX, XviD, 3ivX, etc.) and audio (MPEG-1, MPEG-2 layer 3, AC3, etc.) content.
- Supports large AVI files (more than 2GB)
- Allows trimming AVI files contained VBR audio without synchronization loss
- Advanced K frame navigation
- K frame accuracy
- WYSIWYG preview
- Allows multiple fragment processing in single pass
Guides and How to's:
View all guides with guide description here
How to edit AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) with frame accuracy and losslessly by SolveigMM Video Splitter 3 - Read
How to remove all commercial blocks from AVI fast - Read
Acronyms / Also Known As:
Solveig Multimedia Video Splitter, Solveig Video Splitter, SolveigMM Splitter, Solveig Splitter, Solveigm Splitter, Solveigm Video Splitter, Solveigmm Video Editor, Solveigmm Video Trimmer, Video Splitter Home Edition, Video Splitter Business Edition